Farewell Forsaken World, back to Xbox360 =/

tranqwillizer
tranqwillizer Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
Well, I has going to exclusively play this game because it had so much potential but after I got my 2nd toon to level 22, I came to a sudden halt. Free 2 Play means Pay for Power as well.

The fact that you have to pay real money for items in the game to do well and get a guild isn't what I was hoping for. This game will end up just like Runescape; fun for the first hour, but then boring when your stuck doing the same thing over and over while people who pay will get better items, shops, etc.

Im not bashing this game, because I really do hope it does well, but for all you people like me, just remember that its not all free, so if you dont want to pay, you might as well save you the time and effort and go back to WoW, Xbox, Ps3, or any other game where you know that you will be getting ALL the content it has to offer without any sort of edge. Good luck FW players..
Post edited by tranqwillizer on

Comments

  • gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Nothing in Life is Free

    Also, post 69. Time to stop posting and go lurkin'.
    [Add smth cool here]
  • masaki777
    masaki777 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I find your post funny, tranqwillizer. You claim that on WoW you can get all the content without some sort of edge. WoW costs 15 dollars a month, on top of that in order to be top dog you need all the games...So lets see, 30+30+40+50=150 dollars for the first month, thusly 255 dollars for the first year. Then 120 dollars for the following years. Not only that but you have to sink in your time. To get from 1 to 85 is going to take you a few months if you no life...if you're a casual player, might as well hang it up. Next, you have to spend countless hours raiding for the top gear. Say goodbye to your social life if you even had one to start. NOW lets compare it to PWE's "pay to win" games...

    Free to play, thusly no monthly fee. You can play the game at no cost to you. Thusly you can stop whenever you like and play as long as you like. Big plus for casual players or tight spots for the day. Take that 255 for the first year of WoW and place it into the cash shop. Once you reached a high lvl say in Perfect World, 100. You can buy rank 8 for 75 dollars. That leaves you with 180 dollars. Now say you want to refine it a bit for PVP. Well you still have that 180 dollars, that could get you +6 per gear if not +7. Now you're ready for PVP and PVE. The only time you sunk into it was the leveling, now you're free to enjoy the high lvl things.

    Now you can't tell me theres no edge in WoW. Those who spend 18+ hours a day on the game, have a better chance of being top dog. Here, you're free to play...free to take your time and don't have to pay a dime if you don't want to. Just because you can't make in game coin doesn't mean you have to blame cash shoppers. I don't spend money unless its on fashion and guess what? I can take anybody 20+ lvls higher than me on PWI. So if you wanna leave, because of the "edge" to cash shoppers, so be it. But at least get your facts straight =D have a nice life. And FYI....RS is always fun if you know how to play it.
  • cchenchencc
    cchenchencc Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Man..was it the 40 cap when CS was implemented? I forgot. But the game has been pretty much the same since phase one, before the cap even came. Items in CS aren't even game breaking. Yeah you could say that a CS (swearword) could go and buy star crystals, but the difference between +6 and +9 I found isn't even that huge. +12 makes a difference, but it's gonna cost some moolah for the average cash shopper as the refine rate is significantly lower. Dude, you quit before you even played.
  • boozin
    boozin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Dude, you quit before you even played.

    Seeing alot of this going on. People complaining and/or leaving over the smallest things which in the big picture mean nothing.

    Oh well, their loss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • roxmahsox
    roxmahsox Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    masaki777 couldn't have said it better and to add to that... If it wasn't for the cashshop and the cashshoppers the game would go bankrupt and close down. That's where their money comes from since it is a free to play game. Also an xbox 360 costs @ 199.99-299.99 without kinect and the new games for it cost @ 59.99. A Ps3 costs @ 299.99-349.99 and the new games for it cost @ 59.99. I was also going to make the same point about WoW as masaki777, it's certainly not free to play. Fw is free to play, you don't have to cashshop to level and play, you just have to play a little harder than cashoppers, and if you don't want to play the game then why even bother downloading it.
  • bryanfury83
    bryanfury83 Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well, I has going to exclusively play this game because it had so much potential but after I got my 2nd toon to level 22, I came to a sudden halt. Free 2 Play means Pay for Power as well.

    The fact that you have to pay real money for items in the game to do well and get a guild isn't what I was hoping for. This game will end up just like Runescape; fun for the first hour, but then boring when your stuck doing the same thing over and over while people who pay will get better items, shops, etc.

    Im not bashing this game, because I really do hope it does well, but for all you people like me, just remember that its not all free, so if you dont want to pay, you might as well save you the time and effort and go back to WoW, Xbox, Ps3, or any other game where you know that you will be getting ALL the content it has to offer without any sort of edge. Good luck FW players..
    WoW does cost a lot of money, Xbox and any other **** consolle does cost a lot (10x way more than a F2P game.... 500$ the consolle+70$ each game+40$ each joypad+a lot of more money for more things)
    that message from you is pretty LOL. No one force you to pay here.
  • altasa
    altasa Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Lol @ comparing Wow with Forsaken World.

    @masaki 77
    Have u ever played Wow, m8? Or u just copy/paste from internet? ROFL!
  • masaki777
    masaki777 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Yes Altasa, I've played WoW for two years before it got bad. I still keep up with it, hoping for it to get better but it doesn't. So I know what I'm talking about. And what do you mean by copy and paste from the internet? That is all from my head o.O
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    masaki777 wrote: »
    I find your post funny, tranqwillizer. You claim that on WoW you can get all the content without some sort of edge. WoW costs 15 dollars a month, on top of that in order to be top dog you need all the games...So lets see, 30+30+40+50=150 dollars for the first month, thusly 255 dollars for the first year. Then 120 dollars for the following years. Not only that but you have to sink in your time. To get from 1 to 85 is going to take you a few months if you no life...if you're a casual player, might as well hang it up. Next, you have to spend countless hours raiding for the top gear. Say goodbye to your social life if you even had one to start. NOW lets compare it to PWE's "pay to win" games...

    You know you've been quite contradicting there eh?
    WoW totally eliminated the grind, you can level up in two weeks...
    So let's see, there is something called a warchest and you will get all the expansions, except Cataclysm for cheaper price. For 15$ to 20$, in which you have Vanilla, TBC and WotLK+ Cataclysm in which you will spend 33$ and you have 1 month free, all you have to do is pay 15$ a month.
    Also, the maximum raid time in WoW is 4 to 5 hours, so don't lie.
    At least when you play WoW you know that you are playing a quality game and not a non-quality game(don't speak about FW, but in general for all F2P games) in which you will not get any update or class balance and bug fixes. Also Blizzard know how to listen to their players.
    And good luck with this game when it will force you to spend money on cash shop items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • boozin
    boozin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Funny... thought this was the Forsaken World forums, not the "lets compare every mmo to WoW" forums.

    Must have taken a wrong turn somewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • outlawarcher
    outlawarcher Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    to compere f2p to p2p game is silly. and IF FW turns out to be a "pay for power game, so what? no one is point a gun to your head and demanding you use zen. in any event if FW follows the pay for power path, then it won't happen right away, it took like what a year before the super items poped up in PWI?
  • altasa
    altasa Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    masaki777 wrote: »
    Yes Altasa, I've played WoW for two years before it got bad. I still keep up with it, hoping for it to get better but it doesn't. So I know what I'm talking about. And what do you mean by copy and paste from the internet? That is all from my head o.O

    Seems that u failed in wow so badly...
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well, I has going to exclusively play this game because it had so much potential but after I got my 2nd toon to level 22, I came to a sudden halt. Free 2 Play means Pay for Power as well.

    The fact that you have to pay real money for items in the game to do well and get a guild isn't what I was hoping for. This game will end up just like Runescape; fun for the first hour, but then boring when your stuck doing the same thing over and over while people who pay will get better items, shops, etc.

    Im not bashing this game, because I really do hope it does well, but for all you people like me, just remember that its not all free, so if you dont want to pay, you might as well save you the time and effort and go back to WoW, Xbox, Ps3, or any other game where you know that you will be getting ALL the content it has to offer without any sort of edge. Good luck FW players..

    Feel the same way, kinda sorta, nah maybe not. I didn't get bored/tire of this game b/c of the so call pay to win concept. I got bored of the repetition, I know all mmo tend to have repetition in and I shouldn't expect any different from FW. Lately MMORPGs really haven't been keep my attention. Short attention span XD

    I like rift but i'm not paying for it, thats money I could be opps will be putting into my bank account. Never played wow doubt I ever will, played runescape cancel my membership and gave my character away it was 72. Think I will stick 360, it still bring me some joy.

    Hey did anyone see the new TES5 trailer, That game going to be the ****

    If your quitting bc of this "edge" you might was to try fw again
  • masaki777
    masaki777 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    altasa wrote: »
    Seems that u failed in wow so badly...

    No I was one of the best on my server in battlegrounds, but we're talking about when it first came out. Secondly I agree with outlawarcher, lets please not compare F2P games to P2P I mainly put my post because he was comparing it so I had to explain.
  • spel
    spel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    masaki777 wrote: »
    I find your post funny, tranqwillizer. You claim that on WoW you can get all the content without some sort of edge. WoW costs 15 dollars a month, on top of that in order to be top dog you need all the games...So lets see, 30+30+40+50=150 dollars for the first month, thusly 255 dollars for the first year. Then 120 dollars for the following years. Not only that but you have to sink in your time. To get from 1 to 85 is going to take you a few months if you no life...if you're a casual player, might as well hang it up.

    You have no idea what you're talking about, it's funny you tell the OP to get his facts straight when yours are as far away from the truth as possible. 1 - 85 in WoW takes a few weeks at most, even if you only play a few hours a day. Leveling has been made very fast and easier than ever and has been that way for a long time.
    masaki777 wrote: »
    Next, you have to spend countless hours raiding for the top gear. Say goodbye to your social life if you even had one to start. NOW lets compare it to PWE's "pay to win" games...

    So you're saying there are no raids in FW? If there are raids in FW, wouldn't that take hours to get the top gear? And if there are no raids in FW, cash shop to get top gear? Sounds like a real good deal.
    masaki777 wrote: »
    Free to play, thusly no monthly fee. You can play the game at no cost to you. Thusly you can stop whenever you like and play as long as you like. Big plus for casual players or tight spots for the day.

    That $15 dollars you pay to Blizzard for WoW gives you 10 times more than any $15 dollars in FW ever will. Just because you're paying to play a game like WoW doesn't mean you have to pay all the time, you can stop paying and playing at any time too. Whether it's free or not is irrelevant.
    masaki777 wrote: »
    Take that 255 for the first year of WoW and place it into the cash shop. Once you reached a high lvl say in Perfect World, 100. You can buy rank 8 for 75 dollars. That leaves you with 180 dollars. Now say you want to refine it a bit for PVP. Well you still have that 180 dollars, that could get you +6 per gear if not +7. Now you're ready for PVP and PVE. The only time you sunk into it was the leveling, now you're free to enjoy the high lvl things.

    For now maybe those $255 dollars for FW would be good but you know as well as I do that when FW gets kickin with more and more cash shop items, $255 will be the least amount of money you'll need to pay to remain enjoying the highest end of things.
    masaki777 wrote: »
    Now you can't tell me theres no edge in WoW. Those who spend 18+ hours a day on the game, have a better chance of being top dog. Here, you're free to play...free to take your time and don't have to pay a dime if you don't want to.

    So you're saying there's no edge in FW if you play 18 hours a day? That playing FW for 18 hours a day does not give someone a better chance of being top dog? Free to play or subscription has nothing to do with it. It's an obvious fact that if you spend more time doing something you'll get better at it and have a higher chance of obtaining what you want, hence you have an edge over people who don't have enough time/interest as you do.
    masaki777 wrote: »
    Just because you can't make in game coin doesn't mean you have to blame cash shoppers. I don't spend money unless its on fashion and guess what? I can take anybody 20+ lvls higher than me on PWI. So if you wanna leave, because of the "edge" to cash shoppers, so be it. But at least get your facts straight =D have a nice life. And FYI....RS is always fun if you know how to play it.

    Where in the OP's post did he blame cash shoppers? He merely stated the truth, that if you want to be maxed out, have the best of the best, you have to pay for it. That's the universal truth about almost any F2P game. Does that make the game bad? Maybe for some, but not for the OP as he clearly stated he still likes the game as a whole but just isn't interested in the cash shop part.

    Overall Masaki, you're clueless.
  • earo
    earo Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Wait...

    WoW cost 15?
    It only cost me 10 USD like 2 year ago... LOL

    Also, 10 x 12 = 120 USD a year.

    All the while... most people pays about 100 USD every 2 month for "premium items" from Cash Shops in F2P games... so... that's 50 USD a month, 50 x 12 = 600 USD a year.

    (yes... about 80% of those that buys Cash Shop items spend at least that much, how I know? well I played a lot of F2P games that have Cash Shop systems, especially in the games where it have "packages" where it costs 50-100 USD... also... I work at Walgreens... and a LOT of people buys F2P game cards... most of the times it's 50 USD each, rarely people only buy 1 game card...)


    F2P games actually generates more money than P2P games.
    Unless you don't have a job, school, or is super duper rich... than you can play all the F2P games all you want without a worry.

    Without a job or school (and you get your electric, internet bills from external sources) than you can have all the time you want to play F2P games for a long time to actually catch up to those that actually buys the Cash Shop items, but don't worry... if you play for a REALLY REALLY long time, than you won't have to buy any Cash Shop items to play the game.
    You'll just develop your character 3-4 times slower than those with Cash Shop.

    And if you're super duper rich... well... nothing else to be said here as you can buy Cash Shop items all you want...

    ___ ___ ___ ___ ___

    Also.... I probably will not play FW til 3-4 months later...
    Currently have Vindictus as my Main Game, and is trying out AIKA (global as it was recently opened to NA players, about 3 days ago, ZOMG that's the same day as phase 4... coincidences?)

    Not to mention I am currently moving from California to Ohio... because I can no longer afford the prices in California... (so I won't be able to play much games as I have to clean up the house and than sell it...)
  • wertoret
    wertoret Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    oh come on people, do you really play MMORPGs to enlarge you e-peen? what about getting into the community? joining a guild? everything I dare to say is 1/2 times less hard when you're with a group of people whom you can chat with and share the work. Even if it is about farming 40 times the same dungeon, it's fun with other people.

    Of course if the only thing in your mind is to get to level cap and get the best out of the best gear in the game then you'd better off playing other games than MMOs

    enjoy the community, suck your e-peen up.
    "lol" - Anonymous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gameforumonly
    gameforumonly Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    let's see here WOW each month does cost $15 so each year is $180

    let's see here you talks about Xbox game I remember correct each new game is from $40~$60 each. So if you buy a 3~5 games you already spend same amount for 1 years WOW

    let's see here F2P MMORPG monthly fee is $0 is you just want have fun, not pvp a lot, fooling around with friend and guild you might not need to spend anything from Item mall. But if you want to be top player always killing people to show off how superb you are that might be different. So basically is what kind style you wish to play with.

    Also different people love different kind game. For me i never love wow graphic and I didn't study WoW pretty well too. But just compare graphic Forsaken World still better.

    Ah one more thing I forgot to mention I remember correct XBox need to buy point too right. That is another cash in.
  • wertoret
    wertoret Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    let's see here WOW each month does cost $15 so each year is $180

    let's see here you talks about Xbox game I remember correct each new game is from $40~$60 each. So if you buy a 3~5 games you already spend same amount for 1 years WOW

    let's see here F2P MMORPG monthly fee is $0 is you just want have fun, not pvp a lot, fooling around with friend and guild you might not need to spend anything from Item mall. But if you want to be top player always killing people to show off how superb you are that might be different. So basically is what kind style you wish to play with.

    Also different people love different kind game. For me i never love wow graphic and I didn't study WoW pretty well too. But just compare graphic Forsaken World still better.

    Ah one more thing I forgot to mention I remember correct XBox need to buy point too right. That is another cash in.

    don't forget to play online in xbox you need to pay a monthly fee.
    "lol" - Anonymous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • roxmahsox
    roxmahsox Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ouriel125 wrote: »
    WoW totally eliminated the grind, you can level up in two weeks...
    I've never had to grind in any pwe game, the quests level me just fine.
    ouriel125 wrote: »
    And good luck with this game when it will force you to spend money on cash shop items.
    No one is forced to cash shop hence free to play, the first player to hit the level cap in pwi never put any money into the game. Although on WoW...
    ouriel125 wrote: »
    So let's see, there is something called a warchest and you will get all the expansions, except Cataclysm for cheaper price. For 15$ to 20$, in which you have Vanilla, TBC and WotLK+ Cataclysm in which you will spend 33$ and you have 1 month free, all you have to do is pay 15$ a month.
    So your saying you have to pay $48-$50 upfront on top of $15 a month to play WoW, where as all of pwe games are completely FREE to play. Got it, thanks for the clarification. ;)
  • roxmahsox
    roxmahsox Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    wertoret wrote: »
    oh come on people, do you really play MMORPGs to enlarge you e-peen? what about getting into the community? joining a guild? everything I dare to say is 1/2 times less hard when you're with a group of people whom you can chat with and share the work. Even if it is about farming 40 times the same dungeon, it's fun with other people.

    Of course if the only thing in your mind is to get to level cap and get the best out of the best gear in the game then you'd better off playing other games than MMOs

    enjoy the community, suck your e-peen up.

    Hahaha I completely agree. It's a game, it's meant to be played and enjoyed. I don't understand hitting the level cap and end game in a few days flat. It took me 2 years to get to level 95 on my last game and I loved every minute of it.:D Mmo's should be treated like chocolate, savored, not swallowed whole without getting to taste it.
  • masaki777
    masaki777 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I find it funny how many WoW fanboys are here on FW forums =o why aren't you on WoW? Down for a bit? Either way...people tearing my posts apart..EVEN if my facts weren't straight if you would learn to READ my other posts. I said that I haven't played since it was first out. But mine were closer than the topic maker.

    NEXT, why are we still going on about this? Why is this even open?! Mods are you guys on break or something? I swore I smelled a lock coming, but oh well, maybe I was wrong...like all humans are every now and again. Nobody is perfect.
  • sainttlucifer
    sainttlucifer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    sigh
    every f2p has the crybabies that scream pay to win and yet i never spend more than 50 bucks and never experience the hardships that those who spend more than me and still cry have.


    lets see, hotk a legion there spent around 5 grand each character and one hit all of us, until hero lvs now its even playing field and Asylum there is kicking everyones **** with many one or two heavy cashshoppers out of 150ish members.


    another game that got shut down i played before hotk, you had to spend real money to buy prot charms so your gear wouldnt break from a fail enchant... i had damn near full enchant on all my gear and i never spent a dime and kicked everyones **** minus the only **** in the game with full elites that was also max level.

    the free to play game is like a desert.
    heavy cash shoppers are able to buy camels and supplies, the free player has a single bottle of water and has to walk with no shoes.

    i.e cash shoppers get a short cut , but if you actually stick it out and not cry about everything because you lived a sheltered life and didnt get hit as a child, then youll eventually be on an even playing field.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** the reaper, fear the Keeper
    AsylumFW.guildlaunch.com
  • steven198807
    steven198807 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    How on earth could you get to level 80 in 2 weeks in wow, it took me just over 2 months.
    Wow cost me a bomb.
    for 3 players and 3 months play was $468
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Discussion about competing games is a violation of the forum rules. Closing this now.
This discussion has been closed.