CBT 4 - Will we get some leafs for that beta?

cropp222
cropp222 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
Like in title. Will we? Crabclaw please tell us
Post edited by cropp222 on

Comments

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'll pass the question to him once he's back in the office. Thanks for your patience.
  • xephona
    xephona Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Crab already stated that we would. In his contest he stated that the winner would get $100 worth of leaves in addition to the normal phase 4 amount.
    crabclaw wrote: »
    Ok, time for something fun to do while waiting.

MSpaint or post an image of what you're doing to kill time while waiting for the server to come up, and when they do, I'll pick three people's entries at random to give a hundred bucks worth of leaves to spend during Phase 4.

This is of course on top of all of the rest of the free cash shop currency we'll be giving out. Go go go!
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=76401
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    xephona wrote: »
    Crab already stated that we would. In his contest he stated that the winner would get $100 worth of leaves in addition to the normal phase 4 amount.

See, I missed that in all of last night's chaos. Good call!
  • xephona
    xephona Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I knew it would have been the perfect opportunity to start posting **** and stuff. Rats, maybe next time.
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=76401
  • clocknane81
    clocknane81 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Sorry brand new to this game, what are leafs for and what are they or how do you get them?
  • ashleyaddiction
    ashleyaddiction Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Eyrda Leaves (aka. "Leaves") are Forsaken World's in-game cash shop currency. Much like Jade Dynasty's "Jaden" or Perfect World International's "Gold". You get leaves by purchasing "Zen" through the Perfect World Entertainment website, you then convert your "Zen" into "Leaves" when you transfer the "Zen" to the server and game of your choice.

The exchange rate of "Zen" to "Leaves" is 100 Zen = 40 Leaves. 100 Zen is 1$. At the moment (during the Closed Beta test) Leaves will be given out at certain points for players to test out the Boutique. You cannot currently convert your Zen to Leaves.
  • carmilla
    carmilla Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Eyrda Leaves (aka. "Leaves") are Forsaken World's in-game cash shop currency. Much like Jade Dynasty's "Jaden" or Perfect World International's "Gold". You get leaves by purchasing "Zen" through the Perfect World Entertainment website, you then convert your "Zen" into "Leaves" when you transfer the "Zen" to the server and game of your choice.

The exchange rate of "Zen" to "Leaves" is 100 Zen = 40 Leaves. 100 Zen is 10$. At the moment (during the Closed Beta test) Leaves will be given out at certain points for players to test out the Boutique. You cannot currently convert your Zen to Leaves.

You got the convertion rate wrong, 1 dollar = 40 leaves and thus the 40 dollars worth of leaves that all the accounts got to test out the CS amounted to 1600 leaves.
  • ashleyaddiction
    ashleyaddiction Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    carmilla wrote: »
    You got the convertion rate wrong, 1 dollar = 40 leaves and thus the 40 dollars worth of leaves that all the accounts got to test out the CS amounted to 1600 leaves.

Typo x.x Fixed :P
  • thevladutu
    thevladutu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I tested it... But i dont like it, and know why?

My problems are:

- Bad graphics...(look at Tera)
    -Low FPS(between 20-30)

This is not because my PC, my specs. are:

-RAM 4GB
    -Video: NVidia Geforce 9800GT
    -Procesor: Intel Core Duo 2.53 Ghz

So! It's not because my PC!

All i want to say it's that, the Forsaken World crew will must make an update to repair those Critical Graphics problems! Hehehehehe :D:D:D:D:D
  • thevladutu
    thevladutu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    But is an Nice game, and I will play it because I believe that Forsaken World crew will repair them!

Anyway! LET'S PLAY THE GAME GUYS!!! :d :d :D :d :d
  • nightingale8
    nightingale8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This will be the worst close beta i've ever seen if they really give up leaves to every account in phase 4. Lets welcome players starting to make 10000000000000000000000000000 accounts.
  • th30ry
    th30ry Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This will be the worst close beta i've ever seen if they really give up leaves to every account in phase 4. Lets welcome players starting to make 10000000000000000000000000000 accounts.

Thats why there is a wipe after phase 4.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cropp222
    cropp222 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Thay can make that only acounts registered before 23 Feb. will get it. If someone was waiting for game he will have acount registered all new player wouldn't get so new acount will be useless
  • trevtimusprime
    trevtimusprime Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    thevladutu wrote: »
    I tested it... But i dont like it, and know why?

My problems are:

- Bad graphics...(look at Tera)

A super high budget PAY 2 play has better graphics? No ****ing way good sir, surely you jest?
    -Low FPS(between 20-30)
    Get a new pc. I get around 60 fps in the middle of FH.

his is not because my PC, my specs. are:

-RAM 4GB
    -Video: NVidia Geforce 9800GT
    -Procesor: Intel Core Duo 2.53 Ghz

So! It's not because my PC!

I'd say it is. That's a very middle of the road pc.

-8gb ram
    -Video: 2 HD 5970 cards
    -Processor: AMD Phenom x6 1090T Black Edition

There is a nice pc.
    CB-Phase 1-4
    I am Snorlax and I will block your path.

DestroyTokyo- Voted best WereBeast on PWI Lost City server <3
  • valena
    valena Posts: 0
    edited February 2011
    -8gb ram
    There is a nice pc.

You are such a show off DT.. tstststst ;)
  • talyho
    talyho Posts: 0
    edited February 2011
    did they already give out free cs currency to everyone? i see people on the new servers running around with mounts, but i still have no leaves.
  • drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited February 2011
    talyho wrote: »
    did they already give out free cs currency to everyone? i see people on the new servers running around with mounts, but i still have no leaves.

you get a temp mount at lvl 20
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • petrus82
    petrus82 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Let's go back to the original question for a bit.
    I'm new in this game, and i don't understand why did'nt we get any item mall currency.
    Why?
    Imo a closed beta testing is an option for the game developers to get more feedback from actual players, aka more free information from a free source.
    So it's kinda a 'I sratch your back and you scratch mine' situation.
    I'm pretty sure there are still bugs regarding the item mall stuff, from what i heard, the last patch added even more new item in there.
    Is it just me, or is there anyone else who thinks this is a rather bad marketing strategy?
    Cause you know, once you get something for free, get used to it, you'll probably buy it in the future for yourself, later after the final relase.
    So i don't get it.
    I understand that some of the players already been gifted with free item mall credits, but that's just a limited amount of players, and also sure, thoose ppl could use some refill.
    It would'nt be hard to filter thoose accounts tho, imo.

And before someone comes up with this:
    I'm certain, there's no one on earth who would pay for something that will get deleted.
    So there's no point in spending real cash for leaves.
    Not at this phase.

Would be nice to get an answear.
    I really like to try some of the item mall things, and since my char won't *live long*, i don't think i would cause any loss for PWE, if i'd get some leaves, along with thoose ppl who started today.

So, the bottomline is, it's still a beta, we'll get deleted, what's the point of NOT giving us any free credit?

The games i've played before did gave out free credits.
    Even Jade Dynasty's CB.

That's all i wanted to say.
    Please give us the chance to test ANYTHING ingame.

(I hope my english is good enough to share my toughts properly)
    LF - Mature English speaking Guild!
    (pref. with voicechat)
    For OB/FL - For Life:P
    Non-Existing Kindred Sin.
  • petrus82
    petrus82 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Forgot to mention something.
    Just imagine, how unfair is this.

Grinding and sparing up each coin to be able to buy some item mall credit from the banker. You pay for something, what others got for free.
    And it's nothing like a rare ingame item, it's just item mall credit.

Is it just me who thinks that's not fair?

My friend, who got it p3, said the latest patch added lots of new items to the cash shop, so what's the point of not letting the new players try them?
    LF - Mature English speaking Guild!
    (pref. with voicechat)
    For OB/FL - For Life:P
    Non-Existing Kindred Sin.
  • cchenchencc
    cchenchencc Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    -8gb ram

There is a nice pc.

Lol come on dude, that PC is for like freaking Crysis...we should be able to play an MMO with not nearly as good graphics as games like Crysis at decent FPS with middle class PCs. But I can understand that the amount of people and objects are massive due to it being an mmo which is why FPS goes low.
This discussion has been closed.