test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Phase 3 start date

Comments

• angelicmuseangelicmuse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    drakenfyre wrote: »
    today is the 4th, so 8 days from now is the 12th....the news about the invites going out might show up by Fri at the earilest, and the 1tth at the latest

Math is so hard sometimes...LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sharikhansharikhan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    good company...im waiting:)
  • albertxianalbertxian Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I hope everyone will be able to play CB phase 3 ... been on the waitlist since Nov.
  • straykittenstraykitten Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I hope they will let me play this time...Im sick of this already! so pleaseeee let me play
  • mavchobgmavchobg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    anyone annouced when the invites for Phase 3 will be send? for Phase 1 was 1 week before start, for Phase 2 - same day, for Phase 3?
  • renegademarshalrenegademarshal Posts: 49
    edited January 2011
    This is expected to last a month, correct?
  • bunnypiratesbunnypirates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Phase 1 invites - About a week before
    Phase 2 invites - A day before
    Phase 3 invites - A day after it has started. =D

No really, but I hope you people get in. Some have been waiting for so long >:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*CB1 player, herp-a-derp.*
    forsakenworldart.deviantart.comJOIN
    Retired; playing a game called life. O:
  • npramireznpramirez Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    duimpel wrote: »
    Look at it this way:
    you're still looking at the word "key" as the metal things you get 2 of when you buy a lock.
    the key immediately fits to the lock when you bought the lock

If you look at it in the new way it kinda makes sense
    New keys to buildings are digital aka the creditcard like keys with a strip.
    Those keys still have to be activated.

Say you applied for a job as a freelance security inspector with that big company..
    you got accepted and got a blank card together with your acceptance letter sent by mail.
    There's no starting date in the letter, so you call them and they tell you your card will be activated (and thereby give you access to the building) the moment the company needs your help.

When you got accepted, your personel number (username/pass) was typed in the computer and combined with the card ID they sent through mail.
    Once they need you you get another letter telling you your card has been activated and thereby gives you door access. (Closed beta access)
    Well, that's kinda what's happening now :D

This is not a physical key and lock, nor a company card. There is no advantage to giving out keys, which are unactivated, just to later send out an email prompting activation. I, and everyone else, understands how their systems works. We just don't understand WHY. Let's stay focused.
  • duimpelduimpel Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    actually you're forgetting that you now have forum access. The key has been activated for that process, so you already have a working ticket. Just not yet to the doors of the main building.

In terms of the "let's stay focused", you asked for the logic behind handing out keys only to have them denied until chosen. I only tried to explain it with an example that does happen IRL..
    Not saying it's the best way to keep potential workers satisfied, but it's a known businessmodel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Now breaks my wooden shoe
  • stacyravenstacyraven Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    @ duimpel - ahahah! Your sig cracks me up! "Forsaken Me". lol I'll bet a lot of people who haven't been chosen for beta feel that way. Keep your chin up, you'll get in soon, hun! ^_^ *crosses fingers*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fully alive ♥ More than most ♥ Ready to smile and love life ~Flyleaf
  • cobraul2cobraul2 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    After phase 4, there will be any wipes?
  • rqconvulsionrqconvulsion Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    cobraul2 wrote: »

Yes the wipe going into OB.
    Convulsion BEST PLAYER ON THE SERVER!
  • drakenfyredrakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited January 2011
    cobraul2 wrote: »

yes..
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
    edited January 2011
    stacyraven wrote: »
    @ duimpel - ahahah! Your sig cracks me up! "Forsaken Me". lol I'll bet a lot of people who haven't been chosen for beta feel that way. Keep your chin up, you'll get in soon, hun! ^_^ *crosses fingers*

thanks hope you're right and the early subscribers get a chance, hard to type with crossed fingers btw :P

(the M was a killer to make, used parts of about 6 different letters to create ^^)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    duimpel wrote: »
    thanks hope you're right and the early subscribers get a chance, hard to type with crossed fingers btw :P

(the M was a killer to make, used parts of about 6 different letters to create ^^)

You and me both, but since thus far we've been looked over, my hopes aren't that high for Phase 3. But who knows, maybe they'll surprise me though LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zzanakinzzanakin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hope I get in too :(
    I applied as soon I knew for phase 1 :p
  • ursumtlursumtl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    fk this game and their invite system.
    Since they start promising Beta invites I raised a 4 aps BM on PWI and got rank8 on 2 chars and almost enough for a 3rd.
    This has been a joke from beginning when entire guilds were invited, ppl didn't even knew they got in...
    Yeah, they will wipe accounts before open beta, then again before the official launch.
    WHO CARES?
    You can't wipe people's brains. Game knowledge acquired in Close Beta phase will give the "chosen ones" such an advantage to every other nub ingame it won't even be funny.
    I don't want to start a game with a handicap because its managed in the most stupid way possible. Signed up for Beta testing when the site had 4 lines and a picture on it ... still wasn't invited.
  • malagaredonforummalagaredonforum Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    ursumtl wrote: »
    fk this game and their invite system.
    Since they start promising Beta invites I raised a 4 aps BM on PWI and got rank8 on 2 chars and almost enough for a 3rd.
    This has been a joke from beginning when entire guilds were invited, ppl didn't even knew they got in...
    Yeah, they will wipe accounts before open beta, then again before the official launch.
    WHO CARES?
    You can't wipe people's brains. Game knowledge acquired in Close Beta phase will give the "chosen ones" such an advantage to every other nub ingame it won't even be funny.I don't want to start a game with a handicap because its managed in the most stupid way possible. Signed up for Beta testing when the site had 4 lines and a picture on it ... still wasn't invited.

That's a bit true. The people had so much time in game that they got to make the guides about classes already, the good players all know eachother and we could have a dominating guild even from the start. Some players even got that "I've seen/done everything" feeling. It doesn't bother me that I'll be getting late in the game, but I wanted to be one of the pioneers of my class, maybe even have a chance to make the first bard guide *cries*. Now I'll feel like a newbie among alot of oldtimers even from the first day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Returning to FW. The other game failed T.T
  • pensripensri Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I was just dissapointed because I am one of PWE oldest players. I came to this company when their first game PWI was still a week or two old baby. I signed up for FW fairly early and I didnt get in as well. Iv even done all their beta phases for their games except BOI didnt really wanna play that XD. So ya I am dissapointed as well I also like to do beta phases to help other players. Not to be a know it all but to warn them and help them out with quest or game knowledge...sigh oh well. It is what it is...right?
  • lagoonkeeperlagoonkeeper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    pensri wrote: »
    I was just dissapointed because I am one of PWE oldest players. I came to this company when their first game PWI was still a week or two old baby. I signed up for FW fairly early and I didnt get in as well. Iv even done all their beta phases for their games except BOI didnt really wanna play that XD. So ya I am dissapointed as well I also like to do beta phases to help other players. Not to be a know it all but to warn them and help them out with quest or game knowledge...sigh oh well. It is what it is...right?

LOL i know how you feel.... the veterans didnt get jack... not even a little pull
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Waiting to play! -_- playing Chinese server with no understanding of jack...
    edited January 2011
    pensri wrote: »

I hear ya as well.. Once PW Malaysia started their "crappy english" version i was there. Then went PW US, then PW europe, then for 3 months i went aion and head back to pw US on a new account as i couldnt remember my fav superhero.
    So yeah, been p(L)aying PWE a lot ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kandycatzkandycatz Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Really hope i get an invite. PWI is getting boring and i want a new game to play to keep me occupied until the genesis classes come out XD
    edited January 2011
    kandycatz wrote: »
    Really hope i get an invite. PWI is getting boring and i want a new game to play to keep me occupied until the genesis classes come out XD

Funny thing is, the Genesis expansion should be coming out around Feb/March as FW begins its 4th and final CBT Phase...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2011
    oh great, there's probably more with that thought, really really hate the random invite system.

Now we get (no offense @Kandycatz) some temp gamers toying around for a few weeks and leaving again while we early subscribers will probably be shadowing the forums for another 4.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkmarauderdarkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    kandycatz wrote: »

Dont get to excited theres really nothing new, theres a patch of lowby land with lots of plants and a bit of ice zone. The skills look nice, but still not as good as FW, Seekers visually are just a re-skinned assassin, mystics are a re-skinned psychic with a doofy run style =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • taboreantaborean Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    So I'm kind of new to MMO's... Open Beta =/= release right? So theres gonna be a wipe before Phase 4, after phase 4, and after Open beta before the actual release of the game? 3 character wipes?
  • xephonaxephona Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    taborean wrote: »
    So I'm kind of new to MMO's... Open Beta =/= release right? So theres gonna be a wipe before Phase 4, after phase 4, and after Open beta before the actual release of the game? 3 character wipes?

PWE has never had an actual release. Open beta is the "release" Only two char wipes.... Phase 4 is a waste of time for everyone.
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=76401
  • dulestojnicdulestojnic Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    how can i get beta key?
    edited January 2011
    xephona wrote: »
    Phase 4 is a waste of time for everyone.

I think phase4 will either be a stresstest for the server or to finalise mob vs questers ratio.
    And as everyone is a BETA TESTER, it's all part of the testing process you signed up for
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gerigeri Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    still checkin my email each day , lol

if it looks good , i'll be leaving AO f0r it : )

playing 10+ hours a day 7 days a week ( love work @ home jobs )

looking for guild to join then ( vent or TS preferred )
This discussion has been closed.