Regarding the announced wipe at the end of Phase 3

Comments

• heychowder
    heychowder Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2011

If the Chinese had already tested it all and it were that simple as you think, then the game woulda went straight to OB

But why don't they just test it and fix it, since it would be somewhat easier on their part? I have always wondered
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    heychowder wrote: »

But why don't they just test it and fix it, since it would be somewhat easier on their part? I have always wondered

Couple reasons

1) It's extremely hard to test something at the same time you're in the middle of developing something else AND make fixes to stuff all at once.

2) Even with 100's of players in most CBTs it can still take months to properly test all the features, it'd take years if the dev team did it themselves.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Soyo is right about the CN thing actually, only bugs theyve really got to fix are text translations, other than that theres the failed graphics from where they translated it-mostly affects glowing on mounts, but seriously-that shouldhv taken under a day, even i know how to fix that.

With those two things fixed the game couldhv gone to OB with no issues whatsoever, but instead i believe its been dragged out because at the same time their working on their PWI expansion (which sux btw.lol). . . and hopefully targetting/frame rates fixes-if thats not fixed on day 1 of OB ill be incredibly confused as to why this games had a year long beta overall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • bunnypirates
    bunnypirates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Somewhere in the CB bug forums I think Crab (or any staff member) said that they're looking mainly for the text bugs, but I could be wrong. Can always check it. :x

Edit; It was text/grammar errors but also mechanical errors. :>
    But I still personally think there were much more text bugs than any other bugs. I really haven't noticed but the text bugs, game setting menu's graphic adjusting bugs and some balancing issues. All these phases were too much IMO, one CB of 2-ish months + the OB would have been enough if the staff had focused and worked really really hard. (Assuming fixing text and some other bugs is easy like people have said o_o)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*CB1 player, herp-a-derp.*
    forsakenworldart.deviantart.comJOIN
    Retired; playing a game called life. O:
  • redwingpixie
    redwingpixie Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Uno i wonder if they could create their own mini program to scan for text errors lol since translations from chinese to english arnt always 100% the program could find the errors and make its soooo much easier for the US devs.

Unless text is hex code o.o but still would be a time saving tool.

mechanical well u gotta test by playing lol and doing something over and over again.

No different to acutly playing OB then xD
    D-D-Disconnect-And-Self-Destruct-One-Bullet-At-A-Time
  • nightingale8
    nightingale8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I lol
  • kodachikuno
    kodachikuno Posts: 1,863 Arc User1
    edited February 2011
    @scarletwitch expecting people to take responsibility for their own actions in this day and age is about as realistic as expecting your RL dog/cat to start comprehending astrophysics. Taking responsibility for your actions died with Common Sense in the early 90s
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
  • redwingpixie
    redwingpixie Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @scarletwitch expecting people to take responsibility for their own actions in this day and age is about as realistic as expecting your RL dog/cat to start comprehending astrophysics. Taking responsibility for your actions died with Common Sense in the early 90s

True to that xD

tho not everyone out there is like that some of us to accept responsibilty and care for others just a rare few thats all
    D-D-Disconnect-And-Self-Destruct-One-Bullet-At-A-Time
  • draguardia
    draguardia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    nichls9 wrote: »
    Yea everything is getting wiped at the end of phase 4. Meaning the people who want to play and start on the pve server will have to start all over with nothing. But the people who wants to stay in the pvp gets to keep everything. How is that fair?

Wait, so your saying the only reason they get to keep everything is to beta test the 50-60 content? Who lame

Testing is the point..seems like most of you have forgotten that.
  • draguardia
    draguardia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    kurikorei wrote: »
    Ok, I don't understand this comment. They're not wiping all chars in the PvP server (the current server) so that we will have a chance to test lvl 50+ content. This makes a lot of sense seeing how if everything had been wiped, the lvl 50+ content would have never been tested before OB. In that regard, it makes perfect sense that everyone on the PvP server would be allowed to keep their items, stats, skills, etc.

I think the part you missed was the fact that the PvE server is NEW. Unless they're allowing people to play across servers, there's no problem here since you would HAVE to create a new char in the PvE server. Sure, you may not get to lvl 50+, but there will likely be other things you can take advantage of.

So I think the decision is totally fair. I don't know why everyone's complaining. You know there's a wipe coming before OB. It's called Closed Beta for a reason. It's only open to select players who choose to be testers while they're working out kinks in the game. If you wanna complain about the imminent wipe, which has to happen before the game can be open to EVERYONE, so that EVERYONE is on an equal playing field, DON'T SIGN UP TO BE A BETA TESTER!

Finally, someone who understands what a closed beta is, along with the purpose and point. :D
  • odetagowo
    odetagowo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    they realised people couldn't reached 60 in 1 month, but doesn't change anything

from 49 to 50 you can get 16m maybe a bit more with hard farming and you need 37.8m to level up, means +/- 2.5 days

phase 4 is 30 days and i'm sure ppl will need more than 2.5 days at 57 58 59 60( probably between 45 and 50 m exp needed) but shhh let pwe holding their beta and annoy more players
  • haringbloodz
    haringbloodz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    GOD! :(

Why are you making stupid people that does not have Brains and only cares on their own.

Grow up people!

CBT = Testing PHase.

You signed up to test the game! and help the developers to know the Bugs and Exploits before the OB!

Stop whining about Wipe out **** or somethin zzz...
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ok seriously all the high levels are dumb cuz they cried so much about nobody being able to test the 50+ content that pwe did the right thing and listen
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • style117
    style117 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    odetagowo wrote: »
    they realised people couldn't reached 60 in 1 month, but doesn't change anything

from 49 to 50 you can get 16m maybe a bit more with hard farming and you need 37.8m to level up, means +/- 2.5 days

phase 4 is 30 days and i'm sure ppl will need more than 2.5 days at 57 58 59 60( probably between 45 and 50 m exp needed) but shhh let pwe holding their beta and annoy more players

Dont forget about the exp aid. I have 70,5 mil exp saved up right now.

Level 50 -> 51 = 39,8 mil exp
  • notsatisfied
    notsatisfied Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    please make the wipe, my friend didn't get into any cb and i want to play with him and start all new :(, it's not fair for people that didn't get into the cbs and are only starting now
  • hidden30
    hidden30 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    please make the wipe, my friend didn't get into any cb and i want to play with him and start all new :(, it's not fair for people that didn't get into the cbs and are only starting now

You know, that's silly to do a wipe just because YOUR friend didn't get in or that people didn't start at the same time :p. This is still a beta test; it is done solely to see if everything will function properly and for any major bugs to be removed. There will be a wipe after phase 4, so everyone can start off on equal grounds. :)
    "Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • a1x2e3ls
    a1x2e3ls Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I played recently another closed beta. Their server was initially in Europe then it was relocated to NA. Not long ago they have created a second server in Europe with an option to choose what server you prefer: EU or NA. No wipe. All characters are possible to transfer once from one server to another. In order to test the new FW PvE server with high level characters it is reasonable to have a similar option.
  • wertoret
    wertoret Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    but they gave us free cash shop items, that's unfair to them, and the purpose was for testing so yeah the wipes are totally justified.
    "lol" - Anonymous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    wertoret wrote: »
    but they gave us free cash shop items, that's unfair to them, and the purpose was for testing so yeah the wipes are totally justified.

No matter what they do, always people will complain. A wipe is justified at the end of CB.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • ilohkee666
    ilohkee666 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Even though i didn't manage to get into the beta till phase 4, This was a good choice on your side guys, I'm sure a lot of people would have quit playing the game, Even when going into Open beta. So happy to hear that your not doing the wipe.
  • twiizted
    twiizted Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    sold all my leaves for cheap... wasted all my gold... 90 pk points and counting... gear down to 40 dura... and now

no wipe.

thats pro.

thanks a lot.

make decision faster pls instead of 6 ****ing days before a long time announced wipe is scheduled omg

I feel you... I stopped leveling at 45, gave away 5 diamonds, in gold and in items. Thinking there was going to be a wipe. I guess I got gg'd? /facepalm.
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    a1x2e3ls wrote: »
    I played recently another closed beta. Their server was initially in Europe then it was relocated to NA. Not long ago they have created a second server in Europe with an option to choose what server you prefer: EU or NA. No wipe. All characters are possible to transfer once from one server to another. In order to test the new FW PvE server with high level characters it is reasonable to have a similar option.
    I don't know why PWE have always been so stubborn regarding server transfers.
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I don't get you people, what were thinking "HURR DURR MAH ACCNT IS GUNNA B WIPED SO IMMA GT RID OF ALL MAH STUFF"?

But really, if the wiped then lots of stuff would go untested, which is, and this may come as a shock to you, THE WHOLE POINT OF A BETA TEST.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • yagamix3
    yagamix3 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    not fair, i'll be starting in Phase 4, and many will be too. We'll be the bunnys against Dragons...
    I'm gonna be pk'ed a lot....not fair
  • carmilla
    carmilla Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    yagamix3 wrote: »
    not fair, i'll be starting in Phase 4, and many will be too. We'll be the bunnys against Dragons...
    I'm gonna be pk'ed a lot....not fair

If that worries you then theres always the pve server little bunny ;)
  • yagamix3
    yagamix3 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    oh nice, thanks dragon my great friend(don't kill me plz!!!!):p
  • kandycatz
    kandycatz Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Will phase 4 testers get leaves too? :O
  • crabclaw
    crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    kandycatz wrote: »
    Will phase 4 testers get leaves too? :O

Definitely :)
  • billbob2
    billbob2 Posts: 26
    edited February 2011
    isn't this hilarious.... people told those of us who didnt get in to stop crying we didnt get in, are now crying about the wipe....

hahahahahaaaaa
  • ursumtl
    ursumtl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    ain't life a bish.
    Anyway, no wipe, so whoever went on a spending rampage 'cause world as we know it gonna' end, use this lesson for RL.
This discussion has been closed.