new class...Ranger

adliz
adliz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Suggestion Box
Ranger should be a cool class for people looking for a master archer and a assasin in the shadows. This class can use bows from far ranges and can use daggers. They can go invisable and sneak attack enemies. They can use there bow to daze and cause crazy amounts of damage to enemies. They have a crazy special attack where they go into a rage where they can teleport behind multiple people and do 3 critacals to every person.

If you have any more suggestion on this class post it in the comments.
Post edited by adliz on

Comments

• shadowelmi
    shadowelmi Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    adliz wrote: »

This is what you are supposed to do instead. In fact, you lack a lot of important points when it come to suggestion a new class (reason for new class/defining feature/potential problems/etc.)
    Current preference: markswoman (21%); vampiress (19%); witch (15%); femme fatale (13%); bellatrix (12%); priestess (10%); trobairitz (9%); big-ugly-rock (1%) (disclaimer: word taken from dictionary and not necessary accurate)
  • anzoxe
    anzoxe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    this is a terrible idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • badazmofo
    badazmofo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Ranger should be a cool class for people looking for a master archer and a assasin in the shadows. This class can use bows from far ranges and can use daggers. They can go invisable and sneak attack enemies. They can use there bow to daze and cause crazy amounts of damage to enemies. They have a crazy special attack where they go into a rage where they can teleport behind multiple people and do 3 critacals to every person.

Soooooo imma take a shot at this you want a archer who can use daggers, a bow, go invisable, be guaranteed to do 3 aoe crits........ For this game??........ What are you smokeing? Please tell me I want some it must be good stuff.

In all seriousness this class would be the most OP class ever made and would break the game.... Im pretty sure the cash shop will do that in due time but right off the bat?.... No just no
  • sumofishy
    sumofishy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i hada similar idea... if i were to design a game, the classes would look like this

Fighter- Breaks into Warrior, and Paladin

Wizard- Breaks into Priest, and Mage

Warlock- Breaks into Vampire (DoT), and Summoner.. (class i came up with, they summon pets for a period of time... they are highly squishy)

Heres where we meet ~ Ranger - Breaks into Rogue and Archer, giving both classes a taste of each other, allowing archer for some mellee, rogue for some distance.

8 classess... tell me what you think (:

But on-topic, yea thatsway OP... and thanks fer ruining my spirits saying CS will destroy this game...
    Not in CB1 or 2... >.<
    I don't think I'm wanted in FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elf Priestess
    sumofishy
    Alchemist/Tamer
  • lavos900
    lavos900 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Makes no sense, a ranger is all about getting range and staying away from your enemies to do damage, but you want to combine that with a melee class who has stealth and does back attacks.

This is why I thank god randoms can't influence games, they have no idea what they're talking about.
  • p3quette
    p3quette Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i really hope htey will never come with anoter physical range attk in fw cause for once since 15 year freaking elf are not archer or whatever name !!!

if u dont like dwarf just find anoter class that it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emichan123321
    emichan123321 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ur idea...sucks. i like habing a ranger, but ur trying to combine 2 very different classes. they just dont go together.
    BlackCard♥ Memeber/Recruiter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We just witnessed a classic example of what I call miss directed rage, I believe the technical term is being an ****. - Fruits Basket
  • febbers
    febbers Posts: 1,565 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    this is a terrible idea

sounds like rangers from Aion, who were stupidly broken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
    Oh, you thought that was bad? Sweetie, you have another thing coming.
  • blindedinchains
    blindedinchains Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I like archers. n____n
    But I think the dwarve is good enough as range-class.
  • melnii
    melnii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I remember in a game where you had the Rogue class, which had the two subclasses Archer (bowuser) and *I forgot the name* (dagger user), so some games do it. But why would you want an Archer when you already have an epic Marksman, who is the same but modern? And why would you want a dagger Archer when you have an Assasin who uses daggers and becomes invisible? The class you want is already there, but split up between Marksman (ranged) and Assasin (daggers, invisible).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is Onomatomania, my avatar thing is messed up.
  • gameboo
    gameboo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    @ original poster.In another pwe game im a lv 9x archer and the archer you describe sounds op and as for ranger class look at Marksman.Take it or leave it.
    Earth ~ Yggdrasil
    guildfabulous.freeforums.biz
    Closed beta is nothing to sing and dance about.
  • heroicfish
    heroicfish Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Legolas fanboi imo

889873.gif
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

The sensation was scissors and too much to scream,
    so instead I just started to laugh.
  • gameboo
    edited September 2010
    heroicfish wrote: »
    Legolas fanboi imo

889873.gif

I think your a secret legolas fanboi <3
    Earth ~ Yggdrasil
  • heroicfish
    heroicfish Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    gameboo wrote: »
    I think your a secret legolas fanboi <3

I love everything Lord of the Rings; I even have marathon days where I put on my wizards robe and watch all three movies while baking rice crispy treats in the shapes of my favorite characters. If you must know, I make two Frodos and three Aragorns. Only one Legolas..

lotrtruthordare.gif
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

The sensation was scissors and too much to scream,
    so instead I just started to laugh.
  • ynrobyw
    ynrobyw Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    So in other words you want a half Huntsman Sniper(from TF2) and half Spy (also from TF2)? In other words mega OP.
    IGN:WolfWind
    Guild: Eternal Dead
    Position: Leader
    Race: Kindred
    Class: Vampire
    Level: 0
    Guild Site: fw-eternald.guildportal.com
    "Im not a crazed gunman dad, Im an assassin... well the difference being that one is a job and the other is a mental disorder." -The Sniper
    "Every government is a parliament of ****. The trouble is, in a democracy, the **** are us."
    P. J. O'Rourke

Eternal Dead is a PvP/PvE based guild that is looking for more members to add to our army of the damned, if you want to join the Dead, go to the site above.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • onestarz
    onestarz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ynrobyw wrote: »
    So in other words you want a half Huntsman Sniper(from TF2) and half Spy (also from TF2)? In other words mega OP.

lol yay someone whos played TF2 (just for gloating 27 backstabs in one life xD... its not to intentionally make you mad xD i just love telling people that because im so proud of that many backstabs in one life xD)

anyway... i dont understand the purpose to all of this.. we have marksmen.. thats a ranged class.. we dont need anymore ranged guys xP
    No longer participating in FW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a Master Healer. But all Masters still have much to learn.
  • sumofishy
    sumofishy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    im sorry adliz, these guys just dont understand sometimes m009.gif

hes not giving archer and rogue the same abilities, hes giving archer a melle attack. whats so wrong with that? it gives them a bit more dps, and survivability... if its not OP, its not OP...

hes giving rogue a pull... they dont really need one since they can prob go stealth but what the hay? let people experiment.

if you gave ranger crit drop range, and dps mellee, as ur all describing, yes it sucks.

but giving them a taste of each other wont end the world

md062.gif
    Not in CB1 or 2... >.<
    I don't think I'm wanted in FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elf Priestess
    sumofishy
    Alchemist/Tamer
  • takbonez77
    takbonez77 Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Sorry but this is a forign based game company. What they already made is what u get. They won't take these kind of suggestions. They claim bs like it would take to much time to develope a new character model. I learned this by asking on a few other games myself like on Aika Online to get rid of the **** **** "gender lock" Sorry to all the morons who claim "it cuts down on the lag" Who cares? ost games r gonna have sum lag at time. especially with older comps. I am all about "customization" I like to be an indivdaul. gneder lock is stupid and can confuse u from knowing which gender that player actually is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IGN: BruceCambell
    Race: Dwarf
    Class: Marksman
    Level: N/A
    Spouse: N/A
    Guild: ArmyOfDarkness
  • veees
    veees Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    THAT'S A GREAT IDEA!!

Putting all sarcasm aside...that's a terrible idea, really.
    This class would me completely OP. If this idea was implemented, then 99% of the FW population would be a ranger.
  • caelbranht
    caelbranht Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I don't know why people would start these threads since the developers would obviously not make an entirely new class just because someone makes a request.

IF ever they would, the game would have been available for at least a year or something.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Legendary Member of Condottieri
  • gameboo
    edited September 2010
    heroicfish wrote: »
    I love everything Lord of the Rings; I even have marathon days where I put on my wizards robe and watch all three movies while baking rice crispy treats in the shapes of my favorite characters. If you must know, I make two Frodos and three Aragorns. Only one Legolas..

lotrtruthordare.gif

hahahah hero you alway's make me giggle <3
    Earth ~ Yggdrasil
  • tenares
    tenares Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    let me gues u were playing that silly dum game called aion adn u wanna some of it here go play that sillly korean game
  • thivus
    thivus Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tenares wrote: »
    let me gues u were playing that silly dum game called aion adn u wanna some of it here go play that sillly korean game
    Wow, that's necrotarded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    race/Class:Kindred Vampire | Stoneman protector
    Ingame name:MercuryLaumpe | Thivus
  • saturoz
    saturoz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Little bit overpowerd, don't u think?
  • janedoe
    janedoe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If the devs wanted a ranger or archer class in the game, it would have been there from the very beginning.
  • pizzblack
    pizzblack Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Thread_NecroRD.jpg
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

There once was a BlackCard...~
  • janedoe
    janedoe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Aw ****, forgot to look at the post date....
  • ionpulsar
    ionpulsar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011

1- ranger = marksman
    2- assassin sneaks attacks and hide in the shadows and wield daggers (already a class)
    3- my suggestion would be to make marksmen able to use bow and crossbow besides rifle. Also have any melee weapon with few skills to defend when mobs get near enough, or at least have melee stuns in order to buy some time to gain distance again to shoot more.