[SUGGESTION]: Duel-Talent Option

rayneia
rayneia Posts: 40 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Suggestion Box
This topic was discussed lightly in the General section of the forums though I would like to make it as an actual suggestion.

I would like to suggest that Forsaken World introduce a duel-talent system which will allow the player to have 2 talent specializations. This becomes of key importance for those players that do both PvP and PvE and need the primary changes in each spec to be a success. As such, once a player reaches a certain level (20 or 30 perhaps), they should be given the ability to pick a secondary talent spec. Once selected though, the player would need to use an item from the item shop to change either of those talent specs.

Comments?
Post edited by rayneia on

Comments

• fayrk
    fayrk Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    agree, if PWE sell some item for can put a dual-talent, if u have some tank or priest pve pure, only change talent tree, and put a pvp gear u can make a best pvp whit u char.

this need be implemented, for all can make pvp, and not only the DPS chars (damage per second)
  • heroicfish
    heroicfish Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Please learn to english before posting in every thread
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

The sensation was scissors and too much to scream,
    so instead I just started to laugh.
  • mk16
    mk16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This suggestion ruins pvp,no thanks.

Resets shouldn't exist either.
    Banned for no reason on -two- accounts, thanks PWE
  • rjperson
    rjperson Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    mk16 wrote: »
    This suggestion ruins pvp,no thanks.

Resets shouldn't exist either.

How exactly does it ruin pvp?
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i didn't even got what u meant with this.. but..
    i think.. that's why u have talent compass.. dont u think?

• darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i didn't even got what u meant with this.. but..
    i think.. that's why u have talent compass.. dont u think?

+1 x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • rayneia
    edited January 2011
    rjperson wrote: »
    How exactly does it ruin pvp?

I have the same question? What's wrong with being able to have multiple roles for multiple responsibilities. Why should I be able to heal my group in a PvE raid and then change over and do semi-pathetic DPS as a rebel priest in PvP?
  • npramirez
    npramirez Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I disagree. Players need to make sacrificies for a certain tree. Resets should be very hard to achieve. This way, when someone is specced for say, tanking as a prot, they can't just all of a sudden switch to pure dmg and wreck in pvp at the drop of a hat. That is what mk meant by it will ruin pvp. Everyone gets the best of both worlds. It doesn't make sense. Make ppl choose their priorities and suffer if they decide otherwise down the road.
  • mk16
    edited January 2011
    npramirez wrote: »
    I disagree. Players need to make sacrificies for a certain tree. Resets should be very hard to achieve. This way, when someone is specced for say, tanking as a prot, they can't just all of a sudden switch to pure dmg and wreck in pvp at the drop of a hat. That is what mk meant by it will ruin pvp. Everyone gets the best of both worlds. It doesn't make sense. Make ppl choose their priorities and suffer if they decide otherwise down the road.

^

Clearly these people haven't played non-easymode games where some classes just plain have to be leeched with a guild to get to a point where they **** in PVP. Everyone seems to want some easy WoW clone where you can level easy and can't **** yourself over permanently.

This is a point & click, easymode, skill-not-needed-for-pvp game. There has to be /something/ to set the pros apart from the scrubs. People who don't drop thousands on the cash shop or gold sellers should also have a chance, but we already know from PW, that PWE doesn't give a **** about that.
  • purpleviolin
    purpleviolin Posts: 7
    edited January 2011
    I disagree as well.

If you want to be party support PRiest, then support your party. A good dungeon Priest is no less valuable in PvP. Play your Role =/

A certain AAA MMO that is currently in testing has a fully swappable talent tree option at the drop of the hat. Its interesting...but IMO ruins the classes. You goto Dungeon with a "Tank" character and then they play DPS Tree and the Priest uses a tank tree and you all die - imagine that.

build 2 sets of gear. 1 for pvp, 1 for pve
  • rayneia
    edited January 2011
    For those that don’t agree with this concept, clearly you have never played WoW where at one point you are needed to heal a raid and then after, others want you to come run the arena with them. The fact is that in PvE there are certain skills/talents that are needed to support your team while in PvP, that support will greatly be altered based upon the need for increased survivability and CC skills. Overall, the concept of the class doesn’t change (you’re still healing) but the style by which you accomplish this is vastly different.

As another example, there have been times where I joined a group as a healer but due to certain requirements of a boss fight or a change in the membership of the group, I was asked to change to a more DPS (shadow) talent tree and provide additional CC/DPS on a target.

A duel-talent system doesn’t damage the game in any way rather it allows players to have multiple options available to them and increases the long-term playability. Being able to change up your talents when needed gives the game a continued breath of new life and prevents the “burn-out” that comes with playing the same style for extended periods of time.

For those that don’t like this idea, I would ask that you have a more open-minded approach to the concept and try to see the benefits that could come with this ability. As someone who lived by having a duel-talent option in WoW, I have come to be convinced that the versatility it offers vastly out-weighs any possible negatives.
  • mk16
    edited January 2011
    Why Cant I Freaking Quote Him And Post Wtf Edited This **** 3 Times Now STUPID FORUM

WoW is a pile of ****, it's too easy, there is no pro pvp, and noobs can keep up with pros.
    WoW is worse than F2Ps, because PVP > PVE and the only thing it's good for is PVE.

Bottom line is if you want 2 builds make 2 characters. It sinks more time and that is the whole purpose of games.