Bound Fashion and Mounts

tyanara
tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
To start it I do understand why they would want to make gear bound on use, so that people who have epic gear and upgraded won't just give to noobs (or sell) like that when they quit or replace that gear.

However my problem is with fashion and mounts. Why the hell these become bound on use as well? I mean, there won't be all fashion and mounts in the game from the start, they will add tons more with time and promotions. If there's a new fashion that some people will prefer over the old one, they will have no choice but to trash the old one? I don't understand this, the bound system would work only if there would be all fashion and mount types from the beginning, which is not the case.
Post edited by tyanara on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
«1

Comments

  • xolu
    xolu Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Its a good tactic to make people spend more money.

    Also think it would be rather annoying if your 1200 leaf level 50 mount dropped when you got pked. Even if you're not flagged, there's always that 1% chance (or whatever the chance is).
    IGN: Kiwifruit
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Well they could always make cash shop stuff unable to drop or something if that's the case O.o

    And actually it demotivates me to spend more money. Because if a new mount comes out for example, I am reluctant to buy it since I already have one and it will only result in trashing this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angelicmuse
    angelicmuse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    Well they could always make cash shop stuff unable to drop or something if that's the case O.o

    And actually it demotivates me to spend more money. Because if a new mount comes out for example, I am reluctant to buy it since I already have one and it will only result in trashing this.

    Agreed^^ Cash Shop Fash and Mounts shouldn't be bound or able to drop in PK
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xephona
    xephona Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    In PWI your fashion was safe if it was on you, but your wings COULD drop if you were in PK mode and red enough. It was incentive for people to buy another cash shop item to prevent dropping. I say they should run with that system, let clothing be undroppable, yet tradable (for when they remove old stuff from cash shop), and leave mounts droppable as incentive to not be too stupid with your redness. Poor baby, has to spend more money on cash shop. PWE has had no issue in the past forcing you to buy more stuff.
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=76401
  • sassiangel
    sassiangel Posts: 80
    edited January 2011
    dont even have to be red...pink can even cause you to loose flying mounts in PWI :( Found out the hard way once lol never again....
  • xephona
    xephona Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    sassiangel wrote: »
    dont even have to be red...pink can even cause you to loose flying mounts in PWI :( Found out the hard way once lol never again....

    "red enough"

    I coulda sworn that light pink only dropped inventory, dark pink could drop equipped and inventory, and red could drop like 5-6 items from either.
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=76401
  • chaosheart27
    chaosheart27 Posts: 1,233 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I have to agree. I don't mind the system for armor and weaps, but cs mounts and fashion shouldn't be bound. Nothing I hate more than getting tired of a fashion and then not being able to sell it >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art done by Apple, Sig by Neoyoshi *Much ♥*


    My ♥ Belongs to Forseti.
    Honor has not to be won; it must only not be lost.
    *Playing since Phase 1/Day 1*
  • ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    if these are not to be bound then a not dropped on pk status could work. but i dont understand the outburst here, these kinds of things are always bound. its the norm even if one random game didnt do it. you buy a mount or fashion because you like it, ur greed for newer models shouldnt affect older ones, you bought it for a reason. these items are collectors items anyway, why get rid of the older ones? you did want them remember?

    *cough*"bind lifter"*cough*
  • pizzblack
    pizzblack Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    PWE should totally make more money with bound fashion/pets. /sarcasm

    Really...if they wanted to make more...and **** people over...

    This is the way to go.


    In fact...that's kinda real world-ish.

    You have your "cool item" now. A while later something cooler comes out.

    You don't hesitate to buy the cooler "item", but now your previous "cool item" has

    become "junk item."

    Nobody really wants junk, unless they are a hoarder (a bad, bad condition).

    There aren't recycles nor goodwills either...so it has to be trashed.


    Ah, but you could aslo....buy up tons of space expansions...but yeah...there goes your $$$

    you would have wanted to spend on other Cash Shop wares.

    Mhm, way to go PWE, GG.
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

    There once was a BlackCard...~
  • veterandoggy
    veterandoggy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It's going to be a fair chunk of their income, so don't expect it to get changed any time soon.

    also, at least be glad that it's not TIMED fashion or mounts. You should have no reason at all to buy the level 30 CS mount, because it looks the same as the one you buy for 30 soul gold, and if you were smart enough to save up your soul gold and not spend it on anything unnecessary (like +9ing your lvl 20 equips) then you should have enough gold to buy it immediately at level 30.
  • pizzblack
    pizzblack Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It's going to be a fair chunk of their income, so don't expect it to get changed any time soon.

    also, at least be glad that it's not TIMED fashion or mounts. You should have no reason at all to buy the level 30 CS mount, because it looks the same as the one you buy for 30 soul gold, and if you were smart enough to save up your soul gold and not spend it on anything unnecessary (like +9ing your lvl 20 equips) then you should have enough gold to buy it immediately at level 30.

    ^Agree.

    DON'T make it rain.

    Unless you have an unfathomable amount of money.

    In all seriousness, you are better off buying from the CS and selling off everything you get.
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

    There once was a BlackCard...~
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 98
    edited January 2011
    They have been doing this with all their games (besides PWI), so this is not going to change.
    Deal with it : D
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ylanday69 wrote: »
    if these are not to be bound then a not dropped on pk status could work. but i dont understand the outburst here, these kinds of things are always bound. its the norm even if one random game didnt do it. you buy a mount or fashion because you like it, ur greed for newer models shouldnt affect older ones, you bought it for a reason. these items are collectors items anyway, why get rid of the older ones? you did want them remember?

    *cough*"bind lifter"*cough*
    You missed my point. New mounts come that are not necessarily better. For example now we only have a panther (level 50 mount) but let's say they introduce a tiger mount. Some people may prefer the tiger, but already bought panther because of lack of options before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaosheart27
    chaosheart27 Posts: 1,233 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    We are all aware... we'll I am at least, that you are right and it probably won't change. We can still voice our opinions.

    The Chinese version has both temp and perm fashion. I for one hope PWE puts this in our version as well. I like to try things out before buying a permanent one, especially since after I buy it it will be bound to me permanently once I put it on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art done by Apple, Sig by Neoyoshi *Much ♥*


    My ♥ Belongs to Forseti.
    Honor has not to be won; it must only not be lost.
    *Playing since Phase 1/Day 1*
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    You missed my point. New mounts come that are not necessarily better. For example now we only have a panther (level 50 mount) but let's say they introduce a tiger mount. Some people may prefer the tiger, but already bought panther because of lack of options before.

    I agree completely, i think ill hesitate at buying anything expensive since ill be stuck with it forever.
    Im fine with it autobinding upon use, for both mounts and fashion-as long as theres a unbind scroll available for the day i want something new.

    * * *
    And as far as profit goes, i think PWIS system would be more profitable than others, if you look at pwi, where stuff isnt autobound, people have heaps and heaps and heaps of fashion. I myself had over 50 pieces of fashion on one char and 30+ on the other-if i knew that would all bind upon use i wouldnt have gotten more than one or two sets and thatd be the case for the majority of people. Looking through their other titles, people dont seem to have bought great masses of fashion, so i think theyve actually lost themselves some money here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • purpleviolin
    purpleviolin Posts: 7
    edited January 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    Well they could always make cash shop stuff unable to drop or something if that's the case O.o

    Thats why its bound O.o



    In other games, they have periodically released a CS item that will unbound fashion. Obviously you cannot re-equip it without binding it again.


    From my Experience in other PWE games, the mounts are mostly useless. Unless you upgrade them for speed, they are just barely faster than walking.
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Thats why its bound O.o



    In other games, they have periodically released a CS item that will unbound fashion. Obviously you cannot re-equip it without binding it again.


    From my Experience in other PWE games, the mounts are mostly useless. Unless you upgrade them for speed, they are just barely faster than walking.

    Mounts are 135% and 150% speed case you didnt know o.o

    I think the main reason most of us want things to not be bound/unbinding scrolls is so we can sell it when were bored of it, so even if things rebound upon use that wouldnt be a problem :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • masaki777
    masaki777 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I find it funny how many people still think PWE does all the coding...Don't get me wrong, I love PWE they have the best F2P hell best games overall. But do realize...they don't actually code anything, the chinese part of the company does. Nor do they make anything either, if you go to the career section on the list, theres no jobs of modelers, only jobs for database experts, website designers, translators, and pearl language but thats to help with the translation of the game I'm sure. .

    Now that you understand that you will get the next thing I say...The only way I seeing the fashion and mounts being unbound when bought and equipped is if the Chinese FW does the same thing first. So in the mean time, its best to either just deal with it or don't buy zen.
  • th30ry
    th30ry Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    masaki777 wrote: »
    I find it funny how many people still think PWE does all the coding...Don't get me wrong, I love PWE they have the best F2P hell best games overall. But do realize...they don't actually code anything, the chinese part of the company does. Nor do they make anything either, if you go to the career section on the list, theres no jobs of modelers, only jobs for database experts, website designers, translators, and pearl language but thats to help with the translation of the game I'm sure. .

    Now that you understand that you will get the next thing I say...The only way I seeing the fashion and mounts being unbound when bought and equipped is if the Chinese FW does the same thing first. So in the mean time, its best to either just deal with it or don't buy zen.

    So you think US PWE cant get content changed for our version?

    On the contrary to what you find funny, I see more people pointing out
    that US companies dont develop the game and cant change anything, then I do
    people actually not knowing this old and obvious fact.

    The main point is our GM's ask the dev's for the changes we suggest.
    Whether or not the dev's make these changes depend on if they agree
    and if our GM's put their foot down to get what they're paying for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Dont worry they will have some item in the CS that you can buy that will protect your gear from falling, like 200 leaves per each and will last for **** days.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • bratt256
    bratt256 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Also,what if you wanna trade fashion between your other characters? Example,you decide to switch your main to a different character but your old character you are simply bored with has all of your cash shop items. Problem. :(

    I believe it shouldnt be droppable (thats just wrong) But indeed tradable. I know one game where people only play it to trade,I once played a game and just constantly traded,I enjoyed it,I didn't even level and I had fun,I had several fashions and yet I also would still spend money to get the new items. Then when I got tired of that,I'd trade again,and some people buy the items to sell for in game currency.

    It's part of the economy of a game,its a way of 'life'.


    But by doing this it may keep prices high,very high. And may discourage some people who really are unable to buy things with real money.
  • bratt256
    bratt256 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Note: That some games do sell cash shop items that unbind objects such as cash shop fashions and mounts. They could go with this method,making money in the process.
  • masaki777
    masaki777 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    th30ry wrote: »
    So you think US PWE cant get content changed for our version?

    On the contrary to what you find funny, I see more people pointing out
    that US companies dont develop the game and cant change anything, then I do
    people actually not knowing this old and obvious fact.

    The main point is our GM's ask the dev's for the changes we suggest.
    Whether or not the dev's make these changes depend on if they agree
    and if our GM's put their foot down to get what they're paying for.

    Where in my statement did it not say the GMs for PWE part of the company not ask the others for such code? Nowhere...I just mainly stated that THEY CANT EDIT IT THEMSELVES! Yes asking for change may get somewhere...but it still won't happen like players want to. Do you know how many people on PWI wants **** marriage? Almost 1/3 the player base. Of course they could always go ask the chinese company if they can change the code to meet US/International standards but do they? I don't know but nothing is ever changed. People draw fashion to be modeled into the game..they hold contests for fashion drawings. We never see them in game, why? Chinese have to test it out first. Everything goes through Chinese servers before the International servers. Hell I heard Chinese FW is already in open beta, see my point?

    As for everyone else complaining...if you don't like it, don't buy Zen. They game is called Free to Play not "Let me spend all my money on fashion *grabs credit card*" There will be those that will sell fashion for in game gold instead of equipping it. Buy it like that if you're so worried about it.
  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I played a game where you had a central warehouse where you could store the items bought in CS and all your characters on your account had access to this main central warehouse. So if I was bored with a toon that I jave invested a lot of CS items I would drop the items on the warehouse and access them with my other character. Mainly talking about mounts, fashions, etc because some of the weapons and armor are typical of one toon, like mage/warrior have different items but mount and fashion items, scrolls etc that you buy in CS should be able to transfer between characters in one account.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • amazinghaze
    amazinghaze Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I agree with making the mounts tradeble after use (not being able to drop in PvP tho). The fashion however i think should remain bound upon use, fashion is like gear and its not like the other fashion items would be way better. For example a 150% speed mount or 200% makes a huge difference how ever another type of fashion doesnt really make that much of a difference. Also fashion a the moment is not as expensive as the Panther or Racial mounts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edi
    edi Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I agree that they can put new item in CS for unbind other CS items u already used but...

    if u have mount speed 150% panther and they release tiger mount same speed...and u just want to buy new one for look, then u should rly pay...like girls must buy fashion, get bored after 2 weeks...well they should pay for new one...next we might ask is: Im bored of it and since I already payed, can I pls exchange, in same amount of leaves, for sumthing new in CS?

    Bound CS items r there for reason, dont get me wrong. And they should stay like that rly. How about I unbind my mount that I bought for 30sg and sell it for real golds? Or sum other stuff u can buy in guild base? I think that PWI made very good choice of which items to be able to bind. Wouldnt change anything there.
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    masaki777 wrote: »
    I find it funny how many people still think PWE does all the coding...Don't get me wrong, I love PWE they have the best F2P hell best games overall. But do realize...they don't actually code anything, the chinese part of the company does. Nor do they make anything either, if you go to the career section on the list, theres no jobs of modelers, only jobs for database experts, website designers, translators, and pearl language but thats to help with the translation of the game I'm sure. .

    Now that you understand that you will get the next thing I say...The only way I seeing the fashion and mounts being unbound when bought and equipped is if the Chinese FW does the same thing first. So in the mean time, its best to either just deal with it or don't buy zen.
    Well game is in Closed Beta... and I am giving my feedback as a tester and my opinions on what needs to be changed. I think there is a slight chance they might modify things, otherwise the point of a CB this long would be null.
    edi wrote: »
    How about I unbind my mount that I bought for 30sg and sell it for real golds?
    Obviously soul gold mounts (the beginner one) should always be bound, like all stuff you buy with soul coins.

    And I never mentioned you will get your leafs back when you want, just that you can give the old mount to other players (free as a gift, or in exchange for coins aka selling). It works like that in PWI and the fashion/mount economy was very healthy if you know what I mean, wasn't a bad thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xsolarx
    xsolarx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I kind of like fashion and everything being bound. So when you get a red name they wont drop like in PW.

    But I do understand your concern. Fashion and mounts take up space in your inventory. In WoW, I liked how they did the mount thing. They had a whole window area where you could view your mounts like a collection and select which one you want to ride instead of it taking precious bag space in your inventory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world isn't perfect, so play in one that's Forsaken.
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    masaki777 wrote: »
    Where in my statement did it not say the GMs for PWE part of the company not ask the others for such code? Nowhere...I just mainly stated that THEY CANT EDIT IT THEMSELVES! Yes asking for change may get somewhere...but it still won't happen like players want to. Do you know how many people on PWI wants **** marriage? Almost 1/3 the player base. Of course they could always go ask the chinese company if they can change the code to meet US/International standards but do they? I don't know but nothing is ever changed. People draw fashion to be modeled into the game..they hold contests for fashion drawings. We never see them in game, why? Chinese have to test it out first. Everything goes through Chinese servers before the International servers. Hell I heard Chinese FW is already in open beta, see my point?

    As for everyone else complaining...if you don't like it, don't buy Zen. They game is called Free to Play not "Let me spend all my money on fashion *grabs credit card*" There will be those that will sell fashion for in game gold instead of equipping it. Buy it like that if you're so worried about it.

    The reason they haven added **** marriage despite the popular demand is because its illegal for them to do it.

    The PWI fashion contest, they said we MIGHT see them in the future. Or itd be used for inspiration for their designers.

    The chinese population also wants a unbinding scroll BTW.

    TBH you sound like someone whos just jealous of those who are able to purchase zhen. .
    edi wrote: »
    Bound CS items r there for reason, dont get me wrong. And they should stay like that rly. How about I unbind my mount that I bought for 30sg and sell it for real golds? Or sum other stuff u can buy in guild base? I think that PWI made very good choice of which items to be able to bind. Wouldnt change anything there.

    As far as bound items such as guild mounts and such, they are actually capable of making items permanently unbindable even if a unbinding scroll was added so it wouldnt be a issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • pensri
    pensri Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    I played a game where you had a central warehouse where you could store the items bought in CS and all your characters on your account had access to this main central warehouse. So if I was bored with a toon that I jave invested a lot of CS items I would drop the items on the warehouse and access them with my other character. Mainly talking about mounts, fashions, etc because some of the weapons and armor are typical of one toon, like mage/warrior have different items but mount and fashion items, scrolls etc that you buy in CS should be able to transfer between characters in one account.

    I like your idea Id be cool with that.