Free 2 play?

slampa
slampa Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
hey guys =)

when all the testing are done will this game realy be free to play?
or what do we need to play it??

i have been looking for answers in the forums but i havent found anything hehe

hope u guys will answer me soon =)

thx. ^^
Post edited by slampa on

Comments

• strever
    strever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yes, all of PWE's games are F2P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me!
    CBT Status: Accepted
    You can run, your little mouth all day. But the hand of god just smacked you back into yesterday. -Godsmack
  • ezmeralda
    ezmeralda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yes, dear, it will still be F2P with a heavy dependence on cash shop. Ha ha ,just kidding.
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Like they said its free to play with option of using $$$ for cash shop
    1000zen cost $10 which is 10gold
    2000zen $20 20 gold
    3000zen $30 30 gold
    5000zen $50 53gold you get 300 extra zen when you purchase the 50 dollar option
  • janedoe
    janedoe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Most likely, FW will end up the same as PWI.... free to play, pay to win.
  • dare2try2killme
    dare2try2killme Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    janedoe wrote: »
    Most likely, FW will end up the same as PWI.... free to play, pay to win.

I don't see why PWI is pay to win. Maybe pay to win as easily as WoW lolz. I've won a lot of PVP in PWI without paying a dime.... really it's only 5% of the game's population that you can't beat without paying. You just have to work harder. And if you have a good guild a lot of times you'll get nice gifts as long as you are a loyal and productive guildy. Either that or I just have found the nicest guilds in PWI =D Either way, I enjoy the game just as much, or very close to as much - as anyone else. But what I don't enjoy is the boring 1-2-3 spamming. I just wish there was some talent needed in the actual battles. Unfortunately, button pushing is all that is needed in almost all MMO's now. I expect FW to be no different. The ones that introduce a more challenging method such as needing to hit vulnerable parts of the body, needing to move and dodge - usually have drawbacks that kills the rest of the game. I guess easy is the trend of today.
  • katozuma
    edited December 2010
    I don't see why PWI is pay to win. Maybe pay to win as easily as WoW lolz. I've won a lot of PVP in PWI without paying a dime.... really it's only 5% of the game's population that you can't beat without paying. You just have to work harder. And if you have a good guild a lot of times you'll get nice gifts as long as you are a loyal and productive guildy. Either that or I just have found the nicest guilds in PWI =D Either way, I enjoy the game just as much, or very close to as much - as anyone else. But what I don't enjoy is the boring 1-2-3 spamming. I just wish there was some talent needed in the actual battles. Unfortunately, button pushing is all that is needed in almost all MMO's now. I expect FW to be no different. The ones that introduce a more challenging method such as needing to hit vulnerable parts of the body, needing to move and dodge - usually have drawbacks that kills the rest of the game. I guess easy is the trend of today.

Sadly imho pwe **** the game up with this easy rep point update, its like the straw that broke the camel's back. If i was to revive my 95 archer it would cost $$$ just trying to get back on track and trying to keep up with the competition. I bet if you was ask 2008 pwi player what they of the overall, they probably wouldn't have some good words to say. Sadly FW is bound to become like PWI, I don't know why PWE does it(most likely $$$, but you can't really blame them, companies don't live off of bread & water).

Even though in a 22minute long interview, their marketing director said that the fw cs wouldn't have over power weapons. Sadly OP weapons in a cash shop isn't the only thing that can break a game or its overall economy. Packs are like cigarettes they slowly kills the game.

Truthfully, I'm not trying to insult PWE in any way but after going back to pwi one weeks ago and seeing what i saw, i'm quite worry that FW will follow the same path.
  • tharkan
    tharkan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    strever wrote: »
    Yes, all of PWE's games are F2P.

With the exception of Torchlight, but thats a single player, not an MMO.

While they are F2P, advantages are given to players who pay money, usually in the form of leveling quicker.
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    tharkan wrote: »
    While they are F2P, advantages are given to players who pay money, usually in the form of leveling quicker.
    lol not really. The biggest issues with buying power and "pay to win" is because of GEAR, and especially UPGRADING gear via cash shop.

Grinding/farming for gear is 100 times worse than levelling.
  • closeshot
    closeshot Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    octarone wrote: »
    lol not really. The biggest issues with buying power and "pay to win" is because of GEAR, and especially UPGRADING gear via cash shop.

Grinding/farming for gear is 100 times worse than levelling.

but sometimes well worth it in the end when u get that full set you want
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • katozuma
    edited December 2010
    closeshot wrote: »
    but sometimes well worth it in the end when u get that full set you want

Yea, thats if you didn't spend your bill money or rent money trying to get there. There isn't really anything wrong with "pay to win" in f2p games because what you are really doing killing time you would spend grinding/farming for the stuff. Plus its a great way for companies like PWE to make some money. Would rather have in game ads that pop up and change ever 15-20mins or a cash shop that seem somewhat unfair. I'm going the cash shop, I hate ads, ABP and admuncher.
  • angelicmuse
    angelicmuse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Most likely FW will become a Pay2Win game...within a year or so of release - no doubt about that. Until then though, I believe it will be a purely F2P game - just how PWI was in the beginning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kodachikuno
    kodachikuno Posts: 1,863 Arc User1
    edited December 2010
    if yall think PWI is a pay 2 win game ya need to play more mmos. PWI is one of the least p2win out there
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    if yall think PWI is a pay 2 win game ya need to play more mmos. PWI is one of the least p2win out there

LOL. For 72$ you could buy your endgame set from the cashop, it would take 6months of farming to freely get the reputation and mats to get that gear. . . somebody could come along pay money and get to lvl 100 within a month, something which would take a non paying player like a year to achieve then pay 72$ get their endgame set and then pay a bit more to refine it beyond what a non-paying player could ever achieve and then shard it with the max lvl shards, which again would take a non-cashopping player forever to earn up for. How is that not pay to win? GL beating rank 8 or 9 players in your HH gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • kodachikuno
    kodachikuno Posts: 1,863 Arc User1
    edited December 2010
    I didnt say it was completely not p2win I just said its one of the least p2win. There are others out there where $$ is nearly an insta win or just places you in a tier free players can never get to at all
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
  • katozuma
    edited December 2010
    Most likely FW will become a Pay2Win game...within a year or so of release - no doubt about that. Until then though, I believe it will be a purely F2P game - just how PWI was in the beginning.

I glad i'm not the only one who believe this. What took pwi two years to do(almost completely ruin the game, go the pay2win route and packs infestation) will only take fw to do (packs will be out less than 3-6months after the game is fully release, guild wars will be eventually turn upside down, if you want to beat the competition $$$ is required). Its only a matter of time before packs infect the other pwe games if they haven't already.

I know someone will probably say "You guys/girls (i'm a guy btw) are judging the game too harsh way before its even fully release." I will say you remember pwi back 2008 no packs,no reduce dq items, low gold cost, no tw ****, no easy grass way to get endgame gear. If PWE is willing to turn one game upside down (maybe for profit i dunno so i won't be quick to declare it) don't you think they will be quick to do it to the others?

I'm all for change......when its good change that can do more help than harm.

I don't know seem like more and more p2p is getting more balance than f2p. Maybe I'm just imagining things. Don't get me wrong I do appreciate PWE f2p games I just don't like their decisions when it comes to things that could overall hurt their games.

My last say in this topic, peace, surprise mods haven't close this yet....they probably will. Back to rift its really good : )
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Sorry but PWI was very pay to win at the beginning. Dragon Orbs and Charms, enough said. Tons of $$$$ for +12. Simply insane. That was there from the very beginning.
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    octarone wrote: »
    Sorry but PWI was very pay to win at the beginning. Dragon Orbs and Charms, enough said. Tons of $$$$ for +12. Simply insane. That was there from the very beginning.

Uhm no it wasnt o.o I was there since day 1, and at the start gold was under 100k, 100k you could get easily grinding, even when gold eventually rose up to 200k over a period of like a year it was still easy to keep up with everyone who could cashop.

It was at the one year anniversary that it all changed-the introduction of the anniversary pack, with endgame type gear(viewpoint of the time gearwise) at that point gold rised to 400-500k, and over the period of the next year it maintained such a price until recently with the rank 8 set being available for 72 gold, where gold rose to 1m a piece. 400k-1m per gold was where it became impossible to keep up with cashoppers through grinding or HH runs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • angelicmuse
    angelicmuse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    katozuma wrote: »
    I glad i'm not the only one who believe this. What took pwi two years to do(almost completely ruin the game, go the pay2win route and packs infestation) will only take fw to do (packs will be out less than 3-6months after the game is fully release, guild wars will be eventually turn upside down, if you want to beat the competition $$$ is required). Its only a matter of time before packs infect the other pwe games if they haven't already.

I know someone will probably say "You guys/girls (i'm a guy btw) are judging the game too harsh way before its even fully release." I will say you remember pwi back 2008 no packs,no reduce dq items, low gold cost, no tw ****, no easy grass way to get endgame gear. If PWE is willing to turn one game upside down (maybe for profit i dunno so i won't be quick to declare it) don't you think they will be quick to do it to the others?

Exactly, history is a window to the future, that's why I believe FW will go the way of PWI =/
    Uhm no it wasnt o.o I was there since day 1, and at the start gold was under 100k, 100k you could get easily grinding, even when gold eventually rose up to 200k over a period of like a year it was still easy to keep up with everyone who could cashop.

It was at the one year anniversary that it all changed-the introduction of the anniversary pack, with endgame type gear(viewpoint of the time gearwise) at that point gold rised to 400-500k, and over the period of the next year it maintained such a price until recently with the rank 8 set being available for 72 gold, where gold rose to 1m a piece. 400k-1m per gold was where it became impossible to keep up with cashoppers through grinding or HH runs.

Thank you for agreeing with me! Man, I remember those days...they were the best. Definitely the turning point was the first year anniversary - it all went down hill from there. Don't get me started on the $72 one can spend now to get their Rank 8 >=(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monaka
    monaka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I have a question o.o

Because once again topics like these kinda confuse me.

If those of you who are posting, are foreseeing how FW is going to turn out. (With the history of PWE's CS that you guys have been around. may it be their other games like PWI ect..)

Why are you all here then? Even after whatever has happened in their other said games, have turned you off because your hard work went down the drain with easy to obtain things with money.

Why are you staying to play something you know well down the line it will happen?

Or is it the "I'll play it till first thing ruins CS then i'll find something else to play." (Even though I could be doing that now and not waste my time and come back to the forums bickering about it.)

and..

P2P is slowly going F2P, slowly F2P will become mainstream. Someone in another thread pointed that out. Infact one of the really oldest titles out there (A bit older then ***) is going F2P completely this January for example.

Like I understand the posters intent...but the rest of you .-.? I'm just curious.
    [SIGPIC]http://blacklotuspro.com/fw/wcoleader.png[/SIGPIC]
    vvicked.mmoguildsites.com
    Visit: forsakenworldhq.com
    Writer for Forsaken World HQ (go there if you need guides :) )
    Main: Ashai
This discussion has been closed.