Important

rqconvulsion
rqconvulsion Posts: 358 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
Is there any sort of weekly PvP event planed for OB like TW in PWI? The pvp system is to strict and if there is no MASS PVP which involves guild vs guild then I shale play RIFT/DCU/Something with better pvp such as hellokitty online.

This is a serious subject.
Post edited by rqconvulsion on
Convulsion BEST PLAYER ON THE SERVER!

Comments

• stacyraven
    stacyraven Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    moderatorkitteh.jpg

Go kitteh go! lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fully alive ♥ More than most ♥ Ready to smile and love life ~Flyleaf
  • jazzboo
    jazzboo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    stacyraven wrote: »
    moderatorkitteh.jpg

Go kitteh go! lol

^fail
    It is not for people to know when they are going to die. Both you and me might not have much longer to live. But there is no such thing as cheap lives, regardless of whether you choose to welcome death or run away from it.

IGN: Divva
  • rqconvulsion
    edited January 2011
    Why would this thread get locked? Its a serious question I need to know. Why waste time and money on something that doesnt give me that I want.
  • xsurticx
    xsurticx Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I'm pretty sure Feb said there are base wars at some point (which are being implimented in phase 3)...
    Ragequit Non-factor
    Kurokona: 40 Priest
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    so far there is only this stupid guild duel that everyone avoid it (cant blame players) so there should be territory wars/base wars or something (weekly if possible) like in most games where numbers are fair (for no complains) and ppl get prepared and so on. i think everyone read about implementing this in the future but so far who knows.
    also a pvp arena is missing. pvp should be improved, maybe permanent guild wars or guilds protect (alliances) or maybe just remove this orb thing
  • th30ry
    th30ry Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I was hoping for ranked battlegrounds (with CTF, cuz i love ctf, dont judge me). =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rqconvulsion
    edited January 2011
    th30ry wrote: »
    I was hoping for ranked battlegrounds (with CTF, cuz i love ctf, dont judge me). =/

I too love CTF any type of pvp really though.
  • brokensaintvx
    brokensaintvx Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Is there any sort of weekly PvP event planed for OB like TW in PWI? The pvp system is to strict and if there is no MASS PVP which involves guild vs guild then I shale play RIFT/DCU/Something with better pvp such as hellokitty online.

This is a serious subject.

How can this be a serious subject when you have hellokitty stated as a "Better" PvP?
  • rqconvulsion
    edited January 2011
    How can this be a serious subject when you have hellokitty stated as a "Better" PvP?

Because it is. This pvp is extremely carebear, the red penalty is just to steep for anyone. Guild wars can be dodged left and right and their is no weekly pvp event like in PWI. So unless crabclaw himself comes into this tread and insures me that their will be a WEEKLY pvp event or some sort of BG for OB RELEASE I don't plan to take my FW career any further.
  • berbes
    berbes Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    kenlee wrote: »
    so far there is only this stupid guild duel that everyone avoid it (cant blame players) so there should be territory wars/base wars or something (weekly if possible) like in most games where numbers are fair (for no complains) and ppl get prepared and so on. i think everyone read about implementing this in the future but so far who knows.
    also a pvp arena is missing. pvp should be improved, maybe permanent guild wars or guilds protect (alliances) or maybe just remove this orb thing

Really? That's like the main point to this game's pvp, getting a redhand that can 1-shot people. i mean wats bad abt the orbs or r u that **** to get them?
  • rqconvulsion
    edited January 2011
    Please don't bring up orbs in this thread. I careless about that more about the main topic.
  • stacyraven
    stacyraven Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Because it is. This pvp is extremely carebear, the red penalty is just to steep for anyone. Guild wars can be dodged left and right and their is no weekly pvp event like in PWI. So unless crabclaw himself comes into this tread and insures me that their will be a WEEKLY pvp event or some sort of BG for OB RELEASE I don't plan to take my FW career any further.

byebye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fully alive ♥ More than most ♥ Ready to smile and love life ~Flyleaf
  • pimpeh
    pimpeh Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Lmao, I truly hope they'll implement a weekly war over bases or something like in PWI else I can see a lot of ppl not playing this...
  • kenlee
    edited January 2011
    berbes wrote: »
    Really? That's like the main point to this game's pvp, getting a redhand that can 1-shot people. i mean wats bad abt the orbs or r u that **** to get them?
    coz the little pvp that it is, orbs makes it even less interesting when you get 1 shot. i like better using skills and the ability to get healed. anyway since i responded your question and its just my opinion, consider subject closed and we can return to main topic
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    No it doesn't. What's uninteresting is seeing targets get healed too fast, which will be even more of an issue with cash shop pots. Heals are already too powerful for a non-wrath context, imagine with CS pots. But enough off topic.
  • febbers
    febbers Posts: 1,565 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Go kitteh go! lol
    This is why you'll never be a moderator :3
    coz the little pvp that it is, orbs makes it even less interesting when you get 1 shot.
    redhands need to be "tweaked". One shotting warriors on a bard is not acceptable. It makes the entire point of PVP revolve around orbs, by which point there is only a reason to rolll any of these four classes: Marksmen, priest, warrior, protector. Priest to keep everyone up, marksmen for Rake of Fire wars, warriors to keep prots off of marksmen and priest, and prots to shut down prots and priest. Any other class is just not useful unless they have red hands. Sure, bard buffs are nice. Yeah, sleep is nice. Do they make or break the war? No. Marksmen with redhands? <--- break game.

No it doesn't. What's uninteresting is seeing targets get healed too fast, which will be even more of an issue with cash shop pots.

Er, no. You have to be spamming heals in PVP BECAUSE of redhands. If your target gets one shotted, that's the end of it. No healing involved. It has nothing to do with gear either, redhands are just really rediculous. There's no skill involved if you just go around smacking people until you build up orbs. I'MMA CHARGAN MAI LAZERZ <--- Not really pvp or "fun" in my opinion.

Ontopic:

They're implementing battlegrounds in China, but it's probably not ranked, similar to FW Guild Wars (which I wish were ranked).

I'm pretty sure Feb said there are base wars at some point (which are being implimented in phase 3)...

Yes.

My guild in china had about 40 people in it, and 2 spoke English. So I don't know if some of them were alts or whatever. But we didn't have a base let alone war, so I hardly know anything about it--just that they exist in China. I doubt we'll be seeing a base war any time soon in NA. They're probably not implemented for our version, seeing as guild bases in general for our version have been messed up a little (bidding times inacurate and 2 diamonds for initial bid instead of one). I'll ask a friend how they work and put up a thread about it if I find anything useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
    Oh, you thought that was bad? Sweetie, you have another thing coming.
  • pimpeh
    pimpeh Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Me and probably tons of other people quit PWI lately because of the rank 8/9 craze and pvp being a 1-2 shot fest which isn't what I'd call fun. That being said,I'm sure most of us don't want to experience that . I seriously hope red hands will be nerfed ...
  • veterandoggy
    veterandoggy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    one thing that i'll agree to is more orbs required to hit red hands,

as for the weekly pvp, this game's pvp system would all go to waste if there wasnt a weekly war, and there wouldn't even be a NEED for guild bases either.
  • mstgcs
    mstgcs Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I want a PvP instance or something, and I agree there isn't much pvp and the penalties are too rough for pking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • febbers
    edited January 2011
    I want a PvP instance or something, and I agree there isn't much pvp and the penalties are too rough for pking.
    Today before my fiance and I went to work, he got PKed twice by PI and they just sat in safe zone after they killed him (Gex and Lund). Not crying about it, but I'm just pointing out--there's no server disconnect for being AFK. Most people PK and then go AFK in safezone because of the penalty. I raked up 7 pk points after Wolf Event today. Just leave your comp on when you go to bed with FW running. Tons of people do it.

But then again, it doesn't seem like the drop rate on red names is too high anyway. I got PKed twice before I decided to safezone sit and didn't drop anything.

Am I missing something either than durability as to what makes the penatly so devistating?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
  • strever
    strever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I think it would be awesome to have battlegrounds like capture the flag, and deathmatch, or capture the headquarters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me!
    CBT Status: Accepted
    You can run, your little mouth all day. But the hand of god just smacked you back into yesterday. -Godsmack
  • rqconvulsion
    edited January 2011
    strever wrote: »
    I think it would be awesome to have battlegrounds like capture the flag, and deathmatch, or capture the headquarters.

+1 I really would love to see this.
  • strever
    strever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hmm maybe even an event where each team has a boss and whichever side can kill the enemies bosses first wins, well there is still open pk in the area so that you can guard your boss, or just go all offense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me!
    CBT Status: Accepted
    You can run, your little mouth all day. But the hand of god just smacked you back into yesterday. -Godsmack
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    strever wrote: »
    +2

Or even some tournament like in PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mstgcs
    mstgcs Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    febbers wrote: »
    Today before my fiance and I went to work, he got PKed twice by PI and they just sat in safe zone after they killed him (Gex and Lund). Not crying about it, but I'm just pointing out--there's no server disconnect for being AFK. Most people PK and then go AFK in safezone because of the penalty. I raked up 7 pk points after Wolf Event today. Just leave your comp on when you go to bed with FW running. Tons of people do it.

But then again, it doesn't seem like the drop rate on red names is too high anyway. I got PKed twice before I decided to safezone sit and didn't drop anything.

Am I missing something either than durability as to what makes the penatly so devistating?

So I see you use my guild as an example to try and flame bait me, and then in that last sentence you're trying to intimidate me, and make me look like a moron, everyone knows well if you end up pink name and you die you lose durability and your items (sometimes), and you'll be the target of other players, also goodluck staying in any dungeon parties outside your guild, I've seen it happen a lot players getting kicked from party because of pink and/or red name, there's more to it than you can imagine, besides the 2 obvious ones of your max durability on your armor going down and the chance of losing un-bound items in your inventory; and I guess it's obvious im in PIGuild so you use that as an example to personally attack me but trying to cover it up with the way you worded it but it's fine.

/ontopic
    Edit: ctf would be awesome, would make the game more enjoyable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • febbers
    edited January 2011
    So I see you use my guild as an example to try and flame bait me, and then in that last sentence you're trying to intimidate me,

No, actually, I'm just pointing out that they were safe zone sitting. I didn't call them cowards or bait in anyway. Take a chill pill bro.
    then in that last sentence you're trying to intimidate me
    You really need to see a psychologist if you think asking a questing is intidimidating someone.
    there's more to it than you can imagine,
    I can't imagine, hence why I asked the question--I obviously play a priest. I've only ever gone red named today, and am not understanding why people are complaining about the penalties being "severe".
    and I guess it's obvious im in PIGuild so you use that as an example to personally attack me but trying to cover it up with the way you worded it but it's fine.
    Where in any of my previous post did I come at you, bro, and personally attack you? Did I call you a donkey ****er and insult your intelligence, your mother or your small ****? No, I didn't. Seriously, you being butthurt needs to stop, or you just need to stop coming to the forums and expect everyone is taking a dump on your name.

Also; if you think I'm attacking you because you're PI, you obviously are just biased against RQ members because they are RQ. I have no problem with PI, and if you would actually chill the hell out and stop accusing people of mocking/trolling you because you got offended over nothing, you would know this. I play atleast 5 games of LoL with Ranker and Krogger on a daily basis. And talk to Lund occasionally. Obviously, I have no problem with PI. Stop assuming that I do. What I do have a problem with is your Kroggeristic trolling, aka circle trolling because youaremadbro.net. And about what, I'm not even sure. But it's really petty, and really annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
  • xephona
    xephona Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I love you feb.
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=76401
  • trevtimusprime
    trevtimusprime Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    mstgcs wrote: »
    goodluck staying in any dungeon parties outside your guild, I've seen it happen a lot players getting kicked from party because of pink and/or red name, there's more to it than you can imagine,

I call ********, I've been dark red and have never been kicked or even attempted Pk'd during or after an instance, GT, LH, Pokemon Instance, NC.

I've had Wicked, Immortals and XIII in my pt.

I think you're pretty poorly informed if you think that's commonplace.

Also, for the record, I had no idea you were in PI because frankly I have no idea who you are.
    CB-Phase 1-4
    I am Snorlax and I will block your path.

DestroyTokyo- Voted best WereBeast on PWI Lost City server <3
  • xephona
    xephona Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I call ********, I've been dark red and have never been kicked or even attempted Pk'd during or after an instance, GT, LH, Pokemon Instance, NC.

I think you're pretty poorly informed if you think that's commonplace.

Also, for the record, I had no idea you were in PI because frankly I have no idea who you are.

That is exactly why the fool is in PIG, no other guild would accept anyone so ignorant of how things work.
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=76401
  • kenlee
    edited January 2011

that much i can confirm, no red names were kicked in any party ive been
This discussion has been closed.