Bound Items!?!

wraithwolf
wraithwolf Posts: 7 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Ok so this makes no sense to me what so ever......why would you make every single equipment or pet in the game bound to the character. I for one am the type if i get something that drops im gonna try it on to see what it looks like to see if i want it or not. With this sytem once u do that you cant sell it in the ah anymore.....that just is......i cant even think of words to say to this concept!!
Post edited by wraithwolf on

Comments

• amradio
    amradio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    wraithwolf wrote: »
    Ok so this makes no sense to me what so ever......why would you make every single equipment or pet in the game bound to the character. I for one am the type if i get something that drops im gonna try it on to see what it looks like to see if i want it or not. With this sytem once u do that you cant sell it in the ah anymore.....that just is......i cant even think of words to say to this concept!!

To be honest what you just said makes no sense to me. Why would you try something on if you didnt need it in the first place? Only equip items that are better than what you're currently wearing. If it doesn't have better stats, why in gods name would you equip it. Unless you're one of those players who wears outdated gear just because it looks cooler, I dont see the point.
  • slifer445
    slifer445 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    amradio wrote: »
    To be honest what you just said makes no sense to me. Why would you try something on if you didnt need it in the first place? Only equip items that are better than what you're currently wearing. If it doesn't have better stats, why in gods name would you equip it. Unless you're one of those players who wears outdated gear just because it looks cooler, I dont see the point.

it still should be some kind of item to unbound items, for example, ive got a lvl20 blue wep that i previously used and want to sell it. Well i cant, because its bound -.- you gotta think about this too, that ppl maybe want to be able to sell their previously used gear
  • azhdeen
    azhdeen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    who the hell would buy it though, we all get the same gear lol..... in fact i think unidentified atributes are the same too. it's not random like on PW..... my friend and i both started elf wars at the same time and got the same Def +2 on our first swords.
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    wtf are you serious, no1 would buy it? All have the same equipment? What game are you playing? oO

Everything is random in a piece of equipment, except the set bonuses for set pieces... but for normal equip everything has random range. lol
  • zarovzky
    zarovzky Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    octarone wrote: »
    wtf are you serious, no1 would buy it? All have the same equipment? What game are you playing? oO

Everything is random in a piece of equipment, except the set bonuses for set pieces... but for normal equip everything has random range. lol

Man, just let him have more experience in mmorpgs and he will understand what u mean, id give u +1 because i also want to sell gear... what if i have an socketed weapon with gems and i want to sell it ? i cant because its bound and that a ... most mmorpgs have items or quests to unbind items but well this is stil beta ... maybe they add it later who knows, if the customers like that option why not to be implemented to have more customers? :P
  • ursumtl
    ursumtl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    +1 to OP. Although what you want to say is not crystal clear, I understand where you're coming from.

From what I see now, after a few days of playing and a bit of gear farming is that having Bound gear is actually just looking stupid, but it might not be like that.

True, if you have a socketed weapon/piece of gear you can extract the gem and use it on another piece of gear, but ... and here comes a big BUT: Server is alive for a few days only, and ppl socketed/refined gear already. Let's say devs make blue gear unbound (green is **** anyway compared to blue). In a few months there will be sooo much socketed/refined gear for low lvl that everyone will stop farming it and just go and buy it a dump prices from AH. To have blue gear for your lvl widely available is actually pretty much OP in PvE. Green is ok already to do your job decently, Blue with all stats identified , refined and socketed it's just...well...OP.
    I'm tired and bored of running PvE instances for profit/XP with OP gear. PWI has enough of that, I hope this game doesn't turn into that sh|t, well, not soon anyway.

At low lvl , (I'm 29/30 now) I don't see the reason for having unbound gear. If the higher lvl instances have the same drop rates as EC , although I don't necesarily like it, I can see the devs point in having a bound system.

We all wanted (well, the old-timers from PWI) a better system for gear than that incredibly **** TT crafting system and drops. We have that now. I like the drop/farm system and I guess having bind items is the downside of the FW one. I know, I know, a lot of ppl would like to play the market and make some profit out of that gear. Well, profit and cash is kinda' made at late lvls in pretty much any MMO i played. Making money at lvl 40-50 I don't think it can be compared with making money at 80.

Instances drop gear at a very good rate even at the population count of close beta without too much hustle. Pots can be crafter, both MP and HP without incredible costs associated with them. So , as a player you have good gear, you're self sufficient...well, what else do you want? get up in level, get close to endgame and farm stuff that can make you rich.
  • em0rage
    em0rage Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    some people thinks that if your armors looks cool enough... thats all what you need to pwn people.....LMAO!

in the other hand, some1 that actually like to pwn people, don't give a flying **** about looking...only stats :P
  • wraithwolf
    edited February 2011
    em0rage wrote: »
    some people thinks that if your armors looks cool enough... thats all what you need to pwn people.....LMAO!

in the other hand, some1 that actually like to pwn people, don't give a flying **** about looking...only stats :P

Well i do not pvp never have never will cant stand it...if i wanted to play a pvp game i'd go play battefield or halo or some game like that. Now as for gear, if i have a choice between a couple different kinds of gear i will choose what looks cool over something that is ugly with better base stats, base stats can always be made up for with enchanting. But with stuff being bound as soon as you equip it, it makes it very diffacult to see what something looks like on your character to decide if you want it or not.
  • bryanfury83
    bryanfury83 Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well i do not pvp never have never will cant stand it...if i wanted to play a pvp game i'd go play battefield or halo or some game like that.
    These games are FPS games, not PvP games... PvP is an acronym coming from MMORPG games (F2P or P2P no matter)...
  • wraithwolf
    edited February 2011
    These games are FPS games, not PvP games... PvP is an acronym coming from MMORPG games (F2P or P2P no matter)...

its still you (player) vs someone else another (player) so yea its a fps but its still a pvp game
  • bryanfury83
    bryanfury83 Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    its still you (player) vs someone else another (player) so yea its a fps but its still a pvp game
    Yes but the PvP acronym is from MMORPG, the FPs does use a different kind of acronyms, like Deathmatch and TvT alias Team Deathmatch. You just wrong using the acronyms
  • elvenseer
    elvenseer Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I have a better idea - why not have a preview window for checking out gear in our backpacks or that someone links in chat? That way we can see what it looks like without having to change the gear from "bind on equip".

Personally, if someone links a piece of gear in the chat (world, zone, w/e) I like to see what it looks like in addition to what stats it has. I mean, who doesn't like to look at pics of high-lvl gear?
    ~ElvenSeer~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud Mage DPSer since 2006

~Storm~
    Faeriefire - Human - Mage
    Deepshadows - Human - Assassin
    Maggs - Dwarf - Marksman

Member of Paradise
  • darkseed
    darkseed Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Yes but the PvP acronym is from MMORPG, the FPs does use a different kind of acronyms, like Deathmatch and TvT alias Team Deathmatch. You just wrong using the acronyms

PvP isnt from MMORPGs. FPS games are PvP games. So are RTS games. In fact they're the real PvP games where levelling and gear doesnt make you own, it has to be skill and no-lag based. In fact most ppl consider PvP in MMORPGs to be bleh, and by no means an attestment to real PvP games.
  • theandreweulogy
    theandreweulogy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I believe the game makes certain items bound, so that a person doesn't trade all the items they earn with one account to another they've made. If there weren't any bound items, then a person could make one hell of a character.

I mean think about it. You get all these bound items from the chest every five lvls, you get special items for doing quests, and even get some nice gears through quests. Most people even refine those gears to make them better. Then you get bored of your character or you just want to make a new one, so you trade all your amazing gear and special items to your newbie character and become some kind of super person from the start.

I think the bound system is fine the way it is to stop people from doing things like this.
  • bryann380
    bryann380 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    why would you make every single equipment or pet in the game bound to the characte

Because that's how the devs wanted it. Their game, their rules, their way of playing it.
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I believe the game makes certain items bound, so that a person doesn't trade all the items they earn with one account to another they've made. If there weren't any bound items, then a person could make one hell of a character.

I mean think about it. You get all these bound items from the chest every five lvls, you get special items for doing quests, and even get some nice gears through quests. Most people even refine those gears to make them better. Then you get bored of your character or you just want to make a new one, so you trade all your amazing gear and special items to your newbie character and become some kind of super person from the start.

I think the bound system is fine the way it is to stop people from doing things like this.
    No man, we are talking about binding WHEN YOU EQUIP an unbound piece of equipment. It binds when you equip it, even if it was unbound.
  • em0rage
    edited February 2011
    if find cool to have all my gear bound, because in that way i wont drop it if i go and pk some poeple ;]
  • zbzkda
    zbzkda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It has always been in the nature of man to question the nature of the world.
    I seriously wonder: people who don't RPK, if you play the board game "Sorry!" and you roll the dice so that you land on an opponents piece and send it back to the beginning, do you sincerely apologize and ask everyone if you can have a do-over roll so you can give your victim another chance? It's a god damn game..

--LongKnife
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Theyd be able to choose what items can and cant be unbound when they implement a unbinding scroll.
    And gear is class restricted, so why would you be unbinding your gear, to give it to a alt of the same class . . .

Personally i dont think gear needs to be unbindable though, the fact gems can be removed is enough for me. I dont think pets need to be unbindable either, most people will get a good base pet, upgrade it heaps and keep it forever anyway.
    I just think cash shop items, like fashion and mounts should be unbindable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • wraithwolf
    edited March 2011
    zbzkda wrote: »
    People like you annoy me. FW IS is PvP game: if you look at the game features, PvP is one of them, and there are whole subfunctions specifically geared towards PvP gaming, like soul orbs and wrath. They wouldn't have put them there if they didn't intend for people to be able to use the PvP features of the game.

Please, for the love of all that is sane and logical, do NOT create a character on a PvP server if you're going to try to hoist your morals on me for killing you. It's not mean, bad or evil and YES, I am killing you to loot your items, and YES I do enjoy seeing you die, and YES I do feel amazing and strong and accomplished to know that my hard work on my char has made it better than yours, and NO I don't care if you think that makes me pathetic, and NO I don't care if you think I should "go find something else to do", because YES, I ABSOLUTELY DO find seeing you die to be FAR more interesting.

Kthxbai, go to your corner and QQ moar.
    and that is why i went to a PVE server so why dont you go rage in someone elses thread instead of trolling mine...
  • em0rage
    edited March 2011
    this thread is full of win....ROLF
This discussion has been closed.