game.exe has stopped.

anshishoku
anshishoku Posts: 22 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Technical Support Zone
My game keeps crashing on me! I don't know if its my computer, or the actual game. The game completely exits and a pop-up comes up that says something like: "game.exe has stopped. Windows is trying to find the problem (or a solution to the problem, I forget)."

Here are my computer specs:

AMD Phenom(tm) II x4 965 Processor 3.40GHz
6.00GB RAM
64-bit Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium

I know on the other Perfect World games, a crash reporter will pop up if the game crashes. However, since this game is still in its beta phase, I am unsure if this crash reporter was put into place. If it was, I am not getting it.

I would love to know if there is a solution to this problem. If its a problem with the game, then here is a heads up for the game-codey people! ;)

If it's my computer, then hopefully I can kick it into working.

Thanks.
Post edited by anshishoku on
Name: Epithet
Race: Elf
Class: Bard

Comments

• stacyraven
    stacyraven Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    anshishoku wrote: »
    My game keeps crashing on me! I don't know if its my computer, or the actual game. The game completely exits and a pop-up comes up that says something like: "game.exe has stopped. Windows is trying to find the problem (or a solution to the problem, I forget)."

Here are my computer specs:

AMD Phenom(tm) II x4 965 Processor 3.40GHz
    6.00GB RAM
    64-bit Operating System
    Windows 7 Home Premium

I know on the other Perfect World games, a crash reporter will pop up if the game crashes. However, since this game is still in its beta phase, I am unsure if this crash reporter was put into place. If it was, I am not getting it.

I would love to know if there is a solution to this problem. If its a problem with the game, then here is a heads up for the game-codey people! ;)

If it's my computer, then hopefully I can kick it into working.

Thanks.

Try testing another game and see if you get the same message.

I got the same message and at first thought there was a problem with the game, but after trying to open a couple of other MMOs and getting the same message I realized the problem was on my end. I figured out I had that issue after downloading WeGame. So I uninstalled the "WeGame" program and it fixed the problem.

Have you installed any new programs recently?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fully alive ♥ More than most ♥ Ready to smile and love life ~Flyleaf
  • anshishoku
    edited January 2011
    Blah it did it again. And yes, I have tested other games...only this one does this. Anyway, I managed to screenie the error:

Untitled-1.png
  • drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited January 2011
    did a search under "game.exe" and had a few threads pop-up...was wondering if you tried this since it was suggested in a diff thread:
    lakistella wrote: »
    Hello hello, I had this game.exe problem as well but since I've encountered it in other online games before, I tried to use the same method to solve it and it works fine for me now. I'm on Windows Vista. =)

Here's the steps:
    1. Right-click on Computer and select Properties.
    2. On the new popup, on the sidebar, select 'Advanced system settings'.
    3. Under the Advanced tab, click 'Settings' under the Performance section.
    4. Select 'Data Execution Prevention' tab.
    5. Select 'Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select'.
    6. Click 'Add'.
    7. Select 'patcher' in your Forsaken World folder.
    8. Apply it and then you can go ahead and launch the patcher to start the game.

It worked for me, so I hope it might help you out as well. =D

edit: Just realised it was listed under technical errors thread under windows xp hehe, but it's the same for vista imo and you dunnid to restart your computer. =x
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • anshishoku
    edited January 2011
    Alright, thanks. I applied these settings and hopefully they will work!
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Please send in a ticket to Tech Support with the following information so we can try to figure this out for you if you continue to have problems. We need you to send us some of your computer's information.

1) What is the make and model number of your computer?

2) Please also tell us whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit version of Windows. You can find out in Windows by going here: Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System. Then look under System > System Type. It will then display 32bit Operating System or 64bit Operating System. Include that info with the info we ask for below.

3) To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run, then type in dxdiag and press Enter. Click on Save All Information as a text file (on your Desktop as an example.
    If you are using Vista or 7, go to the Start Menu, click on the Search menu and type dxdiag.exe.

4) Attach the dxdiag.txt that you save to your reply to us.

If you have a 64bit system, please click on the 64bit Dxdiag/DirectX button to save the correct log file.

This is important so that we can help you find the right software for your system.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • lilrome1
    lilrome1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    thanks, I was having the same problem but this fixed it.
  • zilthas
    zilthas Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Worked for me, too.
  • anshishoku
    edited January 2011
    Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I applied the above setting and now the patcher wont even launch the game. XD

I will have to send in a ticket.
  • max400
    max400 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    since yesterday i'm crashing out a lot more than before.
    It used to be once or twice a day but not it's almost every time i teleport from harbour to bramble camp or tele from guild base to harbour.
    only difference on my pc is the software update you applied to game yesterday when you raised lvl cap to 50.
    Please can you try & help fix this.