Masteries & Cash Shop

nonfactor12
nonfactor12 Posts: 8 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Cash Shop Huddle
Please explain the connection between masteries, resistances, and the cash shop. I've seen people mention there is a relationship, but I'd like to know what it is. How do you gain masteries? How does 'cash-shopping' make that easier? etc, Thanks.
Post edited by nonfactor12 on

Comments

• octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The cash shop has an item, that you need for a quest, that gives 95% or more of all coin inflation in this game.

Mastery and Resistance "training" is a lvl40+ activity that you can use to boost masteries and resistances by a lot... except that it costs exponentially.

Lv1 costs 1g, Lv2 costs 2g, Lv3 costs 3g, etc etc... so to get lv5 you need 15g. That's not a lot, but it grows more and more. After lv20 of training, it starts to grow by 2 gold units, so for example 22g, 24g, 26g, etc.

Just to get lvl20 it costs 210g I believe.

These massive costs mean that only cash shoppers will have... it will probably take half a year of farming stuff just to SELL it (to cash shoppers, most likely) to even get the max level on one mastery (ignore resistances). Imagine that you'll also need gear, upgrades, gems (which again, cost a shitload of money also, but since all your money goes to mastery training in this example, assuming you sell gems and what not to get that money, you'll be ****ed in the gear department).

High lvl gems are already very very expensive... the last thing this game needed is the super expensive masteries/resistances training.

You won't have much chances against a person with 800+ more mastery and resistances than you... permanent red hand damage (but with no wrath), but also will only receive 1/3 of your damage probably... and this is assuming he has SAME gear... just LOL... imagine if he also has full decked lv5 gems and +12 epic gear.
  • trevtimusprime
    trevtimusprime Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    octarone wrote: »
    The cash shop has an item, that you need for a quest, that gives 95% or more of all coin inflation in this game.

Mastery and Resistance "training" is a lvl40+ activity that you can use to boost masteries and resistances by a lot... except that it costs exponentially.

Lv1 costs 1g, Lv2 costs 2g, Lv3 costs 3g, etc etc... so to get lv5 you need 15g. That's not a lot, but it grows more and more. After lv20 of training, it starts to grow by 2 gold units, so for example 22g, 24g, 26g, etc.

These massive costs mean that only cash shoppers will have... it will probably take half a year of farming stuff just to SELL it (to cash shoppers, most likely) to even get the max level on one mastery (ignore resistances). Imagine that you'll also need gear, upgrades, gems (which again, cost a shitload of money also, but since all your money goes to mastery training in this example, assuming you sell gems and what not to get that money, you'll be ****ed in the gear department).

High lvl gems are already very very expensive... the last thing this game needed is the super expensive masteries/resistances training.

You won't have much chances against a person with 800+ more mastery and resistances than you... permanent red hand damage (but with no wrath), but also will only receive 1/3 of your damage probably... and this is assuming he has SAME gear... just LOL... imagine if he also has full decked lv5 gems and +12 epic gear.

And this is why I laughed @ the people who told me this game would be different and I wouldn't be able P2W like in PWI, Aika etc.

SPOILERS: PWE wants your money more than they want you to have fun.
    CB-Phase 1-4
    I am Snorlax and I will block your path.

DestroyTokyo- Voted best WereBeast on PWI Lost City server <3
  • pimpeh
    pimpeh Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    octarone wrote: »

I'm starting to debate whether I should stick with PWI or not now, this sounded even more p2win than it. Although if they'll at least use all the money they'll get to update the game & fix whatever glitches it might have then I'll probably be willing to charge from time to time myself,even if it's PWE.
  • redwingpixie
    redwingpixie Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    pimpeh wrote: »
    I'm starting to debate whether I should stick with PWI or not now, this sounded even more p2win than it. Although if they'll at least use all the money they'll get to update the game & fix whatever glitches it might have then I'll probably be willing to charge from time to time myself,even if it's PWE.

id rather play a pay to play the way some of these pay to win games are going i mean u pay ur sub and get everything everyone esle gets...pay to win u pay a ton of money and get what no1 esle with get. Hardly fair.

now i know not everyone can pay a monthly bill but personaly u get what u pay for.

im doubting wether FW will keep up with the P2P and F2P games comming out soon its just to pay a lot and beat everyone kinda feels like cheating.
    D-D-Disconnect-And-Self-Destruct-One-Bullet-At-A-Time
  • noamasa
    noamasa Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    id rather play a pay to play the way some of these pay to win games are going i mean u pay ur sub and get everything everyone esle gets...pay to win u pay a ton of money and get what no1 esle with get. Hardly fair.

now i know not everyone can pay a monthly bill but personaly u get what u pay for.

im doubting wether FW will keep up with the P2P and F2P games comming out soon its just to pay a lot and beat everyone kinda feels like cheating.

I agree, I'm jsut looking for a good pay to play game to play. Not WoW though cause I hate the controls. I want to play Diablo 3/ Old Republic/ or DC universe. I do however want to play Berkanix F2P when it comes out.

I know PWE needs money to stay afloat and thats why the CS is there, but to make it like either u pay ALOT and are great or if u dont or pay some but not alot then everyone will **** on you is not fun at all. PWE F2P games cost 20x as much as P2P games. From what im hearing this game will make Jade dynasty look inexpensive when it takes near 800 bucks to get a full +8 set from scratch if lucky enough to get to +7 then use the sigil in jd. Masteries will make that seem like chump change lol. And dont get me wrong I spent alot on JD, 2 chars with full +8 sets before i quit. So dont take me as a cheap skate.

Some company needs to come out with a game like FW/Jade dynasty but make it P2P and the fans will be alot happier.
  • noamasa
    noamasa Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Pwe games are pretty much only enjoyable in CB and the start of OB, then it all goes to hell and all the excitement that was built up over their game is diminished and gamers, that are not rich as hell and have money to burn, go look for another game to play or go back to games like diablo/WoW/starcraft.
  • nightingale8
    nightingale8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The idea of paying to level up mastery/resistance is just an invitation for heavy cash shoppers to p2w. I'm sure we'll see quite a number of players with max mastery/resistance at their level in open beta very early in the game. Since these will stay as you level up , cash shoppers will get them as early as possible.

The degree of p2w in FW will be much worse than in PWI. If only they made mastery/resistance leveling quest base instead of coins , FW will last much longer for non heavy cash shopper but competitive players.
  • penumakron
    penumakron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    So I have a question on said topic...I just hit lvl 40 so I do not know much about Mastery and resistance training, but I know that I was able to make over 100 gold in game in 2 weeks without spending a single dollar in the CS, selling items in game and doing the midas touch and carnival quests. In order to get the statues to do Midas Touch I just use the gold gained to buy leaves, since yes you do need leaves to get those statues So in essence it would probably take a long time but you could in theory get there but not spending much if any real money in the CS

Comments?
  • wtfnoavailablenames
    wtfnoavailablenames Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    So, how high can you go in the training? Perhaps there is a cap? Cause from what Ive read, ppl havent got that high yet?
    Empty
  • nonfactor12
    edited February 2011
    Thanks Octarone, et al for the explanation.
  • mk16
    mk16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    And this is why I laughed @ the people who told me this game would be different and I wouldn't be able P2W like in PWI, Aika etc.

By the way, how is your title Cash Shop Pro?

Spending $5000 gets a custom title? lol
    Banned for no reason on -two- accounts, thanks PWE
  • trevtimusprime
    edited February 2011
    mk16 wrote: »
    By the way, how is your title Cash Shop Pro?

Spending $5000 gets a custom title? lol

5 grand for each word.
    CB-Phase 1-4

• nonfactor12
    edited February 2011
    So Trev, which class are you gonna spend your bucks on in OB?
  • trevtimusprime
    edited February 2011
    So Trev, which class are you gonna spend your bucks on in OB?

Protector.
    CB-Phase 1-4

• octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    If only they made mastery/resistance leveling quest base instead of coins , FW will last much longer for non heavy cash shopper but competitive players.
    +100000000

Making it money based is beyond lame. It's **** poor.
  • wolfhunter94
    wolfhunter94 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    penumakron wrote: »
    So I have a question on said topic...I just hit lvl 40 so I do not know much about Mastery and resistance training, but I know that I was able to make over 100 gold in game in 2 weeks without spending a single dollar in the CS, selling items in game and doing the midas touch and carnival quests. In order to get the statues to do Midas Touch I just use the gold gained to buy leaves, since yes you do need leaves to get those statues So in essence it would probably take a long time but you could in theory get there but not spending much if any real money in the CS

Comments?
    uhm... incase u didnt notice: Before the start of CB3 (no cash shop and no midas) lv. 40 arena set wep was at 4-5g. 1 week after cb3 (with cash shop) the price was at 20g+. i sold the complete prot. arena set (which sucks) for 70g in one night.... or to sum it up. the amount of money u made in cb2 using the exact same way would have been 20g at best. And i only 10% of the ppl will cash shop at best. so it means that it will take a while for the prices to go up that much. sure u would be able to get the money eventually... after like a year of playing.... well good luck with that. cant wait for gw2 :P
  • nightingale8
    nightingale8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    penumakron wrote: »

Comments?

Maybe 2 years later , you'll have what someone that cashshop heavily had 1year 10months ago. I'm quite sure there will be few guys running around with lvl 20 mastery/resistance at lvl 40 character. lvl 40 mastery/resistance once they get to buy enough items. lvl 60 mastery/resistance once they get to lvl 50 character and so on.
    Enjoy trying to kill these guys when their resistance will totally negate your mastery and their mastery damage will totally own you like a perma red hands.
  • justafriend
    justafriend Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    To the people on this topic that talk **** about PWE not being fair or whatever your quams may be with the company.

Why do you bother to still come to the forums, play their games, and give your input? When you know that 9/10 its going to get ignored and the CS/F2P will continue unhindered by your complaining and what not. There are plenty of other F2P games out there for people. (most with CS, besides RS)

If had as much of a problem with this game as so many people here seem to have, then I wouldn't play, plain and simple. The fact is that 99% of F2P games have a CS. 90% of CS's have CS only items. So CS's and CS only items are a bit hard to get away from.

I never cash shop yet i've never had a problem in the F2P's that I play keeping up with Cash Shoppers, even coming in long after beta. I also play P2P's with my wife and friends so its not like I'm some cheapskate complaining.

Been doing this since EverQuest beta so I'm not new to MMO's at all.

I'm just genuinely curious as to why so many people that obviously hate PWE consistently troll the forums and any "anti CS/PWE" thread they can, when they can very easily go elsewhere.

Anyone? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <HeartAndSoul> a PVE/RP/RPK clan. heartandsoul.mmoguildsites.com
    We play the game for fun like it was meant to be
    ! Join Us!
    Why do people get so serious over a few 01010101's? *rolls eyes*
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    To the people on this topic that talk **** about PWE not being fair or whatever your quams may be with the company.

Why do you bother to still come to the forums, play their games, and give your input? When you know that 9/10 its going to get ignored and the CS/F2P will continue unhindered by your complaining and what not. There are plenty of other F2P games out there for people. (most with CS, besides RS)

If had as much of a problem with this game as so many people here seem to have, then I wouldn't play, plain and simple. The fact is that 99% of F2P games have a CS. 90% of CS's have CS only items. So CS's and CS only items are a bit hard to get away from.

I never cash shop yet i've never had a problem in the F2P's that I play keeping up with Cash Shoppers, even coming in long after beta. I also play P2P's with my wife and friends so its not like I'm some cheapskate complaining.

I'm just genuinely curious as to why so many people that obviously hate PWE consistently troll the forums and any "anti CS/PWE" thread they can, when they can very easily go elsewhere.

Anyone? o.o
    Well I personally like FW the most out of all recent MMOs (I mean the atmosphere, setting, and some gameplay features), I am not a fan of WoW / Rift and I also do not like many of GW2's features especially those that make it more "carebear" and less competitive on the open map.

So obviously, I get mad and pissed that they ruin it with mastery training, it still baffles me why they had to make it only a $$$$ dump and on top of it being extremely expensive - when they could just make it to do some tough challenging quests/trials to improve your masteries/resistances as it should be.

It is actually kinda obvious that the people who complain are also people who like the game, isn't it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Hm... yeah, I'm only leveling it (sort of) because I got the free leaves to do Midas' Touch.

Perhaps a better alternative is having it cost more in soul coins plus those thingies that you get from doing the coin quests. I don't know what they are called but the element items. Then again, you'd probably see people buying those items at ridiculous prices in the end... :)

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited February 2011

People like their game, so their fighting for its survival and to make its better FYI

If you dont cashop you WILL NOT be able to keep up, even if you dont eat and sleep you will fail keeping up with them lol. A cashopper could get a max level mastery within a month if they chose to, as a minimum on the other hand you would have to be farming/selling for over 6months to accomplish the same thing. You must be new to PWE, their form of cashop differs from other companies with a sense of decency.

Anyone? o.o

Really if you think you can keep up. . think again. Go look at their last lead game PWI its pretty dead because of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • verismorbid
    verismorbid Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Really if you think you can keep up. . think again. Go look at their last lead game PWI its pretty dead because of it.

I respect the ways of becoming a great player, but even more importantly I look forward to actually having fun. Even if it takes longer to get there, at least the journey will have been a blast on the way. That's what is important to me. It won't necessarily die simply because some are a bit too competitive, not all are.
  • suny24
    suny24 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I play free mmorpg with out spending any money at all and even if getting a good pvp character takes long time I usually play for the fun dungeons and instance togheter with other people because thats what makes it fun. And it's not like people actually will start asking for only "cash shopping players" in need of party mebers so......
    I will enjoy FW anyway, if you want to complain about who expensive it is ,well then you haven't grasped the contents of FW.
  • npramirez
    npramirez Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2011

People are so stupid. ^^^^^^

YES, PWE IS A COMPANY. YES, PWE NEEDS MONEY.
    YOU WILL NEVER, I REPEAT, NEVER FIND A FREE-TO-PLAY GAME THAT DOESN'T GIVE PAYING PLAYERS AN ADVANTAGE. IS THIS FUKCING SURPRISING TO YOU? IF YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY, DON'T PLAY VIDEO GAMES! GO GET A FUKCING JOB, YOU IDIOT. IF YOU ARE TOO YOUNG TO GET A JOB, FOCUS ON MIDDLE SCHOOL SO ONE DAY YOU CAN GET A JOB! ARGH, ARE PEOPLE THAT PLAY FW REALLY THAT FUKCING STUPID?! ARE THERE SO FEW OF US THAT UNDERSTAND THAT PWE IS A COMPANY, AND COMPANIES HAVE TO PAY THEIR EMPLOYEES TO PRODUCE A DECENT GAME?

LISTEN!

IF A PLAYER WHO IS "DECKED OUT IN CS ITEMS" KILLS YOU, I WANT YOU TO MESSAGE HIM AND SAY "HEY BUDDY, THANKS FOR PAYING FOR THIS GAME THAT MY SELFESS, 10-YEAR-OLD FUKCING A$$ PLAYS FOR FREE. YOU'RE A REAL LIFE SAVER".
  • wingsss
    wingsss Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    What percentage of the future FW community don't work a minimum wage job, if they even have one. Probably 3%?

What percentage of the FW community have extremely rich parents? less than 1%?

And do you know how boring a game gets once you become the most powerful player around with every possible item in the game? It get's boring and you quit. We have nothing to fear.
  • justafriend
    justafriend Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    wingsss wrote: »
    And do you know how boring a game gets once you become the most powerful player around with every possible item in the game? It get's boring and you quit. We have nothing to fear.

You must not know Trev or all the other P2W players that have been playing for years at the top lmao. In this and in other games. Thats like saying if you buy a ps3 and all the games for it (leveling up and mad weapons) that you will give up because you have everything and its boring. Fail

But you probably wont believe me, but you'll see lol. Hasn't changed for years, wont change anytime soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <HeartAndSoul> a PVE/RP/RPK clan. heartandsoul.mmoguildsites.com
    We play the game for fun like it was meant to be
    ! Join Us!
    Why do people get so serious over a few 01010101's? *rolls eyes*
  • kayurin
    kayurin Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Actually I think it's doable as long you dont focus on PvP. Mind you, I speak on a small experience about P2P and F2P games.

Rolling PvE is way cheaper and usually there may even no need for CS stuff, while PvP is a different matter. Fun thing is that even in P2P games, to get the "edge" on PvP you have to pay, to RMTs, but still have to play.

I saw it happen on Diablo 2, Aion, WoW. Sites that sells, items, cash, people that complete quests in two days because they pay real money for game coins so to buy what's a week worth of grinding. Hell, I even saw people selling their "honor" points from PvP for real money.

So eh, if you want to get edge in PvP you have to pay real cash anyway. F2P games simply take advantage of it and score the money for themselves. Point has to be made that PWE games lack of the open presence of Real Money Traders.

PS: I play mostly F2P just because P2P ones are usually region locked and being from EU I can play with my US friends mostly that way.

PS: Darkmarauder, noticed your guild name. Italian by any chance?
  • godcrusher
    godcrusher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Ofc they going to want your money, you having a good time ain't gonna pay their bills or buy them that new car they wanted or send their kids to college.

It's just the reality of F2P, you can join them or gank them. D: