FPS issues threads?

syklonis
syklonis Posts: 47 Arc User
Ok, what happened to the threads about fps issues?? Are they being swept under the rug and still not being acknowledged that the fact the game is still not optimized? Or will it ever be for that matter?

I want to enjoy the game with AA forced, but 15-20 fps in harbor town is a joke on a gaming rig! It's high time you stop saying to turn down settings and realize it's your game that needs fixing!
Post edited by syklonis on

Comments

• namestakenffs
    namestakenffs Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    They don't want people to know WHY their framerate sucks, and they also don't want people to know that this engine is horribly outdated, because it makes Wanmei look bad.

I mean even games with worse graphics than this that are just as new are multithreaded!

PS enabling AA/AF doesn't lower your frame rate since it's fully GPU based. Only shadows and water will (fully cpu based). You might gain some fps if you mess with the mipmap settings.
  • syklonis
    edited February 2011
    Well I have had enough of this company! We try and show issues with your game to improve it and you ignore and ban threads, wow!!

I am now trying to reach out to a bunch of gaming online sites to see if they can get to the bottom of this ****. All PW had to do is address/acknowledge the issue, and since day one have never made any inclination to do so.

Awesome company you got there PW, wish I could work for you!!! <----sarcasm
  • justafriend
    justafriend Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    They probably just got tired of seeing them lol

I dont feel your pain. My FPS is fine with everything maxed, even in Freedom Harbor.
    Thats on my rig, my work laptop and on my Travel FrankenPC.

So I dunno what to say BUT I have noticed the abundant loss of "Bad FPS" threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <HeartAndSoul> a PVE/RP/RPK clan. heartandsoul.mmoguildsites.com
    We play the game for fun like it was meant to be
    ! Join Us!
    Why do people get so serious over a few 01010101's? *rolls eyes*
  • namestakenffs
    edited February 2011
    They probably just got tired of seeing them lol

I dont feel your pain. My FPS is fine with everything maxed, even in Freedom Harbor.
    Thats on my rig, my work laptop and on my Travel FrankenPC.

So I dunno what to say BUT I have noticed the abundant loss of "Bad FPS" threads.

Load fraps or a program that displays your fps. Go into Harbor town, the center, near the training ****.

Then:
    1. State FPS with water, shadow, refraction off, probably no higher than 20-25.
    2. State fps with water, shadow, refraction on max. If it's higher than 15 fps you are a troll.

You can't state fps by eye very accurately. Movies are typically 24 fps and most people don't mind it. It's still a terrible number. Under 20 fps is unplayable and a Q6600 was getting below 20 (10).

I've seen people with much better machines than mine getting the same rubbish framerate, despite the fact we should all be seeing 45+ fps.
  • syklonis
    edited February 2011
    Load fraps or a program that displays your fps. Go into Harbor town, the center, near the training ****.

Then:
    1. State FPS with water, shadow, refraction off, probably no higher than 20-25.
    2. State fps with water, shadow, refraction on max. If it's higher than 15 fps you are a troll.

You can't state fps by eye very accurately. Movies are typically 24 fps and most people don't mind it. It's still a terrible number. Under 20 fps is unplayable and a Q6600 was getting below 20 (10).

I've seen people with much better machines than mine getting the same rubbish framerate, despite the fact we should all be seeing 45+ fps.

I'll be doing just this when I can get into the game, it shows server is down as I need to update my client apparently.

This will show just how bad my frame-rates will be on my gaming rig :)
  • namestakenffs
    edited February 2011
    syklonis wrote: »
    I'll be doing just this when I can get into the game, it shows server is down as I need to update my client apparently.

we need someone with an i7 990x running @ 4ghz and 3 GTX 580's to come in and show just how bad this engine is.... top of the line, overkill-for-4-years machine, getting **** fps on something that looks like someone smeared brown on your monitor.
  • ladychance
    ladychance Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    syklonis wrote: »

looking forward for your result.
  • jpersona
    jpersona Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have an i7-2630QM with 8 gb ram and a GeForce GTX 460M graphics card and am having framerate issues in town. MY wife's computer is a year older than mine and was not built for gaming and runs slightly better...
  • sesheenku
    sesheenku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    That's just it the threads are gone cause people know why and they know PW isn't about to change it. The **** engine that will only work if you have a single core comp.

They assume the F2P ppl are all dirt poor apparently and can't afford a simple 600 dollar dual core laptop at least.

So no this isn't going to be fixed anytime soon, everyone knows this and has given up, PW isn't going to bring a new engine out anytime soon, I'd stake all of my possessions on it.

If I'm wrong and they do one of the PW employees can come to my house and he/she can take any number of my possessions other than the house itself!
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15047437000&dateline=1290559725[/SIGPIC]
    Made by me ;D

-> I'm no longer in that guild but I'm a bit lazy to change my sig which I made anyways.
  • progus
    progus Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The game runs pretty smooth in most areas except the Freedom Harbor that drops my framerate to 15-20 fps all settings maximized, if even that. I can run many great looking games over 30 fps like Crysis and other demanding ones. I love this game even if there is still loads of bugs but it's just horrible to play in towns :(
  • namestakenffs
    edited March 2011
    Welcome to the Trash Engine Bitching Club, member number 200.

At the very least they could add threading and that should at least partially solve the problem since the effects/shadows are done by cpu instead of the gpu.
  • bunnypirates
    bunnypirates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I tried the FPS thing with Fraps a few days ago and the lowest number I got was 4 8D;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*CB1 player, herp-a-derp.*
    forsakenworldart.deviantart.comJOIN
    Retired; playing a game called life. O:
  • majorpayne666
    majorpayne666 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Got a 1600 euro gaming laptop that pretty much handles any game on max settings apart from this one...Crisis, COD: BO, DMC IV, and MMOS like Allods, Aion, RoM etc. all work smoothly on max settings...just this outdated game won't do...lol!
  • sinnerbynature
    sinnerbynature Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    My FPS at the start was normal. i got 35-40 fps and the longer i have been playing since it went on phase 4 the more my FPS got worst to the point now that i hate going places where there are people. I want my old FPS rate back. :(:(:(
  • namestakenffs
    edited March 2011
    Got a 1600 euro gaming laptop that pretty much handles any game on max settings apart from this one...Crisis, COD: BO, DMC IV, and MMOS like Allods, Aion, RoM etc. all work smoothly on max settings...just this outdated game won't do...lol!

Edit: Oops. Misread your post. I'll leave this intact anyways since some genius is going to ignore all logic and post something that I can redirect it to... as usual

My machine has a faster CPU than you'll find in any laptop (i7 2600k @ 4.2ghz) and my GPU performs similar to a 480M, or maybe a little (few %) worse.
    You forget that laptop GPUs have half the transistors and generally perform half as well as the desktop counterparts.

You're either lying or haven't checked your frame rate in Freedom Harbor with FRAPS or some similar app. Because the game is not smooth on any, ANY, of my systems. 20FPS in harbor at best, 15- with water/shadow refraction on. That is NOT smooth, and games/benchmarks with 20 times better graphics than this give me a higher frame rate than that... with tesselation on even!!
  • breadm1x
    breadm1x Posts: 6
    edited March 2011
    I donno why it happens but i do know why my fps sucks with 2xGTX570 in SLI or single.
    The game switches back my cards to 2d clocks when i enter the game.
    Character select screen its in 3d clocks but when i enter its 2d clocks and the fps goes down the drain.

Bet you that peeps with an ATI card dont have problems.
    Plolly a PWI -> nvidia driver bug issue.
  • johny1
    johny1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It works perfect here with max video effects:p try turning off torrent and other games before playing fw;)
  • namestakenffs
    edited March 2011
    johny1 wrote: »
    It works perfect here with max video effects:p try turning off torrent and other games before playing fw;)

you don't know wtf you're talking about, torrent doesn't affect frame rate and I can run other games simultaneously and still get the same exact frame rate.

go check your framerate on fully maxed in harbor town with fraps, if it's over 15 you're lying.

I too can get "passable" framerates on maxed except in harbor where its always bad even on lowest. This game's framerates are always too low considering the bad graphics vs my decent hardware.

Gtfo you troll. You still haven't even posted your specs and framerates at given settings in a specific area (preferably harbor).
    breadm1x wrote: »
    I donno why it happens but i do know why my fps sucks with 2xGTX570 in SLI or single.
    Character select screen its in 3d clocks but when i enter its 2d clocks and the fps goes down the drain.

Dude im using an ATI card and we all have the same problems. FYI, nvidia has better 2d performance if I remember correctly.

I also have an 8800GT and it performs EXACTLY THE SAME!
  • lolz55
    lolz55 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    breadm1x wrote: »

haha no bro, I was thinking the exact opposite having an ATI video card, "They always make it for Nvidia..." I said to myself, but it seems that the one with the problem is the engine, and the engine alone.
  • lolz55
    lolz55 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    johny1 wrote: »

lol... xD you are the type of person that will call costumer service, just because you didn't plug in your PC and its not turning on. No offense, but you should get your facts straight before saying things like that. :D
  • namestakenffs
    edited March 2011
    By the way, here is your explaination why your card is in 3d mode at the login and 2d ingame.

The game is cpu bottlenecked, proven without doubt. At login screen your gpu should be running full speed because the single cpu core isn't really doing anything. Once you get ingame the massive cpu bottleneck sets in and your gpu is used only 10-20%.
  • breadm1x
    breadm1x Posts: 6
    edited March 2011
    Dont think my i7 990X maxed for this game but eh :P
    I switched my cards manualy to 3d clocks 825Mhz core 1650Mhz shaders.
    Result 7% cpu usage and crappy framerate :P

win 7 x64 btw.
  • bringerofsin62
    bringerofsin62 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just wondering why they haven't fixed the problem yet. Doesn't matter if it's open beta that should be one thing that should be fixed. I'm having terrible frame rate issues when I'm playing the vampire beginning zone. I'm running an amd phenom 2 2.8 hexacore (6 cores), 4 gigs of ddr3 ram, nvidia GTX 460. And I have to turn a lot of stuff down just to get decent framerate lol.. unreal. I also noticed it's only when you have terrain maxed out. When you turn it off, the game runs perfect but everything looks so bland and boring. Definitely something that needs to be looked into.
  • getinmycar
    getinmycar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Idk whats up either...my pc is decent enough to run games like crysis and the witcher 2 normaly.....and in this game im gettin **** fps....optimization at its worst here folks