How to open world pvp on Pve servers

redwingpixie
redwingpixie Posts: 249 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Has any1 figured out how u open pk on pve servers?

Ok what we have done is :

Go SoO out of tower push till is says Beware of visous attks or w/e.

Both have use Wrath skill and took out white targeting from pvp settings.

and still cant attk or hit.

Also could FL stop u pking someone??
Post edited by redwingpixie on
D-D-Disconnect-And-Self-Destruct-One-Bullet-At-A-Time

Comments

• fenrina
    fenrina Posts: 336
    edited February 2011
    There isn't open pk on the pve servers. That's kinda the whole point of those servers. o.o
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Did you activate the wrath skills?

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • ursumtl
    ursumtl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    fenrina wrote: »
    There isn't open pk on the pve servers. That's kinda the whole point of those servers. o.o

not too bright , are you?

of course there is open PvP in PvE servers, it has to be, every PvE server has them. No question about it, those will never come even close to what's happening on a PvP server, but yeah, PvE doesn't mean you can't PvP.
  • fenrina
    edited February 2011
    ursumtl wrote: »
    of course there is open PvP in PvE servers, it has to be, every PvE server has them. No question about it, those will never come even close to what's happening on a PvP server, but yeah, PvE doesn't mean you can't PvP.

I never said there isn't pvp on the pve server. PK != PvP.

Pwe's pve servers have always meant you can't just pk anyone anytime. Unless there's a realm specifically marked "PvP," it won't allow one person to attack another even with white name protection disabled. Pwi is the only one with a different ruleset, but even that is the same basic idea.

Other forms of pvp will work, of course.
  • deathbunny
    edited February 2011
    You have to flag yourself first which I assume means you have to use your "Wrath" skill first before initiating in PK. Both parties has to.

cz47.gif

• fenrina
    edited February 2011
    deathbunny wrote: »
    You have to flag yourself first which I assume means you have to use your "Wrath" skill first before initiating in PK. Both parties has to.

Is there some way to trigger yellow/red name without attacking someone? Going off of the protection list ingame, that's what would be needed to attack in open world pvp on a pve server.

Only way I know of is to heal/buff a yellow/red name which wouldn't work in this case.
  • deathbunny
    edited February 2011
    Hmm... not sure I haven't tried it yet.

It used to be if you buff/heal someone red-named but there are not red-names in a PvE server, lol. I'll test it out when I go in-game next time.

cz47.gif

• redwingpixie
    edited February 2011
    I tried wrath skill lol we both used it same time had yellow hand but white names could use skills or attk tho so idk its why i asked if its even possible.

and PVE simple means its not a free pk in open world like it is on PVP servers most mmos that have pvp servers are like this and pwi is no exception tho i did like pwi's pk system simply hit a safty button, turn off ur protections and simply hit the ppl xD

none of this OP red hand and wrath flag up -.-
  • carmilla
    carmilla Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I tried wrath skill lol we both used it same time had yellow hand but white names could use skills or attk tho so idk its why i asked if its even possible.

and PVE simple means its not a free pk in open world like it is on PVP servers most mmos that have pvp servers are like this and pwi is no exception tho i did like pwi's pk system simply hit a safty button, turn off ur protections and simply hit the ppl xD

none of this OP red hand and wrath flag up -.-

Because PWI wasnt about 1, 2 or at best 3 hit killing people amirite?
  • redwingpixie
    edited March 2011
    carmilla wrote: »
    Because PWI wasnt about 1, 2 or at best 3 hit killing people amirite?

Coz Pwi a few more hits to kill ppl unlike jd which skills were ment for 1hitting -.-

Sides ive tested and u cant seem to random pk on pve which sucks since only pvp is GVG and duels =(
  • namestakenffs
    namestakenffs Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    you Have To Flag Yourself First Which I Assume Means You Have To Use Your "wrath" Skill First Before Initiating In Pk. Both Parties Has To.

L O L

• renegademarshal
    renegademarshal Posts: 49
    edited March 2011
    There is no way for you to PvP other than duel in a PvE server. Since the PvE servers make you unable to attack other players, basically means you can't kill anyone.
  • rassav
    rassav Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    @OP, Thread

If anybody found out how to PK on a PVE server without flagging it would be a bug for devs to fix... I rolled on PVE server because I know the rigor of leveling on PVP server (in WoW) like many others. Ppl who just dont wanna be ganked/griefed repeatedly, or dont like open world pvp will roll on pve server. This being a game from asian company, I am very pleased PVE option is available! In Aion there is always some pvp and you cant escape it (I havent played it but ppl say so on forums).
  • zienhart
    zienhart Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    this honestly makes me laugh...

if you love pvp this much, why are you all on the PvE server?

Honestly i want to know, lol.
  • gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Has any1 figured out how u open pk on pve servers?

Thought It was pretty obvious already but~~ naic trollin', sir.
    [Add smth cool here]
  • jackyo
    jackyo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Your on a Carebear server
    just Right click the other person and start a duel

open world pvp is forbidden on that server, although u can activate wrath to steal orbs from others,
    although noone in their right mind would duel you while u have a red hand , so it is pointless

if u dont like this then play on the pvp server along with other manly players ;D
    Have you ever Danced with a Devil in the pale moonlight ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~Human / Demon Warrior~
    ~CB Phase 1 Tester~
    Dungeon design contest Phase one Winner
  • redwingpixie
    edited March 2011
    Acutly ive tried the whole both ppl flag up just like on pwi and Jd thats what i thought FWs pve would be like only yelllow names vs rather then nubs picking on ppl 10 lvs lower then them on pvp..

PVP is the carebear server coz u guys cant fight ppl ur lv.

PVE = real pvp server ( or it does on pwi and jd)

But i dont wanna be forced to go on a pvp server just to open pk i think that sucks coz i wanna get quests done and that then kick back and random pk with other ppl who WANT to random pk with me and against me.

And dont say duels u cant mass pvp then and GvG is only if the others accept which is rare if ur guild pwns =P

Also i hate Pvp server since most of the time theres alot of kids with a god complex on it or ppl who spend 5k+ on cs just to kill nubies and then start the god complex thing on wc =P
  • sesheenku
    sesheenku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Indeed... why would a pvp player want to leave a pvp server? Makes no sense.

Also I never got pk'ed during CB anyways so there don't seem to be a bunch of god complex kids after all.

@ JackyoLast thing joke or not..The concept of being manly by killing virtual people or by allowing yourself the risk to be killed by other virtual people is laughable. The word to describe such people is careless, it takes a person who doesn't care about being killed and killing other players to play pvp. If this was real life you could call yourself manly. This may or may not be directed toward you depending on whether or not you were just lightly throwing the term around.

Before you try to label me either or I enjoy both aspects of games, however I admit I'm not a careless type of person and wish to do what I want in peace, although the PvP server, thus far seems to be easygoing saying good things about the PvP only community for once.
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15047437000&dateline=1290559725[/SIGPIC]
    Made by me ;D

-> I'm no longer in that guild but I'm a bit lazy to change my sig which I made anyways.
  • redwingpixie
    edited March 2011
    Being manly doesnt mean u careless about others that just means ur a complete jerk.

and there may not be any god complex nassarsium in CB atm but in ob im sure there wil be which i dont like, i luv pvping but i hate the QQ drama on wc and the QQ of everyone u pk on pvp is annoys me.

and i hate the attuide im bigger and better then u coz my pixels pwned ur pixels....

its why i prefer pve severs are the more mature players tend to play there but as a pvper i do want pvp a pure pve server would suck **** big time.

PLZ crab can u tell how we open pk on pve servers if we can.
  • rassav
    rassav Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Being manly doesnt mean u careless about others that just means ur a complete jerk.

and there may not be any god complex nassarsium in CB atm but in ob im sure there wil be which i dont like, i luv pvping but i hate the QQ drama on wc and the QQ of everyone u pk on pvp is annoys me.

and i hate the attuide im bigger and better then u coz my pixels pwned ur pixels....

its why i prefer pve severs are the more mature players tend to play there but as a pvper i do want pvp a pure pve server would suck **** big time.

I will answer you... Just ask for a duel... lol... unless you wanna pk lowbies and unprepared/unwilling ppl, and that you can't, that is what PVE is all about, to protect lowbies/unwilling/unprepared ppl from PVP. BTW I hope we have decent PVP here in FW, battlegrounds, arena (arena is confirmed!), for real PVP - with no twinkers to ruin it.
  • balsero
    balsero Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Coz Pwi a few more hits to kill ppl unlike jd which skills were ment for 1hitting -.-

Sides ive tested and u cant seem to random pk on pve which sucks since only pvp is GVG and duels =(

If you want to PK go to the PVP servers and leave us carebears the heck alone.:mad:

Checking the old topics, you can see that for months the PVpers were bashing the carebears about this a PVP game, you carebears need to leave, now the carebears got a server and you have a big mouth PVPer wanting to establish PKing in a PVE server because he has not the guts to go and try to do PK in the PVP server. LOL
    Poetry is the rhythmical creation of beauty in words.

Edgar Allan Poe
    Arriba, abajo, los Pkers pal Karaho!!!
  • redwingpixie
    edited March 2011
    balsero wrote: »
    Checking the old topics, you can see that for months the PVpers were bashing the carebears about this a PVP game, you carebears need to leave, now the carebears got a server and you have a big mouth PVPer wanting to establish PKing in a PVE server because he has not the guts to go and try to do PK in the PVP server. LOL

That made little sense and no u cant have a pure pve server with next to no pvp thats just boring but i dont wanna pvp with nubs pking lowbies coz their epeen shrunk to 1mm and its not carebear at all lol

im just simply asking if ppl wanna have some pk fun in open world then why cant u in pve? the ppl who hate pvp arnt affected unless they use wrath
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    That made little sense and no u cant have a pure pve server with next to no pvp thats just boring but i dont wanna pvp with nubs pking lowbies coz their epeen shrunk to 1mm and its not carebear at all lol

im just simply asking if ppl wanna have some pk fun in open world then why cant u in pve? the ppl who hate pvp arnt affected unless they use wrath

That almost never happens :/
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • neoyoshi
    neoyoshi Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Exactly, that is the very point of what consensual PvP is after-all.

So with that said.

On a PvE realm: You can not be randomly Ganked, or Player-killed as long as you are not "Flagged"

On a PvP realm: After level 30 - make sure your balls are on point.

Now what this means for instances and situations where players can possibly be "forced" into being flagged for PvP in a whole different matter.

I'm sure PvP minded individuals are looking in to exploits on that, haha.

• redwingpixie
    edited March 2011
    Well im wondering if Pve servers are bugged in the fact u cant open pk while both ppl are flagged up.

And it wont hurt those Pvers that hate pk coz u dont have use wrath skill or pk on button simple for those who like pve and alittle pvp now and then but want mass pk and hate wars.

open world pk is great.

Also Both ppl flaged doesnt work , Fl list doesnt affect pk , the settings doesnt seem to affect pk on pve.

i just dont understand why have the red txt pop up when u leave towns after lv 30 if u cant even open pk?

my guess is wrath and pking on pve server isnt working properly plz sort it before OB!!! in 6 days =(

(maybe if theres no delays with bugs )
  • sesheenku
    edited March 2011

I did not join those terms I stated that PvP players are careless players as far as pking goes and that killing virtual people doesn't make you manly, it just shows you're careless.
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15047437000&dateline=1290559725[/SIGPIC]
    Made by me ;D

-> I'm no longer in that guild but I'm a bit lazy to change my sig which I made anyways.
  • redwingpixie
    edited March 2011
    sesheenku wrote: »
    I did not join those terms I stated that PvP players are careless players as far as pking goes and that killing virtual people doesn't make you manly, it just shows you're careless.

not really careless unless ur a jerk to those u pk if ur polite ur just a good sportman playing the epic game of kill me if u can xD
  • sesheenku
    edited March 2011
    not really careless unless ur a jerk to those u pk if ur polite ur just a good sportman playing the epic game of kill me if u can xD

Yes but I was strictly speaking of the wannabe god PvP'ers.

I can respect a PK'er if they don't, repeatedly gank me, go on WC and start ranting about how fail I am for getting PK'ed by them, go on WC generally and exercise their ego etc. etc.
    Made by me ;D

• redwingpixie
    edited March 2011
    sesheenku wrote: »
    Yes but I was strictly speaking of the wannabe god PvP'ers.

I can respect a PK'er if they don't, repeatedly gank me, go on WC and start ranting about how fail I am for getting PK'ed by them, go on WC generally and exercise their ego etc. etc.

this is why i wouldnt really wanna play a pvp server but if i have to for that open world pvp then i guess i will but as i said when u leave towerpush u get a msg saying

leaving safty zone beware of visous attks or somthing.

i assumed that ment flagged pkers.
  • immortis
    immortis Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ok, I am confused, someone needs to make this clear. I understand that in the PvP servers you can pk anyone at anyone pking map. But in PvE you can attack anyone in any map except low levels am I right?
This discussion has been closed.