Assassin & pet

negativities
negativities Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Suggestion Box
Hello, yes I'm unsure of this thread, the idea probably has been already being suggested. But I might as well try again.

So whenever assassins go stealth, their pets are still seen, it's such a disadvantage for them. Honestly... if their pets are seen and a pker(s), such as a vampire and their friend comes across the assassin and uses Feast against them, then get ganked, bam they drop dead.

My point is, make the pet go stealth along with the assassin themselves, or a pet that can go stealth along with them. Because; as stated before, pets play a huge role in the game.
Post edited by negativities on

Comments

• saiaeal
    saiaeal Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    While I don't play an assassin, I think this is a good point. Expanding on this idea, I think that it would be nice to have obtainable pets that compliment a classes abilities. :)
  • xephona
    xephona Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    1.) Assassins are useless
    2.) All skills that "counter" the assassins stealth (like hunters mark), don't function as usual, so why the hell should you get another advantage
    3.) Recall your dumb pet
    4.) Think realistically here, if you were a ninja, trying to hide and stalk your prey.... would you have a giant ****ing dragon (or whatever pet you use) clomping around like an elephant letting people know where you were? No... you would go solo.

and finally

5.) Recall your dumb pet.
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=76401
  • yocoi1
    yocoi1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Obviously you don't know anything about the abilities of a sin, only the fact that pets are visible while you hide yourself and all the aoe's destroy your stealth. In my opinion it's a bitter bug for sins, but they'll learn to handle it as well and they will get to know how to use it as a good thing (at least theyre trying to make the best out of this situation). Well, ever played a sin? I guess not. It's sad that there are so many sins who can't play their chars well, but a few do, they'll knock you down easily with or without stealth - it doesn't matter at all, because you will have no time to react and die, before you could do anything against it.

And of course, a sin is a solo player but in the time it's a supporter within a group (or guild).

So, I'm sorry for my grammar mistakes. I'm from Germany and do not speak/write english all the time. Our country just started with the German vision of FW and I was just looking around if there are usefully informations about sins.
  • Saranyth - Lionheart
    Saranyth - Lionheart Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yocoi1 wrote: »
    Obviously you don't know anything about the abilities of a sin, only the fact that pets are visible while you hide yourself and all the aoe's destroy your stealth. In my opinion it's a bitter bug for sins, but they'll learn to handle it as well and they will get to know how to use it as a good thing (at least theyre trying to make the best out of this situation). Well, ever played a sin? I guess not. It's sad that there are so many sins who can't play their chars well, but a few do, they'll knock you down easily with or without stealth - it doesn't matter at all, because you will have no time to react and die, before you could do anything against it.

And of course, a sin is a solo player but in the time it's a supporter within a group (or guild).

So, I'm sorry for my grammar mistakes. I'm from Germany and do not speak/write english all the time. Our country just started with the German vision of FW and I was just looking around if there are usefully informations about sins.

Kudos to you. I <333 you soo much for this.
    xephona wrote: »
    1.) Assassins are useless
    2.) All skills that "counter" the assassins stealth (like hunters mark), don't function as usual, so why the hell should you get another advantage
    3.) Recall your dumb pet
    4.) Think realistically here, if you were a ninja, trying to hide and stalk your prey.... would you have a giant ****ing dragon (or whatever pet you use) clomping around like an elephant letting people know where you were? No... you would go solo.

and finally

5.) Recall your dumb pet.

lol...you mad bro? This guy must get beaten up by sins on a daily basis...poor guy, I almost feel for you.

Honestly the only time I see the stealth pet working is in World PvP. Since most duels can be regulated to not include pets. But yes, I feel that its only fair with every other class ganking players with pets, that Sins get the fair advantage of being able to stealth either with their pet, or teach their pet a stealth ability.
  • kirbys28
    kirbys28 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I don't need a pet to duel
  • Neglect - Eyrda
    Neglect - Eyrda Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol sin stealth is rely useless, just hit T then nearby player, targets them in stealth.
  • Fro_Zen - Eyrda
    Fro_Zen - Eyrda Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol sin stealth is rely useless, just hit T then nearby player, targets them in stealth.

Well that problem should be addressed to as soon as possible.
  • Saranyth - Lionheart
    Saranyth - Lionheart Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2011

so again, they fail at making a decent sin class...without it, we're basically warrior's with 2 weapons, and faster hits.
    Well that problem should be addressed to as soon as possible.

I won't be PvPing until they do. So its w/e, but it would really make the game more entertaining for me, since its my favorite class.

The idea behind the Assassin class is not to fight fair. Its to play dirty and kill characters by getting the jump on them. I'll never defend the Assassin class as a fair, and honorable method of PvPing. Its suppose to be sneaky, and somewhat of a cookie cutter class, that's just what Assassin's are.

To play one, you'd have to rely on timing, and tactics, making sure moves hit right, and the conditions to the attack are perfect. In fact, the class is VERY difficult to master (if designed correctly).

Often you find assassins are made fun of and ridiculed as cheap, OP, fail classes, etc...but honestly, if you can take those comments, glance them over, nod, smirk at their attempt to make you feel sorry for their instant death, before bursting them down and running away...then you my friend, are a true assassin.

Again I'll say its all how the class is made, glitchy stealth, pets following where you go in stealth, and easy stealth breaks does in fact make stealth useless - but then all you've got is a warrior with different styles of combat...

I feel it should be more reliant on stealth.