Is the wait worth it?

cagedraged
cagedraged Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
A lot of us have been waiting to get into CB for quite some time now. I myself for one have been waiting since March or April. I'm just wondering what others others are thinking about the wait. I can't stand waiting and find it unfair that people who signed up after some of us got in are in the CB now. I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Post edited by cagedraged on

Comments

• purpleviolin
    purpleviolin Posts: 7
    edited January 2011
    Well, nobody said Cookies were good for you (they arent) =x

1 more month and you wont have to wait anymore.
  • cagedraged
    cagedraged Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I hear you there, but I'm curious as if people have lost interest in playing in the CB at all. Or if they plan on just waiting til OB. I haven't made up my mind what I plan to do. I'll know when phase 4 starts.
  • polomoto
    polomoto Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    well imo, it was very exciting to get into and lvl and kik **** and just pwn in general but... the only good part of CB is that u hav some idea of wat to do in OB. all work now in CB but its for nothing. i definitly dont play as often as i did when i started and i wont get back into FW until OB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    looking for a tight & slashin' guild?
    find Infamous at:
    infamousfw.2fear.com
    [SouthernUnit: human warrior]
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    cagedraged wrote: »
    I hear you there, but I'm curious as if people have lost interest in playing in the CB at all. Or if they plan on just waiting til OB. I haven't made up my mind what I plan to do. I'll know when phase 4 starts.

Yes the majority have lost interest, some people have stopped playing and wont be returning to FW, others have stopped until OB comes. The majority of others just barely play anymore, theres only a handful of players who are still playing the beta a lot.

Cant really blame them, this was a really long beta.

Interesting thing is they chose to make Open Beta realease one day before it wouldhv been a year long beta overall, probably just so we couldnt say it was over a year lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • thatsunfortunate
    thatsunfortunate Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    A lot of us have been waiting to get into CB for quite some time now. I myself for one have been waiting since March or April. I'm just wondering what others others are thinking about the wait. I can't stand waiting and find it unfair that people who signed up after some of us got in are in the CB now. I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I feel you bro, and then you go look at other games with better graphics that are just as good and wonder whats so good about forsakenworld... yup i know how u feel bro, i just play nba 2k11 on ps3 in my spare time
  • illegalburrito
    illegalburrito Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I can't say that I've waited long enough for a closed beta invite but I know that I am kind of thankful for not participating in the first three phases mainly because of the data wipes and having to go back and forth with everything, making the experience really boring. Though... I would rather have a long beta just to make sure all the testing goes well so the game's release doesn't get rushed with a bunch of glitches and exploits in the end.

Until then, I guess. I'll keep checking my e-mail regularly in case. ;]
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Honestly the game is fun, in many ways more than one, but it feels like an updated version PWI. Theres really not a lot of differences between the two. The game will keep you busy unless you dislike doing repeatable stuff( I'm guilty of this).

I got a chance to play Trion world's game beta b4 i got to play FW beta, and I have to say TW is doing a good job. They are constantly updating and fixing bugs in their game, staff seem to be on the job 24/7.... where as PWE is not constantly updating and fixing bugs. I'm not sure if pwe strategy is release one big update that fixes all the bugs or what @[email protected]. Staff I can't really comment on seeing as I never really use them.

I do have to say this beta was way too long only to see controversial stuff happen, angry confuse players believe they automatic got b/c there wasnt a page or info section telling them section would be random and etc.

PWE fw beta started in october and OB is march
    TW's game beta started in december and game is to be release in march.

Maybe I'm wrong for trying to compare a p2p game to f2p game, ofc game update would come sooner for a p2p than f2p, ofc staff service would seem better and beta would be more organize and less dysfunctional for p2p game.

Honestly, how many of you would still be here right now, if you was told you was not guaranteed to get in the beta and that selection would be random from the very start?

I probably would of laugh and still be playing PWI right....until that December update then I would just left.
  • tribalfox
    tribalfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    *>< Sorry I posted in the wrong thread
  • konvictus
    konvictus Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    For me , i go through the whole FW forum and i found a lot people are angry and lost patient waiting , I can feel the pain but i'll just wait for another month cause recently i can't find any game that suit me beside this FW.

After i do a lot research and looking at FW game review , imo this game seems promising to me , so i'll wait.

Cheers,

KinzSlay
  • terrorian
    terrorian Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    finish with waiting...there are alot of games to play...too much time for waiting..i start playing aion...
  • poaka
    poaka Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    terrorian wrote: »
    finish with waiting...there are alot of games to play...too much time for waiting..i start playing aion...

only decent games are the ones coming out so arnt u going to be waiting for them also??? im still on the A worded game but sadly i found it lacking in many ways....

also if your like me...u know im not in beta ive been waiting a while but its a game, i just move along until something catchs my attention and do it, ive been stuck on updates/ forums like D3, GW2... FW for id say almost a year on each...

and to OP is the wait worth it??? who knows until i get into the game and see, im still wondering if i should play CB4 to see if its worth it or goto OB (so i dont get bored of doing everything from scratch again lol)

long thread is ....long

TLDR: blah blah complain, not sure if games worth playing because i havnt....played it (how diabolical :O)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In darkness theres always a light to lead the way...

In light, darkness hides in the shadows.....
  • balthezore
    balthezore Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    When does CB4 start ;P? I've been looking around but can't really find any info about correct date of CB4. I got invite but i guess i got it for phase 4 -.-....

EDIT: Ahh nvm, just found out that it's at feb 23....
  • noelito1
    noelito1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011

To me is not worth it lol, i felt like i was playing PWI,i got from 1 -20 mostly going from one npc to another in the same town back and forth, also the graphics felt so cartoony,so i whent back to the game i wa splaying before, i might go back on open beta when it opens but i dont know, oh btw is so lagy ,and cant walk in town much so many people in town is like every one is doing quests in town or something lol, but again i only got to20 so may be later it gets better i dont know.
  • subs2
    subs2 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    what disappoints me is that they are making us get crazy with these giant cb phases, but they forgot to make the game worth the wait.

Its not a revolutionary game, and the reviews about it are terrible. The company should take a look at the reviews and notice that making us wait that long to play is a bad decision...

The idea is simple..

Awesome game -> its ok to wait as long as they want
    Terrible game -> not waiting at all

hugs
  • balthezore
    balthezore Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Am not quite sure what else should i play when it comes to mmorpg... Most i've played drive me nuts lol. Any suggestions?
  • bratt256
    bratt256 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Well I waited forever,and I really really am enjoying the game.

Its worth it imo.
  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    From all the F2P out there, FW is very promissing, if they managed to improve few issues, this game could be a winner, because right now there is nothing out there in this genre worth playing, Allods is a joke, BoI and others like it are not that good. FW could become a big hit if the devs decide to invest a little time fixing what many players have mentioned.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • princisa
    princisa Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Well, I did not get into OB yet, and am I hopefully I will? Yes, due to I want to help in someway, and to figure everything out before OB, cause In MMORPGs I look like a run around a lot with no idea what to do. ( Happened in Jade Dyantsy >.> )

Yet, in forums it seems like most of the population who got into CB is waiting untill open beta, and those who didn't get into OB are looking forward to Phase 4. It seems like a little something for everyone, and hopefully when OB happens they have had enough time in CB that there will be no major issues.

I have been looking for MONTHS for a new F2P MMORPG and when I saw reviews and videos of FW, I fell in love. So, sure i'll be playing AVA and other games untill OB or untill acceptance, but ill be back for FW.
  • pizzblack
    pizzblack Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    No not worth the wait.

Totally over-hyped.
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

There once was a BlackCard...~
  • gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Seriously? No.

There -MAY BE- some differences between the standard F2P with this one, but It's not really worth It.

OH WAO CARNIVOOLZ LAIK I GAIN XP PLAEN GAEMMZMADAHWEHA

Take this as a troll bait/trolling/ anonymous /b/tard'd saying **** but:

It feels just like a F2P Is expected, but with a different touch: Said "grind" Is well-hidden behind several quests that makes you wander around several maps for a couple HOURS.

And now the magic word Is: "tedious".

Also, PvP Isn't something to get amused at, with all of those slowdowns caused by a badly optimized client. A friend of mine has tried out a SandyBridge w/ It and the slowdowns are still there, so basically: SIR, WTF R U DOIN'.

Big words are big.

Seriously.
    [Add smth cool here]
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Gustav, why are you here? I mean really, if you hate the game so much (And clearly you do) why not just leave? Go outside, play a sport, meet a girl (Or a guy, whatever), or find a game that you actually do like and go there.

On-topic: I haven't played yet, but what I have heard (Other than trollposts and the occasional valid complaint) the game sounds really good. Sounds like the PvP (Which is a main selling point for me) is pretty good too.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • thornapple
    thornapple Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ? yes ... ...... ......... no ..... .... .... yes ....
  • th30ry
    th30ry Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    thornapple wrote: »
    ? yes ... ...... ......... no ..... .... .... yes ....

Yes.

But playing alone makes it not worth it. FW sucks without friends imo.
    Im glad I got some friends coming to FW but since they were victims of
    random CB invite rejection, they wont be here till phase 4. So I dont log in much
    except to study certain things...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Ditto about Gustavo, get a life dude, you hate this game so much, leave and find something useful to do, maybe pick up flowers, donate blood, get married, buy ice cream, join the military, become a monk, pick up trash on the side of the road, do a carwash, etc etc many things where to choose from. The game is in Beta to find what is wrong and hopefully get it fixed, maybe if the GM and DEVS will post something over here players will be more satisfied. I have been in other Betas and the presence of GMs and Devs have been very heavily something I dont see here AND THAT IS MY ONLY CONCERN!!!
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • edi
    edi Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Game is more then worth waiting. Its massive, what I like the most. Its purely guild oriented, what I prefere the most. And what is also important, its hard to get bored. The only thing that bored us all so far is longest cbt ever.
  • kodachikuno
    kodachikuno Posts: 1,863 Arc User1
    edited January 2011
    havnet played so dunno if its worth the wait but I do know my interest went away some time ago and I went and found other mmorpgs to play. I will likely poke in during CB4 to learn the basics and get a feel for my chosen first class but Im planning to wait till OB before really bothering with FW
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
  • santi1221
    santi1221 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Like many of us I have been waiting to play FW (Accepted for cb in July) and have read all the Q_Q's of all. Well I think I have an answer: give a 2hr head start to ALL OF US WHO DID NOT GET IN TO PHASE'S 1,2 or 3. that way we did not waste are time. I have a friend that is playing (he got his key in Oct. ..??) that's not fair to us who had Our keys since Aug. or EARLIER..my squad leader had his since first day and he's not in either. Give us a chance to play to let us in early so we can have a go. Or I'll just have to wait for ob because phase 4 is nothing but a pre-ob check with full load on server. (I test games for a living) but I like the style of games PWE provides and have played them for a while. (since DS server went dead LOL) SO PLZ THINK ABOUT IT WHATS 2 HRS we deserve it for waiting for sooooo looooooonnnngg
  • brbgnlol
    brbgnlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Is the wait worth it?

yes,hopefully they will listen to all beta testers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cynderz
    cynderz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    well i have several accounts in many of PW's games, unable to get into this beta with any... not complaining, just stating fact - been member with them over 5 yrs - got tired of checking for invite and have now paid to play RIFT which i've been testing and its an amazing game - dont' mind paying 9/mo when we don't have to worry about cash sinks like item malls... there won't be one in rift - and for that i'll glady pay a subscription... soooo good luck with this PW, i waited to get in to see your game, I was so very hopeful it was the one i'de stay with for quite some time --- but, you've lost another.. all the best.
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    pizzblack wrote: »
    No not worth the wait.

Totally over-hyped.

^ This.
    Many players compare this game to PWI, so I think if you liked PWI you will like this game too, but not sure about it(haven't played PWI).
    I thought it's something that will be different from other games, but it's not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.