i am screwed

leokhn09
leokhn09 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
instances opening time according to my country (singapore)

PVP server
Nightmare Carnival - 1:30AM to 4:30PM
God Trial - 4:00AM to 5:00AM and 11:30AM to 2:30PM

LionHeart PVE server
Nightmare Carnival - 10:30PM 11:30AM (only this one is OK)
God Trial - 1:00AM 2:30AM and 8:30AM 11:30AM

my office hour is morning 8AM to 5PM.
i can play only 7PM to 12PM
so.. this mean no instance for me?

anyone has the same problem?
Post edited by leokhn09 on

Comments

• tharkan
    tharkan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This issue was mentioned during previous closed betas. I think I heard that they will try to fix it. I hope they do
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well, FW is North American (and soon, European) and the times fit to those areas only. You should make time if you wish to play those instances.
  • boozin
    boozin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    What do you really expect them to do?

The servers are based in North America with (theoretically) the vast majority of the player base living here. Given how many time zones there are in the world they can't exactly cater to everyone now can they?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkseed
    darkseed Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    boozin wrote: »
    What do you really expect them to do?

The servers are based in North America with (theoretically) the vast majority of the player base living here. Given how many time zones there are in the world they can't exactly cater to everyone now can they?

I'm American and so these times arent a problem for me...

However, there doesnt need to be limited time windows for events like PWE keeps putting in their games. Ok some events do need this, ussually things of a competitive nature across the server, such as TW in PWI, or the races and State Wars in HotK. Those things, ppl in bad time zones are out of luck. But going into a daily instance to earn gear or money needing a limited window? Thats just absurd.
  • leokhn09
    leokhn09 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PLEASE i am bagging you PWE please atleast add some more opening hours to God of trial.
    PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    or else i will never lvl my char cause of my office hour T________________________T
  • konvictus
    konvictus Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    For me, I'm from Singapore as well , but i'm just lucky enough cause before this i played Lineage II before , also a NA server , so i get used to it... for staying up around 3-4am LOL
  • justthatkid
    justthatkid Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I disagree, I live in FL but work a night shift. Florida is in NA last time I checked :P

And I haven't been able to do any instances due to my time. They should make it like PWI, all day long but there is a "reset" time (here is 3am). This is one reason actually, unless fixed, I am going back to PWI and staying there.
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Times are terrible for me to, but i disagree with having it as a 24/7 instance. As people said in other threads like this, it would make getting a squad hard. Instead id prefer that they added two one hour GT times between 12am-10am server time or something, with four opening times it should cater to everyone given that there will be a few servers with different times, and those people who are capable of doing GT at the current times shouldnt notice a difference in attenance during their time.
    Well, FW is North American (and soon, European) and the times fit to those areas only. You should make time if you wish to play those instances.

And really shelly i dont see how you or PWE could expect people to get up at 1-6am to do the main exp instance of the day, when they have a job.

Its in PWEs best interest to add more times, if they dont theyll only be losing players and income.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • superbigfatpanda
    superbigfatpanda Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Can we get an answer from a moderator for these legitimate claims other than "too bad, fck off, deal with it" or some variation of that?
  • wholemeal
    wholemeal Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    hey hows the ping at freedom harbor, I was playing at China server and the ping ms is horrible @1k ++
  • darkseed
    edited February 2011
    Can we get an answer from a moderator for these legitimate claims other than "too bad, fck off, deal with it" or some variation of that?

you do realize that chaoticshelly, the person you quoted, IS a moderator.
  • fenrina
    fenrina Posts: 336
    edited February 2011
    There seems to be a way to get exp out of GT without being able to do it. My suggestion would be to look into that.

I doubt we could get anytime access to GT.
  • gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    leokhn09 wrote: »
    i am bagging you PWE

bagging, yes?

OIcwutudidthar.
    [Add smth cool here]
  • superbigfatpanda
    edited February 2011
    darkseed wrote: »
    you do realize that chaoticshelly, the person you quoted, IS a moderator.

that's why i said a moderator telling us something OTHER than too bad and go away. Dumbass.
  • darkseed
    edited February 2011
    that's why i said a moderator telling us something OTHER than too bad and go away. Dumbass.

Just cause the answer isnt what you wanted to hear, doesnt mean its going to change... Dumbass.
  • ursumtl
    ursumtl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011

I really, really don't see the point of having a 1/day instance timed. Really.
    I mean, please, tell me what is the point of it?
    I understand, CB and OB phases might have the reasoning of limited playerbase so to give everyone a good chance to get a squad they try to make everyone be online around the same time.
    Really, I don't want to spend my evenings between 19:30 and 22:00 trying to get a squad for Gods Trial. For fk's sake , I have a friggin life, family and other things to do in the evening. I'm not living in my mother's basement to not care about events timing ingame, I'm actually paying the mortgage on a house that has a basement, lol.:p
  • superbigfatpanda
    edited February 2011
    darkseed wrote: »
    Just cause the answer isnt what you wanted to hear, doesnt mean its going to change... Dumbass.

I didn't want it to change, I just want the moderator to do a little bit more than what she wrote on the first page....Dumbass.
  • km6094024
    km6094024 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I often miss GT's and NC aswell and I live in Europe. It's for me or around my dinner time or it's way too late at night. I am not planning to move to EU server in OB just cuz of GT- and NC time, but will keep on playing US server. I just gotta live with leveling much slower than others I guess and I hope my guild won't get mad at me for that :)
  • athenafey
    athenafey Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i agree with adding more time slots making it 4x a day is much better. My gaming time is erratic so this would be best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sweetcc
    sweetcc Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Times are terrible for me to, but i disagree with having it as a 24/7 instance. As people said in other threads like this, it would make getting a squad hard. Instead id prefer that they added two one hour GT times between 12am-10am server time or something, with four opening times it should cater to everyone given that there will be a few servers with different times, and those people who are capable of doing GT at the current times shouldnt notice a difference in attenance during their time.

Ppl said the same when events from boi, that were available jsut twice a day for a couple hours just like GT here, were changed to 24/7, and it really wasnt any harder, at least not for me, most ppl would still do it at the time that was before they changed it, the others grouped together and did it whenever they could, and im sure this game is going to have A LOT more playes than boi.
This discussion has been closed.