sirdayne Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Cash Shop Huddle
Things that should be in the cash shop:
  • EXP Scrolls
  • Mounts
  • Blue Fuse Gems [Purple should be primarily obtainable through instances]
  • Flute of Enigma (x25 & x50 packs)
  • Cosmetic items (Costumes)
  • Items that remove restriction on Dreamland Wine (& variants)
  • Items to increase the number of prayers you can perform in a day (recieving EXP & gifts) + reduce cooldown
  • Talent Compass
  • Collectable Cards (but not so much as to be required to complete a collection.) In other words, make the purchasable cards either part of their own "Cash Shop collection" or as an aid to an existing collection that could be obtained normally through the game.
  • Exclusive Pets (e.g. starting at level 5). Player character Level Requirements should be placed on the Cash Shop pets.

Things that should NOT be in the cash shop:
  • Overpowered weapons (unless on a PvE exclusive server)
  • Overpowered armor
  • Crafting recipes

Additional considerations: Provide players with a way to earn Cash Shop money by doing quests. MMO players love being able to earn cash shop money by playing the game. They can buy a mount from the shop, with the money they earned playing the game. Players do not like being 100% forced to buy items from cash shops.
Post edited by sirdayne on

Comments

• fayrk
    fayrk Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    maybe weapon and armor can be unbalanced a pvp system.....

but the charm and cash potion can do more unbalanced i think.

in pwi, some ppl whit charm kill to ppl whit more lvl, best gear and refined.

i think is better put some cash gear and dont put charm or cash potion.
  • wolfhutner193
    wolfhutner193 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    on the list of things that should not be allowed in a cash shop u should add:
    *Sigils/charms w/e that give a 100% chance of refining a weap (otherwise we have those ppl that spend 100$ + and have +12 or higher equip).
    * Special gems that add (for example) 120 atk and 500 hp
    * useless items that never ever will be used ingame ( for any ppl that ask what i mean "Tanis Ka`s charm " from JD... its no good for anything (the stuff u use it for is not ingame yet!) but its still in the cash shop *facepalm*)
    * items that allow to add aditional gem slots...
    ok thats where i stop before i give them anymore stupid ideas.... knowing pwe they read "stuff ur supposed to put into a cash shop"
    edit; "earning cash shop money trough quests so that u can buy a mount..." this wont ever happen. why? mounts price usually 15$ worth of cs money. So someone just makes 20 chars and plays them for the cs money and then resells it for cheaper then what PWE sells their cash shop money for, aka Gold farmer or in this case Cash shop money farmer... i mean... didnt they already add a feature to prevent gold farming from happening? (2 types of money)
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I think we are forgetting that we are talking about Perfect World Entertainment here shocked.gif
    sirdayne wrote: »

Additional considerations: Provide players with a way to earn Cash Shop money by doing quests. MMO players love being able to earn cash shop money by playing the game. They can buy a mount from the shop, with the money they earned playing the game. Players do not like being 100% forced to buy items from cash shops.

PWE : About earn cash shop. You can do it via merchant, farming in game, or doing offers but quest ? oh no i don't like that . . and scamming is always not a good thing. Don't try to do it please.

PWE : Oh sorry but i am never force anyone to buy my cash shop. These isn't Pay to play game, so there no cost for you to play the game. It's everyone choice to open their wallet or unleash their shining credit cards or not.

PWE : Forsaken World customer service, regards.

*short compilation of cash shop discussion*
    and it's not me that speaking . . really it's not me . . o.o . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    +1

people spend tons on fashion and cosmetic stuff (or decorations in personal house in another game)

there is really no need to add power in cash shop to **** off people and give the MMO a worse name... in the end I don't even know if the sales are better that way tbh :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pimpeh
    pimpeh Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    NO PACKS PLEASE !

Thx :3
  • strever
    strever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I would HOPE that there would be nothing that can give someone an advantage. I think there should only be cosmetic items, and maybe a couple mounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me!
    CBT Status: Accepted
    You can run, your little mouth all day. But the hand of god just smacked you back into yesterday. -Godsmack
  • aerosephane
    aerosephane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Nothing that gives an advantage, e.g., crafting success/stronger pets/pet skills = me not opening my wallet. I could care less about fashion and I dare say a majority of player that play in F2P mmo's and spend money could either. This isn't a game about socializing... and being a full time working adult with a family I can't grind out 16 hours a day obtaining everything I need. Your lack of daily responsibilities = more time to play while my wallet makes up for my lack of time to play (which in turn supports the server & provides you a f2p game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrgamble
    mrgamble Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Why are u saying this already? U all know that it will be more than a year till the anniversary packs are here.
  • npramirez
    npramirez Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    money20large.jpg
  • tyanara
    edited January 2011
    Nothing that gives an advantage, e.g., crafting success/stronger pets/pet skills = me not opening my wallet. I could care less about fashion and I dare say a majority of player that play in F2P mmo's and spend money could either. This isn't a game about socializing... and being a full time working adult with a family I can't grind out 16 hours a day obtaining everything I need. Your lack of daily responsibilities = more time to play while my wallet makes up for my lack of time to play (which in turn supports the server & provides you a f2p game.
    /facepalm

You can always sell the cash shop currency or do midas's touch to get money to buy them gears from the grinders. No need to put stuff in cash shop, it only breaks the economy. Unless you're one of those dumb people who couldn't think of this possibility and just want to get everything with a single click.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • acryllis
    acryllis Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Your lack of daily responsibilities = more time to play while my wallet makes up for my lack of time to play (which in turn supports the server & provides you a f2p game.

And all this time i thought that was trevs job.
    Aflac
  • pizzblack
    pizzblack Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    tyanara wrote: »
    +1

people spend tons on fashion and cosmetic stuff (or decorations in personal house in another game)

there is really no need to add power in cash shop to **** off people and give the MMO a worse name... in the end I don't even know if the sales are better that way tbh :|

I lol'd at this.
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

There once was a BlackCard...~
  • aerosephane
    aerosephane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    /facepalm

You can always sell the cash shop currency or do midas's touch to get money to buy them gears from the grinders. No need to put stuff in cash shop, it only breaks the economy. Unless you're one of those dumb people who couldn't think of this possibility and just want to get everything with a single click.

People that /facepalm really need to look at wtf they write down... No **** Sherlock but guess what? If all you have in the CS is lame **** fashion stuff the amount of players that are actually willing to trade gold for leaves will be very low. I mean seriously lets add this up... a full fashion set costs maybe around 1000 leaves. Thats $25 USD... I'm not spending $25 to make my toon prance in an outfit that looks even more feminine then the **** he has on already. I wouldn't even waste $10 on **** like that. If your going to sit there and say "it breaks the economy/ it ruins the game/ omfg 2012 the world is going to end!" You better have some explanations. Anyone can provide criticism. Whats so hard about complaining? If you can't offer some type of constructive explanation your just wasting your breath. So please explain how this or anything in the CS will break this game? Do you not have the ability to purchase these items from other players via ingame currency whether it's through leaf exchange or player shops? This is 2011... F2P CS games are nothing new. Haven't you figured out by now that if you want to free load and not spend any money your going to have to work harder?
    Unless you're one of those dumb people who couldn't think of this possibility and just want to get everything with a single click.

I really liked this part! Money grows on tree's and basically comes out of my butt every time I use the bathroom. Seriously? 8 years in the Marines, a college degree, and 10 years of work experience provides me with a nice car, a nice spacious apartment in a city where the cost of living exceeds most others, and the financial independence to pretty much do whatever I want. I, like most others, have earned their money and the right to spend it how they please. If "earning" something in a virtual world is some kind of life achievement to you then kudos. May you earn the respect of everyone it matters to in this virtual world of yours. Me, I'm taking my cash and buying **** so you can continue to play freely and "earn" more virtual reputation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordval
    lordval Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    +1 myfriend!
  • tyanara
    edited January 2011
    stuff
    What a load of bs.

First of all you have clearly no idea how a MMO's economy works do you? If you put stuff available in cash shop it impacts people that farm for profit, especially if it's cheap in cash shop, because nobody will buy drops anymore. Look at PWI and what the $72 rank 8 sale made, Nirvana obsolete, and the only chance to get gear now is to CS because everything you farm is a complete waste of time compared to that uber gear you get with 72$.

Second, you talk as if you're the center of the world and that every cash shopper is like you and works hard for their money. Sorry, look at trev and see that is not the case, but I dunno why you brought this argument in the story anyway. If you don't have time to even make trades in game and prefer stuff to be sold in cash shop directly why the hell do you even play the game then?

And lastly, it is the CSers that want power in cash shop the ones actually making a big fuss about who they are in game. I mean, game is playable without +12 refines, without max gems, without hax gear. Yet you want that and even QQ if you can't have that option (elite stuff in cash shop) just to show off?

EDIT: I cashshopped in PWI, sold my zen and bought some gear (not super hax though) with the coins. I wasn't dim-sighted like you to beg for those gears directly in CS, or other "power" stuff. And about your argument that nobody will buy leaves anymore without uber stuff, you are terribly wrong. Not only do many people buy tons of pets/mounts/fashion/bag extension (just cuz YOU don't like those doesn't mean that's how it is for everyone), but also Midas's Touch nullifies your argument completely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • willheim
    willheim Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    • EXP Scrolls
    • Mounts
    • Blue Fuse Gems [Purple should be primarily obtainable through instances]
    • Flute of Enigma (x25 & x50 packs)
    • Cosmetic items (Costumes)
    • Items that remove restriction on Dreamland Wine (& variants)
    • Items to increase the number of prayers you can perform in a day (recieving EXP & gifts) + reduce cooldown
    • Talent Compass
    • Collectable Cards (but not so much as to be required to complete a collection.) In other words, make the purchasable cards either part of their own "Cash Shop collection" or as an aid to an existing collection that could be obtained normally through the game.
    • Exclusive Pets (e.g. starting at level 5). Player character Level Requirements should be placed on the Cash Shop pets.

• Overpowered armor
    • Crafting recipes

I don't hope for the day they will allow us to gain cash shop money by doing quests. Their main income is cash shop. If we can get cash shop money in game, they will go bankrupt. lol
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    • EXP Scrolls
    ok.. not bad.. x's
    [*]Mounts
    already in it.. not bad idea..
    [*]Blue Fuse Gems [Purple should be primarily obtainable through instances]
    idk what u meant by this.. but seems like a bad idea..
    [*]Flute of Enigma (x25 & x50 packs)
    they'r alredy in it in pack of 1 or 10..
    [*]Cosmetic items (Costumes)
    yes.. like any other mmo
    [*]Items that remove restriction on Dreamland Wine (& variants)
    bad idea.. unless u want ppl hitting cap in 3 days and leaving the game in the next 2..
    [*]Items to increase the number of prayers you can perform in a day (recieving EXP & gifts) + reduce cooldown
    bad idea..
    [*]Talent Compass
    good
    [*]Collectable Cards (but not so much as to be required to complete a collection.) In other words, make the purchasable cards either part of their own "Cash Shop collection" or as an aid to an existing collection that could be obtained normally through the game.[/quote
    bad
    [*]Exclusive Pets (e.g. starting at level 5). Player character Level Requirements should be placed on the Cash Shop pets.
    alrdy in.. good..
    • Overpowered armor
    • Crafting recipes
    agree.. mayb not in the recipe.. cus they'r gnna need the mats anyway.. x's..
    as much as i would like.. that's not gnna happen..

• triopsate
    triopsate Posts: 3
    edited January 2011
    well i guess they could be like king of kings 3 and have 2 types of cash shop cash, a soulbound version that is obtainable in small amounts from quests and the real type that you can pay for. I mean if they do that more people are probably going to use the cash shop since i highly doubt the soulbound cash you get from quests will be enough for all the things people want to buy. and well people are prob more likely to buy cash if you let them sample how spending money in the CS feels like.
  • gregj
    gregj Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I think the only way to keep it balanced is for the players to not get to greedy and none social like they have on PWI. And remember its a game not a business so dont try to make it one or this game will become another PWI that no one wants to play.
  • vilantius
    vilantius Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    How about making the world flute a one time buy item? A world chat anyone can use fosters a feeling of community among the players, and helps to stave off the occasionally korean-esque graphics. Whenever the only thing going on in world chat is selling and buying, it seems foreign, and in America Korean games are often seen as inadequate. You have crafted a great game, but this would help make the world feel more full, present a more polished game, and for people with limited spending power (ie. really tight budgets, teenagers, etc.) the idea of spending 10-15 dollars one time for infinite world chat would be greatly favorable to buying 10 world flutes for cheaper so you can get good equipment and then never buy/use them again.
  • wolfhutner193
    edited February 2011
    vilantius wrote: »
    How about making the world flute a one time buy item? A world chat anyone can use fosters a feeling of community among the players, and helps to stave off the occasionally korean-esque graphics.
    foster a feeling of community among players?? wtf are u smoking, and can i have some? Did you see what happend when ppl get free leaves? spam and flame wars and 2nd home for every troll. thats what the wolrd chat would turn into. Wolrd chat is not supposed to be used as a replacement chat. its for trading and recruting. i mean common /Worldchat
    Random: WTS Blue underwear of the giant dwarf 10g.
    Spammer: Trollololololol 10g ur such a noob *** hahahaha
    Spammer2: hahahaha yeah hahaha ur mom buys that.
    Spammer3: LEAVE RANDOM ALONE.
    Troll: bahaha ur such a a bunch of noobs.
    Cser1: Omg this turns me on... someone add me at MSN for hot cs!
    /Flamewar starts

This would be just a daily sample of what world chat would turn into if: soon-to-be-teenagers, teenagers, horny teenagers, drunk teenagers and drunk&horny teenagers would have the ablity to write for the rest of their FW lifes in the world chat. for only 15$....
    Generally ur idea would be good. and like communism it looks nice on paper. sadly as soon as u turn it into practic it fails epicly. the world is not full of pink flowers and people padding each other on the back....
    or wait... FW do it!!!! i dont really care what happens to this game anyway cos it SUCKS. Why do i say this? Cos this game is a disapointment and not better then any other F2P game out there.... cant wait for GW2

lets conTROLL this forum hahahahahaahahahahaha... noobs :P
  • justafriend
    justafriend Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    foster a feeling of community among players?? wtf are u smoking, and can i have some?

Generally ur idea would be good. and like communism it looks nice on paper. sadly as soon as u turn it into practic it fails epicly. the world is not full of pink flowers and people padding each other on the back....

So. Much. Win

Everything you said is sooooooooooo true. That is a horrible, game ruining idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <HeartAndSoul> a PVE/RP/RPK clan. heartandsoul.mmoguildsites.com
    We play the game for fun like it was meant to be
    ! Join Us!
    Why do people get so serious over a few 01010101's? *rolls eyes*
  • puremystical
    puremystical Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    *Sigh* okies I admit I was once a person who believed "hey~! keep refine items and power ups out of cash shop" but honestly if you are willing to spend money on a game that is primarily free you should have the privelage to purchase such items. If you dont have time or will to work hard in cyber space you can work hard in real life to buy the items in cash or money for the items in game. Please stop being upset over cash shop players having "advances" im sorry to say this but, if you cant afford to buy the items stop whining and work hard in game to make it. Honestly its that simple.
  • wolfhutner193
    edited February 2011
    *Sigh* okies I admit I was once a person who believed "hey~! keep refine items and power ups out of cash shop" but honestly if you are willing to spend money on a game that is primarily free you should have the privelage to purchase such items. If you dont have time or will to work hard in cyber space you can work hard in real life to buy the items in cash or money for the items in game. Please stop being upset over cash shop players having "advances" im sorry to say this but, if you cant afford to buy the items stop whining and work hard in game to make it. Honestly its that simple.

yes this is true. but, this is pwe. no amount of hard work will ever get you as far as a cash shoper. funny thing really is: none of PWE games is as good as lets say WoW, GW, D2 etc. still some people spend more money on "F2P" games then for games you have to pay for... therefore i came to the conclusion. Cash shopers that spend more then 35$ a month on a F2P, used to play WoW etc. but got pwned so hard, that they rage quit and started buying their way to the top in f2p games to feel better. So really, instead of trying to compete with people like this, i buy me a copy of d2/gw or what ever i feel like, and play with people that have to use the same amount of work to get as far as i am.
    Should i ever feel the urge to be the best in a F2P game and want to buy myself to the top, well.... i already asked my dear sis to shoot me.
    the only reason im still on the forums is to trollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll gagagagagshfgrtfqulwirgq2i3u4qt2ge4qwzer NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS for you... well this is boring.... what ever :P
  • justafriend
    justafriend Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Please stop being upset over cash shop players having "advances" im sorry to say this but, if you cant afford to buy the items stop whining and work hard in game to make it. Honestly its that simple.

Exactly. I have more than enough money to be a cash shopper but :

#1. Its just a F2P game . . .

#2. Its and easy game (as all MMO's are pretty much:rolleyes:)

So I have no problem leveling up without the cash shop, but I could care less if the guy next to me in a dungeon is a cash shopper or not, as long as they know how to play im fine.

But year after year, game after game, whenever there is a cash shop involved, you get the flood of people who cant afford it complaining like its the end of the world.

Blah, people care too much about 0101010101010101010101010101010101010

Just play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <HeartAndSoul> a PVE/RP/RPK clan. heartandsoul.mmoguildsites.com
    We play the game for fun like it was meant to be
    ! Join Us!
    Why do people get so serious over a few 01010101's? *rolls eyes*
  • mk16
    mk16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    As long as cash shop currency can be converted to game currency in any way, the cash shop will always be an overpowered Pay To Win.

But PWE wouldn't make nearly as much money if they fixed that.
    Banned for no reason on -two- accounts, thanks PWE
  • d1g1talv3n0m
    d1g1talv3n0m Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    As long as I'm not completely barred from playing semi-competitively in pvp then I really don't care. I just don't want there to be incredibly overpowered weapons or gems that basically make it so anyone who doesn't have them can't compete.
    ~D1g1talV3n0m~
  • nightingale8
    nightingale8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    mk16 wrote: »
    As long as cash shop currency can be converted to game currency in any way, the cash shop will always be an overpowered Pay To Win.

But PWE wouldn't make nearly as much money if they fixed that.

Not if the best equipment are bind on pick up so players have to do their own instance farming to get the better gears.

However , all these talk about balancing cashshop is pointless because the way mastery/resistance training work already make this game a hardcore pay to win mmo.
  • gustavomesquita
    gustavomesquita Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Just play.

You can:

1- Whine, qq and make several posts/threads/commentaries about the same issue over and over again.

2- Ignore the whole thing, play and get yourself smashed onto the grind/greed/repeatable wall over and over again.

I'm with the qq'ers, bro. And I'm not trolling.
    [Add smth cool here]
  • notgointouseform
    notgointouseform Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i agree mounts shud be in the game but not at a HIGH price like $30 for 1 mount that is stupid and a waste most things that were said i agree with bein in shop

Things that shud be BANNED from CS

1.Pots,pills what ever you want to call them

This makes PVP a pain as people will just SPAM pots non stop (happens in ALL mmo that has this) (only way around this would be to put same pots that are onsale in shop)

2.Weapons,armor etc

Makes PVP so unfair when u work hard to make your EPIC weapon and some Rich noob buys one

I would love to see Mounts that 2people+ can ride as this was always fun in any mmo i played
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    IGN:XxBLAZExX
    Class:Warrior
    LVL:38
    Guild:XxFEARxX
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    I Am God Of Tha Sword So Bring It