Forsaken World Realm V Realm!!

lonestar7
lonestar7 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
Im thinking forsaken world should have a Realm Vs Realm that would be so fun. what do you think about the idea?
Post edited by lonestar7 on

Comments

• stacyraven
    stacyraven Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lonestar72 wrote: »
    Im thinking forsaken world should have a Realm Vs Realm that would be so fun. what do you think about the idea?

Realm vs Realm?? I'm not sure I understand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fully alive ♥ More than most ♥ Ready to smile and love life ~Flyleaf
  • strever
    strever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Realm vs. Realm = Lagfest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me!
    CBT Status: Accepted
    You can run, your little mouth all day. But the hand of god just smacked you back into yesterday. -Godsmack
  • acryllis
    acryllis Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    stacyraven wrote: »
    Realm vs Realm?? I'm not sure I understand.

If I'm not mistaken it's more or less a huge chunk of a server VS a huge chunk of a server.

So like 300 vs 300 sort of thing but they are from different servers.
    Aflac
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I don't want the lag so no thx best to stick with pvp, tw and guild wars.
  • th30ry
    th30ry Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Its something to add in the future, maybe 6/12 months from now when servers
    are stable and everyones capped and whatnot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I read once that there will be server vs server wars.

And dammit people stop confusing Realms with Servers. A realm is like a channel in most other MMOs - basically another world inside a server with mobs and all world related stuff independent of other realms on that server, but you can switch to other realms whenever you want, just if you're in game takes around 20 sec to avoid abuses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xreinhart
    xreinhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    He probably means faction+objective warfare, not server v server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • keripofw
    keripofw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lonestar72 wrote: »

Welcome to Forsaken World, where your opinions and suggestions do not matter. Because no matter how hard you try, the fact is, it won't change anything. Yay for no North American devs.

On a more on-topic note, PW-Beijing is known to have hosted inter-server PvP tournaments for their various games. Pretty much they duplicate your character onto a special test server for the tournament. Don't know much about the details, but it has happened a few times in the past with success. In the description for Forsaken World, it was also mentioned that the God of War will lead the server to war against other servers.

How much of that description was mythology vs actual development plans? Who knows.
    What are the chances that this will happen on our servers? Judging by PWE's history and their general under-staffing, slim to none I would say.

Thats just the sad truth ; /

~Moonlite
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • electricwater
    electricwater Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    huh... before FW was launched in cb, it was promised that there would have wars between servers... not sure about realms, but servers yeah...
    Like, EU server VS USA server... it'll be nice :D
  • tocki
    tocki Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    server vs. server thing sounds epic.

i like the idea of interacting between teh best of the best..
    but it's gonna be a laggy war. (i'm sure they'll take their time before cumming up with more information about teh god system)
  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    There is another choice to play a server vs server war. each server creates a squad of different levels like level 30-40 vs level 30-40 rival, the other squad can be from level 40-50vs 40-50 rival etc etc you get the drift. The devs can create a small server where these squads will compete in a public arena and you could watch them fighting. That could be an awesome addition to this game. The combats can be scheduled a different hours so in the 1st hour goes squad 30-40 from server 1 vs squad 30-40 of server 2 and so on. The prizes for the winners could go from some super fancy armor, weapon, etc to money, title with extra power on it, etc.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • poopeanut
    poopeanut Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    server vs server , sounds nice.

but to put a PvP based server vs a PvE server , would give the impression of an imbalance of sorts
  • tocki
    tocki Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    There is another choice to play a server vs server war. each server creates a squad of different levels like level 30-40 vs level 30-40 rival, the other squad can be from level 40-50vs 40-50 rival etc etc you get the drift. The devs can create a small server where these squads will compete in a public arena and you could watch them fighting. That could be an awesome addition to this game. The combats can be scheduled a different hours so in the 1st hour goes squad 30-40 from server 1 vs squad 30-40 of server 2 and so on. The prizes for the winners could go from some super fancy armor, weapon, etc to money, title with extra power on it, etc.

try that in suggestion,
    but i think dat would be a bit too much to ask for.
    if they'd enable it for everyone, the god war system wouldn't be special anymore.
  • ionpulsar
    ionpulsar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    strever wrote: »
    Realm vs. Realm = Lagfest

if pwe fix the lag/latency issue it would work just fine a RvR.

Aika online has 1000 vs 1000 RvR with no lag... so it would be a good idea RvR in FW as long as pwe work on the lag issue
  • thivus
    thivus Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If a realm vs realm feature is released, I do believe it would be best to seperate it into PVE vs PVE and PVP vs PVP, with different rewards for each
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    race/Class:Kindred Vampire | Stoneman protector
    Ingame name:MercuryLaumpe | Thivus
  • aerosephane
    aerosephane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    RvR would be a nightmare. Anyone that played high level RvR in warhammer could attest to this. It doesn't matter how good your comp/connection is trust me it would be a massive lag fest between the massive amounts of players/skills/pets/aoe's etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arilzia
    arilzia Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    poopeanut wrote: »
    server vs server , sounds nice.

but to put a PvP based server vs a PvE server , would give the impression of an imbalance of sorts

Why? Works just fine for Requiem
    Because I could not stop for Death-he kindly stopped for
    me-the carriage held but just Ourselves-and Immortality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig credit: Discordia
  • lalalina
    lalalina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I can't even imagine the amount of lag that will occur during a Realm vs Realm.

No, it won't even be considered as lag anymore.
    It would be more like...an exploding computer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Phoenix

Phoenix is too school for cool.
  • ionpulsar
    ionpulsar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    RvR would be a nightmare. Anyone that played high level RvR in warhammer could attest to this. It doesn't matter how good your comp/connection is trust me it would be a massive lag fest between the massive amounts of players/skills/pets/aoe's etc.

warhammer is infamous for having a **** of a server that lags with a few ppl fighting together..... that comparison wasnt so good... if u say so, ill mention again as i said in other post... Aika online has RvR 1000 vs 1000 pvp and has no lag, and is a f2p game too, why FW cant have RvR with no lag? everything is possible, just need work, experience and money :p
  • xreinhart
    xreinhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ionpulsar wrote: »
    warhammer is infamous for having a **** of a server that lags with a few ppl fighting together..... that comparison wasnt so good... if u say so, ill mention again as i said in other post... Aika online has RvR 1000 vs 1000 pvp and has no lag, and is a f2p game too, why FW cant have RvR with no lag? everything is possible, just need work, experience and money :p
    Aika never had 1000 v 1000. Maybe across all nations, but in any one channel it would cap at somewhere past 200 v 200.

Warhammer however, had some massive battles. I remember the 400 v 400 that happened after they merged a bunch of pvp servers with Dark Craig. If I recall Destro got to the throne room in one fortress for the first time on any server and all the zones crashed and reset before they could finish. And it wasn't just lag. People were disappearing on screen even when there was no server lag. No one wants RvR like that, but if FW had multiple objectives and capturable castles across several zones, it would be feasable. WAR's single zone mega fortresses were a bad idea to begin with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.