Realm / layer hopping.

2»

Comments

• mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Eliminate PK and you dont need Realm hopping.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • th30ry
    th30ry Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Red names will channel hop the most.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mk16
    mk16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    Eliminate PK and you dont need Realm hopping.

You have your crappy pve server. use it and shut up
    th30ry wrote: »
    Red names will channel hop the most.

Maybe. But PKers are the ones concerned about this so...
    Banned for no reason on -two- accounts, thanks PWE
  • mayito2009
    edited February 2011
    mk16 wrote: »
    You have your crappy pve server. use it and shut up

Maybe. But PKers are the ones concerned about this so...

I forgot you are one of those babies that the bulklies stole their lunch money and come to the internet to be big bad **** pker lol attacking lowbies so you can get your red big abussive title, look at me how tough I am....:D :eek:

you-fail-1.jpg

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • justafriend
    justafriend Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Who cares guys?

Let the PVE people PVE and the PKs PK. Isn't that what makes games like these fun?

For example: I'm a PVE addict and I have been for a while, and i enjoy going somewhere and minding my business and having some random PK that Ive never seen try to, or succeed in PKing me and the battle or chase that it will inevitably come from that.

My wife on the other hand, is a 100% PVP but mainly PK type of player who instance hops, logs in and out on alt PK's between kills, etc and she loves finding people to kill and that is a viable play style. The same goes for PVE. If it wasn't meant to be that way then we wouldn't be able to do it.

Layer Hopping always comes with games that have multiple channels on multiple servers.
    So why fret the small stuff? :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <HeartAndSoul> a PVE/RP/RPK clan. heartandsoul.mmoguildsites.com
    We play the game for fun like it was meant to be
    ! Join Us!
    Why do people get so serious over a few 01010101's? *rolls eyes*
  • mayito2009
    edited February 2011
    Justafriend are you going to runa PVE guild when OB opens?

• tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Here a good example on how 1 pker screws the whole game for many players

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24xIlnejvPM
    Some of those were pretty dumb though, I bet there were more smart ones too like the last instance shown, but just not recorded.

I mean seriously wtf I saw the same people that got PKd in Tomb of Glory, join again and then again, but still buffing the trolls and staying there as the PKers kill them? Seriously...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I forgot you are one of those babies that the bulklies stole their lunch money and come to the internet to be big bad **** pker lol attacking lowbies so you can get your red big abussive title, look at me how tough I am....:D :eek:

We get it, you PvE players are gods, and we PvPers are little children who got bullied.

Oh almighty PvE players, we are not worthy of thinne glory and grace, shame us nno more by thy presence, leave our inferior topic about PvP, leave us to squander in our inferiority, we can take thine holy presence no longer!
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • justafriend
    justafriend Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Justafriend are you going to runa PVE guild when OB opens?
    We've been playing both Chinese & NA beta so feel free to join us at the url in my sig. = ]

Oh almighty PvE players, we are not worthy of thinne glory and grace, shame us nno more by thy presence, leave our inferior topic about PvP, leave us to squander in our inferiority, we can take thine holy presence no longer!

Even tho im a PVE/PVP and I like PVE better, THAT was freakin hilarious.

I got a good laugh here at work.

For the record PVE and PVP are equal in "fun-ness" . . . so I ask . . .

WHY MUST ALL MY BRETHREN FIGHT AMONGST THEMSELVES!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <HeartAndSoul> a PVE/RP/RPK clan. heartandsoul.mmoguildsites.com
    We play the game for fun like it was meant to be
    ! Join Us!
    Why do people get so serious over a few 01010101's? *rolls eyes*
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well it seems to be what the PvE people in this topic think >_>

*Looks at Friend's sig*

"We play the game for fun like it was meant to be"

Blasphemy!
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • skyepersona
    skyepersona Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Why are you in this thread insulting people? You PvE players will be receiving a PvE server so stop making fun of PvPers. Like countless people have already said, most people who play on PvP servers are really nice, as opposed to most PvE players I've encountered such as yourself who are just really ignorant D-Bags.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • francischutney
    francischutney Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well I don't really know about this "Realms", but I am just concerned about if you can choose which Realm you want to go in? Does each Realm has a little name, and says the population level in that realm (Full, High, Medium, Low) and you get to pick which one you want to enter? Is that how it works? Can you still switch realms to go see your friend in the other realm, right? I don't PvP, so I don't care if it messes up PvPing. In fact, it is quite a good escape technique, if I find a rotten person attacking me I will switch realms :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~I very much enjoy this lovely game and wonderful people here~
  • sinnersrangels
    sinnersrangels Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    /doesn't care enough to post anything more than this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MY CB2 SKILL ICON
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Something will be done knowing PWE Marketing look at PWI the TW is going back to its glory days. It doesn't take monkey with no brains to tell you that mirages and rank metal sucks compare to actual Money.
  • mk16
    mk16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    katozuma wrote: »
    Something will be done knowing PWE Marketing look at PWI the TW is going back to its glory days. It doesn't take monkey with no brains to tell you that mirages and rank metal sucks compare to actual Money.

No it's not... gonna be the same ****, guilds who spent $4000 on each member come out on top.

The landowners would have a much larger advantage due to the money they recieved.

Free to pay (that's right, it's not a typo), sell your car to win.
    Banned for no reason on -two- accounts, thanks PWE
  • verismorbid
    verismorbid Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I also agree that there should not be realms on a PvP server. Aside from cutting lag it's rather pointless. Another thing I noticed was someone saying that there is no motivation on PvE servers because, why? You're wrong. There are monsters on games such as this one that, without the motivation for better EQ you will get your **** handed to you on a silver platter by certain mobs. And even more-so, bosses. But I do believe that there is MORE motivation on PvP servers. And they are just all-around more fun. :P

Also: If I was getting MY **** handed to me on PvP...I wouldn't run, I would man up and admit defeat.
    Because A: It's just a game, B: It's not like I lose anything, and if I did (which I don't believe I would) I could just gain it back. Simple as that.
  • katozuma
    edited February 2011
    mk16 wrote: »
    No it's not... gonna be the same ****, guilds who spent $4000 on each member come out on top.

The landowners would have a much larger advantage due to the money they recieved.

Free to pay (that's right, it's not a typo), sell your car to win.

****-Rules-Get-Money.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Seto-Kaiba

Thats how pwe always work since since......sometime
  • crabclaw
    crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    One of the main things we're going to be looking at is how channels are populated during Phase 4. The number of channels on a server is something I've communicated very clearly with the higher ups as a thing that needs to be closely monitored.

We have complete control over the number of channels a server can contain, and it is definitely possible to alter them based off how game play is unfolding on a server by server basis. We're launching all servers with 10, monitoring how things go, and then we'll look at tweaking channel numbers depending on feedback/our findings.
  • katozuma
    edited February 2011
    PvPers probably rather have server with no channels or server with channels where realm hopping is impossible/not allowed

pve'ers could care less long as they get to play.

me idc....guess what that make me?

since your here why.... well i go ask this question in the other thread.
  • mayito2009
    edited February 2011
    The bad side of PVP (PK), I used to play RoM and I am very laid back by nature so Im love PVE no PVP, but I decided in RoM to join PVP to check it out, guess what happened? There were like 6 players in the whole server while the PVE was full of players. Many of the PVP players got tired of the ganking and moved back to the PVE why I asked them. The main answer and this was very common answer, the few top players in PVP were kids whose daddies gave them credit card access and were pumping like 5 grands into the game so they could get the best gear ever, what happened they end ruinning the game for the players who loved PVP, guess what the same can happen here, so it is not that we are gods or any crab like that it is just the point of PKer$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ against regular Joes and Janes who work or ahve to study a lot and cant afford aton of $$$$$$$$$$ to get top gear. I like the system in AO where they have arenas where you can compete everyday against other players within a 10 level range above/below your level. You can compete like 7 times everytime the arena opens and each time is against diff players, a system like that avoid the PKs and lets all players play in one server. they had PK ingame but only when there were nation wars and by the way those made some nice battles. It was nice because when you had those cnations wars your enemies were shown as red, so you could go and PK them freely, but you couldn't PK white players. So if you didnt want to be part of the nations war you just needed to be aware of the red players.

• katozuma
    edited February 2011
    This will be soon close seeing as admin already given a answer, even if its not the one many ppl was looking for. No point of really caring this on any further
  • incubbus
    incubbus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    heroicfish wrote: »
    "ALL YOU DO IS KILL LOWBIES. UPATHETIC." when in reality, after the lowbies are down, the real fight begins. It's not always about just killing lower levels..That just kills two birds with one stone: Dead lowbies be mad, equal levels be rollin.

Yes, then you run into town, set shop and stay there for hours. It is always the same with pkers... I do realize not all pvpers are Gankers and if they one a pvp server with no channels I think they should have it, that way they will stay in their precious fun server and leave the boring pve one to the rest of us.

I do however think that those that lack the spine to stay and fight a fair fight in a pvp server will come to the pve to do what they do best, annoy other players as they always do.

It is not too hard to understand that some people just want to have fun questing, farming, doing whatever and they shoul be able to do so without the grief of a ganker coming out of stealth when you are fighting something else and then running away .
  • incubbus
    incubbus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    katozuma wrote: »
    PvPers probably rather have server with no channels or server with channels where realm hopping is impossible/not allowed

pve'ers could care less long as they get to play.

me idc....guess what that make me?

since your here why.... well i go ask this question in the other thread.

I like your thinking.
This discussion has been closed.