Sidesteping instance mobs

rend411
rend411 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Is the practice of going around mobs in a instance truely leagal Or not?

If you start a instance party or join one with strangers and fail to communicate your needs and expectations before the killing starts can you expect to not have deaths or people leaving?

These questions are posted in memory of all th failed instance parties of late, Common communicate and work as a team people or expect to fail. Better yet don't go you waste others time. For those still wanting instances For fun's sake find out who's green to the area or slow in game. Its just poor game manners to leave others in the dust, scraching thier A$$ and not having clue how to help you there. Yes this is only beta, but beta also shows just what you need to learn to do better. Have fun, and see you in-game.
Post edited by rend411 on

Comments

• soldeus
    soldeus Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    requesting a translation
    Leader of Primal Instinct
    primal-gaming.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xreinhart
    xreinhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It is illegal in most countries and you will be charged with a felony.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It's not... illegal. Just an annoyance at most perhaps.

While it is good practice to make sure everyone in your party knows what they're supposed to do... that is just one of the downsides of getting into a random party via the party matching system. Helps to read the forums really... or ask what you're supposed to do when you get into the instance if it is your first time.

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • acryllis
    acryllis Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It's a good idea to run an instance with all people you know, or with at least one person you know, on your first time in the instance, especially if they've been in it before and know the drill better than you.

I don't think I'd ever random group an instance on my first 1 or 2 times, just so i can learn it properly and if i fail i'll only look like a nab to my friends : ]
    Aflac
  • zendashi
    zendashi Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Not sure what you mean about legal but it is a common practice yes. If done properly it saves time, mana pots, food those few things alone make it worth it for most people.

If you don't have the option of running with guildies or friends and you have to pug best to check 1 of the guides here on forums beforehand. If your tanking it's good to let people know your new at the instance maybe someone has experience.

Far as people leaving it happens to everyone that pugs at some point. The que doesn't always put together the best classes/ levels for success but depends on the specific instance and the group members experience. Worse is d/c's and group members being locked out.
  • sassiangel
    sassiangel Posts: 80
    edited December 2010
    deathbunny wrote: »
    It's not... illegal. Just an annoyance at most perhaps.

While it is good practice to make sure everyone in your party knows what they're supposed to do... that is just one of the downsides of getting into a random party via the party matching system. Helps to read the forums really... or ask what you're supposed to do when you get into the instance if it is your first time.

I tend to agree with you whole heartedly there death but what about when ya enter with the random party where most know what to do and dont give on time to ask questions??? not everyone is an expert 100wpm typist..i know im sure not thus why i quite often use vent lol i cant seem to convey what i wanna say fast enuff via typing and theres been many a time i go into an instance..not necessarily here as im not in FW yet but other PWE games and there goes the party b4 anyone has a chance to convey wth do i do or dont do cuz they just assume everyone in party knows...i'll be honest i go into a campaign and get left behind with a ton of questions number 1 ima be ticked #2 if im the tank ima leave the party sitting for leaving me behind..and trust me i do read the forums....thinks things like this is why i tend to ONLY run with ppl i know or are on vent with me which kinda tends to suck cuz i never get to meet new ppl that way :(
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, I suppose. And there is also that annoying thing where the chatbox closes up when you're typing so you end up opening a whole bunch of windows... orz

I understand that the party does tend to just go ahead but at the same time it doesn't take long to say "first time here" because a lot of the times the party will spend a min or so buffing up. If someone hasn't fully loaded they will wait too. I guess we're also hoping for players who will take the time to ask and explain things.

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • janedoe
    janedoe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It's not necessary to defeat every mob you see. Unless you need the mob for a quest or an instance objective (such as opening a door to another area), you don't -have- to kill it if given the option to go past it.
  • acidik
    acidik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    And there is also that annoying thing where the chatbox closes up when you're typing so you end up opening a whole bunch of windows... orz

I give up on typing anything at all once that happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Akuubie ✌(o ‿ ~)
  • sassiangel
    sassiangel Posts: 80
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, I suppose. And there is also that annoying thing where the chatbox closes up when you're typing so you end up opening a whole bunch of windows... orz

I understand that the party does tend to just go ahead but at the same time it doesn't take long to say "first time here" because a lot of the times the party will spend a min or so buffing up. If someone hasn't fully loaded they will wait too. I guess we're also hoping for players who will take the time to ask and explain things.

ugh dontcha just hate when your typing and it closes like that and tons of pop us occur....i still have that happen in PWI....soo annoying...i pray this game wont lag like some of the more recent ones ive played...stuck in the middle of a pile of mobs aoeing grinding and next thing i know FROZEN on the spot all i can do at that point is pot like hell and pray Im not dead once the lag spike is over :(...i keep telling ppl on realm chat in that game that the damn brits and germs need to stop watching all that **** its interferring with our lag lol
This discussion has been closed.