Leveling speed limit

razgrim
razgrim Posts: 100 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
I hate to say it, but I feel held back, I've hit a small wall in my leveling and I'm concerned that it might happen again. So here's the story. Got my protector to lvl 31 after doing all the chain quests I could for that level, and I need to be lvl 33 to continue that chain. As I'm seeing it, the only effective way to make up that exp is dailies, and a round of 10x life in the harbor and the gods trial only gives maybe 2/3 a level. I know there are other dailies available, but they don't seem worth much time or effort for the tiny reward they give. Do I really need to rely so heavily on dailies for my exp? It feels like a barrier, because I've outplayed the quests the game can provide me in a day. Or am I missing something really important? Have I just hit one bad spot, and the rest will be more than well covered by story quests? Don't tell me to go grind, because there's no way that can provide any experience of substance.

Noting back to the title of this article, because of the lack of "main quests" and other non-dailies provided (or the experience they provide) it seems like I've hit a leveling speed limit, that's restricted by the experience provided by dailies, since main quest rewards don't nearly add up to enough.
Post edited by razgrim on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Art by Linux.
I give or take life. Your pick.

Comments

• xephona
    xephona Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Creekbank, tavern quests, usually one high xp quest a day in addition to GT, cooking/alch tutorial, training time while idling at night, perfume quest, reputation trade quest (hidden quest next to the stupid socialite guy near henry). All of those are just the quick and simple basic ones that are in FH. No reason why you shouldn't get a level a day from just those.
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=76401
  • razgrim
    razgrim Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    xephona wrote: »
    Creekbank, tavern quests, usually one high xp quest a day in addition to GT, cooking/alch tutorial, training time while idling at night, perfume quest, reputation trade quest (hidden quest next to the stupid socialite guy near henry). All of those are just the quick and simple basic ones that are in FH. No reason why you shouldn't get a level a day from just those.

Yes, I do the lucky dailies too. I've seen the other ones but those are included in the "lump of seemingly time hungry and unrewarding other dailies". I'll try some of them out, but done them here and there before and they don't seem to go anywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Linux.
    I give or take life. Your pick.
  • fenrina
    fenrina Posts: 336
    edited February 2011
    "Leveling speed limit" is kinda accurate. It gets worse at 4x. :/

I haven't found any sort of big non-daily quest to make up exp. Even the main quests from Lv43 provide less exp than 1 round of GT.

Edit:
    The smaller quests do provide alot of exp, but it's still doing dailies over and over again.
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    People these days want to level so easily and fast lol

Leveling is supposed to be a bit of a challenge, meaning not everyone and their mother to hit cap in a few weeks, when playing only few hours a day. But meh people now are very lazy and want games easy, even fighting difficulty is way lower to what was made years ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I've been complaining about this for maybe a month @ that. Really lacks story based leveling aka western these days. Still has roots in the asian grindfests (well GT/dailyfest, w/e) *sigh*.

Why won't they ever learn no one likes to level slowly by repeating the same stuff day after day. Can't even know how this brings them cash @ at all either. :rolleyes:

@Shyren: there's nothing hard about repeating same easy **** over and over wasting your life. Most big games have the grind @ level cap now... not before it.
  • xdarksolx
    xdarksolx Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I was just coming to make this thread.

It's not that I want to necessarily level uber-fast and skip all the story, but damn. It took me 6 hours to go from 29-30 just doing quests. It feels too much like they're restricting us to just levelling via dailies.

If it's that you want people to do the story quests, make it worth their time and scale the XP accurately to their level. I suspect that it's more that they intend for us to farm and then refine multiple sets of gear rather than rush to endgame and farm/refine ONE set of gear like in PWI.

Either way, it would be nice if you removed dependence on daily quests to progress in the game level wise. I'm trying to catch up to a friend who's been playing since CB3 and as it is now I'm fairly sure that's impossible.
  • fenrina
    fenrina Posts: 336
    edited February 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    Leveling is supposed to be a bit of a challenge, meaning not everyone and their mother to hit cap in a few weeks, when playing only few hours a day.

I agree in premise, Shy. But when a relatively short daily is more effective than the main quest line, there's something amiss.
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    fenrina wrote: »
    I agree in premise, Shy. But when a relatively short daily is more effective than the main quest line, there's something amiss.
    Yeah main and sub quests definitely need to give more exp and they are too few feels like it's lacking content right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monimad
    monimad Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    razgrim wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but I feel held back, I've hit a small wall in my leveling and I'm concerned that it might happen again. So here's the story. Got my protector to lvl 31 after doing all the chain quests I could for that level, and I need to be lvl 33 to continue that chain. As I'm seeing it, the only effective way to make up that exp is dailies, and a round of 10x life in the harbor and the gods trial only gives maybe 2/3 a level. I know there are other dailies available, but they don't seem worth much time or effort for the tiny reward they give. Do I really need to rely so heavily on dailies for my exp? It feels like a barrier, because I've outplayed the quests the game can provide me in a day. Or am I missing something really important? Have I just hit one bad spot, and the rest will be more than well covered by story quests? Don't tell me to go grind, because there's no way that can provide any experience of substance.

Noting back to the title of this article, because of the lack of "main quests" and other non-dailies provided (or the experience they provide) it seems like I've hit a leveling speed limit, that's restricted by the experience provided by dailies, since main quest rewards don't nearly add up to enough.

Go do adventurer scrolls , those are the "grinding" part of the game . You can buy them from Flyn (i may have spelled the name incorrectly) , hes the guy near the teleporter stone in Towerpush

I think you need 30 silver or something like that for 8 scrolls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 鹦鹉
    CB Phase 2 Skill Contest Winner
    Beware of the "Phoenix Call"
This discussion has been closed.