When will Forsaken World Officially Open?

xsolarx
xsolarx Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
As the title says, when will Forsaken World officially open? I don't mean Open Beta, I mean open open. I haven't seen anywhere on the forum anything about an official opening. A rough date would be great. Just naming the time of season would be good too. =]

Anyone know? (preferably Crabclaw since you know more about this than any of the players would.)
Post edited by xsolarx on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The world isn't perfect, so play in one that's Forsaken.

Comments

• drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited December 2010
    open beta is the same thing as the game being open, and it probably wont be until SPring of 2011 seeing st how phase 3 is in Jan and no date for phase 4 yet
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • thivus
    thivus Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    xsolarx wrote: »
    As the title says, when will Forsaken World officially open? I don't mean Open Beta, I mean open open. I haven't seen anywhere on the forum anything about an official opening. A rough date would be great. Just naming the time of season would be good too. =]

Anyone know?

when people stop asking
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    race/Class:Kindred Vampire | Stoneman protector
    Ingame name:MercuryLaumpe | Thivus
  • xsolarx
    xsolarx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Sure, sorry for I didn't know that "Open Beta" was the same as the official opening. Spring would be nice.

Thivus, I was asking a simple question. Don't give a smart **** answer. I'm sure if you had a question you wouldn't want to be responded to in that manner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world isn't perfect, so play in one that's Forsaken.
  • thivus
    thivus Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    -.-'

Sure, I request a close for this thread. Thank you for letting me know.

would you rather i said december 21 2012?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    race/Class:Kindred Vampire | Stoneman protector
    Ingame name:MercuryLaumpe | Thivus
  • fallenhawk
    fallenhawk Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Anyone know?

Most F2P games like this stay in OB tell end of times.There is no real "live" stats just CB and OB.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • dare2try2killme
    dare2try2killme Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    why would they name a date or even a season when people will just whine and moan if it so happens that it isn't released by then? There's already enough trolls whining about stuff that doesn't warrent whining about.... don't need to give them another opportunity to whine about something else.
  • janedoe
    janedoe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    When will Forsaken World Officially Open?

Whenever they officially announce that it will...
  • rabid
    rabid Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    just following the patterns...phase 3, in early january, 4 in feb, going to give two months to phase 4, and then the game will be launched in april, assuming all their tests go according to plan, there is your rough estimate. It could be completely wrong for all i know, but that's my guess :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kanika
    kanika Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I want to say summer or fall next year. Since I think Phase 3 is out around January or so and then the final close beta Phase 4 will be about late February or early March (my guess is March). We don't know how long Phase 4 will be, but it might just be the longest since there will be a lot of cleaning up for the FW staff, given possible bug fixes and whatnot. I'd say, oooh, give it 2-3-ish months? Worst case scenario is 4 months?

4 Months, given that phase 4 takes place in March would take us to June. I have no idea how the shift between CB and OB works, so I'll take a gander and say something's gonna happen in between those times. You know, just some cleaning up a bit and adding some sparkles for the official open beta. What is that, a couple weeks maybe?

So my biggest theory would be around summer. Worst case scenario would make it around late summer or early fall. But this is purely speculation on my part so do not take my word for it. Wait for the official release date.

That being said, hope that helps. ^^
    IGN: Minstrel
    Race: Elf
    Class: Bard

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Is he dead? He looks dead."

"No, he's not dead."

"Have you checked? I could kick him if you want."
This discussion has been closed.