A disappointing graphical engine

12357

Comments

  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Too bad , by justifying PWE's fault by something even worse , you just destroyed your argument.
    To resume all this, this world is a dog one.To stay competitive, a game should offer a quality of gaming that matches 2010-2011 players' expectation.
    F2P players aren't like P2P ones, they can jump from an mmorpg to another very fast.
    A lot of mmorpgs are being released each month and it's hard to choose between them.
    Most of players choose the best one , the one that has the best graphics , the best gameplay and the best community.
    Unfortunately , even if Forsaken World is an excellent game , better games are coming soon so in order to enhance the game quality and its longevity, Forsaken World must offer more and having better graphics is the thing to do to make Forsaken World very competitive.
    A lot of companies understood that and I saw a lot of mmorpgs who are doing changes in the user interface, in graphics and adding new features in order to save their game (WoW is the best example) so doing so is the smartest move PWE would do.

    Okay devs, you heard 'em, stop making new skills and fixing bugs and adding new features and just make our characters look prettier. That's what we all want, yep, totally.

    EDIT: And I agree with Melody, the graphics do look good. Especially for an F2P. Do you want it to be as pretty as Avatar or something? For free? Not happening.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • thatsunfortunate
    thatsunfortunate Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Okay devs, you heard 'em, stop making new skills and fixing bugs and adding new features and just make our characters look prettier. That's what we all want, yep, totally.

    EDIT: And I agree with Melody, the graphics do look good. Especially for an F2P. Do you want it to be as pretty as Avatar or something? For free? Not happening.

    Drackos has a point though, F2P MMO's today are expected to meet a certain graphics standard...
    On the other hand I believe forsaken world has met that standard... perhaps to the minimum requirements yes, but it's still acceptable.
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Yes, I know there's a certain standard that must be met, but really FW has some of the best graphics I've seen in an F2P MMO, except for maybe Vindictus.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • urio
    urio Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    They should at least put the Anti-Aliasing thing. Cause the outlines are kinda messed up
    Phase 1 access: DENIED
    Phase 2 access : DENIED
    Phase 3 access : ACCEPTED!
  • thatsunfortunate
    thatsunfortunate Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Yes, I know there's a certain standard that must be met, but really FW has some of the best graphics I've seen in an F2P MMO, except for maybe Vindictus.

    APB, S.U.N, C9, SOTNW, Vindictus, Pandora Saga, ROM, M.A.T are some f2p mmo's that have great graphics as well... some even better than Forsaken World, however I do agree with you that forsaken world does have great graphics, not the best but still very good.
  • francischutney
    francischutney Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I think this is the best possible graphics that lets everyone play. If they made the game with very good graphics, then not as many people can play because their graphics card is not enough.
    I think it is fine the way it is, graphics doesn't really matter as long as the game is fun. People had a lot of fun on Runescape and the graphics are bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~I very much enjoy this lovely game and wonderful people here~
  • xxxdrackosxxx
    xxxdrackosxxx Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Okay devs, you heard 'em, stop making new skills and fixing bugs and adding new features and just make our characters look prettier. That's what we all want, yep, totally.

    EDIT: And I agree with Melody, the graphics do look good. Especially for an F2P. Do you want it to be as pretty as Avatar or something? For free? Not happening.

    It means that you've only read one sentence of my post.Does it mean that you can't prove that Forsaken World really meets 2011 graphic standards or you just lost your arguments somewhere in the kitchen ?
    That being said, I think that my previous post explained clearly the problem with FW .At least, when you read someone's post, read it completely and understand it.Perhaps it could change your mind.

    Reply to your edit : There are plenty of F2P mmorpgs (Vindictus included) that, at least, have better graphics than FW.It's for sure not a valuable reason to quit a game but it's one of them. So to resume my previous post : The graphical engine is a reason to choose a game and even if it isn't the best reason, it should be considered by every gaming company in order to stay in competition.
  • poaka
    poaka Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    OMG enough of this thread!!! i was over it when it first came out lol
    i think its too late to even consider changing the engine, maybe after a year once its fully out and theyre happy they could attempt adding some pretty graphics ect.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    In darkness theres always a light to lead the way...

    In light, darkness hides in the shadows.....
  • megamousegw
    megamousegw Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I find the Graphics fine. The concensus that most players can ahndle graphics heavy games is wrong. Even teh newest computers are hard pressed to play a graphics heavy game if it loads at all. This beign testing the question of graphics should not come up, unless there is a buug found (an NPC's ehad floating above its body for example). Who knows they may give it better graphics after it goes live.
  • gerogia
    gerogia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Quite a few F2P games have good graphics. You don't want to spend hours of your life watching jagged lines.

    But yeah, probably too late for them to change it. How long did it take Eve Online to add anti-aliasing :p

    But if Vindictus and Loong could do it...why not here?
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You gotta think, making the game look prettier takes time, time that is better spent fixing bugs and adding new features.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • billbob2
    billbob2 Posts: 26
    edited January 2011
    Or, PWI could look at following in the footsteps of Turbine, who release a low-res and hi-res version of their game clients... that way people with lower spec rigs can play on the eye-candy-removed version of the client, and those of us with decent rigs can play with all the good stuff like AA, AF and AO

    would probably take time to release a second client but it would be worth it in the long run... multi-core PCs are pretty much mainstream now, as are rigs with high spec graphics cards and masses of RAM, etc, so IMO if PWE wants to keep the $$$ coming in, they need to cater to those of us who have a decent rig, and not just aim at people who have laptops or 7 year old windows XP machines... (hopes this doesnt start a debate about how **** XP really is for gaming)
  • th30ry
    th30ry Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    billbob2 wrote: »
    Or, PWI could look at following in the footsteps of Turbine, who release a low-res and hi-res version of their game clients... that way people with lower spec rigs can play on the eye-candy-removed version of the client, and those of us with decent rigs can play with all the good stuff like AA, AF and AO

    would probably take time to release a second client but it would be worth it in the long run... multi-core PCs are pretty much mainstream now, as are rigs with high spec graphics cards and masses of RAM, etc, so IMO if PWE wants to keep the $$$ coming in, they need to cater to those of us who have a decent rig, and not just aim at people who have laptops or 7 year old windows XP machines... (hopes this doesnt start a debate about how **** XP really is for gaming)

    Yea man I agree.

    I understand the reason for making the game playable by old Pc's as it
    opens the game to alot more players which should bring in more customers.
    But it seems to turn the players with real money away, to play Rift or whatever else.
    (This is just how I feel atm, but im high ignore me)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pensri
    pensri Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Ok you know what. I may not be chosen for beta but I have seen the videos and I'm not going to read all this **** I'm just gonna say this....IT IS BETA! Of course its gonna run horriably! Not all the coding is in the game yet. Its great you point out the lag but geezus its not even fully integrated yet. Wait until like the first 3 open beta patches and if it still lags then feel free to complain. And stop compairing it to PWI graphics the engine is completely differnt. You can easly tell by looking at both their resoultions.

    Yes rage on me if you want but I am sick and tired of people constantly complaining about this. I mean come on what do you think a beta is? XD Peace I am out :P
  • mk16
    mk16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    gerogia wrote: »
    Quite a few F2P games have good graphics. You don't want to spend hours of your life watching jagged lines.

    But yeah, probably too late for them to change it. How long did it take Eve Online to add anti-aliasing :p

    But if Vindictus and Loong could do it...why not here?

    Vinfaildus is not an MMO. An MMO is defined by how many people can be on the same screen at a time and even in town you will not see over 30 people. Vin is fully instanced, and only small amounts of people can enter, it's essentially the same as any other buy-to-play online game like Diablo or some FPS except that it has a hub and auction.

    By contrast, Aion, L2, PW pvps can have up to several hundreds of people on screen. Heck, the harbor town has at least a hundred on screen. Probably more.

    That aside, Vinfaildus' graphics weren't that great imo, and Vinfaildus was designed from the ground up to be a low cost low maintenance game, which makes the fact it costs $5 a day to play (tokens) all the more hilarious.
    Banned for no reason on -two- accounts, thanks PWE
  • mk16
    mk16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Pandora Saga,

    You're kidding, right? That game's graphics are terrible.

    And again most of us don't care about better graphics we want the damn thing to run properly, and with the water settings turned up.
    Zero excuse for these low quality year 2003 graphics, to give us 10-20 fps in town with a discrete graphics card.

    Also you people whining about AA can force it in your graphics driver settings. It doesn't even affect your framerate lol...
    Banned for no reason on -two- accounts, thanks PWE
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    billbob2 wrote: »
    Or, PWI could look at following in the footsteps of Turbine, who release a low-res and hi-res version of their game clients... that way people with lower spec rigs can play on the eye-candy-removed version of the client, and those of us with decent rigs can play with all the good stuff like AA, AF and AO

    would probably take time to release a second client but it would be worth it in the long run... multi-core PCs are pretty much mainstream now, as are rigs with high spec graphics cards and masses of RAM, etc, so IMO if PWE wants to keep the $$$ coming in, they need to cater to those of us who have a decent rig, and not just aim at people who have laptops or 7 year old windows XP machines... (hopes this doesnt start a debate about how **** XP really is for gaming)

    That "eye-candy" still takes time to make and code, time which is again better spent on making the game funner.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • mk16
    mk16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    That "eye-candy" still takes time to make and code, time which is again better spent on making the game funner.

    They can make the game more fun by recoding the engine without memory leaks or crashes and fully utilize our GPUs so we can turn water effects on. Better yet, so we dont get 10 fps on complete low settings.
    Banned for no reason on -two- accounts, thanks PWE
  • illegalburrito
    illegalburrito Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    pensri wrote: »
    IT IS BETA!

    This.
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    pensri wrote: »
    Ok you know what. I may not be chosen for beta but I have seen the videos and I'm not going to read all this **** I'm just gonna say this....IT IS BETA! Of course its gonna run horriably! Not all the coding is in the game yet. Its great you point out the lag but geezus its not even fully integrated yet. Wait until like the first 3 open beta patches and if it still lags then feel free to complain. And stop compairing it to PWI graphics the engine is completely differnt. You can easly tell by looking at both their resoultions.

    Yes rage on me if you want but I am sick and tired of people constantly complaining about this. I mean come on what do you think a beta is? XD Peace I am out :P

    Does that mean that it will change in the open beta? No. They use the same engine as in PWI, the Angelica 3D engine. Do some researches and then talk about.
    First of all reducing all the setting to a MINIMUM in a town is just because the PC will freeze thanks to the good coding of the graphical engine. Second the word "BETA" is pretty much used and mostly what you see now you will see in the open beta and release of the game, so don't exaggerate with that word much. The recoding of the game's engine will be a good thing even if they need to shut the game down just for recoding and having it better in the release date. It's really an disappointing graphical engine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erma
    erma Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    heroicfish wrote: »
    I suppose global warming is a myth and the holocaust was made up for compensation payments, too, right?

    No.

    Avatar was a great movie. We're killing our world and it needs to be noticed/changed. Commercials, presidential addresses, riots, campaigns, laws, deaths, and whatever else that's been done in attempts to clean up the earth hasn't been enough to change the ways of billions of ignorant people, so maybe a flashy billion dollar movie will. It got my attention.

    Sometimes I think I could cut off a New Yorker's limb, and they'd just carelessly toss it on the ground. It's disgusting..

    I guess we're all entitled to our opinions though.



    Aren't limbs biodegradable x D : )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mk16
    mk16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This.

    The engine is not beta. The ONLY thing beta is on the server side.

    Sick and tired of people throwing the word beta around, half the time the games aren't even really beta at all, just kr - en translation with some poorly configured servers and text errors.
    Banned for no reason on -two- accounts, thanks PWE
  • poaka
    poaka Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ok how old is this thread now???? seriously....this thread needs to die we get the point, people think the engine is fail so they complain....its a f2p game dont get so stressed go buy a barbie doll if u want to play with something pretty :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    In darkness theres always a light to lead the way...

    In light, darkness hides in the shadows.....
  • mk16
    mk16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Thread will not die until closed or wanmei learns to code and stop reusing broken engines from 2003.
    Banned for no reason on -two- accounts, thanks PWE
  • haggisn
    haggisn Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    Have you ever played Minecraft?

    Deal with it.









    I know this thread is eons old, just for the fun :P
  • mk16
    mk16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    haggisn wrote: »
    Have you ever played Minecraft?

    Nobody sane has.

    And on that topic, the dev of minecraft is out of his mind trying to charge for expansions to a game with no graphics and basic coding LOL
    Can't believe the things people will spend money on.
    Banned for no reason on -two- accounts, thanks PWE
  • xxxdrackosxxx
    xxxdrackosxxx Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    haggisn wrote: »
    Have you ever played Minecraft?

    Deal with it.









    I know this thread is eons old, just for the fun :P

    What a no sens, as a beta tester, to not try to make an mmorpg the best possible.
    Minecraft is something you can't compare with other games. It's as unique as second life.
    The graphical engin of Forsaken World is disappointing, for an mmorpg which is released in 2011 and which is supposedly designed for a western audience. We're also in the real world , the adult world , so there is no need to be as gentle with PWE regarding to the defaults of their latest titles. This beta is done to have feedback and feedback we give.Not compliments we post on forums to please the company.For me, doing so is worse than trolling because it's totally nonproductive for the company itself.
  • maxinum1425
    maxinum1425 Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I don't mind at all really, I like the lighting in this game, I think the content of the game is fine as well, but the graphics kinda remind me of sims 2... Lol, But seriously it really does, Is this a bad thing? Im not sure, But it gives me a feel of the game to be cartoony and fantasy but not really cartoony and fantasy like.. heh... :)
  • heroicfish
    heroicfish Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    erma wrote: »
    Aren't limbs biodegradable x D : )

    Pre-McDonalds, yes. Now, no.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

    The sensation was scissors and too much to scream,
    so instead I just started to laugh.
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    poaka wrote: »
    its a f2p game
    have you seen the recent f2p titles? This game feels like it's 2005 again engine-wise. And NOT just graphical engine, basically how game mechanics are handled too.
This discussion has been closed.