Men playing with female chars

1246712

Comments

  • madampewpew
    madampewpew Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    vorpe wrote: »
    Playing the game i see like 40% (or more) of the chars are women, but i know that less than 5% of game addicts are women, so the obvious conclusion is that are hundreds of men playing female chars, the so called she-males. I play a male Dwarf and a female Vampire, it just feels nice to have that beautiful lady in the middle of our screen. But for social purposes it starts to become really awkward, like when we enter a guild, cause we stop having the female char and start being the female char.

    So are you going to play a female char when the game goes open beta? What do you think of a guy that play a female char? How awkward is that on ventrilo or teamspeak?

    Im curious to see the answers.

    You really have no way of knowing who or what is on the other side of any keyboard on the internet, I suggest that you are assuming too much and that your %'s are wrong based on your personal assumptions, and you would be surprised as to how many women play these games.

    You cannot base your numbers just by who you know or who you have ever played games with or vent or any such thing, because there are MILLIONS AND MILLIONS who play these games, I suggest your numbers are incorrect.

    Even a huge gaming company would have difficulty determining this because even their subscriptions hold member data which is false, men/women pretending to sign up as men/women. This info isn't really verified.

    I think that is a very difficult thing to do, even isp's would have difficulty determining that issue because a lot of it cannot or never is verified.

    Just my opinion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Your lips move, but I can't hear what your saying.
  • marcmagi
    marcmagi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    hey... the reason for me to play with a female char is... like in PW when you ned help from other player and your with a male char, you can wait a long time before getting it. With the female one you get help much faster.... even faster if you gives her very BIG ATTRIBUTES LOL.... thats it men!!!! But i never tried to mystify anyone by saying that i was a woman... if someone ask me im telling the truth.... Sure that a lot of poeple think the same way.... tk
  • shadowedlight
    shadowedlight Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    marcmagi wrote: »
    hey... the reason for me to play with a female char is... like in PW when you ned help from other player and your with a male char, you can wait a long time before getting it. With the female one you get help much faster.... even faster if you gives her very BIG ATTRIBUTES LOL.... thats it men!!!! But i never tried to mystify anyone by saying that i was a woman... if someone ask me im telling the truth.... Sure that a lot of poeple think the same way.... tk

    It's funny, but my experience was the absolute opposite.

    Playing a female, I was often accused of being male, and if I stated otherwise, I was lying and trying to get free stuff (which I never did; I even turned down a lot of gifts). I was also patronized a lot and generally treated pretty badly by male players, except by people I knew or the occasional friendly person. Guys playing girls were much nicer to me than guys playing guys, who mostly just hit on me, accused me of lying or treated me like a cold beach for not responding to their advances.

    Playing a male character, I was always treated like I was competent, when people gave me stuff it never came with this feeling of "good, now you owe me", nor did I feel I was leading anyone on, I wasn't accused of lying about my gender... it was a lot more pleasant. The only thing I found annoying was that another female friend I played with was often hit on, so she used the "this is my boyfriend" excuse and hid behind me a lot, which made one guy stalk and raeg at me, and then continuously follow and harass my friend and challenging me to fights every few minutes, no matter how many times I destroyed him. It was pretty sad, but also pretty funny. +1 for playing a dude.
  • mehez
    mehez Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    It's funny, but my experience was the absolute opposite.

    Playing a female, I was often accused of being male, and if I stated otherwise, I was lying and trying to get free stuff (which I never did; I even turned down a lot of gifts). I was also patronized a lot and generally treated pretty badly by male players, except by people I knew or the occasional friendly person. Guys playing girls were much nicer to me than guys playing guys, who mostly just hit on me, accused me of lying or treated me like a cold beach for not responding to their advances.

    Playing a male character, I was always treated like I was competent, when people gave me stuff it never came with this feeling of "good, now you owe me", nor did I feel I was leading anyone on, I wasn't accused of lying about my gender... it was a lot more pleasant. The only thing I found annoying was that another female friend I played with was often hit on, so she used the "this is my boyfriend" excuse and hid behind me a lot, which made one guy stalk and raeg at me, and then continuously follow and harass my friend and challenging me to fights every few minutes, no matter how many times I destroyed him. It was pretty sad, but also pretty funny. +1 for playing a dude.
    Orange: that is just creepy ._.!
    Hypocrites there everywhere... [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]




    ~Impossible
  • shadowedlight
    shadowedlight Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    mehez wrote: »
    Orange: that is just creepy ._.!

    Haha, yeah, especially since he started off as a very nice newbie questing with us on our low level alts. He also followed us into town for about 15 minutes, speaking in public: "Im gunna marry you..." again and again, whispering, pm-ing...
    It really creeped us out at the time, but we've sort of come to laugh at it now.
  • betch
    betch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm a guy and have most oftentimes played female characters, because they're just more pleasant to look at. Not in the sense of "No homo, I play female chars because I like staring down on that **** on screen!" No. That's pathetic if someone gives you that excuse.

    It's just a different feel, and plus the armors usually fit them better.

    When I do get referred to as a she just correct them and laugh at myself, it's a great conversation starter :p.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Sheik
    Class: Bard
    Guild: Immortals
  • nephan
    nephan Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I play males, cause I lurve starin at dat **** all day.

    But srsly, I feel like I'm being solicited a lot when I pick a female character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lethalblaze
    lethalblaze Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    You really have no way of knowing who or what is on the other side of any keyboard on the internet, I suggest that you are assuming too much and that your %'s are wrong based on your personal assumptions, and you would be surprised as to how many women play these games.

    You cannot base your numbers just by who you know or who you have ever played games with or vent or any such thing, because there are MILLIONS AND MILLIONS who play these games, I suggest your numbers are incorrect.

    Even a huge gaming company would have difficulty determining this because even their subscriptions hold member data which is false, men/women pretending to sign up as men/women. This info isn't really verified.

    I think that is a very difficult thing to do, even isp's would have difficulty determining that issue because a lot of it cannot or never is verified.

    Just my opinion

    Thats totally true there :)
  • ladytsunade3
    ladytsunade3 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    smokebeast wrote: »
    I don't care about a guy playing as a female character because I often play as male character and I'm a girl. Come on this is role playing game no one can't be forced to play as his/her RL gender.


    I love playing Guys.. i make them all femmy xD
  • kris12321
    kris12321 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well im a girl and when i play fem. char. i usually get help faster and i have seen when i mess up at something i always get the its fine we'll just try again where as the same group if a male messed up they were yelled at and even booted out of the party. i mean i know i got the occasional creep that kept asking "will you be my girlfriend" but hey if i can use my fem character to get stuff done im ok with that.
    Race/Class: Kindred Vampire and Elves Priest
    Guild: Undecided

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heychowder
    heychowder Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    kris12321 wrote: »
    Well im a girl and when i play fem. char. i usually get help faster and i have seen when i mess up at something i always get the its fine we'll just try again where as the same group if a male messed up they were yelled at and even booted out of the party. i mean i know i got the occasional creep that kept asking "will you be my girlfriend" but hey if i can use my fem character to get stuff done im ok with that.

    Thanks for the Tip!;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arasato
    arasato Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I don't mind guys playing as girl characters. Although I also tend to naturally assume the player is the same gender as their char, unless told otherwise. I'm female and most often play as males. It gets rid of many of the random stalking creeps, and even that way, I can befriend people who want to know me for ME and not for my character's chest. Plus, I like the way their armor looks on them. And they look nice...
  • fivestarfreddie
    fivestarfreddie Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I play both male and female characters, I agree with original post most femtoons running around in the games are guys, it's just the way it is... I have played online games for years and it was never strange or uncommon, I would suggest asking if the person, if they are a real male or female, but why are you trying to find everlasting love on a mmo? I mean it can happen but let it, don't let this place be your meat market, it's just a chat room with visuals ;)

    I am always down for good friends, males, female, this and that's!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ninja6
    ninja6 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Im a guy and currently playing a female because its ~eye-candy~ i just prefer having a girl in the screen more however.. i mostly play guy since playing a girl is awkward wen talking to other players xD
    Though i do find it normal for guys to play fem. chars unless they lead me on soo yea, Lol
    JK


    Im not crazy, im Looney ;)
    Heavenly Officer
    Apply now at heavenlyguild.mmoguildsites.com we're built for pve ;)
    Storm Server ~ PVE
    SirLooney ~ Human - Assassin
    LollipopSwirl ~ Dwarve - Marksman
    MsAlice ~ Kindred - Vamp
  • pizzblack
    pizzblack Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    xreinhart wrote: »
    I like how the title of the thread was "Men playing with female chars" instead of "Men playing as female characters."

    I see.

    All u dudez playin wit gurls in ur pixel fantasies. >=l

    Nasty.

    Too busy looking at the pixels and you missed that dating site ad, RIGHT IN YOUR FACE.
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

    There once was a BlackCard...~
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'm a guy, so I play as male characters, as long as the class I want isn't female only (Venomancers in PWI...).

    The main reason being that I'm not ****, and don't like it when scary pedophilic men with no life hit on my character >_>
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • pizzblack
    pizzblack Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'm a guy, so I play as male characters, as long as the class I want isn't female only (Venomancers in PWI...).

    The main reason being that I'm not ****, and don't like it when scary pedophilic men with no life hit on my character >_>

    **** has got nothing to really do with it.

    Though the obivious man will say that.

    I do not really know but it's definitely something deep rooted in their psyche, whether they

    are perverts or something else. =p
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

    There once was a BlackCard...~
  • revnic
    revnic Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'm a guy, so I play as male characters, as long as the class I want isn't female only (Venomancers in PWI...).

    The main reason being that I'm not ****, and don't like it when scary pedophilic men with no life hit on my character >_>

    I don't understand what **** has to do with man playing female character, do you feel **** when you play with female character?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hidden30
    hidden30 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well personally, I think they made the female players look better. I am a female, but when I did try to make a male character in their other games, they look so... ill shaped and weird, especially the male elves -.-. They need to improve the shapes of their male characters.
    "Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • heychowder
    heychowder Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    revnic wrote: »

    I don't understand what **** has to do with man playing female character, do you feel **** when you play with female character?

    Its funny, there should be nothing **** about it, afterall i didn't feel that way one bit when i played all the Tomb Raider series since 92 and Bayonetta.

    I think some people feel a little **** because of the gender option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • revnic
    revnic Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    heychowder wrote: »
    Its funny, there should be nothing **** about it, afterall i didn't feel that way one bit when i played all the Tomb Raider series since 92 and Bayonetta.

    I think some people feel a little **** because of the gender option.


    Yea I know, that's why I'm asking him if he feels **** because, I like to see a sweat **** when I'm playing the game.

    If they feel **** of gender option that's wrong very wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heychowder
    heychowder Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    revnic wrote: »

    ...
    If they feel **** of gender option that's wrong very wrong.

    Yes it is very wrong, totally agree. who ever feels that way needs to be smacked on the butt by the their gender. lol Kiddin'

    But don't forget cultural background and general environment. Some people can't really play Avatar Roles on the internet because they want to somewhat portray themselves. But alone, they might.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • revnic
    revnic Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    heychowder wrote: »
    Yes it is very wrong, totally agree. who ever feels that way needs to be smacked on the butt by the their gender. lol Kiddin'

    But don't forget cultural background and general environment. Some people can't really play Avatar Roles on the internet because they want to somewhat portray themselves. But alone, they might.

    Or !!!!! they are afraid that playing with a female char will bring them out. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    revnic wrote: »

    I don't understand what **** has to do with man playing female character, do you feel **** when you play with female character?

    No, that's not what I meant.

    I meant it feels wierd when I run through a town or something and men come and hit on me.


    Probably coulda worded that a little better...

    I have no problem with playing female characters, I've played Resident Evil and Tomb Raider for as long as I can remember, I do however have a problem with men hitting on me because they see a female avatar.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • killaws
    killaws Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    well if a guy didnt play a female character, thats questioning their sexuality. i dont mind women playing male characters. i love to play female characters.
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    killaws wrote: »
    well if a guy didnt play a female character, thats questioning their sexuality. i dont mind women playing male characters. i love to play female characters.

    So, playing as a male character means I'm questioning my sexuality?

    Gee, I never thought of that, thank you Dr. Phil! -_-
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Wow why does this remind me of Mass effect...made a female character, for some reason it felt weird when I got her to pursue a relationship with a guy so I turn her into to a.....................which felt mentally easier to do, moving on

    Men(some) will tend to play female character some by choice some by force
    by force what do you mean? PWI venomancer all female face, if you want to reap the benefits of veno you go no choice over gender seeing as venos are only females.

    the situation can go with women as well

    does it mean the person is **** for playing something outside their gender...Um No! its a freaking game nothing else. Please tell how a game can decide some1 sexuality? It can't, only one who can do that is you yourself.

    Said my two-cents peace....surprise this topic is still open, well it does show "freedom to express your opinion"
  • francischutney
    francischutney Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Being a female character is great! You can get free stuff from the males, and they treat you better, and you can get away with things easier.

    Why doesn't anyone say anything about women playing male characters? Nobody cares about that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~I very much enjoy this lovely game and wonderful people here~
  • moonsmasher
    moonsmasher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011

    @francischutney
    you say that like it's a good thing that people are so biased..

    ..and seriously, it makes someone **** to not play the opposite gender?
    who cares who plays what, it's a game, not real life. debating it is pointless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ムーンスマシャー
  • fusionultima
    fusionultima Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011

    @francischutney
    you say that like it's a good thing that people are so biased..

    ..and seriously, it makes someone **** to not play the opposite gender?
    who cares who plays what, it's a game, not real life. debating it is pointless.
    I Think It's ****, As In Like; Cross-Dressing Makes You ****~

    And The "Being Hit On By Big Sweaty Men" Helps Too.


    Personally: I'll Play A Female Healer, But For Old Saying That "Nobody Wants To Get Healing-Touched By A Dude"

    Aside From That I Play My Own Gender, Better To Avoid The Awkwardness Of Said Big Sweaty Men Trying To Get In Your Armor~
    Seriously, Don't Ask About The Caps. It's A Habit. If It Bothers You, Disregard My Posts.