Should Dwarves and Stonemen be other classes?

Comments

• r1dic
    r1dic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    loxxa3395 wrote: »
    Should Dwarves and Stonemen beable to play as other classes???

This is what I think:

Stonemen: they should as Warrior and Marksman

Dwarves: Maybe some magic classes? Like Mage and Priest, or Warrior and Assassin or what would be really neat would be Protector

so what do you guys think? Should Dwarf and Stoneman have more class options???

WHAT ARE YOU? ****? absolutely not.
    IGN: mojo
    Class: Heretic
    Level: XX

Server: Abyss
    Guild: ---
  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Nope, stoneman are fine as why they were created. Basically to defend other races, they are tanks. Dwarf use technology, maybe some tweaking needs to be done but that is it.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • phaetill
    phaetill Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011

This is what I think:

Dwarves: Maybe some magic classes? Like Mage and Priest, or Warrior and Assassin or what would be really neat would be Protector

Never.
  • acidik
    acidik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011

... An Assassin loli? Oh god no.

Edit: Better yet, picture the male Dwarves in full out BDSM attire. Scandalous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Akuubie ✌(o ‿ ~)
  • junglegirl
    junglegirl Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Ummm Yeah, I want to see Stonemen Assassins .... ROFL. Could you imagine something THAT big trying to "sneak" up on an enemy.... Oh lordy.

It would be totally funny to see a little girl MM as a protector though. That would be adorable. I'm a sucker for little people in heavy armor. hahah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • necroraizen
    necroraizen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Actually,a Dwarf-Protector would look quite good...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Race: Human
    Class: Priest
    Guild: -none-

To Purge the world from heretics...
  • mayito2009
    edited January 2011
    A female protector could be awesome too!!! My protector is lonely and bored needs some company.... :)

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • stacyraven
    stacyraven Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    A female protector could be awesome too!!! My protector is lonely and bored needs some company.... :)

hahah I know right? I want to play Protector SOOOO BAD but I hate playing male toons (just like some guys hate playing female toons). I've always loved being main tank and protectors are best at that. It just really sucks there are no female protectors. Quite sexist if you ask me. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fully alive ♥ More than most ♥ Ready to smile and love life ~Flyleaf
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited January 2011

This is what I think:

Sadly i cant imagine stonemen having secondary or more classes

I could imagine dwarven warrior using a hammer but not sword. Rifle seem better though
    Ummm Yeah, I want to see Stonemen Assassins .... ROFL. Could you imagine something THAT big trying to "sneak" up on an enemy.... Oh lordy.

Almost killed myself laughing
  • npramirez
    npramirez Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I always found dwarf mages and priests awkward in WoW. It's not the "story" of FW that I care about, that's just kinda weird... If allowing dwarfs to be other classes, or any other change ups in class/race cominations for that matter, would add some more diversity ie different racial skills then I MIGHT not care as much.

..But like someone above me mentioned, (Stonemen being assassins) where would they draw the line?
  • npramirez
    npramirez Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2011

This is what I think:

Actually, to add on to my previous post, I would agree that dwarfs would make cool protectors. Only problem I find is that Stonemen were made specifically to be protectors, so this might negate that whole idea. Otherwise, I would really like to see dwarf protectors.
    I don't think stonemen should be anything other than protectors.
    Dwarves being assassins might be weird.
  • mayito2009
    edited January 2011
    Protector Priest could be something interesting, a priest carrying a big stick.... reminds me of the nuns at the catholic school using the paddle to rectify.... (insert rolling eyes here)...

• paroxysmal
    paroxysmal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Dwarves can be protectors too! Just make like laser shields or something to do with technology, haha, I mean, dwarves ARE pretty fat and look like they can soak up a bit of damage (unless they're female, but females are so small so they could dodge more).
    Someone said something about a Rapier, that's pretty cool, maybe they'll put a Human only class called a Fencer or something that uses only Rapiers.

I believe Dwarves and Stonemen will get more classes anyways... it's kinda sad because I would play a Protector but I do not like the look of Stonemen in any way. They should make Stonemen have a class like a Berzerker or a class that uses fist weapons or something.

Dwarves I think should get Protector as well or maybe another class, instead of a Sharpshooter, possibly a whole new different class that uses only electronic and laser weapons and explosives, like an Engineer.

Oh well, it certainly isn't a huge disadvantage, just if you prefer that certain class but I do not prefer the look of the race.
  • pizzblack
    pizzblack Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It would be better if they just made new race specific classes (I.E. Marksmen, Protector, Vampire)

Instead of more generic classes...

Something that can be used along side their racial buffs/skills.
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

There once was a BlackCard...~
  • melifor1
    melifor1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    losarot wrote: »
    That movie is broke, I would have nuked that tree at the start , game over,
    also if your going to have sex with a giant space dragon it will happen cus it WANTS ti to, not the other way around, (if you dont get that look it up)

Umm... broke? In what way it's broke? Ow, i see, nuke the tree? Yea, and than work under radiation? Ow, nuke... with the nuke... wait, where could they find one? Buy on black market? Steal from militery? Becouse militery they had on Pandora wasn't real militery, they were just hired by that company that were collecting resourses from Pandora. So, where can company get nukes from? Tell me please, becouse I have no idea.

Anyways, to someone who said that guy who playing as female character looks like **** or wants to be a girl... ok, your opinion, for me, no offence, someone who playing male character looks like **** a lot more. But I have no problems with **** so I don't care. Btw, I play as Kindred for 2 reasons. 1st, they are kind of dark rase(vampire, assassin, mage(mages are originaly evil, becouse magic is a sin, as it said in bible)). 2nd reason, they have big ****.
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The reason I play a male character in RPGs is that the game is called a roleplaying game for a reason, it's supposed to make you immerse yourself into the game (Well, that's the point of the genre, not all the games) and I am male, not female.

Also, it just feels wierd playing a woman in MMOs (Fine with it in Tomb Raider and Resident Evil and stuff) because I'm not ****, and I don't like men (Who really need to find a real girl instead of hitting on pixels) hitting on my character.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • melifor1
    edited January 2011
    The reason I play a male character in RPGs is that the game is called a roleplaying game for a reason, it's supposed to make you immerse yourself into the game (Well, that's the point of the genre, not all the games) and I am male, not female.

Also, it just feels wierd playing a woman in MMOs (Fine with it in Tomb Raider and Resident Evil and stuff) because I'm not ****, and I don't like men (Who really need to find a real girl instead of hitting on pixels) hitting on my character.

Hitting on pixels? You made my day, thank you. They hit on people behind the characters, not on characters. Allso, I don't think that I am character I playing, I own my character. And I don't need a guy under my control. Girls looks better than guys, that's all. It's simply more intertaining to look at a girl when I'm playing than at a guy. Or does it means that having posters of some supermodels on the walls of your home is **** to? Well, it means that someone who have some hitting on a picture... Stop beeing so simpleminded people.

Yes, my english is terrible and I don't care.
  • drakovongola1
    edited January 2011
    melifor1 wrote: »
    Hitting on pixels? You made my day, thank you. They hit on people behind the characters, not on characters. Allso, I don't think that I am character I playing, I own my character. And I don't need a guy under my control. Girls looks better than guys, that's all. It's simply more intertaining to look at a girl when I'm playing than at a guy. Or does it means that having posters of some supermodels on the walls of your home is **** to? Well, it means that someone who have some hitting on a picture... Stop beeing so simpleminded people.

Yes, my english is terrible and I don't care.

Called an opinion, look it up.

And how is it hitting on "the person behind the pixels" when you're just sitting there playing as a female character and someone randomly walks up to you and starts hitting on you? They're some psychic person who knows everything about me instantly? Not saying everyone, just some people.

And what does Supermodels have to with anything? Those are real people (Even if everything on their bodies except their eyes is fake) some girl in an MMO with demon/angel wings and a giant scythe on her back, however, is not.
    PvP Server
  • melifor1
    edited January 2011
    Called an opinion, look it up.

And how is it hitting on "the person behind the pixels" when you're just sitting there playing as a female character and someone randomly walks up to you and starts hitting on you? They're some psychic person who knows everything about me instantly? Not saying everyone, just some people.

And what does Supermodels have to with anything? Those are real people (Even if everything on their bodies except their eyes is fake) some girl in an MMO with demon/angel wings and a giant scythe on her back, however, is not.

Supermodels are real, posters, aren't. Everyone who have poster of a girl on the wall probably will never see her in real life ot talk with her. Same in MMORPG's. Yes, you can talk with people here, but you will never meat them. Usually. So why not to chat? They chat with person behind the character, becouse they usually ask your real name. Where you live. What's your age. Maybe they practising their speach skills, maybe they just like to chat with a girls even if they can't see them in person. You are guy, right? Why would guy dislike talking with a girl? Ok, even if he knows that he will never see her, touch her. Simply talk. Why not?
  • halmilot
    halmilot Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I think stonemen and dwaves should be allowed to be warriors.
  • mrno
    mrno Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    dwarfs should be warriors(berserk) or protectors(uber technology armor),what i want to see is dwarf with axe or hammer
    protectors should be some kind of shape shifters( elementalists) , or sins
  • drakovongola1
    edited January 2011
    Stoneman Assassins? No. Just no.
    PvP Server
  • archtzar
    archtzar Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Human race should get rid of the "mage" option and change it with marksman. The only use of a human mage is the lightning tree, and even then it sucks compared to marksman burst tree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    No.
    Why?
    Two words:
    Race. Skill.
    [Add smth cool here]
  • atheistscreed
    atheistscreed Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If Dwarves developped a Protector class I wouldn't mind since there ARE Dwarf Protector NPCs (Using Mace and Shield, you see them guarding FH)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    lyzzern.deviantart.com
  • ussichu
    ussichu Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    stoneman priest kinda makes sense in the sense its still protecting people.... but .... that means they're.... squishy.... which wouldn't make sense

dwarfs should get a class all about debuffing. Throwing stuns, slows, paralyzes/freezes, sleep, stat lowering... maybe make a new debuff for them... Hell they could be what allow warriors to tank bosses that only a protector can only tank... or make that so much easier. Support based in the end though, so not high damage, but great at creating chaos.. should mainly consist of AoEs and oriented with group pvp in mind
  • maxinum1425
    maxinum1425 Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I think that the dwarfs should be like a summoner class, But what they summon is what they build, since there "more steampunk then drunk" So maybe they should be able to build steampunk, machine creatures..?
  • cloudcross
    cloudcross Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    well i think they should have other classes like the dwarf could be warrior and mabe runologist. and the stoneman i dont see him as a caster but you could make him warrior also. but if they do that they should make humas marksmen to since humans are the tipe to adapt to tecnology even in wow they can use guns.
  • ronuble
    ronuble Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    waiit, runologist ? what class would be that ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mahasuke
    mahasuke Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    melifor1 wrote: »
    Supermodels are real, posters, aren't. Everyone who have poster of a girl on the wall probably will never see her in real life ot talk with her.

Couldn't let this one go. I made a poster of this hot girl I met right after highschool and a year later she was my wife, imagine that. Back to the OP, I think Dwarves should have access to warriors and priests, it fits their mythology (I'm talkin western mythology). Stonemen i think should have access to priests as well. Kinda dumb not to believe in divine power when you were created by mystical means.