Thank God

muppetpilot
muppetpilot Posts: 42 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Thank God, phase 4 will include the introduction of a PvE server.
To all of you out there who requested it alongside people like me, thanks.
I am currently playing phase 3 and I am already in love with this game. Thank God they decided not to make it another forced-PvP gankfest.
Cannot wait until February 23rd when my wife and I will be able to play FW together. We've been waiting for months.
See you all then.
Post edited by muppetpilot on
«1

Comments

  • ladyespeon
    ladyespeon Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I feel the same way. PvP doesn't interest me at all. It's too competitive whereas I just like to play a game to simply relax. Not to mention it's usually filled with arrogant players (in MY experience) who love to show new players just how 'powerful' they are. Hope you guys have fun, see you in Phase 4! :]
    ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ { コンバンハ !


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    "I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her." ~ Fang, Final Fantasy XIII

    "When the game is over, the king and pawn go into the same box." ~ Cortana
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I like PvP, generally don't play a game without it in some form. Then again, I am competitive, so I guess it makes sense.

    But people who just go to the starter towns at level 50 and kill someone as soon as they spawn at the starting point, those people I can't stand.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • heroicfish
    heroicfish Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Thank God, phase 4 will include the introduction of a PvE server.
    To all of you out there who requested it alongside people like me, thanks.
    I am currently playing phase 3 and I am already in love with this game. Thank God they decided not to make it another forced-PvPgankfest.
    Cannot wait until February 23rd when my wife and I will be able to play FW together. We've been waiting for months.
    See you all then.

    Seriously?

    No one's forced to PvP. If someone else kills you, you don't lose anything but a few minutes of your time and maybe a pot or two. Is that really such a big deal?

    I'll answer that for you, because I fear you'll get it wrong... no, it's not.

    Never-mind the fact that barely anyone goes red because of the durability loss, so if you're getting ganked, you must have gone orange or been in a kos'd guild, in which case urdoinpvewrong.

    I don't understand the dramatics.

    Have fun with your server..
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

    The sensation was scissors and too much to scream,
    so instead I just started to laugh.
  • muppetpilot
    muppetpilot Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    heroicfish wrote: »
    Seriously?

    No one's forced to PvP. If someone else kills you, you don't lose anything but a few minutes of your time and maybe a pot or two. Is that really such a big deal?

    I'll answer that for you, because I fear you'll get it wrong... no, it's not.

    Never-mind the fact that barely anyone goes red because of the durability loss, so if you're getting ganked, you must have gone orange or been in a kos'd guild, in which case urdoinpvewrong.

    I don't understand the dramatics.

    Have fun with your server..

    The issue I have with "open-world" PvP is that it allows for too great of a level discrepancy betwixt competitors.

    I'll define discrepancy and betwixt for you since I fear you have no idea what I'm talking about: "discrepancy" means "difference", give or take a word or two, and "betwixt" means "between".

    I greatly enjoy PvP in Woso youW and Guild Wars because they are done in instances, and no, they don't involve me being murdered by sometime 16 levels above me while I am trying to progress.

    Last time I checked, killing someone who is double-digit levels beneath you does not constitute actual PvP. Hence my reference to GW: everyone the same level with the same gear ratio.

    Have fun on your server, too! I hope you hit the level cap really quickly so you can kill a whole bunch of level 30 players while you're level 50! Wow, what a skilled player!

    Hmm...that's "someone 16 levels", not "sometime". And I meant to say "WoW and Guild Wars", not whatever gibberish this forum spit out in that sentence. Lord, these posts are glitchy. I haven't had quite that much to drink tonight, I swear.
  • heroicfish
    heroicfish Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The issue I have with "open-world" PvP is that it allows for too great of a level discrepancy betwixt competitors.

    I'll define discrepancy and betwixt for you since I fear you have no idea what I'm talking about: "discrepancy" means "difference", give or take a word or two, and "betwixt" means "between".

    I greatly enjoy PvP in Woso youW and Guild Wars because they are done in instances, and no, they don't involve me being murdered by sometime 16 levels above me while I am trying to progress.

    Last time I checked, killing someone who is double-digit levels beneath you does not constitute actual PvP. Hence my reference to GW: everyone the same level with the same gear ratio.

    Have fun on your server, too! I hope you hit the level cap really quickly so you can kill a whole bunch of level 30 players while you're level 50! Wow, what a skilled player!

    Those words were obvious in context.

    This must be the problem.

    I've not seen anyone lvl 46 yet, but I'm sure if there is, they wouldn't be wasting their time killing people. My point, which I guess you missed, is not many people are going red because it's just a waste of time and gear, so all the dramatics about being murdered in the forced-pvp gankfest are a bit much. It's just not happening. If it does happen, it's rare. Rare happenings should not cause such drama, (Edit) especially not during a closed beta. All they're doing right now is testing the server out. Since PvP is included in the game, of course that needs to be tested for bugs and what not, but begging for a PvE server because you don't want to be forciblygankmurderfested is a bit absurd, no? You're all here to test the game, not to "relax" however you see fit, including or excluding PvP.

    I think people forget this is beta.

    Regardless, I've been lvl 38 for a while. I'm not wasting time in beta with my crappy computer.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

    The sensation was scissors and too much to scream,
    so instead I just started to laugh.
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ITT: Anyone who PvPs must be a complete and total jerk
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • muppetpilot
    muppetpilot Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    heroicfish wrote: »
    Those words were obvious in context.

    This must be the problem.

    I've not seen anyone lvl 46 yet, but I'm sure if there is, they wouldn't be wasting their time killing people. My point, which I guess you missed, is not many people are going red because it's just a waste of time and gear, so all the dramatics about being murdered in the forced-pvp gankfest are a bit much. It's just not happening. If it does happen, it's rare. Rare happenings should not cause such drama, (Edit) especially not during a closed beta. All they're doing right now is testing the server out. Since PvP is included in the game, of course that needs to be tested for bugs and what not, but begging for a PvE server because you don't want to be forciblygankmurderfested is a bit absurd, no? You're all here to test the game, not to "relax" however you see fit, including or excluding PvP.

    I think people forget this is beta.

    Regardless, I've been lvl 38 for a while. I'm not wasting time in beta with my crappy computer.

    Point noted. And you're right, this is a beta, for better or for worse.

    And tbh I am not quite level 38, lol. I just got in on the 12th. Leveling is quick, but not that quick. And again tbh, I don't know that I even want to level quite that high only to go under the upcoming wipe.

    In the end, I'm glad to see a pve server, you're glad to see pvp servers, and that's about that. I love battlegrounds and arenas. And when I'm done there I like to go questing with my wife and not have to worry about anyone else.

    And interestingly enough...I'm playing the game on a laptop with shared video ram, and believe it or not, it actually runs really well. Have you tried a game defrag? Seriously, it helped my wife's pc out a lot, as she has an older system.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    heroicfish wrote: »
    No one's forced to PvP. If someone else kills you, you don't lose anything but a few minutes of your time and maybe a pot or two. Is that really such a big deal?
    you can lose items from your inventory, durability, plus you can lose mercury reputation and quite a lot of soul gold coins if someone pk you during those runs and there are enough ppl wanting to rob others during those merchant runs.
    And interestingly enough...I'm playing the game on a laptop with shared video ram, and believe it or not, it actually runs really well. Have you tried a game defrag? Seriously, it helped my wife's pc out a lot, as she has an older system.
    the worse your computer is the better this game will run on your computer. it lags and disconnect a lot on new machines
  • ladyespeon
    ladyespeon Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    heroicfish wrote: »
    Those words were obvious in context.

    This must be the problem.

    I've not seen anyone lvl 46 yet, but I'm sure if there is, they wouldn't be wasting their time killing people. My point, which I guess you missed, is not many people are going red because it's just a waste of time and gear, so all the dramatics about being murdered in the forced-pvp gankfest are a bit much. It's just not happening. If it does happen, it's rare. Rare happenings should not cause such drama, (Edit) especially not during a closed beta. All they're doing right now is testing the server out. Since PvP is included in the game, of course that needs to be tested for bugs and what not, but begging for a PvE server because you don't want to be forciblygankmurderfested is a bit absurd, no? You're all here to test the game, not to "relax" however you see fit, including or excluding PvP.

    I think people forget this is beta.

    Regardless, I've been lvl 38 for a while. I'm not wasting time in beta with my crappy computer.

    I get your point when you're talking about beta and testing out every aspect of the game, and I agree. When I said relax I was talking more about MMO's in general, not just strictly Forsaken World.
    ITT: Anyone who PvPs must be a complete and total jerk

    That isn't what the OP was saying. >.>;
    ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ { コンバンハ !


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    "I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her." ~ Fang, Final Fantasy XIII

    "When the game is over, the king and pawn go into the same box." ~ Cortana
  • xreinhart
    xreinhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    PvErs will always hate PvP because they don't understand it. They don't know how to PvP, they haven't played real PvP games, they've never been in a PvP guild, their often casual, and not great at video games in general because they consider expert raid guilds worthy of the connotation, hardcore.

    PvE servers have been and will always be the easy difficulty switch in MMOs. Is that a bad thing? No. Just don't argue against things you have very little understanding of and experience with. All PvPers PvE in 99% of MMOs that exist, oftentimes the same amount if not more than pure PvErs. Its telling about the person who can experience the whole game without demanding large portions of it cut out. About who MMOs should be designed for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blueflash15
    blueflash15 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    rein is right to some extent. u have to pve to pvp they go hand in hand w/o each other they are boring alone. So pve servers are just a portion of the total fun of the game.

    but yea w/e floats ur boat go play pve servers if u want we'll just b here killing each other for the heck of it
  • deathlok12
    deathlok12 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    first off for all you crybabies out there about pvp if you dont like pvp ur playing the wrong game. this is a pvp based game.if u want a pve game go play hello kitty.
  • stormhydra
    stormhydra Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Honestly I prefer PvP gameplay, its more fastpaced and exciting.

    I think PvPers like PvP because they have played many MMO's with grinding over the years and have probably had enough of it and want to try something different.

    Each to his own I guess.

    But seriously stop trying to make PvP sound like its full of arrogant jerks while making PvE sound carebear and using big words to make yourself sound smarter and classier than the PvP jerks.

    PvP is for people who enjoy a challenge, dont mind if they die
    PvE is for people who like to relax and know what's about to come next.
    Steam Acc - Blugblugy || Steam Nickname - Blugyblug ||Xfire - Blugyblug || - Call of Duty 4/Modern Warfare 2/COD: Black Ops - Blugyblug ||League of Legends - Blugyblug||Forsaken World - Coalescence (mage)
  • ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    deathlok12 wrote: »
    first off for all you crybabies out there about pvp if you dont like pvp ur playing the wrong game. this is a pvp based game.if u want a pve game go play hello kitty.

    this game has ONE pvp feature atm. do i even need to count the pve features?
  • blaze2003
    blaze2003 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    deathlok12 wrote: »
    first off for all you crybabies out there about pvp if you dont like pvp ur playing the wrong game. this is a pvp based game.if u want a pve game go play hello kitty.

    Girl~ Please hush.. Trying to be all hardcore on a fantasy mmo. This game is made for everyone not just people who want to pvp. Hello kitty? Not even gonna touch that one. This game is gonna be great and fun to play come feb 23. I still don't know what character I'm going to be yet.. XD
  • xephona
    xephona Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ylanday69 wrote: »
    this game has ONE pvp feature atm. do i even need to count the pve features?

    .... are you that dense?

    If we were to remove all PvP elements from the game, the game would still function just fine and you would still be able to PvE.

    If we were to remove all PvE elements from the game, you would NOT be able to PvP at all, since you cannot level.

    Therefor.. PvE is REQUIRED to ascend to the godliness levels of PvP-dom. PvE is a prerequisite for everything. Comparing the number of features is a moot point.
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=76401
  • xsurticx
    xsurticx Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ylanday69 wrote: »
    this game has ONE pvp feature atm. do i even need to count the pve features?

    PvP:
    dueling
    ganking
    guild wars
    (soon to be added) base wars

    PvE:
    Quests
    Dungeons/Instances
    Events

    I'm failing to see your point here. Especially since us "brutal pkers" as pvpers are normally known tend to pve harder then most, if not all, of you pve carebears.
    Ragequit Non-factor
    Kurokona: 40 Priest
  • keef1988
    keef1988 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    xsurticx wrote: »
    PvP:
    dueling
    ganking
    guild wars
    (soon to be added) base wars

    PvE:
    Quests
    Dungeons/Instances
    Events

    I'm failing to see your point here. Especially since us "brutal pkers" as pvpers are normally known tend to pve harder then most, if not all, of you pve carebears.

    On pve server the list will probably change to this

    PvP:
    dueling
    guild wars
    (soon to be added) base wars

    PvE:
    Quests (no being ganked by the other guilds because your on "their" mobs)
    Dungeons/Instances
    Events (no getting ganked yet again because you chose to do it and then a big guild came to do it and yet again you find your killing "their" mobs)
    Farming mats without getting pkd because they saw it first.

    I honestly do not see the difference, I haven't decided which I will play on. Most of this getting pk'd doesn't happen often but currently number of ppl/accounts are limited so it can only get worse as more ppl get to play.
  • th30ry
    th30ry Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    xsurticx wrote: »
    PvP:
    dueling
    ganking
    guild wars
    (soon to be added) base wars

    PvE:
    Quests
    Dungeons/Instances
    Events

    I'm failing to see your point here. Especially since us "brutal pkers" as pvpers are normally known tend to pve harder then most, if not all, of you pve carebears.

    Try this one:

    PvP:
    dueling
    ganking
    guild wars
    (soon to be added) base wars
    Quests
    Dungeons/Instances
    Events


    PvE:
    Quests
    Dungeons/Instances
    Events
    dueling
    guild wars
    (soon to be added) base wars

    The difference is one server you can be killed in open world, the other you cant.
    (The community is also the difference)

    I see these arguments on every game forum, PVP vs PVE but at the end of
    the day you cant change other player's opinions.
    It's all ready announced there will be both servers, so choose the
    one you want to play on and if you want to play on both, what ever it doesnt matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Honestly, why do you care about other people's opinions? You stay on your server, we stay on ours. Simple.


    Besides, if someone doesn't wanna be on a PvP server and isn't competitive or really doesn't try to PvP seriously because they find it boring or whatever, why do you want them there, just taking up space and making the server laggier? Nothing against people strictly PvE, just sayin' people who only kill monsters in a PvP server are really just taking up space :/
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • moonsmasher
    moonsmasher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lol, looks like using big words to sound condescending and name calling are the only ways anyone can make their opinion known. hope in game is more chill than this. 8(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ムーンスマシャー
  • gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I'll be brief:
    MMORPG Is all about interaction with other players. And PvP Is where Its at. W/o PvP, the game will surely become dull/mindless/senseless/a big tea party.

    That's all.
    [Add smth cool here]
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lol, looks like using big words to sound condescending and name calling are the only ways anyone can make their opinion known. hope in game is more chill than this. 8(

    I hope that's not supposed to be directed at me :l

    And @ the guy above this post: Does it matter? It's not like they're taking out PvP, just making another server so people have the option of not doing PvP.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • mysterymelody
    mysterymelody Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Kill or be killed bro, words to live by
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • moonsmasher
    moonsmasher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    @drako
    no, I meant that generally. sorry~

    I just feel like based on what I've read the moment I disagree with someone I will be spammed with "U MAD BRO??//" or be called names because they will not know how else to respond. x_x that's to be expected anywhere though I guess.
    and now that I think about it the forum represents only a small portion of the people who'll be playing, probably.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ムーンスマシャー
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If they must resort to childish insults, it means they've lost and are trying to, as counterproductive as it may be, save some dignity or pride or whatever.


    And chances are the forum represent less than a 5th of the actual amount of people playing the game. Usually how it is, anyways.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    it means they've lost

    You can't win, nor lose on the Internet.

    @PvE'ers

    /protip:

    It's a game. The Internet Is also a game.
    Just sit and enjoy.
    [Add smth cool here]
  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I can named several players who sat at the entrance of City of Oblivion all level 40 ganking on anyone who went into City of Oblivion, from level 25-35, they massacred anyone who went there, the same people never have posted one single note in the Beta forum to report a bug or a problem or anything, just pure gankfest because the big bad boys were bored, usually these few players are the ones who screwed up PVP servers, go and try to gank on someone of your same level, and let those interested in doing quest and checking problems do what they are doing.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    PVP should not be confussed with Ganking, PVP should be like in GW, people of the same level or around the same level, maybe 2-3 levels diff a level 40 players should be able to PVP with players 38-42, maybe creating arenas in the cities where players can go and compete agains each other without barrier of levels could be an answer to those who want to fight with higher or lower levels.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • ylanday69
    ylanday69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    wow, just for the record guys, there is plenty of pvp on a pve server, its only ganking that is disabled.

    Scenario: theres three of us on a pvp server, now if we were on a pve server id be flagged you'd be flagged the other guy is not flagged.... who do you want to fight? the guy who doesnt want a fight and is probly busy at a vendor / afk, or the willing competitor?
This discussion has been closed.