Typing

acryllis
acryllis Posts: 397 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Suggestion Box
Sometimes when you are typing in game, an event will happen. Say you get a party invite, or a quest box shows up, or you get attacked. After this, for whatever reason, your cursor will get removed from the text field and if you type fast like me (or even if you type at a normal pace), you will end up activating a whole load of random hotkeys for various windows like quests, events, parties etc, and will start jumping around aimlessly.

This is VERY irritating, and can cause serious issues while playing. I suppose this "feature" was put in so that if you get attacked while you are typing, you can start attacking them quickly to finish the fight. I find the exact opposite happens; You end up opening a whole lot of windows and it takes more time to finish closing them all than it would to finish typing.

TL;DR:
-Removing the cursor from the text field after an event occurs is irritating, and takes longer than simply finishing typing and hitting enter.

I suggest to remove this from the game. Not once has it helped me; like I said it probably messes things up more than it helps. I've asked some of my friends and they said it happens to them to, and it also annoys them.

Please take this suggestion into consideration.
Post edited by acryllis on
Aflac

Comments

• janedoe
    janedoe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Or do what I do in PWI.... wait until you know an "event" will not happen. Don't type unless you know it will be safe to do so.
  • acryllis
    edited December 2010
    Well that's cool if it works for you. I don't sit around town all the time just typin to people, i got things to do and those usually involve running instances or doing things in parties, and ultimately that involves "events" happening.

I know at least a handful of people who have the same issue, I'm sure there are more though.
    Just sayin that waitin around to tell a squad mate to do something after the fact ain't exactly an option.
    Aflac
  • pandoraremix
    pandoraremix Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys what's goinCHARACTERMAPINVENTORYQEUSTSEVENTSACHIEVEMENTSJOB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deal with it - umadbro.net
  • acidik
    acidik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I RAAAeEEEEEEEEeGg so much when this happens.

Oh yes. When seventy thousand windows pop open after typing a letter or two I mad. So mad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Akuubie ✌(o ‿ ~)
  • febbers
    febbers Posts: 1,565 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    What I hate is even when you close them all, if you character so much as autoattacks a mob it's just like, "LOLHOW TO TYPE AND PLAY AT THE SAME TIME?" and does the same thing.

This needs to be fixed more so than the priest targetting delay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
    Oh, you thought that was bad? Sweetie, you have another thing coming.
  • xephona
    xephona Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Idiots like Ranker abuse this bug to the limit. He will spam duel requests and make sure you can't type. I <3 piglets
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=76401
  • acryllis
    edited December 2010
    Well I personally don't think it's a bug, but some feature that sounded nice on the drawing board and didn't turn out so great in the big scheme of things.

If it is a bug... well then that's one hell of an annoying bug!
    Aflac
  • galvayra
    galvayra Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well ever played a mmo when you were chatting to someone then you got attacked by something or someone and in your surprise you tried to run or defend yourself and all you managed to do is die and write in the chatbox wwwwwwwwwww11123333222aaadadasswwww

this system cancels the chat every time combat starts, ends, people want to trade,duel you and a score of other things

but your looking at the keyboard not at the monitor so you dont see the "event" happening and you open up every window available then you got to manually close everything

as a priest its most annoying when at the LH instance ranged classes stand too close to to that AOE boss on the ship, im trying to tell them to get some god damn range i look up theres two dozen windows opened and by the time i get back people are dead -,-
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • pandoraremix
    pandoraremix Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    galvayra wrote: »
    but your looking at the keyboard not at the monitor

Who the hell both games and has to look at their keyboard to type...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deal with it - umadbro.net
  • thivus
    thivus Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Young childrens.

And possibly the elderly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    race/Class:Kindred Vampire | Stoneman protector
    Ingame name:MercuryLaumpe | Thivus
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited January 2011

My thoughts exactly lol.

Thivus, the elderly and young children play FW? D= i dont like the idea of making a 7 year old cry because i pked them lol.
    TBH ive never seen someone over 54 playing one of PWEs games, and the youngest ive seen was 13.

But more on topic, THIS CHAT BOX THING ANNOYS ME LIKE HELL i absolutely hate it, HATE IT! Quietly autopathing to somewhere, chatting then ZOMG BOX SPAM!!! Like i type damn fast, as most gamers do, in the second it takes to notice were no longer typing ive opened like every damn window possible QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • fayrk
    fayrk Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i think this bug can be fixed so easy,

type in game

C Open Character window

B Open Bag Window

but if change that like this

Ctrl+C Open Character window

Crtl+B Open Bag windows

when i play pwi, pwe put a system for change the hotkeys and i change a combination for "Ctrl+" for dont get more a lot of windowds when im talking and some invitation cancel my chat or some atack.

i think if put the persoanlization hotkeys system in Fw we can change that, hatefull poppup windowed.

or only change the "Ctrl +" for open windows for dont c a lot of windows when we r atacked.

if u r atacked and talking u have a lot of windows and when u close that windows u die xD, maybe u dont write sadwa1222451241343dawdsa, but u die closing windows xD.
  • acryllis
    edited January 2011
    Under the settings, there is a tab called "Hotkeys". I don't know if you can change them so you can make it a combination though (Like ctrl+c for example).

I still personally would just like the problem removed altogether.
    Aflac
  • surrealle
    surrealle Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    "But more on topic, THIS CHAT BOX THING ANNOYS ME LIKE HELL i absolutely hate it, HATE IT! Quietly autopathing to somewhere, chatting then ZOMG BOX SPAM!!! Like i type damn fast, as most gamers do, in the second it takes to notice were no longer typing ive opened like every damn window possible QQ"

Totally agree with this poster. This does not happen in any other mmo I've ever played and it is EXTREMELY annoying!! Can't even stress how very annoying this is and how it can really turn a player off from your game.

It needs to be fixed asap!
  • febbers
    febbers Posts: 1,565 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Thivus, the elderly and young children play FW? D

You haven't ran into Immortals or Wicked in game? Or XIII's picture colosseum? Or even 1starz? Of course children play this game. It's a game--you know, usually marketed to kids. Doesn't mean adults can't play them.

Last guild I was in between RQ and RQ, we had a 55+ year old and his wife who were baseball coaches. Isn't weird or anything, everyone has the right to game o-o.

also; I understand why they did this, but they need to implement an option to turn this feature off. Some people like it, but I guess I haven't ran into them xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
    Oh, you thought that was bad? Sweetie, you have another thing coming.
  • acryllis
    edited January 2011
    febbers wrote: »
    You haven't ran into Immortals or Wicked in game? Or XIII's picture colosseum? Or even 1starz? Of course children play this game. It's a game--you know, usually marketed to kids. Doesn't mean adults can't play them.

Last guild I was in between RQ and RQ, we had a 55+ year old and his wife who were baseball coaches. Isn't weird or anything, everyone has the right to game o-o.

also; I understand why they did this, but they need to implement an option to turn this feature off. Some people like it, but I guess I haven't ran into them xD

Not to mention its free which = Children Magnet

Also it looks like everyone hates it. Maybe I'll turn this into a petition thread (or make one) and get the devs attention :>
    Aflac
  • thivus
    thivus Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    febbers wrote: »
    Or even 1starz?

Oh god his posts hurt my eyes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    race/Class:Kindred Vampire | Stoneman protector
    Ingame name:MercuryLaumpe | Thivus
  • tyanara
    tyanara Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    +1 this is 2nd most annoying thing after slow targetting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]