where all the beards at?

banditoattack
banditoattack Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Marksman Discussion
i started up this game for the first time and saw that there were dwarves. BADASS i thought. PWI didn't have them. i love dwarves. manliest RPG archetype ever conceived. then i saw that they had big **** guns. good god, that's the most monumentally awesome MAN class ever created. dwarves, beards, and muskets. it's like gimli and clint eastwood fused together dragonball Z style and this is what they formed.

then i noticed that there was a female option for dwarves. lol? no. i look at it anyway. "seriously?". that's a 10 year old girl. mind=blown. "how is that a dwarf" i thought. nevermind. i have a beard and a musket, therefore the creepy little girl is irrelevant.

so i start my game up, and get my first musket. it's just as good as i hoped it would be. what's this, soul bullets? this class actually has interactions and is fun to play? get out of here. this is the best.

so i continue playing, and i'm noticing there aren't many other dwarves running about the starting area. is this class really that unpopular? seems fun to me. odd.

i would soon realize that there are, indeed, other dwarves, but i was on the look out for the wrong type. i was looking for other manly man bearded bros. i then realize i'm a man in an endless ocean of little girls.

i am level 27, i've been playing for a bit more than a week, and i'm thoroughly creeped the hell out by this. i understand that some guys play girl chars and some girls play guy chars, i prefer playing a woman on support classes myself (guy priest is the most awkward thing ever), but the ratio is never as skewed as this. i've literally seen about 5 other man dwarfs in my entire time playing this game.

so either the vast majority of the players using dwarves are girls who like cutesy things (i can see that), or the vast majority of the dudes playing dwarves are irl creepers and pedos who enjoy dressing up a 10 year old girl.

tl;dr = the amount of guys apparently playing female dwarves is creepy. stop it.
Post edited by banditoattack on

Comments

• xsurticx
    xsurticx Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Welcome to MMOs with lolis in it.
    Ragequit Non-factor
    Kurokona: 40 Priest
  • leocord
    leocord Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i loled!!!

u remind me of me.....
    the real reason i chose a male dwarf was its awesom customisation....
  • melnii
    melnii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I see a lot of male Dwarves actually. o-o Whenever I'm in a party with a fellow Dwarf, it's atleast 80% of the time a male, stuffing boogers in his beard. And yea the Dwarf popularity is low, but that common sense because they can only be one class, while other races get 2-3 classes in the same starter area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is Onomatomania, my avatar thing is messed up.
  • hanasaurus
    hanasaurus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Maybe a lot of girls playing the game DO like dwarves. :O

I know I'm playing one just because I don't think I've ever seen a female dwarf in any other game before o _O.

Plus they're so cute! AND they get boomsticks. Why would you find them creepy D:?
    Rawr! Here comes the Hanasaurus Rex!
  • losarot
    losarot Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    We are Lolirific and we shall RULE Forsaken World muhahaha
    , deadly and innocent awww its soo perfect isnt it
    Rifles High Fools were going huntin
  • melnii
    melnii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    YUS, female Dwarves are adorable. D: If they were made like the regular burly dwarves, no females would play them (duh, we're females, we care about how our character looks :P).

I chose them because ranged classes are my fave, and they seemed more fun then the Mage in this game (because the Mage looked just like Mages from a billion other MMO's, and I always play a Mage, so yay for more of the same), so it was a nice change which I certainly don't regret. :]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is Onomatomania, my avatar thing is messed up.
  • losarot
    losarot Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    LMAO Mel i came over here to be a mage too , figured ok im one in PW ill keep on doing what i know, I get here and yea im like Yawn, it felt a lil stale, then i seen my first female dwarf ( i hadnt paid much attention to them in the preview reveals ) Actually to tell you the truth i just didnt have much fun on my mage .
    Now im a guy playing a LOli dwarf not cus im creepy ( ok not totally :P) actually A good friend of mine is a BIG lolita fashionista and I absolutely love her to death and the style as well. I figure if i didnt want to be a mage this time i might as well play something so adorable it will make you hurl , plus the big guns were a plus .
    SO yeah now i have this purple haired pixie looking girl with a huge gun, I think i can live with that, so far i havnt gotten to try any other classes though im gonna give a priest and a stoneman a run just to know them cus they might be good alts . But I have a sneaking suspicion im gonna be running a MM loli
    Rifles High Fools were going huntin
  • xsirunner
    xsirunner Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    melnii wrote: »
    YUS, female Dwarves are adorable. D: If they were made like the regular burly dwarves, no females would play them (duh, we're females, we care about how our character looks :P).

I chose them because ranged classes are my fave, and they seemed more fun then the Mage in this game (because the Mage looked just like Mages from a billion other MMO's, and I always play a Mage, so yay for more of the same), so it was a nice change which I certainly don't regret. :]

yay other happy female dwarf players :D as a girl i thought they were the only female class that wasnt creepy! (elf eyebrows + weird ears...no no no). i really hope they dont nerf them too bad for OB, i honestly am looking forward to rerolling exactly the same dwarf. still guess its only rumours :/ would never play warrior after pwi bm boredom x_x
  • iternull
    iternull Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lol im actually very different, i usually hate dwarves and gnomes and such and im usually the elf player. but i gave bard and warrior a shot aswell as vamp, and then i tried out a male mm and im lovin how funny he looks yet hes still badass , cant wait till lvl 70 armor :) still havent decided if i want to have one of the shorter moustache beards or a big long one for ob >.<
  • moonsmasher
    moonsmasher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I thought the same thing when I was checking out previews of fw and saw the fem dwarves. )8 blahh. the cutesy 10 y/o little girl type is annoying, and it's in everything now.. (but then again I'm a girl who usually only plays male characters anyway, soo). I don't know. not hatin', just sayin'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ムーンスマシャー
  • chaosheart27
    chaosheart27 Posts: 1,233 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I personally love my lil dwarf.... I play a girly one because I'm in fact female. *Shrugs*

mlrt6r.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art done by Apple, Sig by Neoyoshi *Much ♥*

My ♥ Belongs to Forseti.
    Honor has not to be won; it must only not be lost.
    *Playing since Phase 1/Day 1*
  • melifor1
    melifor1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I think I have to give it a try. Anyways, creepy little girl is something I'd love to see more than a cute little girl. Dwarf vampire... or dwarf blackmage... I'd never play anything else ever again.
  • toxsickpanda
    toxsickpanda Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I did kind of chuckle when I read this.
    Anyway, I am female, and well, I usually play females. In fact, I've only played a male once. But that's not my point. I doubt the majority of the female dwarves you see are creepy guys, but instead girls that like having cutesy chars. I like my girly girl char, as well as I like my priest or otherwise. I've probably just stuck to her because she was my first char on FW, and I've played with her mostly. I'm just sad I hardly ever see other dwarves in general u.u...
  • cerberss
    cerberss Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    So far, 99.6% of dwarve's I see are male. Although, I do understand how you feel. Most bards or priest I see are females, and when I talk to them I always ask what sex they are and they reply "I'm a guy." It's really annoying to me that so many men play as girl characters, but then again that's just how online games work. You get to be a different sex. You also have to keep in mind that not every man wants to see a big manly character on their screen. To be honest I'm a very neat and organized male. I hate the sight of boogers or other disgusting fluids. I always turn my screen away from the male dwarves because they constantly pick their nose and have this long spaghetti noodle coming out their nostril and that imagery makes my body cringe. I do admire the fact that some people, such as yourself play a male dwarf. One thing I love seeing is diversity, and if everyone in the game is a female, then I'm not exactly satisfied.
    SweetMelodies / DeliciousHeals
  • tocki
    tocki Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    the vast majority of the players using dwarves are girls who like cutesy things.
    - yeah. 10 points for dat. so true.

i play a female dwarf myself, but dat's because i like the guns.
    i think pwe knew what they were doing when they asked designers to create a rather cuter race, dat's just hwo it is. loads of girls prefer cute little pink thingos.. and loads of girls like to dress them up in fashion... fashion=mall.=money. xD (it's just part of my conclusion)

btw. i'm a girl.
  • cerberss
    cerberss Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    (Off Topic) Is that a yaoi pic moonsmasher? :D<3
    SweetMelodies / DeliciousHeals
  • moonsmasher
    moonsmasher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    @cerberss

yeah, fo' sho'. ;D ssj4 goku and vegeta haha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ムーンスマシャー
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Well i know i and other girls would love to dress a 10 year old up in dresses and such IRL, so why not do it in a game :3

Im not playing one as a main, but i tested it out and their sooo uber cutez, in their little dresses and mini shoes :P

The only thing that bothers me is the pedobears going to be really busy once they release the marriage packs x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/