Forsaken World Fan Made Trailer.

xsolarx
xsolarx Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Alright, here is my second attempt at a Forsaken World trailer. Hopefully, you all will like the text font better. -.- I spent another hour on this video making a total of 10 hours straight working on this piece...

I guess I do have to thank you also. Your "constructive criticisms" made me work that much harder and helped me step up my work. My editing program is not the best out there. I honestly would prefer Sony Vegas 9.0 but that's a 200$ program. Unless there is a free version somewhere I don't know about feel free to tell me. I do the best I can with what I have. Without and further ado, here is the video. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72PGt0MViNQ

Oh, by the way, some of it is a little fuzzy which I'm not too pleased about...but I guess that's what you get when you rip stuff from youtube and try using it in a video...my next videos will hopefully be straight from in-game. They will be much clearer then.
Post edited by xsolarx on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The world isn't perfect, so play in one that's Forsaken.

Comments

• benn1337
    benn1337 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I like it.
  • magebolt10
    magebolt10 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    that is actually pretty impressive..
  • acidik
    acidik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I really enjoyed it, but the fonts killed it for me.
    I wish they were perhaps glossier, not so bold, and a different color other than black/red.
    Despite that, it was quite lovely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Akuubie ✌(o ‿ ~)
  • ishlandir
    ishlandir Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    This is a very impressive video however you should work on your text appearance and rendering of the actual video so the quality will be higher ( If this is even possible as this is ''used'' footage which did not come from you directly )

Impressive work anyway! 9/10 and you got my subscribtion!
    Ishlandir - Member of Empire - Protector

[SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/117v2ia.png[/SIGPIC]
  • xsolarx
    edited December 2010
    I know. I hate the text styles too. My video editor has very blan text styles. I'm just working with what I have available to me. x]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ishlandir
    ishlandir Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    xsolarx wrote: »
    I know. I hate the text styles too. My video editor has very blan text styles. I'm just working with what I have available to me. x]

Oh well the output is not bad at all. It was quite amazing and you seem to know how to edit on the beat, always makes it look good !
    Ishlandir - Member of Empire - Protector

[SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/117v2ia.png[/SIGPIC]
  • linkalinks
    linkalinks Posts: 133
    edited December 2010
    You did a good job with this. The music is good and the timing of the words to the beat is great.

*+1 this*
  • malfor77
    malfor77 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    great job bro
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    lol its the official Forsaken World - "Advent" Trailer with a bad text font over and same over used music from other games and all bad encoded
    how is that impressive?
  • bghost
    bghost Posts: 0
    edited December 2010
    ^ haters are gonna hate. good job on the video
  • hlpain
    hlpain Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Here is my font source for my sony vegas:

Link 1
    Link 2

You have a couple there.. smth like 700.

Enjoy everyone of them as i did, and keep up the good work, that was a good job you done there besides the video quality ofc :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    bghost wrote: »
    ^ haters are gonna hate. good job on the video
    oh really? i thought i'll see something new and interesting but the first few seconds disappointed me fast... when i saw its actually the official trailer bad encoded and some **** font over it. what took him 10 hours? you can do one from scratch in 10 hours not to copy one and downgrading it
  • hlpain
    hlpain Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    kenlee wrote: »
    oh really? i thought i'll see something new and interesting but the first few seconds disappointed me fast... when i saw its actually the official trailer bad encoded and some **** font over it. what took him 10 hours? you can do one from scratch in 10 hours not to copy one and downgrading it

There's a word for what are you doing here kenlee and it's like this:

"If you can do it better, prove it!"

What do you say? make smth better and prove you're better or keep on flaming ^^ ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xsolarx
    edited December 2010
    hlpain wrote: »
    Here is my font source for my sony vegas:

Link 1
    Link 2

You have a couple there.. smth like 700.

Enjoy everyone of them as i did, and keep up the good work, that was a good job you done there besides the video quality ofc :P

Wow! Thanks a lot! These are amazing! I'll be sure to use these in future videos. ^ ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hirachan
    hirachan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    acidik wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it, but the fonts killed it for me.
    I wish they were perhaps glossier, not so bold, and a different color other than black/red.
    Despite that, it was quite lovely.

My thoughts exactly. Great job with the timing and the soundtrack choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bowman111
    bowman111 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i like it, good job ^^
  • xsolarx
    edited December 2010
    kenlee wrote: »

Actually, 10 hours is nothing compared to some other videos I've done which I did use in-game material for. (Although it wasn't Forsaken World) Those took weeks, sometimes months to complete.

If I was in closed beta, then yeah, I would totally be using in-game material and not stuff I pulled from youtube. I was actually going to use a little bit of previous trailer stuff and some in-game stuff for the video. (I like the art work in them) But, I got too impatient and just wanted to complete the video so I pulled just what ever I could.

I was very eager to try my skills at a Forsaken World Trailer. In my personal opinion, this isn't my best work. I give myself a 5/10 because the video material isn't my own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beras
    beras Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You did a great job with the limited resources you had. I'm sure when you get into the closed Beta or even open beta, you'll give this another shot. Good luck when you try or if you do redo it :D.
    [SIGPIC]http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6817/beras.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Strever for the Siggie~
  • unsur3
    unsur3 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    imo, this trailer is better than official ones ^^
    catching, fast-paced, but still clear. thumbs up thumbsup.jpg
  • kanika
    kanika Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Love your use of material there ^^ like what everyone (minus the flamers) have said, your timing on the music and the editing is amazing. I didn't like the beginning with the rock music intro, but that's just because it felt really out of place from the overall feel. But either way, I'd give it an 8.5/10. :P Can't wait to see your work when you get into the game!
    IGN: Minstrel
    Race: Elf
    Class: Bard

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Is he dead? He looks dead."

"No, he's not dead."

"Have you checked? I could kick him if you want."
This discussion has been closed.