Mass pvp

devilbllacks
devilbllacks Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Assassin Discussion
Since this game is based on gvg I just how this class does in mass pvp. Is it even worth pickin this class for anything besides 1v1?
Post edited by devilbllacks on

Comments

• fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    So far imo sins are the worst class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormhammy
    stormhammy Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    fireblood wrote: »

Try being a priest when fighting a competent guild.
    Q_Q
    This happens all the time:
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShootTheMedicFirst
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows./Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope.
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
  • friedfrenzy5
    friedfrenzy5 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Since this game is based on gvg I just how this class does in mass pvp. Is it even worth pickin this class for anything besides 1v1?

It's not that bad... You get to stay invisible while collecting wrath orbs and by the time you come out of hide you've got red-hand and you're 1-2 shotting players.

Assassins aren't tanks. You won't see an Assassin running in to the middle of a group and being the first one to attack the opposition. Stay invisible and walk around the battle to the back where you can start taking out the lesser defensive players who are staying near the back.

Those who haven't played the class or don't know how to PvP are the ones saying it's bad.
  • quo13
    quo13 Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Good thing about this game is that they don't make Sin's overpowering like "other" games. As you can see from the sin talent tree, there strictly PVP/PK, and not that useful in PVE. They don't get an Aoe skill but they get great crit rate/evasion passives. Once the game comes out with higher caps/ better gear, I'm sure that the Sin's true potential will be seen. But until then, lets not make false judgement.
    [SIGPIC]There is no good or evil, only power and those too weak to seek it. [/SIGPIC]
    Proud Member of Black Card Nation
    IGNs: Kikazu ~ Yasashi
    Classes: Assassin ~ Priest
    Lvl: Doesn't matter atm
  • kakuzux
    kakuzux Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    hmm ppl bashing on sin maybe you've played sin chars where there OP so killing is easy for ya. now that have you a challenge upon ya,the class sucks. . . its called tatics and knowing how to use a char to its advantage. so the sin class doesnt suck if you use is properly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You know the first rule of combat? Shoot them before they shoot you.

Name~Kakuzu
    Human Assassin
    Guild~BlackCard
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    quo13 wrote: »
    But until then
    So far

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quo13
    quo13 Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Those who haven't played the class or don't know how to PvP are the ones saying it's bad.

I should have quoted this huh?
    [SIGPIC]There is no good or evil, only power and those too weak to seek it. [/SIGPIC]
    Proud Member of Black Card Nation
    IGNs: Kikazu ~ Yasashi
    Classes: Assassin ~ Priest
    Lvl: Doesn't matter atm
  • trevtimusprime
    trevtimusprime Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It's not that bad... You get to stay invisible while collecting wrath orbs and by the time you come out of hide you've got red-hand and you're 1-2 shotting players.

Assassins aren't tanks. You won't see an Assassin running in to the middle of a group and being the first one to attack the opposition. Stay invisible and walk around the battle to the back where you can start taking out the lesser defensive players who are staying near the back.

All of that doesn't matter because you're essentially leaving your team one man down the entire fight while you're taking god knows how long to gather orbs (which you won't be the only one doing)

Not to mention you can be hit by the aoes and pets while still being stealthed and on top of that by the time you actually gather enough orbs for RH, your party might very well be wiped because they were that one man down.

Sin pvp is too situational for me, it's really mean for ganking and 1v1, even in small scale pvp I find sins to be lacking and esp in mass.

They're dnecent DD's though although their damage:survivability ratio isn't nearly as impressive as it should be. But that might be patched and fixed.

Sins should deal higher damage for as squishy as they are.
    CB-Phase 1-4
    I am Snorlax and I will block your path.

DestroyTokyo- Voted best WereBeast on PWI Lost City server <3
  • ipeonrocks1
    ipeonrocks1 Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    First off sins are mainly for 1v1 pvp but even then I hear we are really weak. Eventually we will get some more power in some future update but until then sins will just have to deal with being terrible.

*btw I read they will get boosted in the Chinese FW website so I'm not just making assumptions*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Gob
    Race: Human
    Class: Warrior
  • stormhammy
    stormhammy Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Just gear up till 5 APS and om nom nom your enemies.
    chuckle.gif
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows./Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope.
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
  • hiddenheros
    hiddenheros Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    stormhammy wrote: »
    Just gear up till 5 APS and om nom nom your enemies.
    chuckle.gif
    Wrong game. In this game there is no way yet or planed to allow increases in attack rate.

One major thing I dislike about assassins is the facts that we have no party buffs, aoes, and the pet system that just screws us over(Other peoples pets attack us while in stealth and our OWN pets give away our position while in stealth). However this can all be fixed in the future hopefully and likely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jokereo
    jokereo Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    to all the people who think sins are bad for mass pvp you couldnt be more wrong.as of this point in guild wars and mass pk i am the most influential person regarding kills. they are a neccessity to get rid of the support classes before your team starts attcking the target.

IGN:Bladez
  • somefallenone
    somefallenone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The level cap in this game is like..40 now? Assassin classes are always weak and pretty squishy at low to mid levels; their damage and evasion usually aren't that high at that point. It's an end-game class. In most MMO's the assassin, in the hands of someone who knows how to build their character, will rain crits down on their stun-locked enemies and will be hell to even hit, let alone kill. Give it time. Imo if you wanna go pvp at this point go get a warrior or a class with more survivability at lower levels. Save the sins for OB. :P
  • tolichan
    tolichan Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If you are getting the most kills and you are a sin, then the mm and mages in your guild aren't doing something right.
    Fact of the matter is they can never live up to mm and mages pure aoe damage ability.
  • woefieke
    woefieke Posts: 22
    edited January 2011
    Sins are the ones that take out the healers. You dont know how annoying it is as a bard to be in group pvp and POOF a sin appears next to you kicking youre ****.
    Go stealth, position yourself good and then the orhers rush the enemy from the sz, the enemy focusses on the prot war and then you as a sin can take advantage to come out of stealth and kill those ranged classes and healers.
  • zhealavire
    zhealavire Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    quo13 wrote: »
    Good thing about this game is that they don't make Sin's overpowering like "other" games. As you can see from the sin talent tree, there strictly PVP/PK, and not that useful in PVE. They don't get an Aoe skill but they get great crit rate/evasion passives. Once the game comes out with higher caps/ better gear, I'm sure that the Sin's true potential will be seen. But until then, lets not make false judgement.

yeah! thank god it's not turns out like lupin in JD!
  • han0894
    han0894 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011

i agree.
  • riyuko
    riyuko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The assassin's role in mass PvP is to sneak up on a squishy (or sometimes, the redhand wielding aoe-ist who's causing too much chaos), disable them, roll them, and move to the next target. What was that tactic called again? Oh right, assassinations. True, this isn't always easy when aoes are flying across the battlefield, but a high level assassin has all the tools to get the job done; provided they actually know how to play. You don't think assassins play a role in mass PvP? Try being your guild's priest. See how much dagger gets stuffed in your face in your next war. Even if you manage to out-heal their CC and DPS, you'll be too busy keeping yourself standing to be much help to anyone else.

And now with more and more assassin players reaching Lv50, wait until the Dark Nightmare finisher stuffs a nice long silence on your behind. See who feels gimped then.

And if you think assassins fail at 1v1, just uninstall and save me the trouble; you obviously aren't any good at playing one.

Go back to PWI if you want your assassin to be lolbroken. Stay on FW if you actually want some level of challenge. I've noticed a lot of people don't seem to actually know how their classes skill combos and talents sync up. Which is probably why so many people around here want to swear up and down that everything other than warrior is gimp for reason X.
  • ernm20
    ernm20 Posts: 0
    edited March 2011
    I read all the comments and found out they're having a problem using their assassins. I'm pretty sure people choose assassins because they're specialize in PK but when you keep on complaining with lack of abilities of assassins you just need to LOVE your assassin, and you'll find the secret in no time. I found mine already. I put my combo in any situation, I made all classes level 30 in CBT to see what could it be if I encounter this class, mass pvp, 1on1 and more. I just found out assassins really suit me well, I dont have any complains with assassins except with their walk during stealth mode xD

Believe me, I'm not just spamming, I studied assassin in 2days.