Have a question about the Marksman class? Ask it here!

2»

Comments

• shadowelmi
    shadowelmi Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    3 got I questions:
    - how good is that mana removing skill in PvP (the one that with proper talent can remove 80% mana in 1 blow), considering potions and etc. into account
    - how good is the defensive shield? (the one that cost 3 bullet)
    - does knockback work on normal player? pet? NPC? inanimate object?
    Current preference: markswoman (21%); vampiress (19%); witch (15%); femme fatale (13%); bellatrix (12%); priestess (10%); trobairitz (9%); big-ugly-rock (1%) (disclaimer: word taken from dictionary and not necessary accurate)
  • missmemay03
    missmemay03 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    soldeus wrote: »
    The site can be found in my signature, feel free to apply now.

i've already applied..hope it will accept :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soldeus
    soldeus Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    shadowelmi wrote: »
    3 got I questions:
    - how good is that mana removing skill in PvP (the one that with proper talent can remove 80% mana in 1 blow), considering potions and etc. into account
    - how good is the defensive shield? (the one that cost 3 bullet)
    - does knockback work on normal player? pet? NPC? inanimate object?

the mana removing shot when fully talented only removes 8.75%, it's an important skill for pvp.

The defensive shield we can't play with yet.

Knock backs work on mobs, some bosses, and pets but not on players.

If you have hunters mark on the target while in crack shot mode, your knockback has a 50% chance to stun for 2 seconds.

Also, @missmemay, your application was approves. If you are a part of cbt phase 1, whisper LunDeus in-game and we'll get you a guild invite.

We got the guild up and running yesterday afternoon :)
    Leader of Primal Instinct
    primal-gaming.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • missmemay03
    missmemay03 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2010

Also, @missmemay, your application was approves. If you are a part of cbt phase 1, whisper LunDeus in-game and we'll get you a guild invite.

We got the guild up and running yesterday afternoon :)

unfortunately, not accepted for phase 1 , still waitin to get in until phase 2. ill pm u or mail when i get it ,ty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadowelmi
    edited November 2010
    the mana removing shot when fully talented only removes 8.75%, it's an important skill for pvp.

The defensive shield we can't play with yet.

Knock backs work on mobs, some bosses, and pets but not on players.

If you have hunters mark on the target while in crack shot mode, your knockback has a 50% chance to stun for 2 seconds.

Thanks for the answers but there are a few things I did not get:
    -I saw the talent tree: there is soul dscharge, max will remove 8% MP +a fixed amount, and soul stripping, which improve the mana drain by 75%, so I thought it would be over 80% mana drain? Can I get a clarification on this?
    -If mana drain is still important, does that meant even the best mana potion does not heal a lot at high level? Asking because I heard there is a full mana heal potion.
    -If knockback does not work on player, does the stun that come from knockback still work?

Thanks for answering in advance I know you would help.
    Current preference: markswoman (21%); vampiress (19%); witch (15%); femme fatale (13%); bellatrix (12%); priestess (10%); trobairitz (9%); big-ugly-rock (1%) (disclaimer: word taken from dictionary and not necessary accurate)
  • soldeus
    soldeus Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for the answers but there are a few things I did not get:
    -I saw the talent tree: there is soul dscharge, max will remove 8% MP +a fixed amount, and soul stripping, which improve the mana drain by 75%, so I thought it would be over 80% mana drain? Can I get a clarification on this?
    -If mana drain is still important, does that meant even the best mana potion does not heal a lot at high level? Asking because I heard there is a full mana heal potion.
    -If knockback does not work on player, does the stun that come from knockback still work?

Thanks for answering in advance I know you would help.

it starts at 5% with advanced talents increasing the 5% by 25% every rank.

5% * 1.25 = 6.25%
    5% * 1.5 = 7.5%
    5% * 1.75 = 8.75%

The stun proc does work in pvp and it procs quite often :)

Even if there is a 'full mana pot' which CN OB doesn't even have, 9% of a players full mana pool every 10 seconds in pvp can be devastating.
    Leader of Primal Instinct
    primal-gaming.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadowelmi
    edited November 2010
    Even if there is a 'full mana pot' which CN OB doesn't even have, 9% of a players full mana pool every 10 seconds in pvp can be devastating.

I don't get why 9% MP every 10sec can be devastating. Does PvP last very long in FW? Or does skill consume a lot of MP.
    As for the full heal mana potion, I read it from this old thread that opened long before CB:
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=19691&page=5
    (febber is a player in CN FW, or so she claimed, but she have a livestream to prove it)
    So can you confirm it for me?
  • rqconvulsion
    rqconvulsion Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I don't get why 9% MP every 10sec can be devastating. Does PvP last very long in FW? Or does skill consume a lot of MP.
    As for the full heal mana potion, I read it from this old thread that opened long before CB:
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=19691&page=5
    (febber is a player in CN FW, or so she claimed, but she have a livestream to prove it)
    So can you confirm it for me?

It's not, I play CN and losing mana is not a big deal I will just pot it. I also have more then 300 pks under my belt.
    Convulsion BEST PLAYER ON THE SERVER!
  • maruuchi
    maruuchi Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Nvm. I found the answer myself.
  • twilightgodd
    twilightgodd Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    got a few question

1) how well does each talent tree do in raid partys
    (im looking to do a bombard/control mix)

2)what is the marksman role in party anyways beside dps and pulling

3)which pet would be better the turtle for tanking or ram for healing?

4)how well can we solo with the 3 talent tree?

also i hope i get accpet into clan if i get accepted in phase 3 and OB :)
  • melnii
    melnii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    1: they all do good, just Bombardier is focussed on AoE/Mass PvP and Soul and Sniper are focussing on Single target/Small scale PvP. Just go with your preference. The difference between Soul and Sniper is that Soul focusses on the soul bullet system and Sniper on single target damage.

2: Being cute? o.o Erm not much else really, we can lower evasion/accuracy by a lot, and we can slow/knockback/burn enemies. We're mainly there for the damage, that's what we're good at. :3

3: You can solo with all. Single target soloing is easy in this game, and I have a Bombardier Marksman myself and soloing (AoEing) with a (tank)pet is easy, and in my opinion way more fun then single target fighting. As long as you let your pet tank, you're fine. You can take a few mobs yourself too, if your pet happens to lose aggro, so it's not that without pet you're toasted in AoE. :P

Goodluck. nwn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is Onomatomania, my avatar thing is messed up.
  • agentx0123
    agentx0123 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    so my questions are

1. what is soul bullet system?what does it do?

2.what is crack shot mode?how to get into it? and what does it do?
  • melnii
    melnii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    agentx0123 wrote: »
    so my questions are

1. what is soul bullet system?what does it do?

2.what is crack shot mode?how to get into it? and what does it do?

The soul bullet system is a little space where you can collect soul bullets, 20 max. When you have soul bullets, you can enter Crack Shot mode (which is manually triggered by a skill/buff, how you want to call it). When you're in Crackshot Mode, the skills you use consume the bullets and get special effects. Most of the times it's 20% extra damage, a longer ensare, further knockback. You get soul bullets through using skills like Quick Reloading (which gives around 5-6 bullets in 6-ish seconds), and some skills have a x% chance to get you in Bullet Time mode, where every skill you cast earns you a bullet during x seconds.

I hope that cleared it up a little, it sounds confusing but it's really easy when you're in game, trying it out yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is Onomatomania, my avatar thing is messed up.
  • vidlucas
    vidlucas Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Sry if its been asked before, what jobs (cooking, alchemy, etc) do you recommend for Marksman and why?
  • rqconvulsion
    rqconvulsion Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Food/Alche with the picking flowers one. rest is w/e
    Convulsion BEST PLAYER ON THE SERVER!
  • febbers
    febbers Posts: 1,565 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    1: they all do good, just Bombardier is focussed on AoE/Mass PvP and Soul and Sniper are focussing on Single target/Small scale PvP. Just go with your preference. The difference between Soul and Sniper is that Soul focusses on the soul bullet system and Sniper on single target damage.

Bombardier is the only way. There is only one way of markmen. You need two buttons: Rake of Fire and your racial. The rest you can fill with pots.

No, seriously, not even trolllin'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Art by Apple. <3
    Oh, you thought that was bad? Sweetie, you have another thing coming.
  • tocki
    tocki Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    hey..

I was planning to (maybe..) go pur Bombardier (pve)

what type of pet would u suggest me to go with?
    also what role would marksmen most likely play in teams?

since they ain't good at pvp, are they at least good at running?? (any freez/stun/charge forward skills??)

:)
  • inevergiveup
    inevergiveup Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    u got to learn and realize that bombardier is not only good at pve. its really good at pvp with all of its berserker like skills, and overtime burning dmg increases.
  • eiole
    eiole Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    febbers wrote: »
    Bombardier is the only way. There is only one way of markmen. You need two buttons: Rake of Fire and your racial. The rest you can fill with pots.

No, seriously, not even trolllin'.

add potions, Penetrating shot, Cloud (seriously 300sec CD phew), Quick Reloading and Crack Shot Time and we are getting bit near the truth but still easy and effective, what else can you hope for
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • popotittaia
    popotittaia Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Can i be in your guild :) plz ? I'll just have to play the open beta ^ ^ because I havent been accepted in phase 3 :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Future Light Bard Is Comming In Forsaken World
  • speedboyz
    speedboyz Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    just started playing marskman today and got a few questions.

1) How do i get the 20 bullets u have in the first screenshoot? I have 0
    2) How do i get better armor? Like shard it with gems and refine it?