Cash shop items you want to see and do not want to see.

ouriel125
ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Well, I would like there to be some cool fashion items, cool mounts or some vehicles so you can boast yourself. :)

Items that I don't want to see are those items who increase your damage drastically, runes that enhance your gear and improve stats by 10/20/30%+, healing potions that can be used while dueling and items that can be obtainable in-game and those items to be in the cash shop, so some players who don't want to bother farming just to buy them from the cash shop.

Post what kind of items you want to see or don't want to see in the cash shop. :)
Post edited by ouriel125 on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• th30ry
    th30ry Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'll be happy with every single item aslong as
    every single item has no stats on it.
    I rather have an imbalance economy then imbalanced PVP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nuckingfubs
    nuckingfubs Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    dats what im sayin too. becaue rich brats buy everything overpowered in the shop with there parents money and they like imortal then. so stupid and annoying.
  • koruba
    koruba Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Gear enhancements that make the gear/player overpowered.
    It makes the game pointless to play unless you're a cash shop user since it affects most things in the game (grinding, instances, pvp, etc.)
    Other than that I don't really care too much as long as its balanced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xsurticx
    xsurticx Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Things i do want:
    Fashions
    statless weapon skins you can put your weapon into
    TALENT COMPASSES (PLEASE ADD THEM OR AT LEAST MAKE THEM OBTAINABLE EASIER IN CB SO WE CAN TEST TALENTS BETTER)
    Mount skins
    Exp scrolls (that work with quest exp)

Things i don't want
    Reinforcment stuff (dim stars, star crystals or the higher forms) - if they're tradable it's fine.
    imbalanced pots (as in stuff that heals like 2+k at once with a low cd and a high amount in the pot)
    Pets that you can't obtain ingame with moderate effort (as in, no purple pets with lv 5 att/def/hp mods)
    Soul/tradable coin (the exchange thing is fine, but no 10$ for 1 diamond of tradable coin or anything like that)
    lv 3 or better gems
    weapons/armor unless they're lowbie stuff that is = to maybe a noninforced 30 set you can use at lv 1.
    stat boosting pots (temp OR perm)
    Ragequit Non-factor
    Kurokona: 40 Priest
  • pensri
    pensri Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I agree with you all on the gear but I personally wish they would keep those STUPID ...sigh -says the forbidden word- Lotteries....out of the dern game. Those stupid things keep killing their games economy. Iv only ever spent up to 10 dollars on one but I have heard of people spending up to like 100 dollars on those things and not winning a single GOOD prize. That and DO NOT BIND THE MOUNTS! Geez PWE you make more money on NOT binding them. That way people can sell the old ones they don't want in game and buy the new ones off the shop without feeling like it was a waste of cash. It will make you and your players happy.
  • bryanfury83
    bryanfury83 Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    xsurticx wrote: »
    Things i do want:
    Fashions
    statless weapon skins you can put your weapon into
    TALENT COMPASSES (PLEASE ADD THEM OR AT LEAST MAKE THEM OBTAINABLE EASIER IN CB SO WE CAN TEST TALENTS BETTER)
    Mount skins
    Exp scrolls (that work with quest exp)

Things i don't want
    Reinforcment stuff (dim stars, star crystals or the higher forms) - if they're tradable it's fine.
    imbalanced pots (as in stuff that heals like 2+k at once with a low cd and a high amount in the pot)
    Pets that you can't obtain ingame with moderate effort (as in, no purple pets with lv 5 att/def/hp mods)
    Soul/tradable coin (the exchange thing is fine, but no 10$ for 1 diamond of tradable coin or anything like that)
    lv 3 or better gems
    weapons/armor unless they're lowbie stuff that is = to maybe a noninforced 30 set you can use at lv 1.
    stat boosting pots (temp OR perm)
    +1

Specially on RED part. Instead of mounts, i wish to use skin replacment on PETS, and use the skin i found into the chinese version that make you replace a pet of your choise with a Succubus (the skin i would take)
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well star crystals are already in the cashop in china, and i have some high doubts on them removing them here.

Reusable HP/MP pots which have a limit of like 100,000 for example will definitely be available in the english version.

In CN currently they have two male fashion sets and two female fashion sets, which you can buy either for a month, or permanently.

Mounts, you can get a larger more fancy ram mount for lvl 30, and for lvl 50 you can buy the second grade mounts for each race. Here you can see some of the mounts if you cant get ingame at all, generally the ones with more armor are the lvl 50 ones, which the others you can acquire with reputation i think. http://forum.mmosite.com/topics/565/201011/08/37,1.html Please note though, the person who took those screenshots had a computer which didnt show some of FW's glow effects, the human horse has something like electricity around it, the kindreds dead horse thing has a red mist at its feet, and the elves unicorn has a blue bit around its feet, and leaves gold footprints where it runs (footprints fade after a few secs). I havent paid attention to the other mounts soz.

You can buy strong pets in the cashop also, currently theres 8 different cashop ones i think.
    They dont seem to be extremely OP atm, you can get pets ingame which have similar atk and such. I think its more endgame those extra few atk/lvl will make a slight difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • xsurticx
    xsurticx Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well star crystals are already in the cashop in china, and i have some high doubts on them removing them here.

Reusable HP/MP pots which have a limit of like 100,000 for example will definitely be available in the english version.
    The big thing: Are they tradable?
    Ragequit Non-factor
    Kurokona: 40 Priest
  • strever
    strever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The HP/MP pots are tradeable in PWI so I don't see why they wouldn't be here. Idk about the star crystal never heard of them before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me!
    CBT Status: Accepted
    You can run, your little mouth all day. But the hand of god just smacked you back into yesterday. -Godsmack
  • omgiamsexy
    omgiamsexy Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I want to see exp scrolls, mp/hp pots, aesthetic things like cash clothes and w/e else they would like haha.

THings I don't wanna see any type of lottery packs like their other games, anyways of helping you get OP armour like in pwi...thats unacceptable...OP pets and things that clearly make refining far better then doing it without their cash shop stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Let the Flames of Rebirth guide you...
    Guild: Phoenix
    Main: Bard
    [Check The "Phoenix" FW Forums Thread]
  • chakairi
    chakairi Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Want to see.

Auto Loot pet.

Do not want to see.

Items with time expiry, e.g. skins mounts
    Items that allow access to special content zones as this really makes it imbalance for non cash players (special villages that sell special stuff are fine, this is more for content maps.)
  • hot4
    hot4 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Packs, Packs, and More Packs.
  • darkmarauder
    darkmarauder Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The big thing: Are they tradable?

Well my games switched back from english to chinese now, with their latest patch. But im pretty sure they were, Generally everything in the cashop is tradeable in PWE's games because items being tradeable=cashoppers buying them for ingame coin=more profit for them.

Edit: On the other hand, in case your not used to PWEs games, usualy in their auction house people who do charge can sell the cashop currency in the AH, so non cashoppers can buy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CN Talent Calculator, with lvl 70-80 Talents: shenmo.178.com/tools/tfmnq/
  • keripofw
    keripofw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    How is the exchange thing fine? It's selling power to the cash shoppers since we all know money = power, and in-game coin = money.
  • thivus
    thivus Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    octarone wrote: »
    How is the exchange thing fine? It's selling power to the cash shoppers since we all know money = power, and in-game coin = money.

you must be new to f2p mmos
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    race/Class:Kindred Vampire | Stoneman protector
    Ingame name:MercuryLaumpe | Thivus
  • octarone
    octarone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Actually I'm just surprised PWE say that one of the features they have is the cash shop currency trading mechanism that is as common in f2p these days as AHs (oh wait...)

ijs the only thing that matters about the CS is the amount of demand it's gonna generate.
  • hlpain
    hlpain Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I sure don't wana see Lottos / refinery items and other boosts like that (like in Jade Dynasty are) cuz this game will fall badly (like JD is starting too)

Fashions are ok, and any kind of other items that don't influence the game at all, just improves the aspect of the player / pets or w/e.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arilzia
    arilzia Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    keripofw wrote: »

Awww come on Moon, packs make the game more fun, right DT?
    Because I could not stop for Death-he kindly stopped for
    me-the carriage held but just Ourselves-and Immortality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig credit: Discordia
  • galvayra
    galvayra Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    hlpain wrote: »
    items that don't influence the game at all, just improves the aspect of the player / pets or w/e.

There are people that spend tens of thousend of dollars on items that influence their gameplay, they want to pay to be better then others.

What self respecting company would turn away profit?

You guys are living in some sort of dream fantasy where people invest time and resources for the benefit of others out of the goodness of their heart.

The fact is, gaming is an industry and each game is a business and it will be run as such, just because one game every once in a while has a business model that does not offer power through its cash shop does not imply that every other game will too.

That is like expecting to buy the exact same cakes in every bakery you ever go to.

To me its good enough that they offer the opportunity to buy the shop items from other players or turn your in-game money to cash shop money (from what i heard) this is something that you cant find everywhere.

In the end you can have as much power as the guy who spent 10k $, sure it will take longer but you will have spent nothing.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • hlpain
    edited December 2010
    galvayra wrote: »
    There are people that spend tens of thousend of dollars on items that influence their gameplay, they want to pay to be better then others.

What self respecting company would turn away profit?

You guys are living in some sort of dream fantasy where people invest time and resources for the benefit of others out of the goodness of their heart.

The fact is, gaming is an industry and each game is a business and it will be run as such, just because one game every once in a while has a business model that does not offer power through its cash shop does not imply that every other game will too.

That is like expecting to buy the exact same cakes in every bakery you ever go to.

To me its good enough that they offer the opportunity to buy the shop items from other players or turn your in-game money to cash shop money (from what i heard) this is something that you cant find everywhere.

In the end you can have as much power as the guy who spent 10k $, sure it will take longer but you will have spent nothing.

Don't try to be the smart guy around here, i've been with PWI for 3 years already .. i know how greedy they can be sometimes, trust me.

I only hope they do at least 1 out of 4 online games, w/o cash shop that gives benefits like that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • strever
    strever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I don't want to see anything that can give other players a PvP advantage, maybe a PvE advantage would be fine but only like special items to kill a certaint mob and you get an most extrordinary amount of exp, I think they were called oracles in PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me!
    CBT Status: Accepted
    You can run, your little mouth all day. But the hand of god just smacked you back into yesterday. -Godsmack
  • janedoe
    janedoe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Personally, I don't want to see a cash shop.... period. Make all items that would have been in it available for purchase in-game for gold/coins/whatever currency this game uses.
  • arilzia
    arilzia Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    hlpain wrote: »
    Don't try to be the smart guy around here, i've been with PWI for 3 years already .. i know how greedy they can be sometimes, trust me.

I only hope they do at least 1 out of 4 online games, w/o cash shop that gives benefits like that

Not tring to be a douche or anything of the sort, im asking out of curiosity and awe. Where does your faith in them come from? The only analogy I can think of to link them to is: if you were dating a guy or girl (i dont know your orientation or sex so im including both to be safe.) And they cheated on you. You forgave them and took them back.. And then they did it again, and you forgave them and took them back, and again for the third time. Why would the fourth be different? Again I apologize if I sound like an ****, for once theres no malice or anything in this posting. Im just in awe and curious where your faith in them comes from considering all there other games minus torchlight (which astounds me that its theres)
    Because I could not stop for Death-he kindly stopped for
    me-the carriage held but just Ourselves-and Immortality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig credit: Discordia
  • th30ry
    th30ry Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    janedoe wrote: »
    Personally, I don't want to see a cash shop.... period. Make all items that would have been in it available for purchase in-game for gold/coins/whatever currency this game uses.

You might not know it yet, but you just asked for a subscription fee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lolowizzz
    lolowizzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I hope PWI learns from AllOds mistakes, a game that had the [potential to be best free2play mmo out there but beeing too cashshop dependent ruin it and now they are trying to fix that evry patch but its way too late the huge playerbase its gone ... u can make alot of money selling only cosmetics in games ( proof: leagueoflegends = best and most profitable cashshop atm imo . )
  • hlpain
    edited December 2010
    arilzia wrote: »
    Not tring to be a douche or anything of the sort, im asking out of curiosity and awe. Where does your faith in them come from? The only analogy I can think of to link them to is: if you were dating a guy or girl (i dont know your orientation or sex so im including both to be safe.) And they cheated on you. You forgave them and took them back.. And then they did it again, and you forgave them and took them back, and again for the third time. Why would the fourth be different? Again I apologize if I sound like an ****, for once theres no malice or anything in this posting. Im just in awe and curious where your faith in them comes from considering all there other games minus torchlight (which astounds me that its theres)

Can't a man have faith in ppl ;p?

I hope they learnt from their mistakes tbh..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • narc0tix
    narc0tix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Lol you guys. "learn from their mistakes". Every game where they released a Lotto pack was considered a 'huge success' to them and their investors. The cash shop will be wh0red out just like all their other games. Losing a few non paying, whiny players like yourselves wont be to bad to them, i promise.
    Nova - Marksman / Bard
  • hlpain
    edited December 2010
    narc0tix wrote: »
    Losing a few non paying, whiny players like yourselves wont be to bad to them, i promise.

People can do fine even w/o playing :) i proved that in JD, i`m top 10 on my srv, w/o buying any kind of zen.

There's a diference between P2P and F2P games if you didn't know. This one is suposed to be a F2P, but a hardcore zen buyier (i think like yourself) wants all w/o any kind of strugle. Thatt's the fun in having no cash shop, you need to EARN what you have, not to use your mommy's credit card to get them.

But some ppl never learn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hirachan
    hirachan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    All I have to say is, if I see a single 'Anniversary box,' 'lucky box' or ANYTHING box, I will flip a ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]