Login/update/ireinstall confusion.

justinatest
justinatest Posts: 12 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Technical Support Zone
I haven't played FW since about a week after CBT phase 1 started. I semi-enjoyed it/kinda didn't like it, so I put it aside. I'm now trying to log back in and play again.

I opened FW and tried to log on, but it told me I had an old version. So I came to the FW main page and waited two hours for it to download again. I loaded it up, tried to log on....same message.

Then I noticed on the loader itself it says, "Version Code 0.1.11, Update server in maintenance. Please try later." I looked around on the forum and found no posted server/update maintenance times, so I just assume that the servers are working fine right now and there are thousands of people online right now playing.

Since it wouldn't auto-update, I figured I'd check out the patches and see if I could manually patch it and get it running. I downloaded what appeared to be the two latest patches, 2.17 and 3.8. Clicked on the patches button, selected the patch, and then get an error message that says, "Update failed. Please use an update of a older version." Same message appears when I try either patch.

I've read the trouble shooting things, I've looked at all the threads and stickys on the forum, and I went and checked out that link that is in the admin's sig which did nothing to help me.

So...what do I do?
Post edited by justinatest on

Comments

• justinatest
    edited February 2011
    *double post*

well, to whom it may concern ...

i fixed the problem by clicking verifying and waiting 20 minutes for it to....well, verify itself, I guess.

I've been playing for five minutes now, and yeah...I remember why I lost interest so quickly the last time. The game looks good, but as soon as you start trying to move/interact/fight/talk it's like wading through a sea of frozen asparagus.
  • justafriend
    justafriend Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    it's like wading through a sea of frozen asparagus.

How so? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <HeartAndSoul> a PVE/RP/RPK clan. heartandsoul.mmoguildsites.com
    We play the game for fun like it was meant to be
    ! Join Us!
    Why do people get so serious over a few 01010101's? *rolls eyes*
  • justinatest
    edited February 2011
    I don't think I really need to explain. The game play is slow and cramped, not conducive to fast-paced PvP.