Severe drops in framerate...

orion4726
orion4726 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Technical Support Zone
Regardless of the settings I play it on I'm noticing a severe drop in framerate everywhere I go. It happens every few seconds and is really distracting. I tried multiple realms (on Storm) but no such luck. I just built my computer (first time builder) a couple of weeks ago, and it runs games like RIFT, Dragon Age, and more on their maxed settings with full AA no problem. Is this a beta issue with this game, or too many people trying to log in at once for the beta or something? I really don't want this to be an issue in the actual game.

My specs:

Intel i5 2500 3.4ghz.
4gb G.Skills Ripjaw X Series DDR3 RAM
Sabertooh P67 Motherboard
MSI GTX460 Hawk
Seasonic X 650w PSU

Surely I should be doing better with these? Even on low I'm having problems. Is it the servers, and is it temporary? PLEASE tell me it's just an issue with the beta =(
Post edited by orion4726 on

Comments

• andronar95
    andronar95 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I got the same problem, the game is very badly optimized.
    I won't play the game till they optimized it better.
    I can run Crysis 2 beta on max but this stuff not even on medium with decent framerate -.-
  • xephona
    xephona Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This game does not know what a multicore processor is, so your 3.4 ghz i5 is running at... what? 700mhz? 3.4/5

Turn off water and shadows, watch your FPS double.
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=76401
  • orion4726
    orion4726 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well that helped, but I don't think I'm going to bother. I've played with it for a little bit, and the game doesn't really do anything innovative at all. The combat was dull, with the typical click enemy, click action bar, watch as the fighting ensues without any real assistance from you. The graphics were merely 'okay' and for a 2011 game should look better, and the optimization is TERRIBLE! The game just feels sub-par on every level. With games like C9 and Vindictus coming out and changing the way Free to Play games are played, I was expecting a lot more from this, but it just isn't happening. It feels like little more than a cheap attempt at a money-grab. Take note: Dynamic worlds/events and combat systems like those seen in C9, Guild Wars 2, and Vindicts...those are the way MMOs are going. Perfect World Entertainment better get with the times.
  • namestakenffs
    namestakenffs Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    looks like PWE just made more thread spams for themselves when they deleted the old FPS threads.

basically, you won't even get smooth framerates with water/shadow on even if you have a 6ghz i5/i7, the game is -completely- cpu bottlenecked and it's been proven.
    orion4726 wrote: »
    With games like C9 and Vindictus coming out and changing the way Free to Play games are played, I was expecting a lot more from this, but it just isn't happening.

C9, Vin and Divine Souls are not Massively Multiplayer, and lack a persistent world. Well, not sure about C9 since I haven't read much about nor played it, but I'm assuming it is.

Those 3 games are ****.