Moving combat is a MUST

melonhed
melonhed Posts: 19 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
I'm sorry to make the same thread a day after you closed my other one.

But all you said in my other thread was to post about it in another already existing thread, that's not an answer, I couldn't find anywhere in the forum where a GM answered the question if you're planning to implement this.

You need to give this a little more thought before dismissing it, please, you have a game with great ideas, environments/etc, don't just release anything without listening to the players feedback.

Please don't listen to the people that say this is a bad idea, they obviously haven't played any successful games or any game at a competitive level. There is no reason to not have freedom in a game, whoever wants to stand still and watch their characters mindlessly, be my guest, but don't ruin it for us who want freedom.

You need to understand how much of a difference this makes, the majority of differences between f2p mmo's and games like WoW, is the combat. The environment's in a lot of them are great, same leveling up system, pve, pvp, guilds, etc.

All have the same mechanics, what makes games like WoW so successful? I wonder if a lot of you ever play successful games? I mean really, I know the cost of development for them was a lot more, but really, there is not that much difference between successful p2p mmo's and f2p's, besides stiffness of animations, uncomfortable UI, stiff combat, etc. You seem to have the UI and all fine, and the animations are awesome, is it REALLY that hard to just implement something so simple? I'm not saying cast spells and run, i mean just with melee'ers mostly, just to be able to run around the target while meleeing, or as a caster to be able to cast instant spells while running, why not? really?

Do you know how bland the combat is? Do you play your own game? Look at the reviews of this game out there, all saying everything is great, besides the boring combat, similar to perfect world etc. That's one of the only criticisms, that it's got dull, boring combat. Why would you release a new game, with new environments, characters and everything, and keep the same old boring combat where you stand still in front of an opponent and spam your buttons and watch them fight, there is no tactic to it, nothing, combat feels like a grind, waiting for each others health to go down, instead of HOW each others health is going to go down. You're restricted, can't move, please, play other games like WoW if you have to, see the difference.

It looks like you're putting a lot of effort into this game. More than your other ones, so please, if you're really putting that much effort in it, don't leave out something like this, the game might actually be fun, 6 years ago, this combat was acceptable, NOT NOW.

So, before closing my thread or leaving a comment telling me to discuss this in an already existing thread about the topic, give it some thought, don't ignore it. I made my own thread because I want the message to get noticed, I believe it's important.

Tell me at least, are you EVER planning on having freedom of movement in the game, or not, and will it be in the near future? That's all I want to know.

Edit: Just to clarify, this system would be perfect for PvP in particular, competitive PvP, not boring PvP, you're capable of making a really fun game here guys.

POSTING GUIDELINES

*****DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF:*****

- You don't understand the system.
- You've always played f2p games.
- You've never experienced this system before.
- You never really PvP'd in games that had this system
- You're ignorant but just looking for attention through your posts.
- You're socially deprived.
- You're uneducated.

Thanks.
Post edited by melonhed on

Comments

• owed
    owed Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i hate this idea seriously :l run around the target wtf...btw we can auto-taget whit tab
  • melonhed
    edited February 2011
    owed wrote: »
    i hate this idea seriously :l run around the target wtf...btw we can auto-taget whit tab

You do not understand the difference, how much smoother it makes combat, it lets you feel in control, if you don't like it or don't understand it, or have never experienced this type of combat before, please don't comment on it.

If it does get implemented, stand still all you want.
  • miiiniii
    miiiniii Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It won't get implemented so you can forget about it.
  • melonhed
    edited February 2011
    miiiniii wrote: »
    It won't get implemented so you can forget about it.

You're not a developer, are you?
  • radioslurp
    radioslurp Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Your idea there....
    I've played many "combat-like" games and I enjoyed them, But I think that it would not be needed within the game.
    Why?:

A) Running around fighting might make you look weird.
    B) It would be very hard to target and find out who is the one hitting you.
    C) If your the one getting hit by weird running people, you can't find them... You are really screwed.

:)
    Just my 2 gold coins
    Proud member of XVII
  • aerosephane
    aerosephane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Your talking about a game that still uses antiquated click to move mechanic. You can't even get an option to turn the stupid **** off. Whats makes you think they'll actually adjust the battle mechanics?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • melonhed
    edited February 2011
    Your talking about a game that still uses antiquated click to move mechanic. You can't even get an option to turn the stupid **** off. Whats makes you think they'll actually adjust the battle mechanics?

Another thing they need to fix, the camera controls, and the click to move is just annoying, if you can move with WASD why don't you give us the option to take click to move off? Ffs.
  • rayneia
    rayneia Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I don't post much in these forums other than to ask questions about the game but this topic of moving combat is something I too have had a huge problem with. After playing WoW for about 5 years, playing Warhammer, and several other games, I do not see the fun or the logic of a static combat system. I too enjoy the look and feel of FW but the combat itself is so boring that I often find myself wondering why I still play in beta if there is no intent to change it.

For those people who spend most of their time doing PvP, and even PvE to some extent, an active moving combat system is a must. This system simply adds a level of tactical ability that creates a whole new aspect to the game.

For that reason, I support Melonhed's original post on the topic and hope that this is an area that is addressed. Though there is much to the game that I enjoy, I can see that I will get bored of it rather quickly.
  • revnic
    revnic Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    So basicly you want a game your way, why don't you make your own game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • janedoe
    janedoe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    melonhed wrote: »
    Moving combat is a MUST

If the devs wanted "moving combat" in the game, it would already be implemented.

Life isn't Burger King... can't always have it your way.
  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Moving combat is a must NOT.:D
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • mk16
    mk16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Moving combat is nice, not a must.

A must is a game where gear levels and cash don't tip the balance by much. PW and FW probably both need a 75% nerf on upgrades to be fair with the current cash shop implementation.
    Banned for no reason on -two- accounts, thanks PWE
  • justafriend
    justafriend Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You're not a developer, are you?
    No he might not be, but anyone who has played any F2P for any extended time knows that PWE will do things their way. It's their company, you're just a client, not an investor.
    Another good point. PWE obviously has the means to create a game to the specifications you've mentioned but they haven't even done that for the game with their companies namesake and I doubt the would here.
    revnic wrote: »
    So basicly you want a game your way, why don't you make your own game?
    A viable option. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <HeartAndSoul> a PVE/RP/RPK clan. heartandsoul.mmoguildsites.com
    We play the game for fun like it was meant to be
    ! Join Us!
    Why do people get so serious over a few 01010101's? *rolls eyes*
  • rayneia
    edited February 2011
    This is a reason why myself, and likely others, don't post our opinions or suggestions in the forums as the typical response we receive from others is limited to insults and immature sarcasm. It is unfortunate really that because others may not agree with our ideas that they feel this is the only way they know how to provide their own thoughts.
  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Ray I see your point, I was just trying to be funny (doesnot work most of the time). This is the hard truth, PWE does things its way, if this is your first game with them then you are learning their ways, if this is not then you should already have learned that Chinesse devs dont give a rat's behind what US players said.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • articfox01
    articfox01 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Your idea there....
    I've played many "combat-like" games and I enjoyed them, But I think that it would not be needed within the game.
    Why?:

A) Running around fighting might make you look weird.[/COLOR]
    B) It would be very hard to target and find out who is the one hitting you.
    C) If your the one getting hit by weird running people, you can't find them... You are really screwed.

A)NOT REALLY
    B)TARGETTING IS NOT A PROBLEM YOU GET YELLOW NAME AND IF YOU CLICK THE PERSON YOU SEE WHAT IS HE TARGETTING AND IN GUILD WARS ITS NOT LIKE YOU SEE WHOSE ATK'ING YOU
    C)NOW YOU ARE TALKING TRASH(NO OFFENCE OFC)THAT WOULD BE THE BEST PART OF THE GAME HAVE YOU PLAYED A FPS KNIFE BATTLE BEFORE AND IT WOULD BE FAST PACED WHICH MMOS REALLY NEED THIS AND YOU CAN FIND THEM THE TARGETTING IS REALLY EASY AS SAID IN B

+COLLECTING ORBS WHILE FIGHTING WOULD BE THE BEST I MEAN SOOOOO COOOOL

WHILE I DON'T THINK THEY WILL ADD THIS FEATURE BECAUSE THE GAME HAS BEEN MADE AND CB IS NOT FOR RADICAL CHANGES LIKE THAT I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THE POSTER THEY HAVE ALL THE RIGHT CARDS TO MAKE THIS AN AWESOME GAME BUT THEY WONT ,STILL THE GAME IS GOOD BUT NOT AWESOME.
  • rayneia
    edited February 2011
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    This is the hard truth, PWE does things its way, if this is your first game with them then you are learning their ways, if this is not then you should already have learned that Chinese devs don't give a rat's behind what US players said.

You make a good point as I never really played PW all that much and so I don't have much of a frame of reference when it comes to dealing with this company. It is somewhat hard to see things from their perspective when you are so used to the thinking of Western corporations that live and die based upon the suggestions of their community. I had hoped that FW would fill the gap that was left when I got tired of WoW but I suppose, based upon what is said here, that I will need to keep searching for something else.
  • bryanfury83
    bryanfury83 Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Stop for asking something that comes from Aion/WoW/Movement+AttackGames fanboys

Not hapening. Will never be implemented.

If you don't like the game no one force you to play. Go back play your bunny-hopping game
  • articfox01
    articfox01 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Byan why do you have to post comments like that they are just giving their opinions to make the game better while the its not happening its true there's always hope.........
    And stop insulting other MMOS and other peoples WoW while its true its sucks, for its time was a revolutionary MMO and its still better than the new crappy mmos *-*

DON'T STATE THE OBVIOUS IF ITS GOING TO BE LIKE PWI I'M GOING TO QUIT TOO ......
  • melonhed
    edited February 2011
    This is the problem guys, that they really won't do a thing about it, and it has potential to be a really good game, I'm trying to find a WoW replacement as I recently quit, it's just amazing how wrong so many developers are going about their games.

The combat is exactly the same as Perfect World, ENJOY guys.
  • aerosephane
    edited February 2011
    Chinese cash shop games all follow the same business model.

~Build a game that is slightly entertaining preferably using regurgitated coding from a previous game.

~Rework some of the visual attributes to make it look dynamic and new.

~Make constant promises to the community while the dev team is actually recycling another F2P to release.

~1-2 years after OB release date game is practically dead and NEVER actually left the supposed "beta" phase.

~Release new recycled F2P.

~laugh all the way to the bank...

Now is there anything wrong with this? No the world of business is a cut throat place. It's all about getting the biggest return on the smallest investment. Such is life. If you don't believe so then you are only kidding yourself. The Chinese know how to take advantage of the huge western consumer market. Why do you think they make products (like iphone) that most of their consumer market can't even afford. They cater to our "I want it now!" attitude and we accept that.

Am I saying not to play? By no means, these are still entertaining time fillers. I would not advocate blowing thousands of dollars though. I see nothing wrong with $20-$40 a month. But if your an idiot that throws thousands of dollars away your just feeding these companies and justifying their ways. Sure you'll be badass in game, no doubt about that. Inside though most of us are laughing. I have a real life with real responsibilities. The consequences of what happen in game really have no affect on me personally. I actually feel bad for these people because they clearly have little discipline when it comes to personal financial management. No amount of money is endless unless your say, the heir of a multi-billion dollar family business. In that case I doubt you'd be playing this game.

Besides this isn't a competitive game like say CoD, Halo, SC, WoW where you can build a whole youtube following and make any return through add revenue. Just another reason to not blow so much money. You will NEVER get it back. Static combat is boring to watch, but its what were dealt this hand. If you don't like it save yourself the heartache and move on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • justafriend
    edited February 2011
    This is the problem guys, that they really won't do a thing about it, and it has potential to be a really good game, I'm trying to find a WoW replacement as I recently quit, it's just amazing how wrong so many developers are going about their games.

The combat is exactly the same as Perfect World, ENJOY guys.

Obviously this isn't what you're looking for and we're well aware that its the same as PW, you seem to be the only one disillusioned by the whole situation.

Go play Aion, or make your own game. lol

No one is forcing you to play. o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ! Join Us!
  • melonhed
    edited February 2011
    Chinese cash shop games all follow the same business model.

~Build a game that is slightly entertaining preferably using regurgitated coding from a previous game.

~Rework some of the visual attributes to make it look dynamic and new.

~Make constant promises to the community while the dev team is actually recycling another F2P to release.

~1-2 years after OB release date game is practically dead and NEVER actually left the supposed "beta" phase.

~Release new recycled F2P.

~laugh all the way to the bank...

Now is there anything wrong with this? No the world of business is a cut throat place. It's all about getting the biggest return on the smallest investment. Such is life. If you don't believe so then you are only kidding yourself. The Chinese know how to take advantage of the huge western consumer market. Why do you think they make products (like iphone) that most of their consumer market can't even afford. They cater to our "I want it now!" attitude and we accept that.

Am I saying not to play? By no means, these are still entertaining time fillers. I would not advocate blowing thousands of dollars though. I see nothing wrong with $20-$40 a month. But if your an idiot that throws thousands of dollars away your just feeding these companies and justifying their ways. Sure you'll be badass in game, no doubt about that. Inside though most of us are laughing. I have a real life with real responsibilities. The consequences of what happen in game really have no affect on me personally. I actually feel bad for these people because they clearly have little discipline when it comes to personal financial management. No amount of money is endless unless your say, the heir of a multi-billion dollar family business. In that case I doubt you'd be playing this game.

Besides this isn't a competitive game like say CoD, Halo, SC, WoW where you can build a whole youtube following and make any return through add revenue. Just another reason to not blow so much money. You will NEVER get it back. Static combat is boring to watch, but its what were dealt this hand. If you don't like it save yourself the heartache and move on.

Heh, this is all so true, how silly of me to even bother.

I thought maybe I could reach out to the devs to make some obviously needed adjustments, I guess it's no use, they're in it for the money, they don't care about the game play.

Was bored, thought I'd give it a try.
  • aerosephane
    edited February 2011
    I'm not knocking on you or anything. I think we all have some hope that a f2p will come along and try have the same dedicated support that a good p2p game has. The only thing that you can really do is put less money into the game.

Just think about it though. Instead of putting time into fixing game mechanics a lot of their focus has to go into random **** most of us could care less about. For example designing new CS fashions and such. Just take it for what it is and play accordingly. They are still fun to play and as I stated previously they are basically time fillers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bryanfury83
    bryanfury83 Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    articfox01 wrote: »
    Byan why do you have to post comments like that they are just giving their opinions to make the game better while the its not happening its true there's always hope.........
    And stop insulting other MMOS and other peoples WoW while its true its sucks, for its time was a revolutionary MMO and its still better than the new crappy mmos *-*

DON'T STATE THE OBVIOUS IF ITS GOING TO BE LIKE PWI I'M GOING TO QUIT TOO ......
    That is not aion, that is FW. That is not WoW, that is FW. That is not a game like all the others that does use the fail system fanboys of these games want.

The dev (the creators ones) does made their own game and FW has comes out. You like it? you play it. You don't like it? well no one force you to play, since there are billion of games around, but please don't comes out with such stupid and idioticy suggestions/requests to make the game as YOU want.

So far 80% of the players don't like the Movement+Attack, 10% doesn't care at all and the remaining 10% is the fanboys from WoW/Aion and so on. What do you expect so? That is not your game if you want the movement+attack.
  • justafriend
    edited February 2011
    I'm not knocking on you or anything. I think we all have some hope that a f2p will come along and try have the same dedicated support that a good p2p game has. The only thing that you can really do is put less money into the game.

Just think about it though. Instead of putting time into fixing game mechanics a lot of their focus has to go into random **** most of us could care less about. For example designing new CS fashions and such. Just take it for what it is and play accordingly. They are still fun to play and as I stated previously they are basically time fillers.

You speak the truth friend. You speak the truth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ! Join Us!
  • melonhed
    edited February 2011
    That is not aion, that is FW. That is not WoW, that is FW. That is not a game like all the others that does use the fail system fanboys of these games want.

The dev (the creators ones) does made their own game and FW has comes out. You like it? you play it. You don't like it? well no one force you to play, since there are billion of games around, but please don't comes out with such stupid and idioticy suggestions/requests to make the game as YOU want.

So far 80% of the players don't like the Movement+Attack, 10% doesn't care at all and the remaining 10% is the fanboys from WoW/Aion and so on. What do you expect so? That is not your game if you want the movement+attack.

Actually looking at reviews and around the forum, it seems over 80% of people want freedom of movement.

But in the end it boils down to how **** and illiterate you are really, there's no reason to post what you're posting, why are you so firm about not having freedom in a game which will make your gaming experience more fun? Stop, please.

I am not trying to change the game or make it how I want, I'm trying to take the restrictions out of the current game, which is always good right? Or maybe for people like you that's considered a bad thing, never mind.
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I support this combat system(move+attack), but explaining why this kind of combat system is good I got tired.
    Some players don't play pay to play games and don't know the good of them, some hate WoW for no reason and bash the game and saying it's a bad when it's not, others says WoW sucks and never reached level cap and got decent gear and they whine because they couldn't beat someone or do raids.
    Also don't try to have a decent discussion because bryanfury83 have some mentality problems, I have long stopped discussing with him over this kind of threads. He thinks that we, who mention WoW or play WoW, doesn't have to be even WoW are a fanboys of that or those games and we try to harm this. He haven't realised that in the early CB all the time he was talking about how great Lineage 2 was and this was the same game as Lineage 2.
    Believe you better not discuss with him.
    I quited the game because of this and the glitchy engine they have and no intention in fixing it or replacing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • justafriend
    edited February 2011

I am not trying to change the game or make it how I want, I'm trying to take the restrictions out of the current game, which is always good right? Or maybe for people like you that's considered a bad thing, never mind.

You can complain to the people on the forums all you want but PWE has been doing fine without you. If they see the need to change it they will. Complaining on a forum instead of submitting a proper ticket or trying to make a petition isn't going to get you anywhere unfortunately for you.

Just go play something else where they have taken off "Restrictions". MMORPGS have been doing fine without it, and they will continue to do so until the majority of P2P games have it. Then it will trickle down to the F2P's, but probably not this.

Tough luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ! Join Us!
  • pensri
    pensri Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    in before lock..you know its coming lol.

I also just remembered something go play HOTK as boring as it can be for some...if the person moves the other will likely miss...that has freedom of movement if you want it so badly...
This discussion has been closed.