Add-Ons |Mob health bars/Targetting | click-to-move

hylerical
hylerical Posts: 9 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Suggestion Box
| Mob HP bars |
Adding an option to toggle HP bars displayed above mobs would help significantly improve my ability to differentiate between random mobs and players in my party. Along with the upgrade of the targeting system. Which I'm sure they're already working considering the general consensus of the beta players.

| click-to-move |

I was told by a player in-game that I'm able to disable the click-to-move feature through the key bindings menu but I've gone through it multiple times and haven't been able to find it. If it's available it would make it allot easier for me. I've never liked that kind of mechanic.

| Add-Ons |
I haven't played any other Perfect World games so I was wondering what PW is going to do about Add-ons. Minimalists, don't bother flaming me for liking over-the-top customization. :P I have very specific needs!(that's what she said). I'm not hating on their job on the UI; it's very nice but I neeeeeed it man.

So basically I'm asking: Whether or not they're going to be allowed and if so to what extent.
Post edited by hylerical on

Comments

• darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    As far **** add-ons, im pretty sure they dont allow you to use any program whatsoever to change gameplay and its bannable if you do. Even if it is something external like a aggro meter or w/e it would be violating their terms i think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • bryanfury83
    bryanfury83 Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    This game is Click-To-Move + Move-With-Keys

You have the option to bind the second one and choose which one to use.

That game is not a Move With Keys only, And will never be.
  • hylerical
    hylerical Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2010

If it will "never be" a wasd-only based movement game then they better be planning on fixing that targeting system.
  • razgrim
    razgrim Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I like all of your suggestions, I think they'd be a great addition to the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Linux.
    I give or take life. Your pick.
  • pimpeh
    pimpeh Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Nice suggestions , I support these too ...and the targeting system should really be fixed .
  • thivus
    thivus Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'd rather not see addons, but the other suggestions would be nice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    race/Class:Kindred Vampire | Stoneman protector
    Ingame name:MercuryLaumpe | Thivus
  • zilthas
    zilthas Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Good suggestions. Personally, I really just want an aggro meter...so used to having them in other games and it's really helpful to be able to tell someone to slow down if they''re catching up, or to let me know when to pop my cooldowns and stuff. Right now, if you're tanking, you just have to mash buttons and hope that you don't run out of mana.
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited January 2011

What's wrong with giving you the option to disable click to move? >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fayrk
    fayrk Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tyanara wrote: »

lol, bryanfury have a close-mind. noob.

dont want move + hit, dont want history chnage, dont want this click to move can be changed.

maybe he/she is the fanboy PWE and not me xD....
  • forewm
    forewm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Exactly. click to move is fine for grinding quests and what not. It's really nice being able to click the map to move to places, but when it comes to instances and having to target a specific mob in a group of 5+ it's annoying as hell to miss click and start charging towards the wrong mob. Tabbing around can send you into another group very easily.
    Needless to say if the devs have any interest in keeping ex wow players (Which is a great market to get into these days) they may want to consider evolving the UI.
    We're subscription players who will happily pay to support a game like this game which has many great aspects.
    I understand it's still beta and hope that they improve on the frustrating UI which is probably the only thing holding it back from being a very high ranked and profitable mmo.
    I would suggest having an option to see party targets too and be able to select that box. So you can see who is attacking what mobs and target those mobs quickly. As a former prot warrior being able to change my UI (along with a threat meter) to see that was essential and improved everyone's game play experience when it came to pug groups.
  • skuallpw
    skuallpw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Perfect world (the "main game) has already the option ....

why isnt implemented in FW is beyond me...........

trying to click a npc and clicking far away is frustrating,or trying to click on quests things and clicking on a wall >.>
  • cyrax
    cyrax Posts: 3
    edited March 2011
    Click to move is optional ... wtf , if u dont like click to move then get ur hands off your mouse and use WSAD ... no one is forcing u to click to move ... in all games there should be both options , FW is perfect with the movement system it has both for half the players who want 1 than the other ... period. stop crying in forum just to satisfy your needs complain about other things :mad:
  • landorr
    landorr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I would like to see interface addons. Allowing you to customize health bars and other things. Just look at Dhud for Wow. It gives you health bars around your character like large brackets, allowing you to keep your eye on what's happening on the battle field while seeing your health status at all times. This is especialy important when it comes to pvp. This would not affect the game play in anyway.