No Gold.

aerosen
aerosen Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
When Forsaken World comes out, please do not let there be any Gold system, or a system that characters can use real money to buy items or money. I think this really spoils a game hence any random noob can be walking around with expensive armor, equipment, and mounts etc. I believe that everyone should work for their armor and items instead of just walking to a store and buying it with real world money :/
Post edited by aerosen on

Comments

• illspirit
    illspirit Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Do you expect them to work for free? In a Perfect World the cash shop items would be for aesthetics only... so we're **** out of luck.
  • renegademarshal
    renegademarshal Posts: 49
    edited February 2011
    Sorry, no chance that will happen. That is the only thing that supports FW as a f2p game.
  • brintosfj
    brintosfj Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    the cash shop as it is now, in my opinion, is very balanced. but if they introduce CS exclusive gears and weapons.. well that'll be bad. i hope they keep the CS as it is now.
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    How else are they supposed to make money? Servers and employees are not free.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • trevtimusprime
    trevtimusprime Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    brintosfj wrote: »
    the cash shop as it is now, in my opinion, is very balanced. but if they introduce CS exclusive gears and weapons.. well that'll be bad. i hope they keep the CS as it is now.

Someone hasn't seen how Masteries are gained.
    CB-Phase 1-4
    I am Snorlax and I will block your path.

DestroyTokyo- Voted best WereBeast on PWI Lost City server <3
  • brintosfj
    brintosfj Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    dude atleast they aren't forcin us to buy weapons and gears with real money yet. play some other f2p mmos, u'll knw what i'm talkin abt.
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Weapons and gears in this game are pretty null as far as how good you are in pve and pvp because of masteries/resistances xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • fusionultima
    fusionultima Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    aerosen wrote: »
    When Forsaken World comes out, please do not let there be any Gold system, or a system that characters can use real money to buy items or money. I think this really spoils a game hence any random noob can be walking around with expensive armor, equipment, and mounts etc. I believe that everyone should work for their armor and items instead of just walking to a store and buying it with real world money :/
    You-must-be-new-here.jpg
    Seriously, Don't Ask About The Caps. It's A Habit. If It Bothers You, Disregard My Posts.
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    aerosen wrote: »
    You-must-be-new-here.jpg

When money comes out of nowhere the there will be no cash shop, nope even then there will be a cash shop lol. Please tell me how else PWE is suppose to make money for their Chinese Superiors(Beijing Perfect World Co. aka head off all the PW stuff), I pretty sure ads on the forum is bringing in the big $$$ lol. Thank god I use Admuncher+ABP so I don't to see that stuff, find it quite annoying.
  • tharkan
    tharkan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I agree with the gold issue, but if we could convert soul coins to gold, I would be ok.
  • niqpere
    niqpere Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    F2p games are for the lazy gamers who like the easy way of getting power . They buy it if that wasnt the case they would just play p2p games and save money seeing how f2p games are like 10 times more expensive and that much more crappy content wise . OP you seem to be the only person not informed that f2p is for the so called hardcore gamers lol .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    PWE is a business, businesses want money, nothing else.

If they let you convert in-game money into cash, not have a CS at all, or only have average items in it, no one is gonna buy cash and they'll go out of business.

of course the CS has good items, otherwise why would anyone ever spend money on the game?
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • janedoe
    janedoe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I can just hear both the devs and GMs laughing their butts off at the very thought of not having a cash shop.
  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Listen to that Oba, he said no gold!!! no gold?!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Barack+Obama+Chinese+Laughing+Man.jpg
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • justafriend
    justafriend Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Someone hasn't seen how Masteries are gained.
    +10k
    niqpere wrote: »
    F2p games are for the lazy gamers who like the easy way of getting power . They buy it if that wasnt the case they would just play p2p games and save money seeing how f2p games are like 10 times more expensive and that much more crappy content wise . OP you seem to be the only person not informed that f2p is for the so called hardcore gamers lol .

Yes because no one plays F2P as a secondary for the P2P games they play? Good stuff.

Good to know. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <HeartAndSoul> a PVE/RP/RPK clan. heartandsoul.mmoguildsites.com
    We play the game for fun like it was meant to be
    ! Join Us!
    Why do people get so serious over a few 01010101's? *rolls eyes*
This discussion has been closed.