Is the 80% prediction wrong? Will you be a M or F bard?

2»

Comments

• shadowedlight
    shadowedlight Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'm another girl playing a female bard.
    bmute wrote: »
    I have female colleagues and male friends that I'm OK looking at. I stay the hell away from drags. I want to be comfortable with what I have to look at when I'm playing game. Whenever I see a male elf bard, I ask him, why man. I see the point of male elf warrior "I look pretty and I'm still pwning you." But male bard? You gotta see their armors, I call them San Francisco waitresses.

I'm really confused by this, dude. All guy elves are... either **** or drags? I don't get the relevance, or what you're trying to say. =/ I doubt (most) people play elves because they're pretty, male bards are going to be just as kickass as female bards, and the San Francisco waitresses bit... I don't even want to comment.
  • richardlafferty
    richardlafferty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    bmute wrote: »
    I have female colleagues and male friends that I'm OK looking at. I stay the hell away from drags. I want to be comfortable with what I have to look at when I'm playing game. Whenever I see a male elf bard, I ask him, why man. I see the point of male elf warrior "I look pretty and I'm still pwning you." But male bard? You gotta see their armors, I call them San Francisco waitresses.

Bards are musicians who have found a combat use for their abilities. Being glamorous doesn't = being ****. They're artists, man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • saidje
    saidje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    michaelju wrote: »
    if more people's gonna be female bards
    you should be a male bard...
    i mean you need to satisfy the overwhelming female population right? XD

Why? It's not like there's usually something to look at.

Just being male is nothing. Codpieces suck, except maybe to 12 year olds who are first encountering them.

Overly muscled chests and arms? - meh. Never liked the Arnie type.

Butt cheeks. I like nice apple rounded butt cheeks on a man. I can't get to see that view in any game.

Men get the rounded ****, women who play get the poor second male fantasy of what men think we should like.

So be females, it really doesn't matter.
    Saidje
    Having a high post count doesn't make you anything in the game.
    Unless you're attempting to kiss up to a GM and you KNOW what that makes you
    . :D
  • as0779
    as0779 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'm really confused by this, dude. All guy elves are... either **** or drags?
    Do you play the game? Have you seen male elves as warriors and as bards? I never said they are ****, I'm not against ****. But the bards are just drags which I don't sit well with.
    Bards are musicians who have found a combat use for their abilities. Being glamorous doesn't = being ****. They're artists, man.
    Glamorous? You mean Fabulous haha.

Btw I'm bmute, logged in that account by mistake. Just made a female elf bard and discovered she has the disturbing ant waist of kindred :(. So I probably won't play bard altogether unless they prove OPed. Yeah, it's moot for me now, will stop trolling male bards.
  • shadowedlight
    shadowedlight Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    as0779 wrote: »
    Do you play the game? Have you seen male elves as warriors and as bards? I never said they are ****, I'm not against ****. But the bards are just drags which I don't sit well with.

Glamorous? You mean Fabulous haha.

Btw I'm bmute, logged in that account by mistake. Just made a female elf bard and discovered she has the disturbing ant waist of kindred :(. So I probably won't play bard altogether unless they prove OPed. Yeah, it's moot for me now, will stop trolling male bards.

They're just characters. XD PWE designed them in a way that doesn't sit well with you, fine, but you're sort of insulting the people who want to play with them, despite the way they look. We enjoy your two cents, but no need to call them drags, they're just characters in bright colours and robes, its like calling a clown a drag queen because they wear wake-up and bright colours...
  • hausofartj
    hausofartj Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    LOL some of you are so funny, you realize your character doesn't at all reflect what YOU look like, hahaha just choose a sex, click randomize, input your birthday, come up with a cheesy yet appropriate name, Bam you're done. Just control the darn pixels xD I'm a male, but I'm gonna make a Female char. cos a male Bard called lady gaga would just either cause a shitstorm with the fans, or stupid unnecessary jokes. hahaha
    I may sooth your hurt soul with my tranquil melodies. Or, I can strike your **** down with my Bass Pumped Pop Hits!

PoP Ate My Heart.

- Lady GaGa

I'm beautiful in my way, 'cause God makes no mistakes, I'm on the right track, Baby, I was born this way.

Put your Paws up for your **** PRIDE!
  • etsuraku
    etsuraku Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I don't know. I'm not BI but i'm pretty heteroflexible so whichever looks better ^_^
  • veriety
    veriety Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    im going to play a male bard because well - im a male XD
  • imaqq
    imaqq Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    only my hair dresser knows for sure!
    While Forsaken World is our most highly anticipated MMO to date, we know that a game isn't great unless you're able to play with your friends, so we're giving you two additional keys to share below.

Share the Love!
  • puremystical
    puremystical Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Mmmkay...
    I'm a girl and i like playing my gender but im not going to flaunt it becuase thats how i got freaky guys in PWI and Jade Dynasty! >.<
    Lesson learned! Keep quiet if you don't wanna get cyber-fondled! ^-^
  • mrgiovanni
    mrgiovanni Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    every non bard I have in CB is male(even dwarf) I couldn't force myself to play a male bard though. Female bard all the way.
    Life is Pain, Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something.
  • madampewpew
    madampewpew Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I usually play both male and female characters when I make multiple characters, it usually depends on the class and/or the graphics, for making either male/female for the individual character too. Why limit yourself to one, when its fun playing both?

I guess its a personal choice tho and if you have issues with playing both, fortunately you have a choice. o_0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your lips move, but I can't hear what your saying.
  • cupcakehavok
    cupcakehavok Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I will be playing a female because I am one. :D But I do know a good amount of females that like to play the male gender. :P
  • silverfaye
    silverfaye Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I will be a female because I am one as well, but I do sometimes make male characters partially because I am curious about customization for both genders. But for the most part, I stick with playing as a girl.
  • strataus
    strataus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Me iam playing as both genders becasue i like to play both and its just a game u can do what ever u want. there isnt any rules saying what u should play as your gender so just pick what ever works for you
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Davon\Pictures\de716189ce88.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    GUILD:GRAVITY
    CLASS:RANGER
    SERVER:EAST
  • whitewishes
    whitewishes Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I'm going to play as female but why boys wanna make female characters? Because of the looks or because they wanna trick ppl? (Not all boys do this)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lisadestra
    lisadestra Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    im going to make a female chr cus i wanna look at her when i play
    (irl is female)
  • linkalinks
    linkalinks Posts: 133
    edited November 2010
    I'm a girl irl and I will be playing a female Bard.
  • nephan
    nephan Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Male playing male. I think they're sexy, thank you. >:3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • x35ttul3
    x35ttul3 Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Male Elf Bards kind of Look Feminine. I gave mine long blonde hair and named it Ke$ha.
  • monimad
    monimad Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    x35ttul3 wrote: »
    Male Elf Bards kind of Look Feminine. I gave mine long blonde hair and named it Ke$ha.

My my my , if i ever see u in-game ill hunt u xD , i rlly hope i dont c u "singing" . (and yeah im joking ...... or am I???)

And ill probably roll a female one even tough im a G.I.R.L.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 鹦鹉
    CB Phase 2 Skill Contest Winner
    Beware of the "Phoenix Call"
  • alfaeil
    alfaeil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Playing around with character customisation, I found that while male elves may look somewhat feminine, male kindred look female. Seriously, it's nearly impossible to make one that looks credibly male, unless you use the weird short mullet thing, so I gave up and made a female.
    [SIGPIC]Character: Skau | Race: Elf | Class: Bard | Guild: Classic[/SIGPIC]
  • crawlingdead
    crawlingdead Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    alfaeil wrote: »
    Playing around with character customisation, I found that while male elves may look somewhat feminine, male kindred look female. Seriously, it's nearly impossible to make one that looks credibly male, unless you use the weird short mullet thing, so I gave up and made a female.

Yeah exactly, all the males you make look like girls anyway so why not make a female.
  • artemiiz
    artemiiz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Male playing a female toon.. The male characters look like females.. So its better to roll something fully female than something which looks half male half female.. Hahahaha..
  • jamiesmith15
    jamiesmith15 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm male and I'll be playing a femal bard. I don't like how the male characters look their ugly ;p
  • snikersss
    snikersss Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i'm gonna be a female because in irl im a girl..
  • moonsmasher
    moonsmasher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    female playing a male bard as an alt, maybeee. my main is reserved for a hairy warrior guy. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ムーンスマシャー