More in depth character creation

draynoair221
draynoair221 Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Suggestion Box
Hello, i have not got my beta key and i am not sure about people who have bring this up before but i think that Forsaken World could really use a more in depth character creation like the first game they did. I mean the very unique thing about PWE is that they have one of the best character creation system for one of the game and i wonder why not they put it to their other game.
Post edited by draynoair221 on
Ukelele(F/barb) Miseree(F/Vamp)xRein(F/Priest)xCloud(F/Marksman)BlackNaux(M/Warrior)
Negelected by PWE and is still praying to get in. Had my key since they announce they game with BOI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• thivus
    thivus Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    why not they put it to their other game.

Because,

They want each game to be different from the others?

Although I do agree customization is always nice, bonus customization will likely be thrown into the Cash shop to earn some money
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    race/Class:Kindred Vampire | Stoneman protector
    Ingame name:MercuryLaumpe | Thivus
  • sesheenku
    sesheenku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    thivus wrote: »
    Because,

They want each game to be different from the others?

Although I do agree customization is always nice, bonus customization will likely be thrown into the Cash shop to earn some money

There always is ;D. All I have to say is as long as the hair and faces don't look stupid it's all good. Or at least that's the minimum I'd ask from them.
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15047437000&dateline=1290559725[/SIGPIC]
    Made by me ;D

-> I'm no longer in that guild but I'm a bit lazy to change my sig which I made anyways.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    if they applied pwi's custimization to everyone of there games then it would be one of the companies trade marks which i seriously think everyone one of there games needs pwi's custimization if it hasent been done yet
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • bryanfury83
    bryanfury83 Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    No. It has been discussed many times.
    Increase the customization mean a lot of lag like hell.

Each client do HAVE TO load EVERY single char customizations.

Make them limited mean less lag in the wrost populated situations.

PWI does may have a good char customization engine but does fail hard on the game because it does have a lag as hell.

Add that more the customizations more are the fashon items (that i basically like but... i do play to "play the game and it's fetuares" not to shown the others how i wear fashon items..) more will be the lag, loading time and so on.

You can suggest to give more hair styles, more tatoos or add scars but edit more the char mean all the above situations i said
  • sesheenku
    edited November 2010

PWI does may have a good char customization engine but does fail hard on the game because it does have a lag as hell.

Add that more the customizations more are the fashon items (that i basically like but... i do play to "play the game and it's fetuares" not to shown the others how i wear fashon items..) more will be the lag, loading time and so on.

You can suggest to give more hair styles, more tatoos or add scars but edit more the char mean all the above situations i said

That's not necessarily true, size in particular is the one that cases actual problems most customizations are just different textures. In any case if the models quality is similar or lower there isn't gonna be lag -.-

Go make a mod or something and maybe you'll get it, if different size models of the same quality caused problems then stonemen and the dwarfs and the rest of the classes wold already cause severe lag. Loading textures are usually done quite quickly. Shaders and effects are what cause LONG waits.

Your argument is mislead sir. Now allow me to introduce you to my dear cat

21blszs.jpg

Don't waste your time getting angry either it only entertains me.
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15047437000&dateline=1290559725[/SIGPIC]
    Made by me ;D

-> I'm no longer in that guild but I'm a bit lazy to change my sig which I made anyways.
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010

FAIL!

Even in PWI you can turn off customizations.

If you don't like em, and don't want the "lag" they make, turn them off. Simple.
  • sesheenku
    edited November 2010
    Fail warriors have shown up. They fail just by appearing.

Is that supposed to be your argument? What a waste of a post.
    Made by me ;D

• nipcat
    nipcat Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    At least, adding maybe 3 haircuts/face/make up per race will be a good thing.

I don't like massive customisation like aion or Perfect world cause it leads to some weird results and some lag.

But adding 3 haircuts/face/make up more per race could be great ! :p
  • oro6666
    oro6666 Posts: 4
    edited November 2010
    the customization is not realy the problem for lag...
    look at games like champions online or city of heroes/villains...
    i played them and i had no lag... and the customization is good as pwi... when not even better
  • heroicfish
    heroicfish Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I agree with adding all the customization. That was a great part of PWI, being able to make your character look or be whatever you wanted it to, and always having the option to completely change it later on. HONESTLY, since this is still a cash shop game, makeover scrolls had to have made them a ton of money. I know a few friends that would get a makeover over the stupidest things, like their arms were too thick in comparison to their legs..or the tint of their eye shadow that they thought made them look cool really only made them look absurd.. then a week later they'd completely change their look again, and then refine it a day later. It had to have been one of the biggest money makers. I also loved how you could make your character look like whatever you wanted it to. On Lost City I saw someone that looked like a frog, someone that looked like Shrek, and many many more.. a few people that were obese and squishy.. It's a great feature of the game, and should be added as a trade mark IMO. Forsaken World is already different enough from PWI, so adding great customization, which most everyone loves about PWI, would only add to the enjoyment. I mean the only reason I even found PWI was because my friend saw a video of the customization and decided we should check it out..

I also like someone else's idea of adding facial features. We move our hands and bodies around if we're afk or standing for too long.. so why don't we blink or smile?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

The sensation was scissors and too much to scream,
    so instead I just started to laugh.
  • ahthurungnone
    ahthurungnone Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Amen, characters are too vanilla. PW had better options for character creation.
  • jacobite
    jacobite Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010

No. It's not going to create any more lag.

Next time you open your mouth, you might want to read a little bit about the subject in-hand.
    sesheenku wrote: »
    That's not necessarily true, size in particular is the one that cases actual problems most customizations are just different textures. In any case if the models quality is similar or lower there isn't gonna be lag -.-
    You got it about half right.

Go make a mod or something and maybe you'll get it, if different size models of the same quality caused problems then stonemen and the dwarfs and the rest of the classes wold already cause severe lag. Loading textures are usually done quite quickly. Shaders and effects are what cause LONG waits.
    This one is correct. :)
  • richardlafferty
    richardlafferty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I like lag. It reminds me of the old days, when I had to play turn-based RPGs that I had to load off of floppy discs.
    PW has an insane amount of personalization options. It's easy to have fewer options than that and still have more options than FW supposedly has.
    It's still CB, who knows what kinds of changes will happen during the next year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amberdoll6six6
    amberdoll6six6 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I've played perfect world for a while now, I have been browsing for a second game to play- And since playing perfect world a lot of the other free mmorpgs really lack in graphics and character creations.

It seems that there is a standard "body size/style" as well, A little more choice on that would be great. Im sure these updates are possible to add at a later time? or add extra things you can get to change your appearance.

With new additions to perfect-world like the expansion genesis maybe they can still add things. This game is still on the beta right? Are changes made once the beta testing is over?
  • moonsmasher
    moonsmasher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    when I played pw (not very long, heh), I actually thought most of the chars I saw were kinda ugly x_x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ムーンスマシャー
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Bryan was right actually people, the more customisation available, the more server lag people will get.

Also the reason PWI had such good customisation, while FW is more standard, is because PWE got sued for the PWI character engine, and making their own character engine to that level for FW would take a lot of time and rescources, and it isnt necessary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
This discussion has been closed.