PvP improvements!

stefan474
stefan474 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Suggestion Box
I (and many other players) play MMO games for PvP.And this game seems really nice and polished only thing that i disliked about it is PvP!Please bring few adjustments to it.
Suggestions for it are
1.Bring Battlegrounds in game!
Similar to World of Warcraft ones (with CTF mode,you already have epic large team clash)
2.Maybe bringing in RANKED arena (i did not search does this exists forgive me for that,but ranked arena is really good idea)
3.End-Level PvP Gear (I don't know does that exist but i would like it to exist :))

Greetings from me,see you in game! :)
Post edited by stefan474 on

Comments

• thivus
    thivus Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I support.

Though i'm guessing they already have plans to put these things in, they'd lose a lot of PVP oriented player if they didn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    race/Class:Kindred Vampire | Stoneman protector
    Ingame name:MercuryLaumpe | Thivus
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I support this too. It would be nice to see PvP gear that is different from the PvE(like in WoW). Ranked arena will be also nice, but with this movement system it'll suck imo. Although good idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Right now they are going to loose a loty of players if they keep the PVP system like it is, yesterday and Saturday a lot of level 40 players were camping everywhere Pking anyone under level 40, you couldnt do a single quest because wherever you went you were pked, I got Pked 3 times, I didnt fight back, let them have their fun and tried to finish the quest the best I could. They need to deactivate PVP under Beta and create a better system. A system like WOW or like AO where you have a designated area for PVP so the hardcore players who wish to PVP can go and have it at it. All games need PVE and PVP but PVP that just becomne a PK feast is a game that will not survive.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • fayrk
    fayrk Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    Right now they are going to loose a loty of players if they keep the PVP system like it is, yesterday and Saturday a lot of level 40 players were camping everywhere Pking anyone under level 40, you couldnt do a single quest because wherever you went you were pked, I got Pked 3 times, I didnt fight back, let them have their fun and tried to finish the quest the best I could. They need to deactivate PVP under Beta and create a better system. A system like WOW or like AO where you have a designated area for PVP so the hardcore players who wish to PVP can go and have it at it. All games need PVE and PVP but PVP that just becomne a PK feast is a game that will not survive.

all pvp server have that problem, overpower abuse, in wow we have that too, some ppl just want pk or "pvp" only cuz r hig lvl. ppl lvl60-80 killing lvl30-50 is really sad.

FW is a nice game, but the pvp system need some changes, soul orb suck (in my opinion), game need movement+skill, somes instant cast skill.

guild war-ally system, whit color names like Darkorbit.

some ppl say the pvp system in FW is a hardcore pvpsystem, i say is a unbalanced for melee.

i have years playing MMO, and this is the same system in PWI and i lvlup to lvl100 in PWI Barbarian and i never cant do a nice pvp vs range......

ya, maybe im noob in this movement system, but i like more the movement+skills...
  • stefan474
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for all of your responses,I hope we will get what we want.I did not play this game yet,what is wrong with movement system?
  • stefan474
    edited January 2011
    Also it would be really cool if you could buy PvP gear with money that you earn IN PVP!Not in PvE.Like "honot points" system in WoW.
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Well it's the old school movement system that Asians refer to I think. Thing is once you start attacking a player you can't move, so... it's kinda boring and old system to use imo. The thing is, these companies are only publishers and can't do major things, only fix minor bugs the rest must be sent to the team that develops the game in Asia and then sent back and here to be translated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    mayito2009 wrote: »

You have to test the pvp system in beta, which is why the beta server is pvp.

All their other games work with pvp servers having open ground pvp everywhere except for towns, and those games do fine so i dont see a problem.

If you hate pvp in general there will probably be a pve server anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • npramirez
    npramirez Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Why don't they just add a range of levels. I can't remember if they did this in other games but it seems reasonable. For example, a player can only attack other players that are 5 levels lower than them or higher. So if I was level 50, I could only attack players level 45-80 (or whatever the level cap is). Just a thought but either way, players will abuse the PvP system from time to time.
  • drakovongola1
    drakovongola1 Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    npramirez wrote: »
    Why don't they just add a range of levels. I can't remember if they did this in other games but it seems reasonable. For example, a player can only attack other players that are 5 levels lower than them or higher. So if I was level 50, I could only attack players level 45-80 (or whatever the level cap is). Just a thought but either way, players will abuse the PvP system from time to time.

Actually you'd only be able to kill anyone 45-55, since anyone 56+ can't attack you.
    Don't use huge images in your signature.
    ^Well at least I can say Crab helped me with my sig, lol
    IGN: DrakoVongola(Vamp) and DrakoVongole(Priest)
    PvP Server
  • npramirez
    npramirez Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Actually you'd only be able to kill anyone 45-55, since anyone 56+ can't attack you.

lol, sorry. I forgot to mention that they could attack you if you attack them.
  • xsolarx
    xsolarx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I support this idea too. +1 =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world isn't perfect, so play in one that's Forsaken.
  • patroclusgr
    patroclusgr Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    stefan474 wrote: »
    Also it would be really cool if you could buy PvP gear with money that you earn IN PVP!Not in PvE.Like "honot points" system in WoW.

i believe that the mindless pvp is a very wrong thing and drives the game to chaos... the "honor points" supports the mindless pvp because gives to the hardcore pvpers the right to "kill" innocent people... mmos are not action shooters to earn points by killing people... mmos are based on the community and should respect the community...

The PK of a player is a "bad" thing and the PKer should have some kind of a penalty... Even if I PKed a player because he was rude, I have the moral right to do it, but I should suffer the penalty of my "evil" action... and that's life...

IMO the PKer should turn to red and if he died should drop one of his items... if he PKed a low level player, the rate of dropping should be increased. fair and clear...
  • bryanfury83
    bryanfury83 Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The PK of a player is a "bad" thing and the PKer should have some kind of a penalty... Even if I PKed a player because he was rude, I have the moral right to do it, but I should suffer the penalty of my "evil" action... and that's life...

IMO the PKer should turn to red and if he died should drop one of his items... if he PKed a low level player, the rate of dropping should be increased. fair and clear...

This guy really understand (unlike a lot of people here) what is PK (as you write) and what is PvP (a totally another thing.... PvP=/=PK), i liked your words