Will Fw die just like Pw

nator
nator Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
since they are from same company I really hope that they don't follow Pw path $1000 usd to become endgame also what's a good class to start with
Post edited by nator on
War of Immortals
Olympus West Server

ID 7030141G010001089000801S13fb1f

Comments

• ilohkee666
    ilohkee666 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    nator wrote: »
    since they are from same company I really hope that they don't follow Pw path $1000 usd to become endgame also what's a good class to start with

I'm hoping it will be strong for a long time to come, with many updates and expansion. I still play Perfect world, and enjoying that latest expansion for the game, and still see regular people on every day. I think this game will be just as big, maybe even bigger? Dew to the fact it was made for western audience.
  • alex1587793
    alex1587793 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PW hasnt died yet and wont die for quite some time just because you quit playing it doesnt mean that others will too. Also for every person that stops playing PW probably another 10 join it. As for ur class its all upon ur game style, IMO i would reccomend a Mage if ur going to play in a PVE server and an Assasin in a PVP server.

One more thing FW hasnt even shown its full potential since its on its beta phase, and like any other game u cant make an accurate opinion on wheter its a FAIL or a success without seeing everything it has to offer.
  • kodama15
    kodama15 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PW hasnt died yet and wont die for quite some time just because you quit playing it doesnt mean that others will too. Also for every person that stops playing PW probably another 10 join it. As for ur class its all upon ur game style, IMO i would reccomend a Mage if ur going to play in a PVE server and an Assasin in a PVP server.

Uh,if are on this game,i think both are 0 to 0 on both servers,
    cuz i think mage in this game not have an spell to delay the
    enemy,and assassin not have a damage-growing combo attacks.

But about the topic,i think this game not will die earlier,if the players
    have anything to do,like quests,events or anything else.Or venture.
  • terrorian
    terrorian Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    will die if they bet too much on cash shop
  • jakegold
    jakegold Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    No, the people who really love PWE games hardly even post on these forums. But thier games have a pretty hardcore following. and FW tends to bring more people to the mix then any of thier previous titles.
  • gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    First, CS'ers comes and takes the lead on non-CS'ers.
    CS'ers feels like giving a huge inflation to benefit em and make non-CS'ers life even harder.
    Incase If It fails: Repeat 1 and 2.

Until It dies.
    [Add smth cool here]
  • jakegold
    edited February 2011
    First, CS'ers comes and takes the lead on non-CS'ers.
    CS'ers feels like giving a huge inflation to benefit em and make non-CS'ers life even harder.
    Incase If It fails: Repeat 1 and 2.

Until It dies.

lol. you know when you post junk like this some people actually believe it. so stop please. atleast wait till a month into OB before this kinda talk.
  • trevtimusprime
    trevtimusprime Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011

The 64% loss of server traffic from Feb last year to this year says otherwise buddy.
    CB-Phase 1-4
    I am Snorlax and I will block your path.

DestroyTokyo- Voted best WereBeast on PWI Lost City server <3
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I would like to know where some of you guys get your info bc im pretty sure its not from PWE, so who come up with these numbers,rage quitters? Also theres a player who reach 105! without ANY zen, so to say its CS run is a joke.
  • jakegold
    edited February 2011
    The 64% loss of server traffic from Feb last year to this year says otherwise buddy.

lol, in a closed beta where toons get deleted and whiped, means nothing.
  • skyepersona
    skyepersona Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    nator wrote: »

nevermind.........ugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pimpeh
    pimpeh Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PW hasnt died yet and wont die for quite some time just because you quit playing it doesnt mean that others will too. Also for every person that stops playing PW probably another 10 join it.

Not really,there are barely any new players in PWI. Most of the lowbies are just alts and sometimes you get some old school players come back to the game.
  • dare2try2killme
    dare2try2killme Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    the way I see it is... PWI's problems are more to do with its dull and uninspiring combat than its cash shop. I found that while cash shop gives advantages to those who use it a lot, that's not was killed it for me. You can get around cash shop and still have fun, in most games. It's that the combat was so dull and mindless. That and the graphics were all flamboyant and bubbly and happy-go-lucky all the time. Also another thing was, because of all the customizing possible with character appearance, the more players that played it the more laggy it got for people who didn't have decent computers. That didn't really effect me much outside of cities. But I'm kind of glad to see LESS customization in character creation in FW because it means the server won't be forced to render so many different combination, therefor the lag (technically) should be less. Either way, PWI's biggest problem was the COMBAT, not the CASH SHOP.
  • dare2try2killme
    edited February 2011
    katozuma wrote: »
    I would like to know where some of you guys get your info bc im pretty sure its not from PWE, so who come up with these numbers,rage quitters? Also theres a player who reach 105! without ANY zen, so to say its CS run is a joke.

It is a PWE entertainment game which is why the PW logo is at the top of the screen. Scroll all the way to the top and you'll see it.
  • kinsumex
    kinsumex Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Cash shop typically only gets players higher level quicker. Sure for upgrading gear and such they have cash shop items to improve chances of success, or certain pets are only available through the cash shop but it isn't game breaking. The core of items in the game come from dungeon running and such. While you may have a hard time killing someone who has dumped $2,000 into his character, that's to be expected but only 1% of the population, if that, will actually be that strong. And face the facts, if it wasn't for those people who dumped money into the cash shop, you wouldn't be playing the game for free right now. Period.
    AMD Phenom II x6 1090T Processor 3.2 GHz
    6 gb ram
    GeForce GTS 450
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    $1,000 is nothing, to max one mastery you need $4,000, and that has nothing to do with gear. Lv5 gems would probably cost $625 each straight from the cash shop (by combining lv1 gems).
  • outlawarcher
    outlawarcher Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    pimpeh wrote: »
    Not really,there are barely any new players in PWI. Most of the lowbies are just alts and sometimes you get some old school players come back to the game.

i am VERY curious. can you point me to the site that has those percentages? honestly, it's getting a tad annoying how people make these statements based on pure speculation. if you have proof them by all means produce it in the form of a link or something, however, i would think that such info isn't available to the public. statments like this makes it sound as tho the one makig it went all over the game asking every singl soul about the thing he's taking about.

PW is not dead, if it was, lag in archo would have been reduced world chat would be inactive, all my guildmates wouldn't be playing as much, i would have a hard time findig random parties for BH, and one would have a VERY hard time finding help in general. comeon people, lets stop over exaggerating. yes PW is without a doubt losing players, but statisticly, they most likly getting new players as well, some of whom have no problems spending hundreds of bucks to level up.
  • trevtimusprime
    trevtimusprime Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    jakegold wrote: »
    lol, in a closed beta where toons get deleted and whiped, means nothing.

You're an idiot, it's why I deleted the FW portion of the post before quoting, it was specifically about PWI, hence the pwi portion was the only thing quoted.
    CB-Phase 1-4
    I am Snorlax and I will block your path.

DestroyTokyo- Voted best WereBeast on PWI Lost City server <3
  • dare2try2killme
    edited February 2011
    there is one and only one point of a closed beta - TO TEST THE GAME. It's not for players to come in and play the game as normal. It's not for enjoyment. It's so people who know what they're doing and what they're talking about can give input to maximize the game's outcome for when it is released. People who join a closed beta expecting to PLAY the game, instead of TEST the game.... don't belong in a closed beta. Any anger about the character wipe is dumb.
  • brokensaintvx
    brokensaintvx Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Pw was strong for a long period of time, and died simply because theres an exploit everyone could use to become "end game."

The cash shop did help to kill pw, however, it isnt what's killing it. FW "feels" more balanced from screenshots, videos and player feedback. To me it looks like it will be a good enough game for a long time, least until the pwe stigma, "pay to win," kicks in.
  • jakegold
    edited February 2011
    You're an idiot, it's why I deleted the FW portion of the post before quoting, it was specifically about PWI, hence the pwi portion was the only thing quoted.

OK, see you in game friend.
  • lowengrin
    lowengrin Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    there is one and only one point of a closed beta - TO TEST THE GAME. It's not for players to come in and play the game as normal. It's not for enjoyment. It's so people who know what they're doing and what they're talking about can give input to maximize the game's outcome for when it is released. People who join a closed beta expecting to PLAY the game, instead of TEST the game.... don't belong in a closed beta. Any anger about the character wipe is dumb.

XD Just had to say something about this~! NICE ONE~!!!
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It is a PWE entertainment game which is why the PW logo is at the top of the screen. Scroll all the way to the top and you'll see it.

Um I never asked that....What I was asking is where you guys get your info. Some1 said " The 64% loss of server traffic from Feb last year ". Only ones who would have this info is pwe themselves and i don't re-call them releasing that kind of info lol. Heck they would even say how many ppl are in the closed beta, so i highly doubt they would release info on loss of server traffic/players.
  • justafriend
    justafriend Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    katozuma wrote: »
    Um I never asked that....What I was asking is where you guys get your info. Some1 said " The 64% loss of server traffic from Feb last year ". Only ones who would have this info is pwe themselves and i don't re-call them releasing that kind of info lol. Heck they would even say how many ppl are in the closed beta, so i highly doubt they would release info on loss of server traffic/players.

I agree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <HeartAndSoul> a PVE/RP/RPK clan. heartandsoul.mmoguildsites.com
    We play the game for fun like it was meant to be
    ! Join Us!
    Why do people get so serious over a few 01010101's? *rolls eyes*
  • mdtc
    mdtc Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2011

That is a reduction in traffic, not a death. Heck, even DAoC is STILL alive and kicking.
  • philosophyofpain
    philosophyofpain Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Have you even taken into account the fact that PW creates alternate servers based on region to accommodate traffic? Somehow I doubt it. PW isn't dead, I doubt FW is any more likely to die than PW has. If PW were "dead" the company would shut the game down. No point in spending money on something that doesn't make any money.
This discussion has been closed.