Lineage II sound effects?

urio
urio Posts: 26 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
This is just a quick thread for asking you guys, if you guys didn't notice that some skill sounds effects that are actually from Lineage II, or a remix of them. I notice myself when i used the one of the Priest Self-Blessing (the first you receive from a NPC i believe ).

Sooo, are the developers of Lineage II under the project of FW, or what xD?
Post edited by urio on
Phase 1 access: DENIED
Phase 2 access : DENIED
Phase 3 access : ACCEPTED!

Comments

  • amazinghaze
    amazinghaze Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    urio wrote: »
    This is just a quick thread for asking you guys, if you guys didn't notice that some skill sounds effects that are actually from Lineage II, or a remix of them. I notice myself when i used the one of the Priest Self-Blessing (the first you receive from a NPC i believe ).

    Sooo, are the developers of Lineage II under the project of FW, or what xD?

    Do the sounds of attacks and buffs even matter ?

    but it would be a good thing if LA II devs. also worked on FW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ronuble
    ronuble Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    l2 was developed by koreans and fw by chinese for what i know, but i love to see some ex l2 ppl here ^^ pvp is gonna be awesome if l2 players are coming to fw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • urio
    urio Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Do the sounds of attacks and buffs even matter ?

    but it would be a good thing if LA II devs. also worked on FW

    I didn't say it matter, i just notice and the question of development came to my mind. It was also to see if anyone has noticed too.

    ronuble wrote: »
    l2 was developed by koreans and fw by chinese for what i know, but i love to see some ex l2 ppl here ^^ pvp is gonna be awesome if l2 players are coming to fw.

    I still play it ;D
    Phase 1 access: DENIED
    Phase 2 access : DENIED
    Phase 3 access : ACCEPTED!
  • ronuble
    ronuble Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ya im playing too but im in a p.server while i wait for forsaken world CB4 :P hehe.
    dude im soooo adding you to my friend list when this comes out hahaha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • urio
    urio Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ronuble wrote: »
    ya im playing too but im in a p.server while i wait for forsaken world CB4 :P hehe.
    dude im soooo adding you to my friend list when this comes out hahaha.

    Ill be waiting ;D


    I just want a response from crab or something else about this question, then you can close.

    PS: Send me a PM with the P.Server. Maybe its the same has me
    Phase 1 access: DENIED
    Phase 2 access : DENIED
    Phase 3 access : ACCEPTED!
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    There no way ncsoft working on FW parts <.< . . and bluehole already had their own project.
    Probably just a coincidience or the developer had almost the same idea . . like how many sound effect or special effect is so close to each other games . . or movies . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Many sounds efefcts are very similar but I doubt it that they would go to the extreme of stealing some of the sounds.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • urio
    urio Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    My ears and 3 years of Lineage II don't lie, i swear i hear some sound effects from Lineage II
    Maybe yes, they could have done a remix of them, but still, i can hear them.
    Phase 1 access: DENIED
    Phase 2 access : DENIED
    Phase 3 access : ACCEPTED!
  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Like everything on life many sounds are own by a particular person or company and you pay royalties for using them, so you may be quite right, specially if you have played the other game and the sounds are familiar.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • mcsexxay
    mcsexxay Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ronuble wrote: »
    l2 was developed by koreans and fw by chinese for what i know, but i love to see some ex l2 ppl here ^^ pvp is gonna be awesome if l2 players are coming to fw.

    Played L2 for just shy of 4 years. Trying to get with some of my old peeps that I played with to all join this game. PvP with them will be really nice! I'm looking at around 20 players that will join with me ;)
  • mk16
    mk16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    L2 even used some "stolen" sounds, like... what was it, some of the music that plays in or near Ivory Tower. I haven't been able to name or source it but it's been in several movies and tv series.

    And I swear I've heard sounds from L2 in other games, not just this one.
    Banned for no reason on -two- accounts, thanks PWE
  • bryanfury83
    bryanfury83 Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    urio wrote: »
    My ears and 3 years of Lineage II don't lie, i swear i hear some sound effects from Lineage II
    Maybe yes, they could have done a remix of them, but still, i can hear them.

    I do play it since prelude and i do still play it, and i can say too that there are some sounds from L2
  • mcsexxay
    mcsexxay Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I wish I could hear these sounds!! >.<

    I started playing L2 day 1 when it came out, I'd be able to help you identify it! lol
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    mk16 wrote: »
    L2 even used some "stolen" sounds, like... what was it, some of the music that plays in or near Ivory Tower. I haven't been able to name or source it but it's been in several movies and tv series.

    And I swear I've heard sounds from L2 in other games, not just this one.
    they didnt steal, in the past they used mp3 with names of artist and song name.
    btw, from where do you think FW got the idea for these 'complete new classes' like they say... dwarf for example.... l2 has small fat man (male) and little girl (female) for years and you will find more similarities if you play the game
  • bryanfury83
    bryanfury83 Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    kenlee wrote: »
    they didnt steal, in the past they used mp3 with names of artist and song name.
    btw, from where do you think FW got the idea for these 'complete new classes' like they say... dwarf for example.... l2 has small fat man (male) and little girl (female) for years and you will find more similarities if you play the game
    Even if the chars are totally almost the same, the classes are different. I would like to have a Marskman with guns on L2 actually, and i don't understand why they didn't made it...
  • melifor1
    melifor1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    They have arbalesters. They use souls to power up their skills(like dwarves using soul bullets) Allso, arbalets in lineage 2 looks like guns for me, not rifles, but still. Allso, dwarves in l2 allso technological race using machines. Not saying that FW stole the idea, becouse something that is stolen already cannot be stolen again. Elves are elves in every mmorpg game, long ears, immortal, beautifull, love nature. Humans average in everything, most numerous race. Dwarves technologically advanced. So all those ideas where stolen for to many times already. They are used in allmost all mmorpg games.

    About sounds... How do you think fireball or healing spell can sound?... I can imagine only 1 or 2 ways actually, you? I don't mean the one who created thread, but people who saying that PW "stole" voice effects.
This discussion has been closed.