PvP system, what do you think

mackow
mackow Posts: 48 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
First: This is for ppl who do make PvP, so ppl who prefer pve games pls stay away

As a person that like to kill ppl do you like PvP system? Rewards and penaltys? You think its fair? Are you afraid that CS will make it unbalanced? Will you still play this game if it will be like this?

This is discussion tread, i want to know how many ppl share same vision like me and how many not.
Post edited by mackow on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    First point the PVP system is very buggy, mainly due to the slowdown of the game because only 1 server. So targeting tends to be difficult. Second point we don't like to KILL PEOPLE, this is a game, we kill characters no people. Third point like all the F2P CS will determine who will go ahead, it is sad but it is the truth. I would play the game until nerfing occurs or some drastic change that screws the gameplay. I dont think the penalties are activated now because everyone that has been involved in PVP that I know is not loosing items, so I dont think that is fully active the PVP system.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • rqconvulsion
    rqconvulsion Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The pvp sucks the penalties are to steep, there is no forced wars so you have to hope people war you, no areans/bgs. Unless there is some sort of better form pvp I doubt most people will play this game FOR the pvp.
    Convulsion BEST PLAYER ON THE SERVER!
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    First point the PVP system is very buggy, mainly due to the slowdown of the game because only 1 server. So targeting tends to be difficult. Second point we don't like to KILL PEOPLE, this is a game, we kill characters no people. Third point like all the F2P CS will determine who will go ahead, it is sad but it is the truth. I would play the game until nerfing occurs or some drastic change that screws the gameplay. I dont think the penalties are activated now because everyone that has been involved in PVP that I know is not loosing items, so I dont think that is fully active the PVP system.

To correct you, it's losing*. :)

My biggest of all issues is that you are not able to move while dueling or doing guild wars. I also know/heard that the targeting system is really slow. I'm not in the beta and can't say much about the PvP, even tho I adore to PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mayito2009
    mayito2009 Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    This dumb keyboard sometimes writes what it wants, lol Yes the targeting system is very slow and even casting your spells is slow, sometimes I have to hit the key 3 times to get the spell to activate.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).
  • iotai
    iotai Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I don't like how you can remain white even if you kill countless reds. (where you start the fight, not the red)...

Basically you can pk without ever being labled a pker... seems wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stacyraven
    stacyraven Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    iotai wrote: »
    I don't like how you can remain white even if you kill countless reds. (where you start the fight, not the red)...

But isn't that a good thing? If you aren't red then you aren't going to be dropping items? Or did I get that wrong?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fully alive ♥ More than most ♥ Ready to smile and love life ~Flyleaf
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited January 2011

+1
    Rpker in a rpking guild's view though lol xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • thivus
    thivus Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Its not that bad unless you're a "OMG I MUST KILL EVERYTHING THAT MOVES RAAAAAAGE" type
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    race/Class:Kindred Vampire | Stoneman protector
    Ingame name:MercuryLaumpe | Thivus
  • berbes
    berbes Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i think they wanted to implement something like pkker(pk killer). U get red name from pking white name n it makes it a bit 'fair' if u r defending against a redname, like he/she attacks u while questing. N those saying the penalty is too harsh, i disagree. aside losing unbound item(which r usually potions that r as easy as **** to make) u lose equip durability. But there r durability gems in the game which is fairly easy to get. I currently have abt 6 of them.

And abt forced wars, well wat if they have it(which there is, base wars) and one of the guilds do not show up?
    One more thing, there is the safety lock option to prevent item drop of any kind
  • futuristik
    futuristik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    berbes wrote: »
    i think they wanted to implement something like pkker(pk killer). U get red name from pking white name n it makes it a bit 'fair' if u r defending against a redname, like he/she attacks u while questing. N those saying the penalty is too harsh, i disagree. aside losing unbound item(which r usually potions that r as easy as **** to make) u lose equip durability. But there r durability gems in the game which is fairly easy to get. I currently have abt 6 of them.

And abt forced wars, well wat if they have it(which there is, base wars) and one of the guilds do not show up?
    One more thing, there is the safety lock option to prevent item drop of any kind

But the fact is that if a white name player attacks a random red name player the white player doesn't turn orange. You should also know that there is a set amount of times that you can use the shards before it will stop you from using them.

Then they shouldn't have a base then should they?

Meh people are already getting bored at this cap and there's only so many times you can do an instance before you're bored of them. This game needs an arena or something like it to keep people entertained.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • berbes
    berbes Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    There is an arena-like instance(has mobs n bosses) which i will try n make a guide for it. Might not be the best but its better than nothing.
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    berbes wrote: »
    There is an arena-like instance(has mobs n bosses) which i will try n make a guide for it. Might not be the best but its better than nothing.

That's not an arena, that is a raid. o0 Arena is where players fight with other players(limited numbers). Arena or instanced battleground, does not have to have the old school style with open world PvP. One thing I know for sure is that we can't live up with the past, we may learn from it but not live with it.
    Also I would be happy if there is only balance between the classes and PvP and as long as the cash shop does not affect the PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heroicfish
    heroicfish Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ouriel125 wrote: »
    That's not an arena, that is a raid. o0 Arena is where players fight with other players(limited numbers). Arena or instanced battleground, does not have to have the old school style with open world PvP. One thing I know for sure is that we can't live up with the past, we may learn from it but not live with it.
    Also I would be happy if there is only balance between the classes and PvP and as long as the cash shop does not affect the PvP.

Classes doing their jobs would be lovely, I agree.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

The sensation was scissors and too much to scream,
    so instead I just started to laugh.
This discussion has been closed.