World Chat and other peeves

sardeth
sardeth Posts: 25 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Suggestion Box
1> I would like a way to turn it off World Chat, because I don't care to look it a bunch of adults pretending to be kids talking about gang-bangs, anal **** and STDs.

2> Ok, I do not PVP, but I am not against it and I dont mind being killed, what I do mind is when some one 5 or 6 levels above me is stalking the daily quest area, kills me and I resurect to a "supposed safe area" and get killed 2 more times by the same person just so they can have a cute red name over their head. That needs to be fixed ether a buffer of 5 minutes of PVP protection or when you resurrect, you actually resurrect in a safe zone that keeps you from being attacked.

3> I would like a way to lock the camera angle in third person view, failing that I would like a way to tun my camera angle via keyboard.
Post edited by sardeth on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If Stupidity got us into this, why can't it get us out?"
If you are going to scream "HEAL" at me and then curse at me because the heals are not coming fast enough for you liking, please have the common curiosity to do it in English, so I can laugh as you die. I play a vamp not a priest because I am not a heal bot.

Comments

• darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    1- They wont add the option to turn of wc, people pay money for flutes to be given the privelege of speaking without you being able to do a thing about it.

2-Agree, spawn points should either be in a safe zone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • acryllis
    acryllis Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    To the above poster there was a way to turn off world chat in other perfect world games, why not put it in here?

It's not about being forced to read something it's about letting everyone know something regardless of where they might be, most people use it to advertise a sale or to look for more people for an instance. People will still buy flutes and spam all day long, whether someone reads it or not does not matter.
    Aflac
  • xsolarx
    xsolarx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I totally agree with everything you said. +1 from me. =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world isn't perfect, so play in one that's Forsaken.
  • francischutney
    francischutney Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I don't know about in FW, but in PWI, there is an option under system settings to allow what text you want to be seen, I set it so i could see regular chat along with squad chat.

It's in system settings, and under the "Game" tab, then you check the boxes of what you want to be seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~I very much enjoy this lovely game and wonderful people here~
  • sardeth
    edited January 2011
    Considering that a few quests in this game give you a few WC flutes .... I think there should be a way to turn it off.

My new peeve involves the Training quests, again this is the pwi lag builder. One NPC that everyone has to talk too? I mean poor Astrologer, he must be in the same family as the poor Bounty Hunter that everyone has to hang around in LAGasuar.

How about a separate instance for player vendors? This way we don't have player vendors setting up shop say in the Banker NPC windows or perhaps a way to spread them out more say something like 10 in game meters away from NPCS? Also if its a separate instance you might be able to link it to other severs when they are established and for giggles you could add a pvp zone for server wars? I mean PWI had the constant this server is "sooo much better then the one you on" well now people can smack each other in game and prove it?

Also, I would like to ether see the autopathing fixed or the abillity to program my own path because, wow this is the PWI Mob finder all over minus the abillity to fly over the mobs and omg I am so beginning to hate that frigging lake that autopath takes me through when there are perfectly good roads. LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you are going to scream "HEAL" at me and then curse at me because the heals are not coming fast enough for you liking, please have the common curiosity to do it in English, so I can laugh as you die. I play a vamp not a priest because I am not a heal bot.
  • janedoe
    janedoe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    My #1 peeve: people that use local and world chats as a trade channel.
    #2: spamming for any reason in local chat
  • sardeth
    edited January 2011
    So Far the imports I see from PWI, Freedom Harbor is now the new Lagasuar, on central area that everyone has to go to, in order to dailies, timed Pet spawn areas that cause impromptu "lets what till they get its soul loose and while they are taming it I will PK them", over pricing of everything from mined items to the ingame "Leaves"

I mean with all the tickets about Lagasuar, they do exact the same thing in Forsaken World? One NPC everyone has to talk to 30 times for a daily? And lets load the place up with AKF shops several instance NPCs and a few other Dailies.

I mean this is supposed to be a new game, not PWI with vampires, dwarfs, and rock guys, but the layout is the same. One central hub everyone must go to and a lot of the training quests all lumped in together, let us not forget, of course, everyone selling their merch.

I mean so far I like most of the content, story line, races and classes, but if this game keeps crashing when I walk in to do dailies.....

They say this is an international game, I kind of think the only thing international about this game is each country involved translated the Asian into english, I mean you try to submit a bug report you get ask to install an Asian language pack.....

Right now I am getting frustrated because like PWI I will be told the resolution to my problem is to turn my graphics all the way down, I mean they knew this was going to be an issue because they have the quick switch on the mini map. So instead of spreading these NPCs out further or heck putting them in different pats of the map we have the standard Asian MMO congom set up.

I mean how hard would it be to make a separate instance for players to set up shops? How hard would it be to add a few more astrologers and other daily quest npcs in different parts of the map?
    How hard would it be to set up a stop for all the world chat?

I do understand that this is Beta, however this carbon copy set up here screams its PWI (with a little less grinding)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• sardeth
    edited January 2011
    went to do the mastery and defense class and again got to love how this quest works, no explanation going in, just defeat the npc and omg lets not forget the light colored script on a you guessed it light colored background, 3 minutes in and this guy's HP doesn't move, squinting I see, Oh I am supposed to hit him with a skill that has been buffed, well where does show I been buffed OMG that really tiny thing in the upper right hand corner
    so lets see I can ether watch my HP way on the upper left hand side of my screen or see what type of skill I can hit him with.

So lets see lets change the color of the fine print because its very hard on the eyes, funny I don't want to see world chat and want to be able to read what the quest tells me to do, but we got the reverse here. How about letting us re-size and move around parts of the display?

I mean I need a telescope sometimes, Also I would like a way to remove all of the HUD at times
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• sardeth
    edited January 2011
    that during the combat mastery quest I am supposed to attack the pillar/idol things? Why isn,t this in the quest details? All it says is defeat the guy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]