[Poll] Will you play on a PvP or PvE server?

Comments

• tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I like how PvE people think all of us who roll PvP only do it because we're like those RPKers who gank lowbies questing.

No, some of us actually just want the challenge of being attacked by others, or competing on open world stuff. And it is also fun hunting those RPKers when you get bored.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thornapple
    thornapple Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    lol so many pansies, pvp here
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    konvictus wrote: »
    Let me summarize it ,

PVE Server

1. draenius
    2. pensri
    3. soevil
    4. salpic
    5. hungrynidhoggr
    6. bunnypirates
    7. mayito2009
    8. aerosephane
    9. sozu2121
    10. sanadera
    11. jamiesmith15
    12. ylanday69
    13. francischutney
    14. xselene
    15. katozuma

PVP Server

1. doctoryak
    2. tyanara
    3. drakovongola1
    4. krogger
    5. edi

Seems like lot more ppl like PVE rather then PVP. For me i just cant make up my mind yet , either pvp or pve is okay with me, i need to consider for few more days before i make up my mind.

Cheers,

KinSlayz

A mod(can't remember if it was shelly or death) once said forum only accounts for 10% of the actually game population, not sure if that true or not but im pretty sure pvp and pve percentage will close together if there was census for it, 49% 51% or 47% 53% so which pvp or pve idk u tell me......
  • konvictus
    konvictus Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Mine was sarcastic, remove me from that blaspheme PvE list at once! PvP all the way!

Done.

Can we have more feedback on this post ?

Cheers,

KinSlayZ
  • darkseed
    darkseed Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    katozuma wrote: »
    A mod(can't remember if it was shelly or death) once said forum only accounts for 10% of the actually game population, not sure if that true or not but im pretty sure pvp and pve percentage will close together if there was census for it, 49% 51% or 47% 53% so which pvp or pve idk u tell me......

PWI needed 5 PvE servers (ok maybe 4 as Archo was a mistke), to cover the demand, while it only needed 2 PvP servers to cover that demand.

WoW similarly needed more then double the PvE servers to PvP servers from demand.

Sorry but its been widely tested amongst many MMORPGs, and for Western audiences, the preference tends to be PvE servers > PvP servers by a large majority. (Eastern audiences, such as where this game originates, tends to be culturally the oppisite in this aspect).
  • xreinhart
    xreinhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This is a PvE game. It took us 3 betas to get this **** figured out. Thank god we aren't playing anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    xreinhart wrote: »
    This is a PvE game. It took us 3 betas to get this **** figured out. Thank god we aren't playing anymore.

We? Sorry for my ignorance but who are you talking about?
    phase 4 will have a pvp server so.......
  • edi
    edi Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    yes, PvP servers always have few ppl that likes to gank lower lvls. No comment on them. But they usually get ganked by other higher lvls. So it does make balance in game. On the other hand, what u lose if sumbody pk u? All important things r bound. But rpker will be eventually found by sum1 else and get killed. Also proven rpker will have hard time finding pt for any dungeon. As Shyren said: "some of us actually just want the challenge of being attacked by others, or competing on open world stuff."

Now lets talk about PvE server. In my opinion, PvE servers always have lot more trashtalkers and arogant ppl. Why? Because they can. What u going to do if sumbody constantly KSing u? Call UN forces? Or start trashtalking which in the end will result in changing realm. What u r going to do if ur group started to kill World Boss and then other group shows with good protector and take agro from u? Do u rly think that everybody on PvE servers r rly nice ppl and that u can concentrate on game fully? Sry but the answer is no. On the PvP server there is way to deal with such behaviour. On PvE, u will only "break ur keyboard". Also what is competitive part on PvE server? To have more achivement?

Dont get me wrong, this is just my opinion and experience. Everybody is free to choose but pointing finger on PvP server just because there r always sum rpkers rly makes no sence to me.
  • vampywiz21
    vampywiz21 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PvE Server.
  • slifer445
    slifer445 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PvE all the way :D
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PVP for me 100% :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • redwingpixie
    redwingpixie Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Depends if they add the Blue button from pwi for pve server since i kinda liked that and hated it at same time.

Would be nice to go blue for trade runs but flag up to kill ppl who wanna pvp no innocent ppl doing quests..

i mean all these "pvpers" that post vids of their "ownage" only seem to gank ppll killing mobs and only hit them when the mob has done 50% dmg.

what makes it worse is red hand = nuke id guess al v 30 with red hand could kill a lv 70/80

but id still play a pvp server just coz i get bored easy of pve and mob killing tho if they do what they did on pwi add the safty button i might consider pve however i HATE KSERS!!!!

reason id play a pvp server kill those dam ksers and bots!
    D-D-Disconnect-And-Self-Destruct-One-Bullet-At-A-Time
  • gokil3viathan
    gokil3viathan Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PVE servers are good but I have a feeling that some of the players would get bored or Mentally on Edge and would want to do something drastic. I'm not saying that PVE will be dead or is a bad server to be on, no, i'm just stating out the facts that not all players would still be the PVE mentallity for long. They will look for Intense action, Trembling suspense (questing and feeling a cold chill down your spine), criminal activities, ferocious World-Chat Arguements, seeking Strong guilds to take Revenge on someone who pked you, and more. There is so much drama in a PVP server than a PVE, which makes it more Impacting than doing normal PvP and questing with an "eternal Non-Pk shield" and talking trash and getting away with it and so on.

But anyway, I like both PVP & PVE. It all depends on my mood to choose which one I want to play :)

Oh and Developers, I am one of those people who don't mind letting the Phase 4 PVP server be the same as it was during the 1-3 CBT. I also agree with the fact that if you are under lvl 29 you cannot get pked nor PK anyone till you hit 30. So you are opened to kill or be suddenly killed.
  • keef1988
    keef1988 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Pve for me if server time allows.
    Pve server will have the funner features like guild wars without the ganking and random pk.
    Only thing that sucks about that system currently is the fact pkrs come and ruin the competition lol and that the other guild most of the time just flatout refuses.
    Also if you want to risk being attacked just stay flagged 24/7. I'm sure someone will oblige you with a few pks.
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Depends if they add the Blue button from pwi for pve server since i kinda liked that and hated it at same time.

Would be nice to go blue for trade runs but flag up to kill ppl who wanna pvp no innocent ppl doing quests..

i mean all these "pvpers" that post vids of their "ownage" only seem to gank ppll killing mobs and only hit them when the mob has done 50% dmg.

what makes it worse is red hand = nuke id guess al v 30 with red hand could kill a lv 70/80

but id still play a pvp server just coz i get bored easy of pve and mob killing tho if they do what they did on pwi add the safty button i might consider pve however i HATE KSERS!!!!

reason id play a pvp server kill those dam ksers and bots!

They will have the blue mode from pwi in fw with the same switch system and all.

And no a lvl 30 with red hands couldnt kill a lvl 70/80, infact they couldnt even kill a lvl 50.
    lvl 50 can 1-2 shot them basically, or afk for 5mins while the 30 attempts to pk them. .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    xreinhart wrote: »
    this Is A Pve Game. It Took Us 3 Betas To Get This **** Figured Out. Thank God We Aren't Playing Anymore.

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.- Lol
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • galvayra
    galvayra Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Im going for PvE, i dont like the meaningless pvp that is present in all except a hand full of mmos.

You want real pvp? go play a game where death really means something thats my opinion.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • em0rage
    em0rage Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PVE server??? WAT is dat??? ....i thought the role players and carebears died in WoW...
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    galvayra wrote: »
    Im going for PvE, i dont like the meaningless pvp that is present in all except a hand full of mmos.

You want real pvp? go play a game where death really means something thats my opinion.

Care to explain how getting killed by a monster is any more meaningful a death than a real person?
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • hungrynidhoggr
    hungrynidhoggr Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The goal of the game should be to have fun. Why is it such a big deal where people want to play? If they want to PvE? Fine, they want to enjoy the game with friends and they get a server for it. PvP? That's swell too, you guys have your own servers. I'm sure people will create characters for both servers if they feel the need to. There really shouldn't be a reason for verbally attacking people and calling them carebears or anything. If you're competitive, stop wasting your time trying to troll PvE people and just find the people who'll want to compete with you.
  • drakovongola1
    edited February 2011
    The goal of the game should be to have fun. Why is it such a big deal where people want to play? If they want to PvE? Fine, they want to enjoy the game with friends and they get a server for it. PvP? That's swell too, you guys have your own servers. I'm sure people will create characters for both servers if they feel the need to. There really shouldn't be a reason for verbally attacking people and calling them carebears or anything. If you're competitive, stop wasting your time trying to troll PvE people and just find the people who'll want to compete with you.

Honestly the PvE people are trolling a lot more than the PvP people :/
    PvP Server
  • mayito2009
    edited February 2011

Honestly the PvP people are trolling a lot more than the PvE people

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • redwingpixie
    edited February 2011

i gotta agree there just coz we pick pvp servers doesnt mean we are all no lifers who played WOW xD just kidding WoW is ok..

but srsly not every pvp is a little jerk who trashtalks everyone they kill, just coz those nubs post vids to make their epeens bigger doesnt mean were are like that xD

thats aimed at all the trolls!!!

ontopic: it doesnt matter what u pick u still play the game just one u have less pvp..doesnt mean ur a carebear and the other u can be killed alot more..doesnt mean if ur one going on a killing run that ur a 12 yr jerk with no life...

sadly the sterotypes and those who fill those sterotypes ruin ppls veiws.
  • drakovongola1
    edited February 2011
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    Honestly the PvP people are trolling a lot more than the PvE people

You haven't seen this thread yet, have you?

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=85641
    PvP Server
  • hungrynidhoggr
    hungrynidhoggr Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Alright, alright. Slow it down now. We're not getting anywhere jumping down one another's throats. The only reason back-and-forth's going around is because one person starts, and everyone else follows up. As long as someone compromises somewhere so we can return this topic to how it started, all oughta be fine.

Thanks for the ontopic post, redwing. I'm a PvE player, but I have no qualms or quarrels about PvP. I have friends who like to PvP just as much as PvE, if not more. Most of my PvP experience comes from duels and such, so... I prolly wouldn't be the best in those situations, but I tend to train against friends little by little incase we're ever pulled into a PvP situation.
  • redwingpixie
    edited February 2011
    i think the PVE ppl just got killed alot by those gankers so now they hate any1 and everyone who likes pvp..i mean whats more fun then trying to kill someone..and guess their move while staying alives and times this by how ever many on the field xD

pve is the same uno what mobs will do since their programed so it gets boring but some ppl like that and well thats ur thing just accept the pvpers and dont troll -.-
  • mayito2009
    edited February 2011
    Sadly I have to disagree, the majority of PVP players in this game, I am talking this game until CB3, the majority of the PVP players are PKers not PVP players, when you are doing a quest and you get killed 12 time in less than 10 minutes by 12 different players who went by a remote area where you were killing mobs to finish a quest and every single one of them that passed by from 12 different guilds and each one been level 48-50 when I was level 40 that speaks volume of what kind of players we have in PVP, so dont give me the crab lip service that there is only a handful of PKers, I believe there is a handfull of good PVPers, the vast majority are PKers.

• drakovongola1
    edited February 2011
    It's probably the same people every time.

Usually, it's just a small group of people that go around killing people, but people exagerrate and claim almost everyone does it.

But go ahead, keep thinking everyone who PvPs is a 12 year old jerk. I won't be seeing you in Phase 4/OBT anyway :/
    PvP Server
  • redwingpixie
    edited February 2011
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    Sadly I have to disagree, the majority of PVP players in this game, I am talking this game until CB3, the majority of the PVP players are PKers not PVP players, when you are doing a quest and you get killed 12 time in less than 10 minutes by 12 different players who went by a remote area where you were killing mobs to finish a quest and every single one of them that passed by from 12 different guilds and each one been level 48-50 when I was level 40 that speaks volume of what kind of players we have in PVP, so dont give me the crab lip service that there is only a handful of PKers, I believe there is a handfull of good PVPers, the vast majority are PKers.

think thats coz the big name guilds are offline till part 4 since i never had that problem tho i was ina big name guild so i guess the guild status helps alot.
  • justafriend
    justafriend Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2011

^ This man for president.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <HeartAndSoul> a PVE/RP/RPK clan. heartandsoul.mmoguildsites.com
    We play the game for fun like it was meant to be
    ! Join Us!
    Why do people get so serious over a few 01010101's? *rolls eyes*
This discussion has been closed.