Men playing with female chars

Comments

• redwingpixie
    redwingpixie Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    would be cool if they did some sort of cuddle or kiss with same genders =P

for me its mainly eye candy and easier to play, and i do joke around with the being a female chara but its when ppl hit on u or spam that cuddle **** which annoys me i can see why most women change to male charas.
    D-D-Disconnect-And-Self-Destruct-One-Bullet-At-A-Time
  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I hate the harrasment that many female players endure still in many games, it is sorrowful and the GMs need to pay attention to these incidents. I rolled a female just to be able to do more the female quest and forget it, delete it, young immature kids who just discovered others uses for their equipment are super hornies. It is pitifull that you have to use a game to find a mate. No social skills. There are real women out there if you bother of getting out of your mom's basement you know. :mad:
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • pensri
    pensri Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    I hate the harrasment that many female players endure still in many games, it is sorrowful and the GMs need to pay attention to these incidents. I rolled a female just to be able to do more the female quest and forget it, delete it, young immature kids who just discovered others uses for their equipment are super hornies. It is pitifull that you have to use a game to find a mate. No social skills. There are real women out there if you bother of getting out of your mom's basement you know. :mad:

And this is why I play a male. And people ask me why lol. 1 I am taken in real life....2 I get sick of getting hit on all the damn time. I mean sure I miss the dresses I could be buying half the time but dang give a girl a break....oh and 3 as was said earlyer in the forum men seem to not believe girls are playing the game anyway. I have been made to prove it on Vent LMAO! XD.
  • aurorapetal
    aurorapetal Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I have absolutly no problem with guys being girls, face it half the time girls look better then guys :P

I am a girl that wil be playign a girl but in another game i played months ago i had a friend that was playing a girl when he was a guy. I twas tons of fun, letting guys flirt when we knew they were really flirting with a guy.

Guys and be girls all the want, girls and be guys. Part of gaming is having fun after all :)

with the harassment parts there is an easy solution on my part. Ignore them, or kick their butts. IF you have to harass a girl on a game then maybe you need to worry more bout your rl love life, if you HAVE one. THat or find all your big guy friends that scare em off lol
  • aurorapetal
    aurorapetal Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    febbers wrote: »
    I think most people here "gamer girl" and assume that they are the female in the clan who just bats her eyelashes and gets free items. Which happens pretty often. So in all reality, they don't count them as "gaming" as they've never worked for anything and just had everything handed to them.

Another common female gamer faux pas/breed is the camera happy girls who just take pictures and collect cute things and don't really do anything in game except for post pictures and let people fawn over them. Again, most don't consider that gaming.

That's not to say there aren't plenty of girls who AREN'T like that. But with gaming and girls, it's either a contest of who's hotter and has more skill, not just, who's the most active, helpful, and most skilled. It's pretty annoying :/

I think you might be surprised at how many girl gamers there actually are.. and lots of us arent batting our eyes for free things or just taking pictures thats a steriotype i dont much agree with lol.

I know quiet a few good girl gamers. the few that are annoying like that, some ARE guys, not all, and others are insecure peopel that need to get a life.

and another thing, if you just assume everyoen is a guy you WILL get slapped by alot of girls. pretending everyone is a guy just pisses some girls off.

thats my two cents in all this
  • devilnod
    devilnod Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I play a male char (im a girl),and my hubbie plays a female...I don't see anything wrong with it...but my husband does tend to stare at his char a tad to long...LMAO!! I also have other female friends on game that have male char...1 even has a Rock char...just depends on what ya like I guess!
  • mattiemonkeyninja
    mattiemonkeyninja Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    First off, I'm a girl

I don't see a problem with men playing female chars, it's their choice the whole time their playing so who cares? Tho it really dose suck when a male pretends to be a girl so people will by them stuff... WTF that's extremely rude..

But I like playing male chars, got no problem with it, though the elves in FW are really girly....the Kindred males are SUPER goth looking (awesome) and I really wish they would make the female chars less **** looking...

but now I'm just stating things that have nothing to do with the subject~

I usually just consider everyone male unless I'm told otherwise

<3 Matilda .J
  • ferky
    ferky Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    as a bloke playing perfect world i have tried both male and female chars and to be quite honest i just plain prefer the look of the female char except the female dwarf sry but it looks to much like a little girl for my liking and it just doesnt feel right to me . Apart from that whats the problem as a bloke i wouild rather see a cute female **** running around on my screen rather than looking at a blokes **** all night :) just my personal choice
  • lilbaby
    lilbaby Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    LMAO ferky :)
    i'm a female player :) and wife of ferky :) lol and i don't see any problems with either sex players playing an opposite sex character its all down to personal choice , personal preference :)
  • gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    First off, I'm a girl

Me too. :3

LilGeekGirl03_Web.jpg
    [Add smth cool here]
  • ussichu
    ussichu Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i'm male, i play as a female character 70% of the time.

I've simply picked up the habit of speaking to people in a way you can talk to someone irrelevant of what gender they are.
  • redwingpixie
    edited February 2011
    ferky wrote: »
    as a bloke playing perfect world i have tried both male and female chars and to be quite honest i just plain prefer the look of the female char except the female dwarf sry but it looks to much like a little girl for my liking and it just doesnt feel right to me . Apart from that whats the problem as a bloke i wouild rather see a cute female **** running around on my screen rather than looking at a blokes **** all night :) just my personal choice

lol u think like 99% of all the men n playing women chars and its roleplaying if u think about it ina way u try to see what its like to be the other gender...i mean u dont go as far as uno..(covers kiddies ears)..and yes i agree the dwarf girl looks like a little girl which creeps me out. Why would u want that ina game..now every time i think a dude playing a dwarf girl is a.....uno what i mean =P.

Someone tell my wife to play a guy so she can hold me for once =P
  • extremejosh88
    extremejosh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I sometimes play female but usually more often i play male because i do rp a bit and really get into char at times hehe kinda weird as a guy to get into char with a girl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Recruitingthread: fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87981
    Guild Site: fworganizationxiii.guildlaunch.com

A scattered dream
    that's like a far-off memory.
    A far-off memory
    that's like a scattered dream.
  • ohhnoooo
    ohhnoooo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Because when you play female characters, someone kicking you in the nuts won't matter.
  • redwingpixie
    edited February 2011
    ohhnoooo wrote: »
    Because when you play female characters, someone kicking you in the nuts won't matter.

Sure it stil hurts for women if they get kicked there lol but idk =P

cat fights tend to be nasty words and clawing rather then male fights xD
  • wertoret
    wertoret Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    whoa whoa whoa 17 pages on this thread???

what makes it so popular?

I still haven't created my char and am not sure what gender to pick, I always wish they force me to have a gender, such as unique character models (female/male only) so that I don't have to fall into this dilemma.

as the current situation, they give you liberty to pick gender, if I pick male, I'll be staring at a guy's back for god knows how much, if I pick female, well let's say there are more people in my room while I play games.

what would you recommend me?
    "lol" - Anonymous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mehez
    mehez Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    wow this thread is huge and i usually play as a male .
    Hypocrites there everywhere... [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~Impossible
  • revnic
    revnic Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This thread is still going strong
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ussichu
    ussichu Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    wertoret wrote: »
    whoa whoa whoa 17 pages on this thread???

what makes it so popular?

I still haven't created my char and am not sure what gender to pick, I always wish they force me to have a gender, such as unique character models (female/male only) so that I don't have to fall into this dilemma.

as the current situation, they give you liberty to pick gender, if I pick male, I'll be staring at a guy's back for god knows how much, if I pick female, well let's say there are more people in my room while I play games.

what would you recommend me?

Gamers will understand if you're female. Sensible people will understand if you give them a good reason (eye candy). Some people hold stereotypes though. Make sure your roomies aren't those people, or don't care what they think.
  • kodama15
    kodama15 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    vorpe wrote: »
    Playing the game i see like 40% (or more) of the chars are women, but i know that less than 5% of game addicts are women, so the obvious conclusion is that are hundreds of men playing female chars, the so called she-males. I play a male Dwarf and a female Vampire, it just feels nice to have that beautiful lady in the middle of our screen. But for social purposes it starts to become really awkward, like when we enter a guild, cause we stop having the female char and start being the female char.

So are you going to play a female char when the game goes open beta? What do you think of a guy that play a female char? How awkward is that on ventrilo or teamspeak?

Im curious to see the answers.

What's up?
    Are characters,we create our character the way we want,
    if we like to play with woman character,on a game you can
    change the character sex,no worry,is just characters,
    but becarefull,some guys can try to steal things from you,
    by using female characters,so,don't be stupid.
  • ursumtl
    ursumtl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'm male IRL.
    Always played females in MMOs , for this simple reason: I don't like looking at a male's a$$ running around for hours and hours. I prefer looking at a woman's ****/****/whatevs while doing whatever in a MMO. Personal preference.
    I never hide I'm a male if someone asks me ingame.Ever.
  • extremejosh88
    edited February 2011
    I play female but not often mostly male. its very weird rping as a female lol since irl im male

also for those ppl stating those ridiculous statistics about how so little females play mmos you would be very surprise at the actual number alot more females play then you think
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A scattered dream
    A far-off memory
  • athenafey
    athenafey Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Ive been playing MMORPGs for 8yrs now. And so far what ive learned is to treat everybody the same. Whether they are male or female, old or young, or whatever social status they are. I find that if you are nice to others they in turn will be nice to you.

Whats important is to learn the class your in and be good at it and others will respect you.

I find toons who tell everyone in game that they are girls is either a real girl who wants to be treated special or a guy playing a prank or just ****. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • extremejosh88
    edited February 2011
    athenafey wrote: »
    Ive been playing MMORPGs for 8yrs now. And so far what ive learned is to treat everybody the same. Whether they are male or female, old or young, or whatever social status they are. I find that if you are nice to others they in turn will be nice to you.

Whats important is to learn the class your in and be good at it and others will respect you.

I find toons who tell everyone in game that they are girls is either a real girl who wants to be treated special or a guy playing a prank or just ****. :D

lol :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A scattered dream
    A far-off memory
  • kerryleblanc
    kerryleblanc Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    Usually I play a guy since that's what I am, but I have learned from playing DOMO and similar types of games that it's best not gender swap, but this time I going to make one of my avatars a female vampire cause they're so hot looking.:D
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm male, and the gender I pick for my characters usually depents on the class I decide to play and the character models each game has. If I play a melee class, I almost always pick a male toon, because it makes sense for a person weilding heavy weapons to be male rather than female. Also, in 95% of MMOs female warriors look like they came straight out of "Queen's Blade", their armor looks completely ridiculous (For those who don't know what "Queen's Blade" is, just google it). Similarly I pick mostly female toons for magic classes, unless male character models models are cooler. I generally try to have an equal number of males and females on my accounts.
    In FW, I wanted to be a vampire from the start, and female was really the only way to go, as all male kindred look weird, and either too feminine or too ugly. I don't really have any problem with the male character models though, they look manly and good-looking enough for me (Probably with the exception of bards, but they still look kinda cool)
    And yes, it's much easier for a guy to get through the whole leveling/farming/grinding process looking at a good looking girl rather than a bloke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Leviath - Lionheart
    Leviath - Lionheart Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I really dont care about gender...
    I'm a woman playing both genders. I just chose male or female about classes and what looks in my opinion better.
    If i dont like the female faces/hairs/gears etc i play a male char and if thers only ugly male faces/hairs/gears i play a girl char thats it xD
    I am the one who has to run around with it, so i just want something to look at xD
    And there are classes which only have one gender.
    Just pick what u like and what u like to play.
    Somehow i really dont like the word "she-male". Its like a bad word for everyone who play the opposite gender. Forced due to class-only-has-one-gender or on purpose.
  • savemefromme
    savemefromme Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    :o
    Help plzz i pla in lionheart Sever. . and the ping goes like 3000ms lowest 500ms is that normal ? im from philippines .
  • acolyte
    acolyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I never really did care what people play and im not about to start.

People can do what ever they want, as long as they follow the rules of the game.

OP, did you know, that in many games, there are females playing males? :D

Btw, you cant really blame them in FW for playing females.. lol Did you see how the male characters look here?
    lol(<-and thats a HUGE laugh btw)
    This game is getting more & more Hostility each day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fashionassassin11
    fashionassassin11 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm a male in real life but for 95% of the times I like to play a female character because I think they are more well made than the male characters and because I find them more beautiful (It's not that they turn me on since I'm **** xD).
    People often mistake me for a girl in games but it's not really anything that bugs me, I just get a nice laugh out of it everytime someone says I'm a girl.
    And frankly I don't care either what gener people choose to play with, they make the decicion because of some good reason they have and I respect it. Where it is to get a free look at **** or if they just find the female characters more fun to play because of the change.
    "He's A Bit New, He's A Bit Cool, He's A Bit ****"

Me, Myself and I:

Venuz (Kindred Vampire)