Please add Invert Mouse :)

thoale
thoale Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Suggestion Box
The title says it all :) Unless i'm blind I am not able to find this option which makes the game unplayable to me :(
Post edited by thoale on

Comments

• angelbm
    angelbm Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    yeah we need mouse options, i need the option for cant walk with mouse.... it make me move like a crazy when i will target mob and miss click.... i prefer walk only for keyboard
  • tiparoo
    tiparoo Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'm glad I adjust fast...

I agree though. If there isn't one already (can someone confirm this for us lazy bums or blind folks) it would be a nice feature for those of us who prefer it.

Thanks =)
  • avanosia
    avanosia Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I agree.
  • supernaut72
    supernaut72 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Just downloaded the game and tried to play, but can't because the mouse controls are backwards and there's no way to fix it. I hope they come up with a fix for this soon because I'd like to play this game eventually.
  • fayrk
    fayrk Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    angelbm wrote: »
    yeah we need mouse options, i need the option for cant walk with mouse.... it make me move like a crazy when i will target mob and miss click.... i prefer walk only for keyboard

yup, i agree, i like more only move whith keyboard and no whith mouse.
  • francischutney
    francischutney Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Inverted mouse? That always confused me, so right is left and left is right? What is the purpose of that? Hasn't anyone played FCC or BH in PWI? The whole time your walking through the halls, it takes minutes just to walk through. For example, after you wine the BH. The point and click is easier. Do you want to hold your "w" key down for 2 minutes?

Having both options is good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~I very much enjoy this lovely game and wonderful people here~
  • carolngueptita
    carolngueptita Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Inverted mouse? That always confused me, so right is left and left is right? What is the purpose of that? Hasn't anyone played FCC or BH in PWI? The whole time your walking through the halls, it takes minutes just to walk through. For example, after you wine the BH. The point and click is easier. Do you want to hold your "w" key down for 2 minutes?

Definitely!
  • belchior
    belchior Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011

yes here is good answer. boith options. or like in aion example u can set a button to auto run..
    i dont know what they think.. these are very default things these days...
  • daweeebd
    daweeebd Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    just downloaded and cant play it :(

I need inverted y-axis, played every game for the last 20 years inverted and cant change.

returning to game when there is a option for this.
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Ok first of, Num Lock is autowalk unless youve changed its shortcut.

Second inverted mouse. . im unsure if you mean having the left button act as the right or the scroller?

If its the scroller, it is changeable. Press F12 ingame and go to game settings, click across to the gameplay tab and tick the box called "zoom" and then apply it on the bottom, this will invert the scroller.

And i always thought switching left and right click buttons was something you change in windows. .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • suielchan
    suielchan Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    /agreed.

The option to invert the y-axis on my mouse would be great. I think I was ruined by flight games ages ago and every game since, I've inverted my mouse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • numphie
    numphie Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Please add invert mouse, can't play this game without it.

And for those who don't understand, it's inverting look up and down we are talking about.

Inverted y-axis is when you drag the mouse towards you = look up.
    And if you played 15-20 years with that you can't just switch to non-invert. If i try it it looks like I'm drunk when i play. :o
  • cormeer
    cormeer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Bump!! PLease add invert mouse look...
  • cax0r
    cax0r Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I can't play without invert mouse, any chance in this getting added? i'd think it would be rather simple and its available in almost any game.
  • sunt0r
    sunt0r Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I was looking forward to giving this game a try. But as you all noted. There is no way to invert the mouse look. Many of us old schoolers like it flipped.

Frankly, this is the ONLY game I've NOT seen the option in.

Sorry Perfect World, but unless this is available, this game goes into the trash bin, as I am not able to play it well enough to be of any use to myself, let alone anyone i may party with.
  • fwfrosty
    fwfrosty Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I don't know whether to rage or laugh on the lack of this MOST TRIVIAL feature in this production. I understand the devs could have somehow overlooked it while creating the game but for chrissake, people were demanding it for MONTHS and it's still not there?

Well I tell you what PW crew, it doesn't really matter matter if it's outright impossible or "only" inconvenient for players to play without it. What does matter is that people have requested - over and over again, as I see - to have this feature added. A feature that requires virtually NO effort on the devs' side. It would take a SINGLE person, what, 10 minutes to script this in? And still nothing was done about it so far.

This is the most blatant example of giving the players a middle finger I have seen so far. Dunno where exactly you guys come from, but where I am right now there are dozens over dozens of games whose creators actually CARE about players and try to satisfy them. So why would I be wasting my time with a bunch of... "game developers" who obviously don't give a flying monkey about making my time with their game enjoyable? Let me return this courtesy by making sure that none of the people who'd listen to my advice will ever touch any of your products with a mile-long stick. FTP or not.

My only regret is having wasted my time and bandwidth for ever downloading this ****.
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    fwfrosty wrote: »
    I don't know whether to rage or laugh on the lack of this MOST TRIVIAL feature in this production. I understand the devs could have somehow overlooked it while creating the game but for chrissake, people were demanding it for MONTHS and it's still not there?

Well I tell you what PW crew, it doesn't really matter matter if it's outright impossible or "only" inconvenient for players to play without it. What does matter is that people have requested - over and over again, as I see - to have this feature added. A feature that requires virtually NO effort on the devs' side. It would take a SINGLE person, what, 10 minutes to script this in? And still nothing was done about it so far.

This is the most blatant example of giving the players a middle finger I have seen so far. Dunno where exactly you guys come from, but where I am right now there are dozens over dozens of games whose creators actually CARE about players and try to satisfy them. So why would I be wasting my time with a bunch of... "game developers" who obviously don't give a flying monkey about making my time with their game enjoyable? Let me return this courtesy by making sure that none of the people who'd listen to my advice will ever touch any of your products with a mile-long stick. FTP or not.

My only regret is having wasted my time and bandwidth for ever downloading this ****.

Your complaints to the dev team. PWE are just publishing the game, they have no right to change even the icons in the game untill the devs send them a patch for it.
    Oh, and the devs are over to China, and they patch according to the playerbase there, so you're on the wrong forums...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meatpopsikle
    meatpopsikle Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm right there with everyone about the lack of control settings mainly the invert y-axis on the mouse. There are two schools of thought when it comes to this setting. There are the people (not me) who push the mouse in the direction to look on screen and then there's the flight sim mentality of pull back on the stick (err mouse) to look up. With out the invert the game is unplayable for me. The point and click on the ground to move went out with Dungeon Siege! I played WoW for many years and recently Rift and going from WoW to Rift was nothing. The only thing i had to learn was the lore and the other game mechanics such as profession, talents, etc. Hoped that was the case with this game but nope no such luck.

Guess you get what you pay for.....hell I'd be willing to send a few bucks to the developers just to add that option.
  • supernaut72
    supernaut72 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    .....hell I'd be willing to send a few bucks to the developers just to add that option.

As always, the money issue is the most baffling.

We all know most game companies don't care about players unless there is money at stake, which makes it all the more stunning that this game company is content to lose so much money because of a simple programing error that could probably be fixed in an hour if someone just sat down and did it.
  • fwfrosty
    fwfrosty Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I wonder whether you're putting a lot of effort into making me laugh, or is it just a natural talent?
    Your complaints to the dev team. PWE are just publishing the game, they have no right to change even the icons in the game untill the devs send them a patch for it.
    What kind of world do you live in? When your cellphone breaks down do you take it to the store where you bought it, or take a trip to the factory and place your complains there? The distributor is THE link between producer and customer, as such it's his function to pass over any feedback that they receive about the products... Seriously, this is like the most basic common sense that there is to the free market mechanisms...
    Oh, and the devs are over to China, and they patch according to the playerbase there, so you're on the wrong forums...

And I care about the chinese playerbase because..? I AM on the wrong forums? Excuse me, but I didnt notice any chinese lettering on any of the boards. Actually it clearly states "forsaken world" at the top, and I believe this to be english. Also, I'm pretty sure that I logged into this forum using the username and pasword that I previously used to log into the game. So how come I am wrong when posting in a "suggestion box" on an official english forums of the game? Care to explain? Actually, please don't.

TLDR: what does it have to do with ANYTHING??? If the producer and/or publisher doesn't care about what anybody but the Chinese has to say, why bother creating the official forum for other people?

If you need any further explanation you won't understand it anyway...
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    edited June 2011
    fwfrosty wrote: »
    I wonder whether you're putting a lot of effort into making me laugh, or is it just a natural talent?

What kind of world do you live in? When your cellphone breaks down do you take it to the store where you bought it, or take a trip to the factory and place your complains there? The distributor is THE link between producer and customer, as such it's his function to pass over any feedback that they receive about the products... Seriously, this is like the most basic common sense that there is to the free market mechanisms...

And I care about the chinese playerbase because..? I AM on the wrong forums? Excuse me, but I didnt notice any chinese lettering on any of the boards. Actually it clearly states "forsaken world" at the top, and I believe this to be english. Also, I'm pretty sure that I logged into this forum using the username and pasword that I previously used to log into the game. So how come I am wrong when posting in a "suggestion box" on an official english forums of the game? Care to explain? Actually, please don't.

TLDR: what does it have to do with ANYTHING??? If the producer and/or publisher doesn't care about what anybody but the Chinese has to say, why bother creating the official forum for other people?

If you need any further explanation you won't understand it anyway...

Snob-YOU-SEEM-ANGRY-WHY-U-MAD-BRAH-1.jpg?t=1292976382
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chabowbies
    chabowbies Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Support this thread. +1

Also made my own not realizing everyones complaining about this lack of an important feature. Whoops.
    INB4, INB4
  • skip0r
    skip0r Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    omg this is still not in? unplayable. hope it will be fixed soon. funny how some people dont understand what invert mouse means, "left is right" suggestion was just great ;)

no offence :rolleyes:
  • jules1911
    jules1911 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Please add Invert Mouse :) - 10-28-2010, 06:40 AM
    The title says it all Unless i'm blind I am not able to find this option which makes the game unplayable to me

First request for an option to invert the mouse in this game was 8 month ago and still no fix?

No Comment -_-
  • guixt
    guixt Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Snob-YOU-SEEM-ANGRY-WHY-U-MAD-BRAH-1.jpg?t=1292976382

You're an idiot. That post didn't seem angry at all, and as a matter of fact those replies were well thought out responses to your dumb previous post. I wonder how the rest of your 1000+ forum posts are like, probably **** and uneducated.
    Only "Ignant" people like you would post such a **** response (picture) like that. If you got nothing to say, don't reply back at all, and not let your stupidity get the best of you. Do us a favor, and don't bring us down to your level. K thanks, bye.

Bump.
    Please don't let this thread die, I'm part of that 10%(?) population that uses inverted settings as well.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    *sigh* again with another thread asking for this

can you guys (the so called 10%) not get together and make one mass thread asking for this instead of making your own personal threads asking for this. you do realize that making "redundant" threads is probably now to the point of just being ignored.
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • guixt
    guixt Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I guess you never fought for anything in your life.
    What a sore loser.
    Did you ever happen to think this 10% makes up about roughly a few 100s of thousands of your gaming community in one genre? If 100s of thousands were to move on to a different game, which has what we want, then the other game will reap all the profits, and this one will fail in a few years.
    Anyone that works, has an education, or even breathes should know this is common sense. You don't neglect any part of the population, especially if they can benefit your business in some way.
    You're an idiot, you need to go find a job, and you need to stop being ignant like the guy above.
    and oh.. BTW...
    This thread has three pages to it already, and was already on the first page of the forums but nearly at the bottom. Plus the newest post wasn't a year before, but roughly a few days before.
    Seriously, learn to read, get an education, and stop being "ignant." Thank you.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    guixt wrote: »
    I guess you never fought for anything in your life.
    What a sore loser.
    Did you ever happen to think this 10% makes up about roughly a few 100s of thousands of your gaming community in one genre? If 100s of thousands were to move on to a different game, which has what we want, then the other game will reap all the profits, and this one will fail in a few years.
    Anyone that works, has an education, or even breathes should know this is common sense. You don't neglect any part of the population, especially if they can benefit your business in some way.
    You're an idiot, you need to go find a job, and you need to stop being ignant like the guy above.
    and oh.. BTW...
    This thread has three pages to it already, and was already on the first page of the forums but nearly at the bottom. Plus the newest post wasn't a year before, but roughly a few days before.
    Seriously, learn to read, get an education, and stop being "ignant." Thank you.

I do have an education, I do have a job..and NO I'm not the dumb one here. Look at the number of players NOT asking for this compared to the "10%" that is. If they changed the play style just to suit the min number of players compared to the mass that isn't asking for it, they will lose many many more players that are happy with the settings the way they are compared to the so called 10% that do want it.

You claim that you don't neglect any part of the population, sorry but if the staff ran around making sure that every single person got everything that they feel would make this game the "best" noone would be able to play it due to the fact that no comp out there could handle all of the specs. THAT'S COMMON SENSE

when you all can learn to use the search function and see there are about 15 other threads asking this EXACT same thing.. and oh yeah this isn't the only one that's 3 pages so no you dont get a cookie for that either.

so who the "ignant" one now
    All that time and effort that you took to do those posts, you could have learned how to play with the mouse on the default settings already and be playing. ;)
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    edited June 2011
    guixt wrote: »
    You're an idiot. That post didn't seem angry at all, and as a matter of fact those replies were well thought out responses to your dumb previous post. I wonder how the rest of your 1000+ forum posts are like, probably **** and uneducated.
    Only "Ignant" people like you would post such a **** response (picture) like that. If you got nothing to say, don't reply back at all, and not let your stupidity get the best of you. Do us a favor, and don't bring us down to your level. K thanks, bye.

Bump.
    Please don't let this thread die, I'm part of that 10%(?) population that uses inverted settings as well.

Oh ty for your kind words ^^ Actually, I have gotten a reward for being the highest achiever in my school - but since this is teh internetz, so I have no way to prove what I say, and what I say doesn't prove much anyway, let me give you a less trollish responce...

(You can also check my previous posts for yourself if you want to know what I have been posting, but I advise you not to - it will take a while, they are too many to do it in one stand)

This situation is not compairable to the current issue with the lack of Invert Mouse option, simply because there was never such an option to begin with.
    You go to the store where you bought the cellphone when a feature that normally exists in the device has stopped working properly. For example, when you open your cellphone for the first time, and realise you for some reason can't send text messages, when text messages is a feature officially included in the phone you bought, then you will of course go back to the store and demand that they fix the problem. It is their responsibility, after all, to make sure that their customers can enjoy all the features available in the products they buy from them, and that includes service.
    However, if in the above situation, the text messaging feature was NOT included in the cellphone you bought... then the store would be able to do nothing about it. All you could really do from that point on is try to adress your concerns directly to the company - on their website, for example - and see if that could bring results.

Also... if you like a game, and are actually willing to play it, you can adapt to the controls fast, especially if it is only the up/down camera movement that is the problem.
    I mean, I have played another MMO recently -LOTRO- (and quit it even more recently because I liked FW better) and honestly, the controls were awful. Turning with the wasd keys felt like driving a scooter on ice and turning with the mouse felt like driving a truck in mud... but by the 2nd day I was much more confortable with the controls, and I am sure that if I actually continued playing the game I would have become perfectly comfortable with the controls in a week at maximum. And my problems were far worse than just lucking an invert mouse.
    You can do the same. It doesn't matter if you have been using inversed mouse from before even mouse was invented, you can get used to new controls in a matter of days. It's not like you were born used to invert mouse either...

Now, for a few last points:

Should they add the option to invert mouse? Hell yes, it is easy to do and there is absolutely no reason to.
    Will they? I don't think so, at least not any time soon.
    Why? Who knows, the head dev might have something against people who use inverted mouse controls.

But, for whatever reason, there aren't enough people pushing them towards that direction.
    You know that you don't have enough people agreeing with you when you have to bump your thread. And with just 50-60 people - if we combine all those clone threads together - noone's going anywhere.

And speaking of multiple threads... let me tell all of you one thing, by giving an analogy to a similar phenomenon.
    WOW is, as we all know, a very polished and popular MMO. Because of those 2 things, there are always threads in every MMO forum, that have to do with WOW (making comparisons, suggesting features etc)
    The first few times they see those wow-threads, people will generally try to actually discuss them seriously.
    But once they see how they are spammed again and again, they become tired, until one day the say to every wow-thread OP to **** *** *** ***** *** **** ***** **** (obvious censorship is obvious).
    And that's what's happening with all those "FIX THE DAMN CONTROLS!!!" threads that sprout like mushrooms each day...

PS. Now you see why I chose the pic rather than a wall-o-text, being ready to go to sleep at that time as well...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • uxlapoga
    uxlapoga Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I took the liberty to modify an autohotkey script.
    It inverts the y-Axis of the mouse when you press the right mousebutton.

You need to download and install Autohotkey. Create a txt-file, copy in the scriptcode below and rename the txt-file to .ahk, then double click to run it.

Here's the code:
    ;By Raccoon Dec-2010 
    ;Mouse Inverse using Mouse Hook 
    ;
    ;as found on 27-June-2011 at http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic19376-15.html
    ;
    ;modified for Forsaken World by uxlapoga 27-Jun-2011
    ;added RMB functionality
    ;changed position of DLL call so that the mouse pointer does not jump.
    ;variables got inconsistent due to added RMB

#SingleInstance, Force  ; Only one at a time. 
    #NoEnv         ; Just use it. 
    #Persistent    ; Needed if there are no hotkeys or timers. 
    OnExit, OnExit ; Needed to Unhook when Exiting. 

hHookMouse := SetWindowsHookEx(14, RegisterCallback("WH_MOUSE_LL", "Fast")) 

RETURN ; End Auto-execute. 

OnExit: 
      UnhookWindowsHookEx(hHookMouse) ; VERY IMPORTANT. 
      ExitApp 

WH_MOUSE_LL(nCode, wParam, lParam) 
    { 
      Static lx, ly, rmb 
      Critical 

if (wParam = 0x204) { ;WM_RBUTTONDOWN
    	rmb := 1
      }

if (wParam = 0x205) { ;WM_RBUTTONUP
    	rmb := 0
      }

if rmb && !nCode && (wParam = 0x200) { ; WM_MOUSEMOVE 

;CoordMode, Mouse, Screen ; only needed if using MouseGetPos, 
        ;MouseGetPos, lx, ly      ; lets use GetCursorPos instead. 
        VarSetCapacity(lpPoint,8) 
        DllCall("GetCursorPos", "Uint", &lpPoint) ; SetCursorPos controls desktop edges; less math for us. 
        lx := NumGet(lpPoint, 0, "Int") 
        ly := NumGet(lpPoint, 4, "Int") 

mx := NumGet(lParam+0, 0, "Int") ; x-coord 
        my := NumGet(lParam+0, 4, "Int") ; y-coord 

; normal movement example. 
          mx := lx + (mx - lx) 
          ;my := ly + (my - ly) 

; modify (invert) movement. 
          ;mx := lx - (mx - lx)
          my := ly - (my - ly)

; modify (half-speed) movement. 
          ;mx := lx + (mx - lx) / 2 
          ;my := ly + (my - ly) / 2 

; This is where the magic happens, in combination with Return 1. 
        DllCall("SetCursorPos", "Int", mx, "Int", my) 

; Send the modified mouse coords to other hooking processes along the chain. 
        NumPut(mx, lParam+0, 0, "Int") 
        NumPut(my, lParam+0, 4, "Int") 
        ret:=DllCall("CallNextHookEx", "Uint", 0, "int", nCode, "Uint", wParam, "Uint", lParam) 
        ;Return ret 

Return 1 ; Halt default mouse processing. (same method used by 'BlockInput, MouseMove') 
      } 
      else { 
        Return DllCall("CallNextHookEx", "Uint", 0, "int", nCode, "Uint", wParam, "Uint", lParam) 
      } 
    } ; End WH_MOUSE_LL 

SetWindowsHookEx(idHook, pfn) 
    { 
      Return DllCall("SetWindowsHookEx", "int", idHook, "Uint", pfn, "Uint", DllCall("GetModuleHandle", "Uint", 0), "Uint", 0) 
    } 

UnhookWindowsHookEx(hHook) 
    { 
      Return DllCall("UnhookWindowsHookEx", "Uint", hHook) 
    } 

; Since the below function is called so frequently, it's faster to use the DllCall() instead of this func. 
    CallNextHookEx(nCode, wParam, lParam, hHook = 0) 
    { 
      Return DllCall("CallNextHookEx", "Uint", hHook, "int", nCode, "Uint", wParam, "Uint", lParam) 
    }

Took me a couple hours and eventually worked for me, give it a try. No idea if this can get you banned, I'm definitely not playing without it.

You are welcome. :3
This discussion has been closed.