7 days! why *dies*

blunovaz
blunovaz Posts: 36 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Suggestion Box
So I am testing out every class, but I hit the brick wall of having to delete some of my characters.... WHY does it have to be 7 days... why not just make a password Lock on them it's MUCH safer, and less stress on us players.

Suggestion: remove the 7 day deletion period, and replace it with a safety lock system (like there is one in game)

I know this wont happen... but it would be nice to have.. ( 4 days left *pouts* LOL
Post edited by blunovaz on

Comments

• janedoe
    janedoe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Here's an idea... create a new account. And if you know it won't get implemented, why bother talking about it in the first place?
  • heroicfish
    heroicfish Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    People are lucky if they have one account in CB.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

The sensation was scissors and too much to scream,
    so instead I just started to laugh.
  • blunovaz
    edited February 2011
    heroicfish wrote: »
    People are lucky if they have one account in CB.

exactly lol.
  • xsolarx
    xsolarx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    janedoe wrote: »
    Here's an idea... create a new account. And if you know it won't get implemented, why bother talking about it in the first place?

What if you want the name of one of the characters you are deleting? Even with a new account you still can't create a new char because the name is taken. *rolls eyes* Some people I swear...

I think it should be changed to have a password lock on it or a character deletion code. Waiting 7 days is a little too extreme for something that can be solved with simpler and less time consuming methods. +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world isn't perfect, so play in one that's Forsaken.
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You can have up to 8 characters per account, that's enough to cover all classes. Seriously I don't know why some people need to delete chars at all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Names is mainly the only reason I would delete a character.

8 slots is enough unless you wanna try every skill tree and race/class combo >>_>
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • blunovaz
    edited February 2011
    Names is mainly the only reason I would delete a character.

8 slots is enough unless you wanna try every skill tree and race/class combo >>_>

I do that :\. I like to see which I like/dislike. and make my final open beta choice on that... lol but I am stuck.... 3 days left x_X
  • heroicfish
    heroicfish Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    blunovaz wrote: »
    I do that :\. I like to see which I like/dislike. and make my final open beta choice on that... lol but I am stuck.... 3 days left x_X

You get a free compass, so you can try at least two trees per character. I'm sure you can cut it down to at least two trees you'd like to try.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

The sensation was scissors and too much to scream,
    so instead I just started to laugh.
  • blunovaz
    edited February 2011
    heroicfish wrote: »
    You get a free compass, so you can try at least two trees per character. I'm sure you can cut it down to at least two trees you'd like to try.

true, but that's not enough to test the multiple choice in characters like which assassin I feel better using, which mage, which priest. there are doubles which have different passives/racial's
  • atheistscreed
    atheistscreed Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Lol, like the virtual password option, the safety lock, the soul/coin system and the ALL-MUST-BE-BOUND system weren't enough to protect a few careless players from hacking and scamming. think the 7 days delete is just overkill lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    lyzzern.deviantart.com
  • blunovaz
    edited February 2011
    Lol, like the virtual password option, the safety lock, the soul/coin system and the ALL-MUST-BE-BOUND system weren't enough to protect a few careless players from hacking and scamming. think the 7 days delete is just overkill lol

Yeah, I agree. lol it's just way overkill. I haven't been able to play for the last 7 days. *sigh* and even then all the characters are about to wipe because of phase 4 rolling out soon.
  • ferky
    ferky Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i have to agree the 7 day deletion is way over the top i play other online games and have not come across any that have this long a period just to delete a character
  • lilbaby
    lilbaby Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I have to agree with ferky and others 7 days is toooooooooooooooooooo long (yawn ) please consider reducing this time f/w :)
    for those who play other free online games : Shaiya is 2 hours deletion, guild wars is type the charaters name and 'BOOM' gone :)
    it is safe to say yes there are players out there who wish to try every race and proffession simply to try and see if there is any visable differences to each one
    from one of the f/w official videos they state each different race and proffession is unique, example assassins a human and kindred have unique skill trees which is supposed to give a different playing experience.
    so far i've not noticed any difference and that's maybe 1 reason why players need to delete characters :)
    Just a thought lol
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    One way to fix this would be to do like MS does: Have every character have a specific code and make it required to type in that code to delete (And even play if they wanna go that far) that character.

Just make sure you don't forget the password >_>
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • KillerGIL - Eyrda
    KillerGIL - Eyrda Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i was trying to dismiss my guild to join a guild. and i have to wait 7 days. thats sucks and i agree with the addition of a password code . wtf mate
  • Zypii - Storm Legion
    Zypii - Storm Legion Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The 7 day wait period is TOO LONG!!!

They could emplement a 'Delete' P/W. a P/W in which
    YOU will have to write down and remember because the
    system does not remember or retain the 'Delete' P/W in its sytem!
    Then if you wanted to delete a charactor you will have to
    type in your 'Delete' P/W and PooF! no more charactor.

Only problem with this is players forgetting their 'Delete' P/W
    and there would be no way of getting it back.

• Woofsie - Storm Legion
    Woofsie - Storm Legion Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I deleted my Storm server character named Kin

Seven days passed, with that rather exact countdown at the end.

I went to re-create, had the looks the way I wanted them

and

NAME ALREADY TAKEN

I did this once before, right at server launch so I know I can reuse names. Some lucky bugger just tried that name at the wrong (right) time.