Phase 4 and beyond

Comments

• fivestarfreddie
    fivestarfreddie Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Wow, allot of ppl are very upset with the current wipe out, but I think it's not uncommon for some betas to do this, there is a ton of disadvantages on the game and they just want it to run more smoothly. The whole PVP and PVE realms need to happen, the channels lessen the lag and the flag option for PVP is perfect, sometimes your just not in the mood and you can't turn it on or off and high lvls sit around destroying the durability of our gears, but then run when there is another high lvl, that's cruel and unfair to those that want to lvl, so yeah I say lets restart again, from scratch! PWE gave you a beta to test run and report not take over FW! wait until it's open for all that madness!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brintosfj
    brintosfj Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Wow, allot of ppl are very upset with the current wipe out, but I think it's not uncommon for some betas to do this, there is a ton of disadvantages on the game and they just want it to run more smoothly. The whole PVP and PVE realms need to happen, the channels lessen the lag and the flag option for PVP is perfect, sometimes your just not in the mood and you can't turn it on or off and high lvls sit around destroying the durability of our gears, but then run when there is another high lvl, that's cruel and unfair to those that want to lvl, so yeah I say lets restart again, from scratch! PWE gave you a beta to test run and report not take over FW! wait until it's open for all that madness!

Agreed, some of these lunatics reallly **** me off:mad:.
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It's PWE's fault, they hype the useless beta keys and random invitations, instead an usual CB application form...

so don't blame the "just for fun" players that are not interesting in beta testing and only enjoy gaming in CB phase

You've missed the point of a closed beta test entirely...
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • pensri
    pensri Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well continuing with the channel system discussion. I like 4 channels because I have played a game with that many. People loved it because it wasnt too much and it wasnt too little. people went on 4 when they did not want lag or were just meeting friends for runs and such. So yes 4 only tops would be wonderful. 10 is too many. If it does show it needs to be extended thats fine I understand because this game is one of the most anticipated games out there. If you did need more I would say 4 to 8 at most. 10 is ok if your just trying to check the size and willing to update and shrink the number later if possiable. :)

Also I do not even PVP I am a PVE player but I also have to agree with them by giving them 3 to 4 only and never changing it. I have played games on here where you have no choice to pvp and I admit I hated hunting a person down. But remember everyone they usually have a revenge system and all you usually had to do was look on your friends list to find out what channel the person who killed you was on. And by their level you could usually guess which area lol.:p:D
  • verismorbid
    verismorbid Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    So glad to hear all of this. Can't wait for the 23rd of both Feb. and March :P Exciting! Keep up the good work and thanks!
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    crabclaw wrote: »

Alongside Eyrda, a PvE server will be available for players to choose at the start of Phase 4. This server will be located on the West coast.

When will the east coast see a server(PvE, idc 4 PvP)?
  • krogger
    krogger Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    katozuma wrote: »
    When will the east coast see a server(PvE, idc 4 PvP)?

eyrda server is east coast timezone just so u know o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Name: Krogger
    Guild: Wicked (leader)
    Race: Kindred
    Class: Assassin
  • drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited February 2011
    krogger wrote: »

*removed~
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • katozuma
    edited February 2011

thx 4 the info
  • fivestarfreddie
    fivestarfreddie Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Yes, I do believe they are adding a West Coast Server, which is good so my CN, GT and FK can be at a decent hour, I never get to run them because of the hours they are set for, I haven't even seen the inside of Fort Kho, shame! :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashesfire
    ashesfire Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Can you email us the redemmed beta key?
    DENIAL! Madness I tell ye!

-growls at FW-
  • drakovongola1
    edited February 2011
    Why would you want a key that's already been redeemed?
    PvP Server
  • spadeofhearts
    spadeofhearts Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Would everyone quit ranting and raving about 10 channels? one: they said that the number of channels per server hasn't been decided yet. Two: I'm posative that they would fix the numbers based on the population of servers/channels. Three: If not and they just entirly **** the system up just stay on like the first 3 to 4 channels in game. Four: the game is still beta and i'm sure there's more people than we can count watching this game and just waiting for the email saying they can login and play, so it makes since they would start with so many servers when they open the game up to everyone who submit a beta key. I mean really, the game ran out of beta keys before the game even came out in CB. I really doubt that more people (like myself) have tried to enter during CB and are still waiting if still interested. Also, thoughs mad about the character wipes, think about it. you have already gotten your own characters and leveled them up when CB came out. then, when you started again, you must have leveled up in half the time. for you guys, it won't take that long, for me idk, for everyone who can't play but wants to, they will level up slower than thoughs who have played the game before (unless experienced in many other MMORPGs). plus, the pvp would be TOO easy for you if you alredy had a character at lvl 50 waiting for lvl 60. then you would eventually get bored and quit. And for god sakes, the game isn't even open beta yet! Closed beta isn't about getting a permanent character and getting a head start. it's about testing the game and improving all that is glitched and laggy. so please stop QQ about the whole thing. Well, that is all on the complaint ending paragraph (essay :D).

now just a few questions. CrabClaws, you said if we had redeemed beta keys we could play the game during the CB phase 4 if we cannot alredy. does this mean that if i have already aplied and redeemed the beta the beta key we recieved we will get an email telling us we can login now?
  • katozuma
    edited February 2011
    Would everyone quit ranting and raving about 10 channels? one: they said that the number of channels per server hasn't been decided yet. Two: I'm posative that they would fix the numbers based on the population of servers/channels. Three: If not and they just entirly **** the system up just stay on like the first 3 to 4 channels in game. Four: the game is still beta and i'm sure there's more people than we can count watching this game and just waiting for the email saying they can login and play, so it makes since they would start with so many servers when they open the game up to everyone who submit a beta key. I mean really, the game ran out of beta keys before the game even came out in CB. I really doubt that more people (like myself) have tried to enter during CB and are still waiting if still interested. Also, thoughs mad about the character wipes, think about it. you have already gotten your own characters and leveled them up when CB came out. then, when you started again, you must have leveled up in half the time. for you guys, it won't take that long, for me idk, for everyone who can't play but wants to, they will level up slower than thoughs who have played the game before (unless experienced in many other MMORPGs). plus, the pvp would be TOO easy for you if you alredy had a character at lvl 50 waiting for lvl 60. then you would eventually get bored and quit. And for god sakes, the game isn't even open beta yet! Closed beta isn't about getting a permanent character and getting a head start. it's about testing the game and improving all that is glitched and laggy. so please stop QQ about the whole thing. Well, that is all on the complaint ending paragraph (essay :D).

now just a few questions. CrabClaws, you said if we had redeemed beta keys we could play the game during the CB phase 4 if we cannot alredy. does this mean that if i have already aplied and redeemed the beta the beta key we recieved we will get an email telling us we can login now?

It is my god give right to QQ and there isnt anything you can do about it, so stop telling me not qq and maybe I will do it on my own accord.(do note im joking and could care less about channels or servers)

Accounts will be flag to play so won't have to wait on a email notification just to play. Also since EVERYONE WHO REDEEM A KEY will be playing, doesn't necessarily mean that everyone will get in at the same time. Some ppl might not get in until the next day or so, there bond to be problems especially when you are letting everyone who redeem a key in.

And yes I'm not crabclaw but hopefully at least this answer will give some insight on whats going to happen when phase 4 starts, good luck and peace : )
  • spadeofhearts
    spadeofhearts Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Aahhh. so I just have to log on. ok. yeah there will be a lot of lag and what not when this starts up, as well as glitches that they forgot to patch in some servers (if not it will be a god given miracle). You shed some light on my curious mind so ty :)

wasn't just asking crabclaw, really just anyone who knows.
  • xfire2010
    xfire2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Alongside Eyrda, a PvE server will be available for players to choose at the start of Phase 4. This server will be located on the West coast.

no EU server ?
    IGN:TankOrDIe(cbt nick only )
    Class:Protector
    lvl:55(cbt)
    Guild:Immortals
  • lushyyy
    lushyyy Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'm a little confused, so there are going to be servers that are strictly PvP and strictly PvE? I enjoy PvE more than PvP but I would like to be able to engage in PvP every once in a while, ganking other players can be fun if you're not the one getting ganked. If I play in a PvE server will that mean I will never be able to PvP besides strictly PvP areas like the colosseum? I want to be able to do both. Sorry for the WoW reference, but for any of you who played that, the PvP servers were basically PvPvE, you could do everything the PvE servers could do, but you also ran the risk of getting ganked in contested areas, I would love something like that. I don't want to play in a PvP server if the exp is higher or drop rate is different to change the game and get people higher for PvP faster or something.

If anyone has any info about this I'd love a response, I'll probably end up playing as a priest &/or bard :)
    When the world all around you is crumbling and you have nothing left but your faith...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakovongola1
    edited February 2011
    lushyyy wrote: »
    I'm a little confused, so there are going to be servers that are strictly PvP and strictly PvE? I enjoy PvE more than PvP but I would like to be able to engage in PvP every once in a while, ganking other players can be fun if you're not the one getting ganked. If I play in a PvE server will that mean I will never be able to PvP besides strictly PvP areas like the colosseum? I want to be able to do both. Sorry for the WoW reference, but for any of you who played that, the PvP servers were basically PvPvE, you could do everything the PvE servers could do, but you also ran the risk of getting ganked in contested areas, I would love something like that. I don't want to play in a PvP server if the exp is higher or drop rate is different to change the game and get people higher for PvP faster or something.

If anyone has any info about this I'd love a response, I'll probably end up playing as a priest &/or bard :)

You do realise that PvP servers still have monsters, right?

The only difference is that in PvE there's no ganking.
    PvP Server
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    xfire2010 wrote: »

no EU server ?
    not in CB lol wait for OB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aurorapetal
    aurorapetal Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    This is just my two cence here but, if you dont like the character wipe then why be apart of ebta testing where you can expect it? JUst wait till the last wipe is over then start playing.

I dont know much on pvp, i was never one to be real into it much but it does seem having a ton of pvp chanels isnt to smart. a few yes, but not that many. though having that many on the pve server i think would help, even if its just in the beginning. Channels have a reason and purpose and just complaingin and whining isnt going to do much good. Talking resonably might but bickering doesnt do any good, never has, never will. Just like the name calling.

ANother point here, banning certain areas wont help to much on bots because they come from everywhere. ALl that would be doing is keeping out some people that might be wanting to play.

For me, i cant wait till i get to finally play, whether on the 23rd or in march. I have been waiting since around november-december. Waiting a little longer isnt gonna kill me yet.
  • drakovongola1
    edited February 2011
    This is just my two cence here but, if you dont like the character wipe then why be apart of ebta testing where you can expect it? JUst wait till the last wipe is over then start playing.

Because some people don't understand the point of a beta test, they just wanna play the game and could care less about testing things for bugs.
    PvP Server
  • tronton
    tronton Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    can't wait to be activated for phase 4. i am sooo excited to finally play this game. Keep up the good word PW :D
  • skyraiserdm
    skyraiserdm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You've missed the point of a closed beta test entirely...

Read my first line...

but i'll explain for you again:
    • PWE don't select players by there attitude for CB testing, they select them randomly from a large pool of hyped people
    • now players complain about "just for fun" players that are not interested in beta testing
    • you can't blame these players, because the selection was randomly and in this case you can expect that most of the players just wanna try the game and are not interested in beta testing
    • so the mistake was by PWE, instead of a detailed application form for closed beta testing they hyped this with cb keys...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakovongola1
    edited February 2011
    Read my first line...

but i'll explain for you again:
    • PWE don't select players by there attitude for CB testing, they select them randomly from a large pool of hyped people
    • now players complain about "just for fun" players that are not interested in beta testing
    • you can't blame these players, because the selection was randomly and in this case you can expect that most of the players just wanna try the game and are not interested in beta testing
    • so the mistake was by PWE, instead of a detailed application form for closed beta testing they hyped this with cb keys...

Actually, it's the people who signed up for a CBT just so they can play the game early, rather than actually testing anything and reporting it's fault, since testing the game reporting the bugs is the entire point of of the Closed Beta Test.

Seriously, if people don't plan on testing anything and reporting the bugs, they shouldn't sign up in the first place. Beta's are there to fix the game, not so some people can play early.
    PvP Server
  • skyraiserdm
    skyraiserdm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Actually, it's the people who signed up for a CBT just so they can play the game early, rather than actually testing anything and reporting it's fault, since testing the game reporting the bugs is the entire point of of the Closed Beta Test.

Seriously, if people don't plan on testing anything and reporting the bugs, they shouldn't sign up in the first place. Beta's are there to fix the game, not so some people can play early.

If application is just as simple as click redeem beta key, you don't have to be a psychic to predict that tons of people wanna join the game that don't plan on beta testing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yupyup
    yupyup Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    not in CB lol wait for OB

I really hope a EU server is gonna be released in OB, i stopped playing PW due the fact all events are not in my time zone, same goes for the TW's, 4/5 am every morning every weekend.. and then work from monday-friday every day was draining my energy.. but tw's where cool for the year i played :D

So really hoping a EU server gonna be added in OB so I (we) can enjoy all the events etc aswell :)
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Theyve already announced there will definitely be a EU server >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • drakovongola1
    edited February 2011
    If application is just as simple as click redeem beta key, you don't have to be a psychic to predict that tons of people wanna join the game that don't plan on beta testing...

True, but it doesn't take a psychic to figure out that all your progress in a CBT is gonna wiped, so no one should be complaining about it because it was obviousl it would happen.
    PvP Server
  • aurorapetal
    aurorapetal Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    True, but it doesn't take a psychic to figure out that all your progress in a CBT is gonna wiped, so no one should be complaining about it because it was obviousl it would happen.

I agree, even if you signed up for closed beta just to play the game early no one should complain bout being wiped. When deciding to do CBT you were agreeing to have your account wiped at the end.

And just a point here, complaining about a character wipe just annoys the rest of us. Don’t spend time on actually creating your game, test things out or stop complaining its gonna be wiped. Simple as that.
  • lushyyy
    lushyyy Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You do realise that PvP servers still have monsters, right?

The only difference is that in PvE there's no ganking.

Yes, obviously. I have played many mmo's and I usually play in PvE servers. However, having played WoW recently in a PvP server, I very much enjoyed the PvP aspect, it was basically like playing in a PvE server where I could engage in PvP when I wanted to. However, the reason I asked, was because from what it seems like, the majority of players who are looking to play in the PvP server are "hardcore" PvPers, looking to join a PvP clan and war with others and such. I'd like to engage in PvP every once in a while but as more of a casual thing when I'm bored. I just feel like if I play in a PvE server I won't be able to do anything except a boring duel every once in a while, but if I play in a PvP server I'll be stuck with people who only care about guild sieges and what not, I want both I guess, oh well. I guess I'll wait and see what happens when the game goes OB.
    When the world all around you is crumbling and you have nothing left but your faith...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.